Should I buy these comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcousticDoc
From my class syllabus:

"Required Readings:
This is by no means a comprehensive list of essential Batman works, but they will be the ones this class focuses on. They are to be finished by the date listed.
Batman: Year One, by Frank Miller & David Mazzucchelli
Batman: The Long Halloween, by Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale
Batman: Dark Victory, by Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale
Batman: Strange Apparitions, by Steve Englehart and Len Wein
Batman: Blind Justice, by Sam Hamm & Denys Cowan
The Dark Knight Returns, by Frank Miller
Kingdom Come, by Mark Waid & Alex Ross
Joseph Campbell excerpts (To be handed out in class. No need to buy!)"

I need these textbooks asap and was wondering whether or not I should buy them ( I get 20% off on all of them) or just wait until I get them by other means (like maybe Ethereal? ^_^ ). I've read kingdom come and year one but nothing else on the list. If they are good I will buy them.

xmarksthespot
I still can't believe they teach comic courses and refer to them as textbooks. messed

DarkCrawler
blink That's one sweet book list. Wish my school had something like that...

And they are all good comics, so go ahead, buy them. Especially with that 20% off.

outavodka
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
From my class syllabus:

"Required Readings:
This is by no means a comprehensive list of essential Batman works, but they will be the ones this class focuses on. They are to be finished by the date listed.

I need these textbooks asap and was wondering whether or not I should buy them ( I get 20% off on all of them) or just wait until I get them by other means (like maybe Ethereal? ^_^ ). I've read kingdom come and year one but nothing else on the list. If they are good I will buy them.
All of the reads are A lists but you might want Long Halloween, and Blind Justice to move alot damn faster, have a better writter,or artist.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
blink That's one sweet book list. Wish my school had something like that...

And they are all good comics, so go ahead, buy them. Especially with that 20% off.

It is a sweet list, I wish they were teaching that when I was in school. I think that if u r not that into comic books you should Torrent them.

DigiMark007
Surprisingly, the best stuff on that list will probably be the excerpts from Joseph Campbell. The dude is amazingly intelligent when it comes to any sort of mythology, and is always an interesting read.

Validus
lolz teh scanz!!

AcousticDoc
Has anyone here ever taken a batman course before?

Validus
No, but I wish I could get that easy of an A.

outavodka
Originally posted by Validus
No, but I wish I could get that easy of an A. Dont we all

willRules
yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I still can't believe they teach comic courses and refer to them as textbooks. messed

Bound to happen some time... Shakespeare was nothing more than pop culture back in his day as well

Doc Potato
From my class syllabus:

"Required Readings:

I need these textbooks asap and was wondering whether or not I should buy them ( I get 20% off on all of them) or just wait until I get them by other means (like maybe Ethereal? ^_^ ). I've read kingdom come and year one but nothing else on the list. If they are good I will buy them. They're all great, especially Long Halloween and Year One! smile

The Pict
We never did anything remotely like this at my school

Superherovandal
From my class syllabus:

"Required Readings:

what do you take college? and if so tell me what college so i can apply as well for such an easy class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.