Darkseid Strikes back at The Heralds of Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Pissed about Galactus being able to with Stand the OE, Darksied decides to Take a team against Galactus's Creations.

Darkseid
Takion
Orion
Lightray
Infinity Man
Doomsday (Gog Wars)
Gog ( the Other bIg Gun)
Metron (In his Mobius Chair)
Sinestro
Kalibak
S' Ivaa ( Darkseid's Big Gun)

vs.

The Fallen One
Silver Surfer
Fire Lord
the Destroyer
Terrax
Nova
Red Shift
Star Dust
Tyrant
Air Walker
And the Dazzler as a herald. ( I liked her)

Can Darksied get his revenge on Galactus by killing off Galactus' "children"?

thedude1948
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
no

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by thedude1948
no
yes

bigbran
Pissed about Galactus being able to with Stand the OE, Darksied decides to Take a team against Galactus's Creations.

Darkseid
Takion
Orion
Lightray
Infinity Man
Doomsday (Gog Wars)
Gog ( the Other bIg Gun)
Sinestro
Kalibak

vs.

The Fallen One
Silver Surfer
Fire Lord
the Destroyer
Terrax
Nova
Red Shift
Star Dust
Tyrant
Air Walker

Can Darksied get his revenge on Galactus by killing off Galactus' "children"? Please stop these threads!!
More than 3/4's of your threads are Marvel vs DC.
And quite a lot are Darkseid threads, when in your mind, Darky is an abstract, so I'm asking you nicely, please stop making these kind of threads.
And the only real threats are Tyrant and Destroyer.

David_Richards
spite thread

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by David_Richards
spite thread

NO it's not, I made each team as even as possible. The heralds actually have more power on thier side. Tryrant's only thread is s'ivaan. God is going to be busy with the destroyer.

rotiart
So Tyrants only threat is the destroyer... what about takion.. a near skyfather level.. or darkseid.. a skyfather level..

I give it to DC. Obviously.

batdude123

Darkseid
Takion
Orion
Lightray
Infinity Man
Doomsday (Gog Wars)
Gog ( the Other bIg Gun)
Sinestro
Kalibak

vs.

The Fallen One
Silver Surfer
Fire Lord
the Destroyer
Terrax
Nova
Red Shift
Star Dust
Tyrant
Air Walker

OE.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123
OE.

I don't think the OE can work on SOme of the more powerful Heralds. Like Tyrant, The Forgotten one, the ultimate destoyer. It ain't gonna work. On some of the others. I see all the heralds as very powerful. This battle could go either way. A couple of Darksied's teams are sky father or higher, but tyrant is arguably way more powerful than sky father. It's a good fight.

bigbran
Originally posted by rotiart
So Tyrants only threat is the destroyer... what about takion.. a near skyfather level.. or darkseid.. a skyfather level..

I give it to DC. Obviously. Huh?

thedude1948
They are all part of Galactus, so it wont work on them.

Superboy Prime
It won't work if they are primordial to the universe, and I believe they are not.

batdude123
I don't think the OE can work on SOme of the more powerful Heralds. Like Tyrant, The Forgotten one, the ultimate destoyer. It ain't gonna work.

Are they backed by the Presence? No? Then D-Side can do what he wants with them via OE.

batdude123
They are all part of Galactus, so it wont work on them.

They aren't backed by the Source of creation. Yes, it would work on them.

bigbran
Are they backed by the Presence? No? Then D-Side can do what he wants with them via OE. First of all, what does, the Presence have to do with Marvel?

thedude1948
They aren't backed by the Source of creation. Yes, it would work on them.
no

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
First of all, what does, the Presence have to do with Marvel?

It has EVERYTHING to do with the OE.

batdude123
no

Based on what? A NON-canon crossover? Gimme a break...

David_Richards
Its still a spite thread.

nvrbeenwthagirl
First of all, what does, the Presence have to do with Marvel?

NOthing. THe OE will work on some, and the others have powers to shield themselves. For how long I dont know. DS doesn't really care about his team. he'll see them all dead as long as he is the last one standing. if he was smart, he would help S'ivann take on tyrant. and if takion helps, they may be able to take tyrant out. But that leaves many more heralds against the rest of DS team. See this battle isn't as clear cut as people like to make it out to be.

thedude1948
It has EVERYTHING to do with the OE.

The Presence has everything to do with the DC Universe but nothing to do with the Marvel Universe so it wont work. no

nvrbeenwthagirl
Shoot, I didnt' mean to leave MOrg Out. Take Dazzler out and put Morg with the WOl in.

batdude123
The Presence has everything to do with the DC Universe but nothing to do with the Marvel Universe so it wont work. no

Yep, none of their attacks will work on each other. Guess it's a stalemate. thumbsup

Validus
Whether or not the OE will erase them doesn't matter. Most of the herald team will get KTFO by it at least.

thedude1948
Yep, none of their attacks will work on each other. Guess it's a stalemate. thumbsup

Everything else will work except the PIS beam, if there really is something that wouldnt work on the Marvel side it could be their Cosmic awareness.

bigbran
It has EVERYTHING to do with the OE. So everyone in Marvel is going to get erased, because they have nothing to do with the DC's god?Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
NOthing. THe OE will work on some, and the others have powers to shield themselves. For how long I dont know. DS doesn't really care about his team. he'll see them all dead as long as he is the last one standing. if he was smart, he would help S'ivann take on tyrant. and if takion helps, they may be able to take tyrant out. But that leaves many more heralds against the rest of DS team. See this battle isn't as clear cut as people like to make it out to be. If I argue for the heralds though, your going to say, Darkseid wins in a curbstomp, you do this in every thread, and then a couple pages later, you say DC wins.(in your own threads)

batdude123
Everything else will work except the PIS beam, if there really is something that wouldnt work on the Marvel side it could be their Cosmic awareness.

Nope, it'll only work in Marvel. Stalemate.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So everyone in Marvel is going to get erased, because they have nothing to do with the DC's god? If I argue for the heralds though, your going to say, Darkseid wins in a curbstomp, you do this in every thread, and then a couple pages later, you say DC wins.(in your own threads)

Just stop it. I dont' know who wins. And I just put MOrg with the WOL on the heralds side. Cuz I forgot about him and he is my favorite one. The battle looks about even to me. They both got a couple losers on their teams. Cuz nova is a puss, and lightray needs to go crazy to do spectacular stuff.

bigbran
Just stop it. I dont' know who wins. And I just put MOrg with the WOL on the heralds side. Cuz I forgot about him and he is my favorite one. The battle looks about even to me. They both got a couple losers on their teams. Cuz nova is a puss, and lightray needs to go crazy to do spectacular stuff. No, you already know who is going to win, and because of this logic, I switch my vote over to the heralds.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No, you already know who is going to win, and because of this logic, I switch my vote over to the heralds.

How the hell do I know who's going to win? The heralds have more evenvly spread power with the execption of the destroyer, morg, and Tyrant who is a major major threat.

The DS team Has only 3 all around high tier beings. THey have s'ivan, but I dont think he can beat tyrant on his own. I made the match to be a stalemate and for people to argue out battle scenarious to hash out a victor.

bigbran
How the hell do I know who's going to win? The heralds have more evenvly spread power with the execption of the destroyer, morg, and Tyrant who is a major major threat.

The DS team Has only 3 all around high tier beings. THey have s'ivan, but I dont think he can beat tyrant on his own. I made the match to be a stalemate and for people to argue out battle scenarious to hash out a victor. You said, in another thread that Darkseid, could beat Tyrant 10/10, so get whatever bullsh*t your trying to do, out of here, because I'm not as dumb as you think.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You said, in another thread that Darkseid, could beat Tyrant 10/10, so get whatever bullsh*t your trying to do, out of here, because I'm not as dumb as you think. \

Show me the other thread where I said Darkseid could beat Tyrant 10/10, U gotta see that one.

ExtraMision5555
So everyone in Marvel is going to get erased, because they have nothing to do with the DC's god?

Yeah its kinda hard to say OE would eradicate marvel heros, since it is in an alternate universe, althoug you could still question wether they are essential to thier own universe. or something

arousal comes twice a week

bigbran
\

Show me the other thread where I said Darkseid could beat Tyrant 10/10, U gotta see that one. Already dealt with this, I'll admit I was wrong(something you have been incapable of doing)

But you still gave Darky the win.

draxx_tOfU
DC ftw...with or without the OE...

ExtraMision5555
why does the dc team actually GET darkseid? obviously dc wins

Jimmy-Chan
S'ivaa could supposedly destroy multiple universes, and the only thing that could stop him per that story was The Source itself. This does seem like a spite thread, including him in it.

Mider999
darkseid is skyfather level, takion is near there kingdom come gog is another big gun of course, if its not then i dont know what to say cause everyone says he has diffrent powers. I say darkseid by himself would own the heralds, it would be a total slaughter.

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider999
darkseid is skyfather level, takion is near there kingdom come gog is another big gun of course, if its not then i dont know what to say cause everyone says he has diffrent powers. I say darkseid by himself would own the heralds, it would be a total slaughter. Skyfather? When Tyrant is way over SF level, at full power, and still over it, at a depowered level?

thedude1948
Tyrant by himself could tie up half of the team in his S & M Dungeon

darthgoober
darkseid is skyfather level, takion is near there kingdom come gog is another big gun of course, if its not then i dont know what to say cause everyone says he has diffrent powers. I say darkseid by himself would own the heralds, it would be a total slaughter.
Darkseid by himself would get the sh*t beat out of him.

Jimmy-Chan
I don't think the reduced Tyrant was above Skyfather level. He had some breif trouble with guys like Surfer, Jack of Hearts, and Gladiator. He was probably upper Skyfather level, though. I'd probably give Odin the slight nod over the reduced Tyrant.

bigbran
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
I don't think the reduced Tyrant was above Skyfather level. He had some breif trouble with guys like Surfer, Jack of Hearts, and Gladiator. He was probably upper Skyfather level, though. I'd probably give Odin the slight nod over the reduced Tyrant. Please tell me where the trouble arrised.
He was playing with them the whole time.

draxx_tOfU

darkseid by himself would own the heralds?

no offense but your post reeks of either ignorance or bias....

Jimmy-Chan
For one, Tyrant's fight with them wasn't short. Also, they were still drained from his machines. Gladiator matched his beams briefly, Surfer hurt him with a sucker blast (so did Ganymede), and in CPU Jack of Hearts was able to keep him occupied for a few panels, turning his head and making him wince with his hits. Tyrant would've one shotted them all if he was really above Skyfather level.

sexyking

roll eyes (sarcastic) DC team wins, and to the thread starter tyrant isnt a herald at least not in the manner we know heralds.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by sexyking
roll eyes (sarcastic) DC team wins, and to the thread starter tyrant isnt a herald at least not in the manner we know heralds.

When I strarted the thread, I was assuming we were talking about the tyrant that could match galactus. Which means that he was gonna be taking up at least darkseid,s'ivaan, and maybe even takion's time during the battle. I even said I forgot to add morg to the battle. which even the odd's quite a bit. Since Jimmy Chan has been posting on Darksied, I don't think Takion would be required to fight tyrant. Just darkseid and S'ivaan. But it changes nothing. The battle is still pretty even. The unforgotten ONe and The Ultimate destroyer and MOrg wol are gonna be tuff nuts to crack. This battle could go either way.

bigbran
For one, Tyrant's fight with them wasn't short. Also, they were still drained from his machines. Still drained? They seemed pretty healthy to me.Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
Gladiator matched his beams briefly, Ya, when Tyrant was playing with them. And matching, and beating, is completely different! Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
Surfer hurt him with a sucker blast Never happened!Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
(so did Ganymede), In the back of the head, with her staff. Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
and in CPU Jack of Hearts was able to keep him occupied for a few panels, turning his head and making him wince with his hits.And Jack of Hearts did nothing to Thanos, who we all know is on Tyrant's level. roll eyes (sarcastic) Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
Tyrant would've one shotted them all if he was really above Skyfather level. And he could have. If he wasn't toying with them.

But, lets take a looky over here, shall we?

Zeus stalemated Thor. What is Zeus?
Thor has beaten Mangog, what level is Mangog?

And then we have Beta Ray Bill,(who is on the same level as Thor)who did absolutely nothing, to Tyrant.

Jimmy-Chan
Still drained? They seemed pretty healthy to me.

It was never stated that their power was returned to them. I take it they were each still mildly weakened after his machines had sucked their power in.

Ya, when Tyrant was playing with them. And matching, and beating, is completely different!

Yes, but the fact that Tyrant >>>>>>>> Heralds isn't disputed. What I'm questioning is that the depowered Tyrant (whose blast didn't even phase Galactus) is really ABOVE Skyfather level, rather than a high-end Skyfather leveller like Odin.

Never happened!

Yes it did, just as he was downing Glads. Tyrant grunted from the attack. "Gaargh!" or some such.

In the back of the head, with her staff.

Still don't see that happening to someone who's on a whole different level of power from Odin.

And Jack of Hearts did nothing to Thanos, who we all know is on Tyrant's level.

Jack's blast actually knocked Thanos off-balance and impressed him. Thanos stated "This could be more difficult than I imagined" after taking JoH's blast. Mind you, Thanos still won handidly, but he didn't take the blast to zero effect.

roll eyes (sarcastic) And he could have. If he wasn't toying with them.

I see no evidence he was "toying" with them. It's not like he gets some great satisfaction out of physical combat. He wanted to put them down. Now, I'm sure he could one-shot each of them if he landed a really good blast (in fact, he did one-shot Surfer in the previous issue), but the way the fight went makes it hard for me to beleive that he's significantly more powerful than Odin.

But, lets take a looky over here, shall we?

Zeus stalemated Thor. What is Zeus?

Zeus had the advantage. Zeus has also beaten an Avengers team that includes Thor just as easily as Tyrant beat those heroes.

Thor has beaten Mangog, what level is Mangog?

He's lost all of his fights to Mangog except one.

And then we have Beta Ray Bill,(who is on the same level as Thor)who did absolutely nothing, to Tyrant.

Thor's hit did absolutely nothing to Zeus in the Avengers fight. Masterson Thor's had no effect on Heimdell w/ Odin's power before. Odin himself took a combo blast from Thanos and Surfer unaffected once. Darkseid himself has taken attacks from a GL ring, Lobo, Darkstars, and Supergirl each to no effect.

Taking a top tier's hit to no effect is a Skyfather level feat of durability.

the Darkone
Tyrant is on a Skyfather level, he absorbs biosphere energy from planets through out the universe. Tyrant was toying with them, he could've knocked all their asses out with thought if he wanted too but he didn't, he waned to have some fun and that he did.

Darkseid is consider a high end sky-father in his universe, since Odin one shot the Silver Surfer Darkseid will ick their ass with using his omega effect, but if the hearlders work together with the likes of Silver Surfer/ Morg/ Stardust/ they could win the majority. Tyrant and Destroyer alone can take half of DS team, Destroyer eats sky-fathers for lunch, Hearlders 7/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by the Darkone
Tyrant is on a Skyfather level, he absorbs biosphere energy from planets through out the universe. Tyrant was toying with them, he could've knocked all their asses out with thought if he wanted too but he didn't, he waned to have some fun and that he did.

Darkseid is consider a high end sky-father in his universe, since Odin one shot the Silver Surfer Darkseid will ick their ass with using his omega effect, but if the hearlders work together with the likes of Silver Surfer/ Morg/ Stardust/ they could win the majority. Tyrant and Destroyer alone can take half of DS team, Destroyer eats sky-fathers for lunch, Hearlders 7/10

You don't know anything about Takion, S'ivaan, or the infinite man do you?

the Darkone
Infinity Man/ Drax Darkseid older brother, and got his ass killed. Tyrant alone can truly give Infinity man and others hell.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by the Darkone
Infinity Man/ Drax Darkseid older brother, and got his ass killed. Tyrant alone can truly give Infinity man and others hell.

Um the infinity man is nothing to be dismissed so easily like you do. And takion the only one able to halt the power fo ARES with the GOD wave. I think you are doing some over estimating and under estimating. THe teams are nearly equal in power.

Jimmy-Chan
The teams are nowhere near equal in power due to S'ivaa. A better fight would be everyone from both teams teaming up against S'ivaa.

Ext@nt

Darkseid
Takion
Orion
Lightray
Infinity Man
Doomsday (Gog Wars)
Gog ( the Other bIg Gun)
Sinestro
Kalibak

vs.

The Fallen One
Silver Surfer
Fire Lord
the Destroyer
Terrax
Nova
Red Shift
Star Dust
Tyrant
Air Walker

These might be able to do it
Tyrant
Fallen One
Destoryer

And you left out Morg.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The teams are nowhere near equal in power due to S'ivaa. A better fight would be everyone from both teams teaming up against S'ivaa.

shhhh, dont' give me a way, i'm trying to expose the lack of DC knowlege on these forums. How everyone seems to just give marvel the wins without even knowing the power of the dc characters. you just ruined it!!! smile

bigbran
It was never stated that their power was returned to them. I take it they were each still mildly weakened after his machines had sucked their power in.
They sure looked like they were in great shape.

Yes, but the fact that Tyrant >>>>>>>> Heralds isn't disputed. What I'm questioning is that the depowered Tyrant (whose blast didn't even phase Galactus) is really ABOVE Skyfather level, rather than a high-end Skyfather leveller like Odin. He's either on a Skyfather level, or above. It's that simple.
And Galactus fed before his battle with Tyrant. He wasn't a weak Galactus, like he is on earth. He knew he had to feed.

Yes it did, just as he was downing Glads. Tyrant grunted from the attack. "Gaargh!" or some such.

You mean this?
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7757/silversurferv3082271obpo5.th.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/629/silversurferv3082281rgkv4.th.jpg

Still don't see that happening to someone who's on a whole different level of power from Odin. Maybe.
He would probably be on the same level.
But still, that's the only attack that did anything.

Jack's blast actually knocked Thanos off-balance and impressed him. Thanos stated "This could be more difficult than I imagined" after taking JoH's blast. Mind you, Thanos still won handidly, but he didn't take the blast to zero effect. Off balance? Impressed him?
Quite a difference from hurting him, don't you think?

I see no evidence he was "toying" with them. It's not like he gets some great satisfaction out of physical combat. He wanted to put them down. You call taking blasts head on, trying?
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4162/silversurferv3082263dagi9.th.jpg
Right there, lets bring this exercise to it's end.

Now, I'm sure he could one-shot each of them if he landed a really good blast (in fact, he did one-shot Surfer in the previous issue), but the way the fight went makes it hard for me to beleive that he's significantly more powerful than Odin.
Getting hurt once, and then blasting her away in the same page?
He only hit SS 3x in that fight. Odin hit Surfer hard when he Koed Surfer.
Lets look at them.(I already posted one)

Just one blast.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4458/silversurferv3082191fiea4.th.jpg

And eyebeam.( and KO)
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8915/silversurferv3082313tnot0.th.jpg

Surfer also hit him quite a few times to no effect.

Zeus had the advantage. Zeus has also beaten an Avengers team that includes Thor just as easily as Tyrant beat those heroes. I'm just pointing out, Thor did.
But when Tyrant fights 3 Thor levels, at the same time,(some above, some the same.)And beats there heads in.
You'd think he was above Zeus

He's lost all of his fights to Mangog except one. He still stands up to him.

Thor's hit did absolutely nothing to Zeus in the Avengers fight. As did Beta Ray Bill's.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9683/silversurferv3082205rcnw3.th.jpg
Masterson Thor's had no effect on Heimdell w/ Odin's power before. As it shouldn't.
Odin himself took a combo blast from Thanos and Surfer unaffected once. Thanos took a blast from Odin to no effect too!
This kind of helps both our cases.
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9034/thanos1we0.th.jpg
Darkseid himself has taken attacks from a GL ring, Lobo, Darkstars, and Supergirl each to no effect. And Darkseid's a skyfather. As they shouldn't really have an effect on him.
(cept maybe GL)

Taking a top tier's hit to no effect is a Skyfather level feat of durability. Yes, I know.
I like you. You have proof, you don't spew bs. Your opinion isn't biased. Keep up the good work.

Jimmy-Chan
They sure looked like they were in great shape.

They were in good shape in that they weren't hurt, but that doesn't mean that the power his machines had drained away suddenly returned. The fact that his machines planned on using their energy up over a period of time explains why they weren't near death or anything. Still, I doubt they were 100% whe n they fought Tyrant. 90%, maybe.

He's either on a Skyfather level, or above. It's that simple.
And Galactus fed before his battle with Tyrant. He wasn't a weak Galactus, like he is on earth. He knew he had to feed.

Tyrant's a high-end Skyfather leveller, IMO. But not above Skyfather level. I'd say he's roughly equal to Odin for raw power (versatility is debatable)

You mean this?
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/629/silversurferv3082281rgkv4.th.jpg

Yes. As you can seem, he grunts as Surfer attacks him. The blast made him feel some pain.

Maybe.
He would probably be on the same level.
But still, that's the only attack that did anything.

Uh, both that and Surfer's attack had roughly the same effect: making him grunt. The only real difference is "Huuunh!" as compared to "Araaagh!"

Off balance? Impressed him?
Quite a difference from hurting him, don't you think?

I'd imagine he felt some pain, given it made him think that taking JoH in wouldn't be as easy as he'd assumed. Mind you, he didn't have much more effect on Tyrant either -- he turned Tyrant's head and had him grimacing from the blows for a couple of panels. I'd say both felt some pain (enough to commade their attention), though nothing significant.

You call taking blasts head on, trying?
Right there, lets bring this exercise to it's end.

That doesn't mean he WANTED to take the blasts head on. The text just seems to back up the fact that he wanted to end it quickly, IMO.

Getting hurt once, and then blasting her away in the same page?
He only hit SS 3x in that fight. Odin hit Surfer hard when he Koed Surfer.
Lets look at them.(I already posted one)

Just one blast.

And eyebeam.( and KO)

Surfer also hit him quite a few times to no effect.

Yeah, which is why I consider Tyrant high-end Skyfather level physically, but not above.

I'm just pointing out, Thor did.
But when Tyrant fights 3 Thor levels, at the same time,(some above, some the same.)And beats there heads in.
You'd think he was above Zeus

Zeus also fought She-Hulk, Namor, and Photon when he beat the Avengers team including Thor. I'd say the showings are comparable.

Anywho, I generally agree that Tyrant is above Zeus. However, I consider Zeus a mid-Skyfather leveller, below Odin.

He still stands up to him.

He's also stood up to Celestials for a brief time. wink But again, here I agree that Tyrant is more powerful.

As did Beta Ray Bill's.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9683/silversurferv3082205rcnw3.th.jpg
As it shouldn't.
Thanos took a blast from Odin to no effect to.
This kind of helps both our cases.
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9034/thanos1we0.th.jpg

I think Odin basically just underestimated him at first.

And Darkseid's a skyfather. As they shouldn't really have an effect on him.
(cept maybe GL)

I think Skyfather types can generally take Herald-level attacks to no effect, but if they're hit by a good enough one, they can also be hurt to a minor degree.

Yes, I know.
I like you. You have proof, you don't spew bs. Your opinion isn't biased. Keep up the good work.

Well, we're all biased. It's just a matter of degree. wink But thanks.

Jimmy-Chan
BTW, I guess people could say S'ivaa's level is debatable. Orion actually survived a blast from him, and Supes/Orion combined were able to knock him off balance. They weren't able to hurt him, though. In fact, he took Darkseid's hand blasts unharmed and was stated to be able to rip through the multiverse by tearing holes in reality, ripping it apart peice by peice. Highfather stated that only the rebalancing of The Source could stop him. In general, I'd have to bring up the fact that he didn't one-shot Supes and Orion when I talk about him. However, the fact that he wasn't really even paying attention to them, along with the statement that only The Source can prevent him from destroying all, implies to me he was at least on the level of a Celestial or Promethean Giant.

nvrbeenwthagirl
NOthing. THe OE will work on some, and the others have powers to shield themselves. For how long I dont know. DS doesn't really care about his team. he'll see them all dead as long as he is the last one standing. if he was smart, he would help S'ivann take on tyrant. and if takion helps, they may be able to take tyrant out. But that leaves many more heralds against the rest of DS team. See this battle isn't as clear cut as people like to make it out to be.

One problem DC has, is that it makes these incredibly powerful beings, and then somehow, the heroes always beat them. which would either make the heroes themselves more powerful, or here on the forum, make the villians seem less powerful as people dont' want to accept superman fighting multiversal threats.

bigbran
They were in good shape in that they weren't hurt, but that doesn't mean that the power his machines had drained away suddenly returned. The fact that his machines planned on using their energy up over a period of time explains why they weren't near death or anything. Still, I doubt they were 100% whe n they fought Tyrant. 90%, maybe. They still looked pretty good.
Plus Thanos fought him at 100% and above. And we all know what Happens to Surfer against Thanos.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2605/cpu4dm9.th.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9356/cpu5uk3.th.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4207/cpu6do6.th.jpg

So ya, he did a little better to Tyrant, than he did to Thanos.
Mind you he had the others.

Tyrant's a high-end Skyfather leveller, IMO. But not above Skyfather level. I'd say he's roughly equal to Odin for raw power (versatility is debatable) And your probably right.

Yes. As you can seem, he grunts as Surfer attacks him. The blast made him feel some pain. NO!!!
He's making the noise as he smokes Glads.
Here check it out.
These are the other times he hit Tyrant. No effect. But when he's hitting someone, and he doesn't move at all from Surfer's blast, you think it's going to hurt him?
In no order.
And here is where he supposedly gets hurt.

Uh, both that and Surfer's attack had roughly the same effect: making him grunt. The only real difference is "Huuunh!" as compared to "Araaagh!"
No, he didn't open his mouth, or make any moves to make it seem like it hurt.

I'd imagine he felt some pain, given it made him think that taking JoH in wouldn't be as easy as he'd assumed. Maybe, but all he did was Knock him off his feet, so..ya.
Mind you, he didn't have much more effect on Tyrant either -- he turned Tyrant's head and had him grimacing from the blows for a couple of panels. I'd say both felt some pain (enough to commade their attention), though nothing significant. Thanos did some damage to Tyrant, nothing major.
Tyrant though, damaged Thanos quite a bit.

That doesn't mean he WANTED to take the blasts head on. The text just seems to back up the fact that he wanted to end it quickly, IMO.
No, he toom quite a few, without moving out of the way at all.(I think all the attacks, that hit him.)

Yeah, which is why I consider Tyrant high-end Skyfather level physically, but not above.
Odin level.
Full power Tyrant though, is way above Skyfather.

Zeus also fought She-Hulk, Namor, and Photon when he beat the Avengers team including Thor. I'd say the showings are comparable. Photon and Thor, are the only ones, that compare to Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and Glads.

Anywho, I generally agree that Tyrant is above Zeus. However, I consider Zeus a mid-Skyfather leveller, below Odin. Yup.
Zeus, could be on his level....maybe.
But most would have him below Odin.
He is the only Skyfather though(real ones) that is close to Odin. The others, aren't so lucky.

He's also stood up to Celestials for a brief time. wink But again, here I agree that Tyrant is more powerful. Ya, but a Celestial is way bigger than Thor, and Thor could avoid them easier than Mangog.
Only reason Thor would last there.

I think Odin basically just underestimated him at first.
Well he didn't do anything, beside slap him, before Gungir.

I think Skyfather types can generally take Herald-level attacks to no effect, but if they're hit by a good enough one, they can also be hurt to a minor degree. Ya, but it would have to be a good one.

Well, we're all biased. It's just a matter of degree. wink But thanks. Yes, but some aren't as bad as others.
There's fanboys, fans, and then haters. And then people that just like the character.

Jimmy-Chan
Er, nothing hurt S'ivaa until The Source consumed him again.

Anywho, here's the Jack of Hearts/Tyrant scene:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6198/johcv0tb7.th.jpg

As you can see, it's stated they still can't win without Thanos helping, but I don't see someone ABOVE Skyfather level affected by JoH's blows that way.

nvrbeenwthagirl

As you can see, it's stated they still can't win without Thanos helping, but I don't see someone ABOVE Skyfather level affected by JoH's blows that way.

I was basically saying that no matter how powerful something is in DC, the hereos always seem to beat them permantly. Where as in marvel, things that powerful seem to get away or come back over and over. in DC, Galactus would be a one shot story and get beaten forever. cuz dc writes that way. where as marvel can see the value in a good villian, so they keep the bad guys amped up and coming back. even tho they lose, marvel has a good way of explaining thier losses. Like hungry galactus, and thanos giving up the power and pheonix getting all mushy. It keeps the villians fresh without depowering them or having them beat forver.

bigbran

As you can see, it's stated they still can't win without Thanos helping, but I don't see someone ABOVE Skyfather level affected by JoH's blows that way. He didn't cry out.
There was just one facial expression. Tyrant doesn't even try to avoid anything. He didn't even speak.
And this scan would also have JOH above Surfer.

Jimmy-Chan
They still looked pretty good.
Plus Thanos fought him at 100% and above. And we all know what Happens to Surfer against Thanos.

So ya, he did a little better to Tyrant, than he did to Thanos.
Mind you he had the others.

There's also another brief Surfer/Thanos fight where Surfer held his own. Mind you, I wouldn't hold that against Thanos, but just FYI. Anyway, since I consider Thanos a Skyfather leveller himself, around Zeus or Mangog, this fits in with where I place Tyrant.

And your probably right.

Alright. The only thing I disagreed with is that he's above Skyfather level. Certainly in his original form, but not in the depowered one.

NO!!!
He's making the noise as he smokes Glads.

Eh, I don't see him grunting because he's attacking Gladiator. Looked to me more like the attack made him grunt.

Here check it out.
These are the other times he hit Tyrant. No effect. But when he's hitting someone, and he doesn't move at all from Surfer's blast, you think it's going to hurt him?

The other times, Tyrant knew Surfer was coming. This one was a sucker attack. Since Ganymede also made him grunt, and it was stated that Surfer's power is greater than any of the others (which I would assume means his blasts are also greater than her staff), it's no stretch to assume the grunt was in response to Surfer' blast.

No, he didn't open his mouth, or make any moves to make it seem like it hurt.

Well, his mouth IS open. Looked to me like it caught him just as he was hitting Glads, where he was already leaning, and made him grunt.

Maybe, but all he did was Knock him off his feet, so..ya.
Thanos did some damage to Tyrant, nothing major.
Tyrant though, damaged Thanos quite a bit.

Odin damaged Thanos quite a bit in the end as well.

No, he toom quite a few, without moving out of the way at all.(I think all the attacks, that hit him.)

I don't think that means he wanted to take them -- just that he knew he could withstand them without any significant harm.

Odin level.
Full power Tyrant though, is way above Skyfather.

Yeah, but I think this thread involves the depowered one from SS#80-82.

Photon and Thor, are the only ones, that compare to Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and Glads.

Well, Namor has fought Surfer and Thor evenly before. He lacks versatility, but he's up there in raw power. He is to Marvel top tiers what Wonder Woman or Barda are to DC top tiers.

Yup.
Zeus, could be on his level....maybe.
But most would have him below Odin.
He is the only Skyfather though(real ones) that is close to Odin. The others, aren't so lucky.

Surtur, DC's Cronos, and Seth are actually above Zeus, IMO.

Ya, but a Celestial is way bigger than Thor, and Thor could avoid them easier than Mangog.
Only reason Thor would last there.

Actually, Thor survived several of their blasts and kept fighting in Thor#300. It was weird.

Well he didn't do anything, beside slap him, before Gungir.

Yeah, but Gungir is part of his standard arsenal.

Jimmy-Chan
He didn't cry out.
There was just one facial expression. Tyrant doesn't even try to avoid anything. He didn't even speak.
And this scan would also have JOH above Surfer.

Well, I didn't say he cried out, but he did have an expression of pain. The fact that he didn't retaliate before JOH could land a second attack also backs up that it had SOME kind of effect. Since I also think Surfer made Tyrant grunt with a sucker-blast, to me this doesn't put JoH above him. Mind you, JoH had more effect on Thanos that Surfer did in CPU. You can't always mix 'n match showings like that. In general, I'd say Jack's strength and blasts are in the same league as Surfer's.

bigbran
There's also another brief Surfer/Thanos fight where Surfer held his own. Mind you, I wouldn't hold that against Thanos, but just FYI. There's quite a few, of him beating Surfer though.
Anyway, since I consider Thanos a Skyfather leveller himself, around Zeus or Mangog, this fits in with where I place Tyrant. That's good. Not many people here consider him a skyfather.

Alright. The only thing I disagreed with is that he's above Skyfather level. Certainly in his original form, but not in the depowered one.
He was a high skyfather though.
Speaking of which, how powerful do you have to be, to be above a skyfather?

Eh, I don't see him grunting because he's attacking Gladiator. Looked to me more like the attack made him grunt. It's clearly because he's hitting Glads.
What does Huuungh mean anyway? Wouldn't it be like you just hit something hard?
But his mouth is open because he's striking Glads.

The other times, Tyrant knew Surfer was coming. This one was a sucker attack. And, that still desn't mean he hurt him.
Tyrant didn't even acknowledge his blast.
Since Ganymede also made him grunt, and it was stated that Surfer's power is greater than any of the othersShe made him scream though. And she hit him square in the head.
If, IF, Surfer did anything, it still didn't compare to what she did. Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
(which I would assume means his blasts are also greater than her staff), it's no stretch to assume the grunt was in response to Surfer' blast. Don't you make noises when you hit something.

Well, his mouth IS open. Looked to me like it caught him just as he was hitting Glads, where he was already leaning, and made him grunt.
His mouth is open because he's hitting Glads.

Odin damaged Thanos quite a bit in the end as well. That's because, that was after he pulled out Gungir.

I don't think that means he wanted to take them -- just that he knew he could withstand them without any significant harm.
Well, I think if he wanted to move, he could have.

Yeah, but I think this thread involves the depowered one from SS#80-82.
I have no idea. But I think he did say, it was a full power one. Maybe not.

Well, Namor has fought Surfer and Thor evenly before. He lacks versatility, but he's up there in raw power. He is to Marvel top tiers what Wonder Woman or Barda are to DC top tiers.
Namor, would do absolutely nothing to Tyrant.
Plus his hands, couldn't be compared to what Thor or Surfer could do.

Surtur, DC's Cronos, and Seth are actually above Zeus, IMO.
I was mostly talking about the ones in Marvel, that actually stated they were skyfathers.

Actually, Thor survived several of their blasts and kept fighting in Thor#300. It was weird.
Weird.

Yeah, but Gungir is part of his standard arsenal. I know, but the point is, all he did was slap Thanos before it.

Jimmy-Chan
There's quite a few, of him beating Surfer though.

Actually, AFAIK, they have 3 encounters:

1. Thanos does basically a hit and run with him right after his ressurection, around the 30's of Surfer's title. Surfer does say that Thanos' blasts made him feel more pain than anythign had before, but the fight was unconcluded. A bit later, Surfer unloads a big blast that turns Thanos' head, but otherwise he remains unharmed. Surfer is shocked and they stop fighting. Now, while this implies Thanos is much more powerful, he didn't actually defeat Surfer per se. I would say he owned Surfer, but he didn't actually get the win, IIRC.

2. The brief fight in SS#58, which was even and unconcluded.

3. The CPU fight, which you posted scans of.

That's good. Not many people here consider him a skyfather.

I think his record is pretty comparable to many Skyfather level beings. Actually, I'd say Thanos has HIGH-end Skyfather level durability. Thing is his strength and blasts are only low-mid Skyfather level, and he doesn't have the big, flashy one-shot powers that other Skyfather types have (Odin's banishment, imprisoning, depowering abililities and so on, Darkseid's OE plot-device stuff, Neron's soul attacks, etc.)

Thanos is more "physical" than most Skyfather level beings, but he's definitely up there when it comes to raw power. Actually, he does have some versatility, although he doesn't use it often.

He was a high skyfather though.

Agreed.

Speaking of which, how powerful do you have to be, to be above a skyfather?

Powerful enough to completely own top tier beings on a consistent basis is how I define Skyfather level. For instance, the ability to take their attacks to little to no effect on average, blasts or punches capable of KOing them in one or a few shots, etc.

In general, I define the level between Heralds and Skyfathers as consisting of people like Hela, The Infinity Man, Apocalypse (I know many people think he sucks, but I tend to have more respect for his feats than most), Pluto, Kurse, Agogg, Durok, Metron, pre-ressurection Thanos, The Asgardian Destroyer, Despero, H/P Doomsday, Morg w/ WOL, etc.

If you're a step above these guys in power, you're Skyfather level to me.

I consider Despero, Morg w/ WOL, H/P Doomsday, and pre-ressurection Thanos to basically be the highest team-basher types. Takion, Dr. Fate, Mangog, full Nova Force weilders, DC Ares, etc. are who I consider to be the lowest Skyfather-level beings.

It's clearly because he's hitting Glads.
What does Huuungh mean anyway? Wouldn't it be like you just hit something hard?
But his mouth is open because he's striking Glads.

I don't see how it could be because he's hitting Glads. Normal people occasionally grunt while throwing punches, but usually because they're tiring. Given Tyrant's stamina and the fact that he doesn't need to breathe, I doubt that's the reason for it. I mean, he doesn't grunt when he attacks anyone else. See the next panel -- he sure isn't grunting when he punches Surfer. I also have seen people say "Huuungh!" while being punched. I think it's clearly in response to Surfer's blast, but to each his own.

And, that still desn't mean he hurt him.
Tyrant didn't even acknowledge his blast.
She made him scream though. And she hit him square in the head.
If, IF, Surfer did anything, it still didn't compare to what she did. Don't you make noises when you hit something.

See above about the difference between Tyrant and humans. I really don't see the difference between Surfer's attack and Ganymede's. They both made him grunt, and he shrugged both of them off the panel afterward. The only difference is the "sound" of his grunt.

His mouth is open because he's hitting Glads.

Sure, but the grunt is because he's being blasted, IMO.

That's because, that was after he pulled out Gungir.

Gungir just channels his innate power. It's not like a special foreign object. When you compare someone's power to Odin's, what he does with Gungir has to be factored in.

Well, I think if he wanted to move, he could have.

Yes, but my point was that he didn't want to get blasted -- he just didn't think moving out of the way was worth the effort, given that he could take their attacks to little effect.

For a parallel, if a 9 year old kid tried to pick a fight with me, I'd probably grab his arms and immobilize him, then calm him down. In the process, I'm sure to take a few hits. Now, while I wouldn't want to take hits from the kid, moving out of the way wouldn't be worth the effort. It's take less effort to just take the hits, and grab his arms rather than dodging him until I found an opening.

Namor, would do absolutely nothing to Tyrant.
Plus his hands, couldn't be compared to what Thor or Surfer could do.

Namor's punches are almost as damaging as the average Surfer blast or Thor strike, IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.