Another Aussie Icon dies..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PeterGriffin
Peter Brock killed in race accident.

Nine-times Bathurst 1000 winner and Australian motor racing legend Peter Brock has been killed while competing in the Targa West Tarmac Rally in Western Australia.

Brock was partnered by Mick Hone in the race and they were competing in a Daytona Coupe.

Hone has been taken to hospital in a stable condition.

The West Australian Police Major Crash Squad has confirmed the car collided with a tree after going off a road near Gidgegannup, in Perth's north-east.

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) said the accident occurred at approximately 11:50am (WST).

CAMS will conduct a full investigation into the incident and at the moment event officials are working with relevant civil authorities.

The Targa West Rally began in Perth yesterday and takes place over four days and is divided into two categories - competition and challenge.

His co-driver Mick Hone was injured but conscious as they rushed him to hospital

Hone's son, Justin said Peter's death has come as a shock.

"To hear my father is okay, you feel good for that but so awful for Peter and his family," he said.

Prime Minister John Howard said Peter would be remembered as a legend.

"I was shocked and saddened to hear of Peter Brock's death," Mr Howard said.

"The removal of Brockie takes away a legend of motor racing in Australia."

Opposition Leader Kim Beazley said Brock was an example off the track to aspiring race car drivers.

"Peter Brock's commitment to road safety has also had a significant influence on all Australians," he said.

Brock was born in Melbourne in 1945 and dominated Australian motor sport for the past three decades.

His great-great-uncle, Henry James, was a founder of the RACV and organised Australia's first motor sport event - the 1905 Sydney to Melbourne reliability trial.

In 1969, the manager of the newly formed Holden Dealer Team, Harry Firth, gave Brock his break with an offer to drive at Bathurst in a Monaro GTS 350.

Brock won his first Bathurst title in 1972 driving solo in a Torana XU1.

He was nicknamed "Peter Perfect" and later became known as the "King of the Mountain" after his success in the endurance races at Bathurst.

In 1997, Brock retired from full-time V8 Supercars racing and launched the Peter Brock Foundation, which provides support to a wide range of community programs.

Last year, Brock separated from his wife Beverly after 28 years of marriage but they remained close friends.

The 61-year-old is survived but his three children - Jamie, Robert and Alexandria.

Wildlife warrior Steve Irwin killed by stingray, racing legend Peter Brock killed in car crash.....it would be hilarious if it hadn;t ended in death...erm

Not a very good week for Australians erm

Rest in peace Brock.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060908/23/10ghs.html

BakaXero
man this is a cursed week for Aussies and for me erm
First Irwin dies, then the socceroos lose, then Brock dies,

for me it was those plus out of the blue my friend accuses me of liking his girlfriend (who's also my friend) and then my comp ****s up and then i go to class wasted and hour and a half to get there just to find out my teacher became ill just a minute beofe then the long ride hom back to my ****ed up comp.

I want this week to end!!! crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby

on a plus note at least they died doing what they loved

PeterGriffin
Yeah true, couldnt have gone out in a better fashion...

Imaginary
Yeah, 2 in a week, its a bit creepy. I'll bet somebody else is next sad

BakaXero
Originally posted by Imaginary
Yeah, 2 in a week, its a bit creepy. I'll bet somebody else is next sad
i hope its Howard no expression

Roulette
^ laughing out loud

Wow...I didn't even know about his death...until now O.O

What's with all the deaths lately? It's extremely strange....

PeterGriffin
Originally posted by BakaXero

laughing

Originally posted by Roulette
What's with all the deaths lately? It's extremely strange....

Well...I dont exactly argue against my contracts...plus the money was too good...dodgy

Joking...JOKING mad Shame...sad

Imaginary

Hopefully he'll kick the bucket while passing another bill that extends the gap between the classes...

BakaXero
Originally posted by PeterGriffin
laughing

Well...I dont exactly argue against my contracts...plus the money was too good...dodgy

shame on you!
Originally posted by Imaginary
Hopefully he'll kick the bucket while passing another bill that extends the gap between the classes...
damn him and his stupid ideas

PeterGriffin
shame on you!

shame on you
for smelling like poo

See how I did that?

BakaXero
shame on you
for smelling like poo

See how I did that?
nothing beats the original mhm

PeterGriffin
This thread is about Peter Brock, stop taking it off topic mad

Roulette

laughing out loud wow...skills.

sadIndeed, it is.

BakaXero
This thread is about Peter Brock, stop taking it off topic mad
did you happen to put (au) in you msn?

PeterGriffin

Hmmm no, I only had the turtle...didnt know there was a car icon..

Imaginary

I did.

PeterGriffin
As usual, its already up on wikipedia roll eyes (sarcastic)

Death
Peter Brock's Daytona Coupe - the day before the accident.
Enlarge
Peter Brock's Daytona Coupe - the day before the accident.

Peter Brock died at the age of 61 in a racing accident. The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport and Western Australian Police confirmed that he lost control of his vehicle on a bend and collided with a tree while driving in the Targa West '06 rally at 11.50am on September 8, 2006, near the township of Gidgegannup, 40km north-east of Perth. Brock and co-driver Mick Hone were in a 2001 Daytona Coupe. Hone was taken to hospital in a stable condition.

The editor of Wheels Magazine, Ged Bulmer, said that Brock would be remembered for his nine victories in the Bathurst 1000, for "He had a long and very successful career there, he was the 'King of the Mountain' as he came to be known."

BakaXero
Hmmm no, I only had the turtle...didnt know there was a car icon..
should i be suprised?no expression

PeterGriffin
should i be suprised?no expression

Not really no expression But I put it on now.

BakaXero
I find the timing of death odd. since alot of people I know about would usually die around the same time as another.

PeterGriffin
6 billion people within 365 days a year, not a lot of room to spread out...

DragonWoman
Man I better watch my back when I'm working tonight...this is freaking me out and Baka's right, I hope it is Howard that goes next.

BakaXero
6 billion people within 365 days a year, not a lot of room to spread out...
I meant as in poeple you know.
I know people die everyday but many i dont know.
but the ones i do know of usually happen with in a week.
Originally posted by DragonWoman
Man I better watch my back when I'm working tonight...this is freaking me out and Baka's right, I hope it is Howard that goes next.
um... confused

PeterGriffin
Well that would probably screw this country over for a while....the government would be all over itself trying to replace him, at least now while he is in power we have a stable government.

PeterGriffin
I meant as in poeple you know.
I know people die everyday but many i dont know.
but the ones i do know of usually happen with in a week.

Just cause you lost mhm

clap
He's not famous enough to poke fun at.

BakaXero
Originally posted by clap
He's not famous enough to poke fun at.
you sir, should remove yourself from the premises immediately mhm

clap
Well, seriously. Car crashes just aren't as funny as stingray barbs. Although I think I remember some pretty funny Earnheardt jokes from his crash. Must mean he just wasn't famous enough.

Barking Spider
you sir, should remove yourself from the premises immediately mhm

You sir, are an idiot, but I'd spoon with you any day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.