What percentage of the opposite sex are "datable"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

clap
I'm going to say 7%.

Seems like the number would be much higher, but when I actually start counting during my day to day life the reality is about 7%. I attribute this to the fact that I must ignore most ugly people, thereby making it seem like there's more attractive people in the world than there really is.

If you live in a college town or something with a higher percentage of attractive people, please take into acocunt all the baby boomers and elderly living elsewhere.

If you're homosexual, just respond with 0%.

Shelbert Lemon
I dont know how it would be possible to put a % on how many of the opposite sex I think is 'datable' .... I dont go on looks alone... I find it in the personality. Im attracted to all sorts of people as far as there looks go... some way more attractive then others but % wise... I dont know.

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by clap

What's up with that? What the f**k?...

ThePittman
I think its a number of girls that will actually talk to him and from there it's 7%

clap
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
I dont know how it would be possible to put a % on how many of the opposite sex I think is 'datable' .... I dont go on looks alone... I find it in the personality. Im attracted to all sorts of people as far as there looks go... some way more attractive then others but % wise... I dont know.

Alright, then think of the converse. What percentage would you think is undatable? Would you date a 70 year old man with a great personality? If no, then all 70 year olds are out and you have about 12% you wouldn't date.

clap
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
What's up with that? What the f**k?...

Did you read the thread title?

clap
Originally posted by ThePittman
I think its a number of girls that will actually talk to him and from there it's 7%

I'd like to thank my fans, without which none of this would be possible. And I'd also like to remind my fans that if they get my name tatooed on their buttocks, it's forever or mighty painful to get removed.

T.M
About 16%

Shelbert Lemon
Alright, then think of the converse. What percentage would you think is undatable? Would you date a 70 year old man with a great personality? If no, then all 70 year olds are out and you have about 12% you wouldn't date. When Im near 70, then sure, but at the 32 Im at now... no. I dont understand your logic. How do you come up with this %? messed

clap
When Im near 70, then sure, but at the 32 Im at now... no. I dont understand your logic. How do you come up with this %? messed

How many people right now would you consider datable? It's not rocket science, just answer the question.

If you have no standards, just answer 100%. Jeez.

Shelbert Lemon
How many people right now would you consider datable? It's not rocket science, just answer the question.

If you have no standards, just answer 100%. Jeez. The question is ... 'What % of the opposite sex is datable?'.... you know how many men there are walking around this rock we call Earth?!

Yes, I have standards. How am I supposed to know how many of the billions of men there are, that I would consider dating? The numbers are out there I know... but to give a % is absurdly inaccurate.

clap
The question is ... 'What % of the opposite sex is datable?'.... you know how many men there are walking around this rock we call Earth?!

Yes, I have standards. How am I supposed to know how many of the billions of men there are, that I would consider dating? The numbers are out there I know... but to give a % is absurdly inaccurate.

By taking a random sample. Walk around tomorrow and count the number of guys you see. Then keep track of how many of them you wouldn't mind boinking and simple division will give you a percentage. Then adjust based on your area versus the country and/or world overall.

Just make an educated guess. I can see where this would be difficult for you.

Shelbert Lemon
By taking a random sample. Walk around tomorrow and count the number of guys you see. Then keep track of how many of them you wouldn't mind boinking and simple division will give you a percentage. Then adjust based on your area versus the country and/or world overall.

Just make an educated guess. I can see where this would be difficult for you. You dont know me, Why do you feel the need to insult me? erm

Soleran

Just make an educated guess. I can see where this would be difficult for you.

You're attempt at humor sucks.

Roland
Dating isn't just looks alone.

Sure when you are looking for someone to date you will look for someone you find attractive but to try to classify people into a % based on looks alone is just ridiculous because we all have different views on whats attractive.

clap
You dont know me, Why do you feel the need to insult me? erm

Ok, sorry. How about just pick a number betweeen 1 and 100, ok? Thanks.

clap
Originally posted by Soleran
You're attempt at humor sucks.

I wasn't joking. Random sampling is a good way at estimating stuff like this.

lord xyz
As a teenager, I'd say 15-30% of women are datable.

clap
Originally posted by Roland
Dating isn't just looks alone.

Sure when you are looking for someone to date you will look for someone you find attractive but to try to classify people into a % based on looks alone is just ridiculous because we all have different views on whats attractive.

OK, fine. I would change the thread title to read "attractive" instead of "datable" if I could.

From now on....this thread is about what percentage of people you find attractive versus the general population of your home city/county/emirate/whatever. Bunch of nitpickers.

Hear that?....
This thread is now about what percentage of people you find attractive versus the general population.

Shelbert Lemon
Ok, sorry. How about just pick a number betweeen 1 and 100, ok? Thanks. again ... no... it would not be accurate! I cant do as you suggest, nor would I anyways. THe people that live in my region will differ from those who live in yours. Understand that before you try again.

lord xyz
OK, fine. I would change the thread title to read "attractive" instead of "datable" if I could.

From now on....this thread is about what percentage of people you find attractive versus the general population of your home city/county/emirate/whatever. Bunch of nitpickers.

Hear that?....
This thread is now about what percentage of people you find attractive versus the general population. 2%

§P0oONY
10-20...

I'll go with 15.356543 w00t

Jen'ari
I'd say about 4%. I have high standards.

clap
Thanks Lord, spoony and jen'ari. Some honest answers.

Can a mod please change the title to reflect 'attractive' instead of 'datable'? Thanks.

The Pict
I'm going to say 7%.

Seems like the number would be much higher, but when I actually start counting during my day to day life the reality is about 7%. I attribute this to the fact that I must ignore most ugly people, thereby making it seem like there's more attractive people in the world than there really is.

If you live in a college town or something with a higher percentage of attractive people, please take into acocunt all the baby boomers and elderly living elsewhere.

account

clap
Originally posted by The Pict
account

I prefer my spelling, thanks.

TheKingofKINGS!
I'm going to say 7%.

If you're homosexual, just respond with 0%. i personally think that about 50% of people are datable.

Because there are hot people who are total bitches

and there are ugly fat people who are really cool (IMO)

But the thing is: Finding someone attractive and cool. For that, I'd say about 15%

Slay
So before you go on a first date, you dry to dig in ones personality?
Aren't first dates meant to be about finding things out about each other?

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Slay
So before you go on a first date, you dry to dig in ones personality?
Aren't first dates meant to be about finding things out about each other? no, not everyone goes on a date with someone based on their looks. The men Ive gone out with, I got to know first, be it through friends, talking or whatever. I dont try to dig into ones personality. If someone is an ass, a lot of times thats apparent up front and they wont have a chance at a first date.

BlackSunshine
I don't pay attention to someones looks. I'd like to know about them personally and if they have a good head on their shoulders and a sense of humor. Most "good-looking" guys are so stuck on theirselves that their not even worth my time.

clap
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
i personally think that about 50% of people are datable.

But the thing is: Finding someone attractive and cool. For that, I'd say about 15%

50%????? Dude!!!! Where do you live, South Beach Miami?

That means you would sleep with anybody between the ages of 15 and 55, no matter what they looked like or acted like. Care to rethink your decision?

TheKingofKINGS!

That means you would sleep with anybody between the ages of 15 and 55, no matter what they looked like or acted like. Care to rethink your decision? When I say "50%" I mean "50% of the girls I socialize within my age range." Meaning 15 would be acceptable.

BlackSunshine
i personally think that about 50% of people are datable.

I'd definitley agree with that....with men of course. smile

TheKingofKINGS!
Oh, and finding someone attractive and cool that I know who I'd actually date (because it might be weird or something) is about 7%

clap
Oh, and finding someone attractive and cool that I know who I'd actually date (because it might be weird or something) is about 7%

Thank you for agreeing with me in the end, even if you didn't read the whole thread as the premises were explained and expounded upon.

TheKingofKINGS!
Thank you for agreeing with me in the end, even if you didn't read the whole thread as the premises were explained and expounded upon. um...I never agreed with you. I just neglected to mention that there are a lot of cool and attractive girls I wouldn't date for the history we have together, or her family, or something.

Jen'ari

That means you would sleep with anybody between the ages of 15 and 55, no matter what they looked like or acted like. Care to rethink your decision?

lol that's where I used to live, and I'd have to say there it was about 20%. Here in London, 4%.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by ThePittman

Considering it's Clap, it would be 1%. For me, I have run into a TON of non-datable girls. But in total, maybe 45%.

clap
um...I never agreed with you. I just neglected to mention that there are a lot of cool and attractive girls I wouldn't date for the history we have together, or her family, or something.

I originally said 7%. You finally, through your hemming and hawing, said 7%. That's called agreeing.

clap
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Considering it's Clap, it would be 1%. For me, I have run into a TON of non-datable girls. But in total, maybe 45%.

I have more pull than you would believe, but I'm not online to pick up chicks.

45% means that you would date anyone between the ages of 15 and 45 roughly. ANYONE. That means you would date Rosie O'Donnell. Ewwww!!

MJOILNIR
It really depends on how far your into the case I guess. About 12 cans into it the % really goes up.

The Pict
Everywhere I turn i see hot chicks, you guys are either blind or lying. 60% easy, and I am shallow when it come to girls.

clap
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
It really depends on how far your into the case I guess. About 12 cans into it the % really goes up.

Truth. I'd say my 7% would go up to 20-25%.

clap
Everywhere I turn i see hot chicks, you guys are either blind or lying. 60% easy, and I am shallow when it come to girls.

Honestly, you've got the blinders on or your exposure to the general population is limited.

40% of the female population is either under 15 years old or over 60 years old. Assuming that you're no pedophile and don't do fossils, you're sixty percent says you have no standards for women between the ages of 15 and 60. That's just wrong, man. Have you seen what Linda Tripp looks like? It ain't pretty.

The Pict
Honestly, you've got the blinders on or your exposure to the general population is limited.

40% of the female population is either under 15 years old or over 60 years old. Assuming that you're no pedophile and don't do fossils, you're sixty percent says you have no standards for women between the ages of 15 and 60. That's just wrong, man. Have you seen what Linda Tripp looks like? It ain't pretty.

But I wouldn't take a gran or a kid out on a date, which is what I assumed this was about. Ok my bad. But going by who I would date lower it to 45 and 15? No chance, 16 is the law here.

So out of 16 - 45 60%

going by your way, the whole population of females, then incalculable!

clap
But I wouldn't take a gran or a kid out on a date, which is what I assumed this was about. Ok my bad. But going by who I would date lower it to 45 and 15? No chance, 16 is the law here.

So out of 16 - 45 60%

Incalculable? not really. 16-45 is approx. 40% of the female population. You'd date 60% of those. 60% of 40% is approx. 24% of all women.

So you'd date what I'd date when I'm on the piss.

The Pict
Incalculable? not really. 16-45 is approx. 40% of the female population. You'd date 60% of those. 60% of 40% is approx. 24% of all women.

So you'd date what I'd date when I'm on the piss.

Nope I already just said I tighten the restrictions and said not the whole population. Is it just my posts you misread?

And being drunk doesn't change stats, but whatever. You'll probably misread this post as well.

clap
Nope I already just said I tighten the restrictions and said not the whole population. Is it just my posts you misread?

And being drunk doesn't change stats, but whatever. You'll probably misread this post as well.

I think I understand you perfectly.

I'll spell it out nice and slow.

You said "So out of 16 - 45 60%" which in it's remarkable clarity I took to mean that you would date 60% of women aged 16 to 45.

Is that correct?

Lumanix
Did you read the thread title? You're a ****ing idiot and I just laughed my ass off at your utter and total stupidity. Commit suicide. Nobody loves you.

clap
Originally posted by Lumanix
You're a ****ing idiot and I just laughed my ass off at your utter and total stupidity. Commit suicide. Nobody loves you.

What percentage of the opposite sex would you suggest homosexuals would date?

I was just heading off the eventual stupid question before it was ever asked, but thanks for your input.

The Pict
I think I understand you perfectly.

I'll spell it out nice and slow.

You said "So out of 16 - 45 60%" which in it's remarkable clarity I took to mean that you would date 60% of women aged 16 to 45.

Is that correct?

No because you don't know what 60% of 16 - 45 is, as you don't know their numbers. Lets just go with more than half of them and leave it there.

clap
No because you don't know what 60% of 16 - 45 is, as you don't know their numbers. Lets just go with more than half of them and leave it there.

Yes I do.

You said "So out of 16 - 45 60%" which in it's remarkable clarity I took to mean that you would date 60% of women aged 16 to 45. Women aged 16 to 45 comprise approximately 40% of the total female population according to the census. You said you would date 60% of that 40% of women. Through the magical prestidigitation of mathematics that means you would date 24% of the total population of women. Capice?

I said I would date 7%, unless drunk when I would date closer to 20-25%. Hence my other comment.

The Pict
Yes I do.

You said "So out of 16 - 45 60%" which in it's remarkable clarity I took to mean that you would date 60% of women aged 16 to 45. Women aged 16 to 45 comprise approximately 40% of the total female population according to the census. You said you would date 60% of that 40% of women. Through the magical prestidigitation of mathematics that means you would date 24% of the total population of women. Capice?

I said I would date 7%, unless drunk when I would date closer to 20-25%. Hence my other comment.

How do you know that? You know the number of females in the world aged between 15 - 45? That's what I just asked.

The Pict
What census? A world Census? On just woman between the age of 16 - 45, and age group I put forth?

You realise this makes you look stupid saying they are 40% of the population when it was ME that decided the 2 ages.

clap
What census? A world Census? On just woman between the age of 16 - 45, and age group I put forth?

2001 Scotland census. I take my forum posting seriously.

clap
You realise this makes you look stupid saying they are 40% of the population when it was ME that decided the 2 ages.

No, because approx. 60% of Scottish women are either over 45 or under 16.

Your difficulty grasping the math after having it explained a few times isn't making you look too good, however.

The Pict
No, because approx. 60% of Scottish women are either over 45 or under 16.

Your difficulty grasping the math after having it explained a few times isn't making you look too good, however.

Firstly I never said SCOTLAND I said the world to you, second 16 - 45 is a number I chose. You are lying to me here.

clap
Firstly I never said SCOTLAND I said the world to you, second 16 - 45 is a number I chose. You are lying to me here.

You asking me to go look up what percentage of women in the world are aged 16-45? Because I'll do it. Problem with that is no accurate world census has ever been completed, so I figured keeping the poll country or city specific would be beneficial to all.

I have no reason nor am I lying to you.

Jen'ari
To be fair, in regards to people my age it's probably like 10%. I don't think I could ever date an ugly person.

The Pict
You asking me to go look up what percentage of women in the world are aged 16-45? Because I'll do it. Problem with that is no accurate world census has ever been completed, so I figured keeping the poll country or city specific would be beneficial to all.

I have no reason nor am I lying to you.

Right not accurate, didn't I previously say the the percentage of woman someone finds datable out of the word was INCALCULABLE?

Lumanix
What percentage of the opposite sex would you suggest homosexuals would date?

I was just heading off the eventual stupid question before it was ever asked, but thanks for your input. Shut you homophobe.

Jen'ari
Just give a guess dude.

clap
Originally posted by Jen'ari
To be fair, in regards to people my age it's probably like 10%. I don't think I could ever date an ugly person.

That sounds like a pretty honest answer. If you give me your age range preference and country of origin, I'll convert it to common percentage terms for comparing to others.

clap
Originally posted by Lumanix
Shut you homophobe.

I'm not a homophobe and take offense at your suggestion.

And what exactly did you mean by "shut you"?

clap
Right not accurate, didn't I previously say the the percentage of woman someone finds datable out of the word was INCALCULABLE? Originally posted by The Pict

You said whole population, not whole world population. Could mean whole country, whole city or whole household population. If you're going to hold me to nitpicking over population percentages, I really wish you would be more exacting in your phrasing.

Regardless, you didn't read the whole thread where I spelled out the premise for the first few posters who were confuzzled.

Hear that?....
This thread is now about what percentage of people you find attractive versus the general population.

The Pict
Yeah and neither did you say SCOTLAND to me until I questioned your census. Plus you are quoting things later said. And by continually saying "whole" I guess I assumed you would have cottoned on as you seem eager to display your intelligence.

I am going to leave it here because as much as I have made mistakes you have came up with untruths, one minute 40% is under 15 and over 60 the next its not.

clap
Yeah and neither did you say SCOTLAND to me until I questioned your census. Plus you are quoting things later said. And by continually saying "whole" I guess I assumed you would have cottoned on as you seem eager to display your intelligence.

I am going to leave it here because as much as I have made mistakes you have came up with untruths, one minute 40% is under 15 and over 60 the next its not.

Sorry. I took Scotland into account when originally calculating your percentage for you. Didn't mean to step on your toes by assuming that you'd only generally see women in Scotland.

As far as the math, I'd be happy to explain any questions you have. I'm all about educating.

What's "cottoned" mean?

Quiero Mota
Did you read the thread title?

laughing out loud

Lumanix
I'm not a homophobe and take offense at your suggestion.

And what exactly did you mean by "shut you"? u homofobe u racist u whob

Quiero Mota
He's not a homophobe, just because the thread was directed at straight people.

Lumanix, chale guey!

clap
I think Lumanix got himself snockered on non-alcoholic beer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.