USH'S GAME EPISODE III- 'ARTIFACT'. Light Side Area

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Coruscant, the Jedi Temple

It is the fourth month of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's 'reign'; four months since the crisis on Naboo and the death of Qui-Gon, and three months since the crisis on Damagran, and the attempt to corner the ex-Jedi Kuylen and his followers. Damagran will soon re-join the Republic, much as the bureaucracy slows the process; the vote will be held next week.

As for Kuylen and the others, there has been no word. They have vanished entirely, and with no official resources being spared to find them there is little hope of doing so. The Council remains resolute in their decision to leave Kuylen alone, maintaining their position that any attempt to track him down will involve hazards and dangers that outweigh the benefits that finding him will bing, especially as his powerbase is destroyed and he presents no immediate threat. An examination at the remnants of the site on Avalar show that any recovery of the archive there was minimal at best, and it is decided that no threat of learning significant numbers of hidden Lore exists.

There is a destroyed room at Avalar that confuses the Jedi for a while before yerssot confirms that it was a Map Room, with a databank that contained navigational data that showed the location of other Sith sites from the period. That data is now irretrivable due to the damage, which disappoints the scholars in the Order. But these same scholars say that there is no threat from Kuylen having recovered this data either. The Sith were a secretive bunch and the data would be hopelessly scrambled and impossible to use without the proper navigational aid; it is doubtful even the Order could have made sense of the maps.

And so no more is said about it. News of Kuylen soon fades amongst the infinite hustle and bustle and events of the Galaxy.

Meanwhile, all of you have been resting, recovering quickly from your wounds, taking slightly longer to become mentally rested. If any of you think that the Council should be defied and Kuylen found, it is a hopeless task; you have not the slightest idea where to look.

Phinney, Mah, Lance and Sieri (Julie), you are expecting to receive new missions soon; as valuable agents the Council can ill-afford to have you staying at the Temple, especially as demand on the Order is getting greater and greater.

Yerssot's future is uncertain. Recent events have left him unsure of many things and the Council is most concerned about what happened to him at Avalar. They are evaluating whether he can act on behalf of the Order any more.

Xeth, as the Council asked to hear your report, you have been taking the opportunity to visit the Temple again. Your employers are pleased with what you found out about Shareth, though trying to build a case against her seems impossible. They are interested in this Kuylen angle' as an agent of Shareth;s he may know much. They will get back to you if they hear anything, or if the stolen droids resurface (Shareth still has many more, you know).

Gundy, you'd be surprised if you were offered a mission, seeing as you were in semi-retirement, teaching at the Temple, before you had that vision about Avalar that brought you on this crazy roller-coaster ride in the first place. Mind you, who knows? If demand on the Order is so great you may be needed and you have proven that you are hardly over the hill.

You are, in fact, sleeping in the afternoon one day when there is a vigorous knock on your door. Blearily you answer it, and you are surprised to see the blue colours of Senatorial Guards in front of you. You blink. In fact, the lead man here is the Commander of the Senatorial Guards!

"Master Kellan Gundark?" he asks. "Would you care to accompany me?"

The rest of you are being attended by less high-ranking guards who are also asking for your attention.

Bespin Bart
Xeth pilots his Geonasian starfighter into the atmosphere of Coruscant. He soars over the many places that he has not seen for about a month, being busy with his own affairs on Taloraan. The Skydome Botanical Gardens, Holographic Zoo for Extinct Animals, Monument Park, Monument Plaza, and more places that he knew and liked to visit from time to time.

Finally he approached the Jedi Temple, and flies into the hangar. The Nexu's Grin lands and the engines power down. He picks up his dark green robes and gathers them around him, and walks off of the ship. R3-U9, his astromech droid, is lifted from his socket next to the cockpit bubble on the fighter and placed on the ground.

Ushgarak
I assume that it will be at this point that the guard approaches you, Xeth.

phinney6
"i wonder what this is all about" phinney says to himself

Bespin Bart
Xeth sees the guard and he comes up to him. "Hello there, I'm Jedi Knight Xeth Tam. What is that you seek of me?" asks Xeth, sensing the man's thoughts.

Ushgarak
The guard simply wishes you to accompany him to the Galactic Senate.

Bespin Bart
"I'll be right there, hold on," Xeth says and turns to R3. "R3, you stay here and repair the damage from that run in with those bounty hunters on Ord Mantell." R3 beeps and goes back into the ship.

LanceWindu
Lance was pacing about in his quarters when the door chime went off.

He walks over to the door and thumbs the keypad to unlock it.

The door opens swiftly and near quietly.

What Lance sees in front of him is a magnificantly dressed man, in blue robes and blue plassteel helmet.

"What can I do for?" He asks.

mah
Mah follows the requests of the guard

Ushgarak
The guard nods, respectfully, Lance, and you are also asked if you would accopmpany him to the Senate.

(Kind of waiting for Gundy here...)

LanceWindu
Lance nods his head to the lead guard to let him know he is ready to go.

The guards start to walk off with Lance falling into the middle.

The guards flanking him on every side.

Gundark
Sorry for the delay...

"Of course, Commander," Kellan answered, shrugging on her robe and trying to shake the last vestiges of sleep from her thoughts. "Is there a problem ?"

Ushgarak
"No problem, Master Gundark," says the Commander.

You are all of you re-united and led to a medium-sized air transport, parked at the pad that serves the Temple. You are ushered aboard and take off to head towards the Senate.

LanceWindu
Lance leans over in his seat towards Master Gundark.

In a hushed tone, "I wonder what the purpose of all of this is. The last time all of us were gathered like this something big was happening."

Gundark
"Patience, Lance," she told him with a smile. "We'll find out soon enough."

LanceWindu
Lance leans back into his chair with a slight laugh.

"Yes Master."

Julie
Sieri had been meditating by the indoor waterfall of the Jedi Temple, when she noticed the guard's hesitant approach.

She stood up slowly. "Can I help you, sir?" she asks the man.

Ushgarak
The transport takes you all to the Senate building, where the guards usher you out and into the corridors. You seem to be being led up quite high.

And then, after a few minutes, you are at your destination. The Commander stands outside the room, the doors open, and he ushers you inside. Where you are confronted by the wide office and large table that belongs to the Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine. Which is unsurprising as it his office. He is looking out of the window but when you enter he turns around and a wide, friendly smile opens up on his face.

"Master Gundark!" he says. "I have heard SO much about you. About ALL of you!" He walks over and shakes your hand warmly, and repeats the gesture for you all.

Julie
Sieri smiles pleasantly as she looks upon the kindly, weathered face of the Supreme Chancellor.
What has he heard about us? and what does the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic want with Jedi? she wonders to herself.

Ushgarak
"Please, please all sit..." he says, amiably, as he shuffles back to his chair. As seen in AOTC, there are several chairs facing him.

LanceWindu
Lance looks behind himself for a quick second to make sure a chair is behind him.

Then he sits in the one nearest to him.

He sits and adjusts his lightsaber to sit at his side so it doesn't dangle off of the chair.

Once that is completed Lance sits patiently with his ears ready to listen to whatever this great Chancellor has to say.

Gundark
"Good to see you again Supreme Chancellor," Gundark said, returning his greeting as she sat down. "How may we be of service ?"

Julie
Sieri calmly takes her seat and waits.

Ushgarak
"Well, first of all, of course, I have to thank ALL of you for what you did on Damagran. First Minister Verlaine was very communicable to us all because of the rapport you established with him. As you know, it was very important to me personally that not one part of the Republic give way, even in these... difficult times. I was saddened to hear about Argentis, of course... but I read your report, there was little to be done."

Ushgarak
The Emper... ahem... The Supreme Chancellor seems to be waiting for some sort of comment form you guys, btw.

phinney6
"escuse me Palpintine, but I was under the impression that we were not going to hear any more about this situation?" "is something wrong?"

Ushgarak
"Ah yes, young Phinneas... I did hear the decision of the Council, of course. I was liasing closely with them during the whole situation. Tell me... what did you think of the Council's decision? Be not afraid to speak, I only wish to hear opinions."

phinney6
" I believe that this should be followed up on "

Ushgarak
"I see..." says the Chancellor. "And the rest of you? What do you make of this fellow 'Kuylen' now he has eluded our efforts to bring him to justice?"

Bespin Bart
"I believe that Kuylen and his followers should be hunted and brought to justice," he says rather un-Jedi like. "I...uh...tried to hunt them myself to no avail. No one has seen or heard from them for the past three months!" Xeth continues. "The Minister of Taloraan is busy with his debates with Shareth the Hutt, so he hasn't sent anyone to look for them. Also he fears that the Dark-siders will come after him if he goes after them."

Xeth seats himself in a chair next to Lance. "Why would you be so interested in our opinions, Chancellor? After all, the Council has said that the subject has been laid to rest. I, of course, am sort of a Renegade, so I go by the Council very little."

mah
''We have to follow the Council of course, so what point does this questioning have?''

Gundark
"Perhaps you are unaware, Chancellor, that I had engaged in a sabre duel with Kuylen on a mission prior to the one on Damagram. I was fortunate to have come away with my life." She leaned forward in her chair and looked straight at the man behind the desk. "His power is stronger than I or any of my comrades could have even guessed at. I was very specific about this in my report to Master Windu." It appeared she had the floor at the moment, so she continued. "The Jedi are spread thin enough as it is. To expend our depleted energies in a vain attempt to locate, let alone engage or destroy Kuylen would be a waste. A foolish endeavor at best. These continuing separtist movements evolving across the galaxy are taxing every resource the Jedi Order utilizes in order to keep the peace in the Republic." She gazed around the room at the rest of the group. "I shall abide by the Council's decision as is my duty."

phinney6
" hmm i didn't think of that master "Gundy

Ushgarak
"Yes, yes, I see..." says Palpatine. "And far be it from me, of course, to disagree with the wisdom of the Council but there are in fact some other circumstances here that you should be ware of. First of all, of course, the Council's concern is, as you say, Master Gundark, the difficulty in tracing Kuylen and the danger involved. Of course, were we to actually KNOW where Kuylen is, that danger would be avoided, yes?"

He leaves that one hanging rather tantalisingly, before moving on.

"But I will return to that in a moment. First, I have something of seriousness to tell you all. You are aware, of course, of the recent crisis on Naboo and the sad death of Master Qui-Gon Jinn, yes? But tell me... are any of you aware HOW he died?"

mah
( I guess we're not, so)
''No, not really'' answered Mah

LanceWindu
Lance finally speaks up, "No we don't. The council has kept that information behind closed doors. If they wanted us to know about it they would tell us directly."

Gundark
"Obi-Wan said that neither he nor Qui-Gon had sensed the presence of their attacker prior to the confrontation. His identify remains unknown," Gundark explained.

phinney6
"Yes I chatted with Ob1 right before we went on the mission, the attacker was unusual"

Ushgarak
"Yes, yes, of course..." says Palpatine. "Though I understand rumours have been spreading, which is why I asked.

"Well, it appears that shortly before his death, Qui-Gon reported an encounter with a being he said was 'well-trained in the Jedi arts.' As this being was never a Jedi, his only conclusion was that it was... a Sith."

A cold chill passes over you.

"The Council were sceptical at first but it was this Sith that Qui-Gon met again on Naboo, and this Sith who killed him before his apprentice Obi-Wan managed to catch it off-guard and destroy it, for which we may all be thankful. After this fight the Council became convinced indeed that this was a Sith and that this great evil has returned. I am sure you can appreciate why they have not let this information slip.

"Now, Master Yoda tells me that the only way the Sith can exist in these modern ages if there are only two... a Master and an Apprentice. The difficulty was in working out which one was dead, but to my mind it is simple. Qui-Go reported before his death that this Darth... um... ah..."

One of Palpatine's aides whispers in his ear.

"Ah yes! This Darth 'Maul' was a being at the height of its powers and quite lethal. It seems reasonable to assume, therefore, that the being that could best one of our greatest Masters in a straight fight must have been the Master itself. In which case, we have an opportunity, for the hunt is on for the Apprentice. If he can be caught and killed then this new Sith threat will be stopped in its tracks

"Do any of you see where I am leading?

Bespin Bart
"I do. You think that Kuylen could possibly be the Apprentice to Darth Maul, seeing that he is more powerful than we imagined. But where did you find the name Maul? I heard some rumors that the Jedi Council nor Obi-Wan Kenobi himself knew the name of the attacker." Xeth waits for a reply from the Chancellor.

LanceWindu
(He got you there Ush)

Bespin Bart
(I'm good aren't I? cool )

"Not even Master Gundark here knew the name."

Gundark
Gundark remained silent, studying the aide who had whispered in the Chancellor's ear.

Ushgarak
First of all, none of you know the slightest thing about the Naboo incident and you have no reason to question the Supreme Chancellor's use of the name.

Secondly, Maul was ON Naboo and the Viceroys referred to him by name, having been told it by Sidious. Even the most casual of investigations would have discovered the name. I have no idea why you think Gundark warrants an 'even', as she had no more to do with it then any of the rest of you.

Technically, it is ridiculous that the Jedi don't know the name Sidious, seeing as there are a bridge full of witnesses that heard the name. But Sidious, at least, kept out of things; Maul was right in there and if they discovered enough to know it was a Sith they certainly would have gotten the name.

And thirdly, if I have to, I'll just throw in an EU source that would trace the name because some of the stuff out there written about Maul makes the name easy to trace.

You'll have to do better than that, sonny Jim. Anyway:

"Well," says Palpatine, "it does seem to me to be the most obvious conclusion. We have this formidable swordsman who fakes his own death, appearing to disappear from the Galaxy. And then just after the incident in Naboo, he appears again, trying to uncover lost Sith lore- the exact things that his Master would be unable now to teach him. And who else but the Sith would know the location of their ancient archive? And we also have a gang of followers for Kuylen, arguing and competing with each other. Because, of course, only one of them can finally survive..." Palpatine looks thoughtful. "Or maybe this is just coincidence and Kuylen is just a murderous cur. Either way, if he turns up in Republic space at any point he must be stopped, so the truth may at least be ascertained.

"Now, one of the... advantages of being Supreme Chancellor is that one hears many, many things from many parts of the Galaxy. And it is from these sources that it has become apparent to me that Kuylen has just arrived on... Malastare..."

Gundark
"I would assume, of course, that your source is a reliable one ?"

Ushgarak
"Oh, totally, totally," says Palpatine. "He may be mistaken but I wouldn't lose the opportunity.

"One of the OTHER benefits of being Chancellor is the certain amount of rights and privileges one is granted, one of which I choose to exercise now. As you know, I was a great admirer of my predecessor, Valorum. A shame he had to be voted out of office the way he did. There are many who called him indecisive but this is unfair. The situation on Naboo would never have been resolved had Valorum not used his executive powers to secretly send Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to Naboo, ostensibly to force a settlement, but as you all now know they found far more. But it is this secret use of Jedi that appealed to me as a way to proceed in the current situation. I have decided to follow this tradition. So I am delighted to offer all of you the opportunity to act in my name to go to Malastare and hunt down Kuylen, in force. I have, of course, discussed the matter with the Council who are happy for you to proceed so long as my information is correct."

He sits back with a smile.

Gundark
Gundark digested this. Kellan...you might get a chance to settle the score with Kuylen after that last duel.... Losing that battle to the Dark Jedi was a sore spot to be sure. But revenge was not the way of...dammit Kellan, if the Council has concurred with the Supreme Chancellor, what more do you need? Something didn't feel right, yet she could not put her finger on anything TRULY wrong against bringing Kuylen to justice. Especially since Kuylen's hands technically had Qui-Gon's blood upon them. The thought of Qui-Gon brought her to her feet. "With the approval of the Council already secured, Supreme Chancellor, I will certainly abide by your request to go to Malastare to find Kuylen. I'm sure my fellow Jedi here will follow any orders dictated by emergency powers, of course."

Ushgarak
"Excellent!" says Palpatine. "It is, of course, important to proceed with the great speed and vigour I have come to expect from you people. Kuylen is unlikely to stay on Malastare for long and should he flee the Council's original objections will, of course, apply again, and I cannot always guarantee that my contacts will find more useful information...

"The authorities on Malastare will know of your presence but not of your missiom, except one. One of the Prefects will know both of the nature and seriousness of your mission, and the importance of keeping it quiet. He will offer you full assistance in this matter.

"Obviosuly, of course, once you find Kuylen this will be a combat mission but until then it will be an investigation. I am afraid that even with my authority behind you you must act within the law to find Kuylen!" he says, with another smile. "But I am sure your skills will uncover him quickly. After all, he must have a VERY good reason to come to a major Republican world. Find the reason, and you find the man!

"Do you have any questions? I am, of course, only too happy to help."

Gundark
"Has transportation been arranged ?"

Bespin Bart
"Transportation is not a problem for me. I can take 2 passengers on my starfighter, since I've upgraded it and such," Xeth says.

Ushgarak
"You can make your way to Malastare any way you like!" says Palpatine. "The Order will provide a ship if you need one, I am sure."

Bespin Bart
"I'm sure they will, I'm sure they will..." Xeth says, wanting to even the score with Kuylen for causing Xeth to fail his first mandate since he left the Temple.

LanceWindu
"My ship is of sufficient size to carry us all. It's fast too." Lance says.

Gundark
"That will be fine, Lance" Gundark told him. "Xeth, you can join us or take your ship, whichever you prefer." She stepped toward Palpatine and bowed her head slightly. "Are we to be meeting the Prefect on arrival ?"

Ushgarak
"Yes, indeed," says Palpatine. "The authorities on Malastare should handle all of that. Well, if that is all?" inquires Palpatine.

Gundark
"Then we'll be on our way," she answered. "It is an honor to continue to serve the Republic."

Ushgarak
"And I have no doubt that all of you will continue to serve it well, just as I strive to do so in my own way, best I can..." Palpatine stands.

"Well, it has been a delight meeting all of you!" he says. "We can provide you transport back to the Temple."

LanceWindu
Lance stands and bows, "Thank you Chancellor."

Gundark
Gundark turned and left the Chancellor's office with the rest of the group.

LanceWindu
"So Master are we to get back to the Temple and pick up our gear?" Lance asked.

phinney6
"gundy i have all of my eqiupment packed and ready"

Ushgarak
Okidokey, people can gather all their stuff together before this trip. If anyone wants to do something special before you leave, please say so, otherwise you guys will take off in a moment.

mah
Mah packs his stuff and gets ready

phinney6
*phinney starts to get on ship* "hmm i hope this mission does not take long

Bespin Bart
Xeth returns to his starfighter and has R3-U9 put back in the astromech droid slot next to the cockpit. He puts on his Geonasian armor and his robes under that. He holsters his sonic blaster and blaster pistol. He recharges his lightsaber for a second and puts it on his belt. He packs his belongings into his quarters in the Temple for safe keeping, incase his fighter should be destroyed.

Ushgarak
Ok, so is everyone on Lance's ship except for Xeth who is on his own?

Xeth, there is a message from your government employers for you. Apparently, the Supreme Chancellor's office has contacted them and told them of your mission. They approve and are happy for you to go with it- and ask that you take advantage of the opportunity to investigate Kuylen to also investigate any more ties that exist with the Hutts. More evidence is still needed for the legal case you are trying to build.

Bespin Bart
"R3, be ready for take off!" he calls up top. He then sends a hologram to the Prime Minister of Taloraan. "Hello Prime Minister, I received your message. I will be on the look out for ties with Shareth, although my mission is primarily about ex-Jedi Kuylen. I will contact you if I find anything valuable against Shareth."

Ushgarak
Then departure is swift and efficient. Acting on the personal authority of the Supreme Chancellor means you are unlikely to get much hassle from traffic control.

The solid metroplis of Coruscant fades from its close-up ugliness to a beautiful network of lights as you slip away from its orbit. Pre-programmed, your ships enter hyperspace the moment you escape the gravity well.

It will be a shorter trip than it was to Damogran, and in well-used space lanes as well. You can be considering what sort of tactics you will use on your arrival at Malastare... and while you are doing that I will create a new thread for you guys to look at, to help guide and focus your investigation.

Bespin Bart
Xeth sits back in his seat and watches a short hologram of his ex-mentor, Master Numok Geth. Master Geth had given him the hologram when he first began training at the Temple. "I am Master Numok Geth, a Jedi Master of the Jedi Order. I discovered Xeth Tam on Geonasis in the Clikitikik-Mai Hive. He is talented in the Force, such as I am. I have a green saber, and I hope he will have a color somewhat like it. He is good with Force jump as I have seen in his training. I hope to take him as my Padawan Learner when the time comes."

phinney6
"well i am going to go meditate now"

LanceWindu
"Sounds good." Lance said from his pilot's seat, "I'm going to just sit here though. It's only going to be a short trip."

Bespin Bart
Xeth gets his comlink from his belt and talks to Lance. "How many lightyears is the trip?"

Ushgarak
(Um... eleventy... maybe...).

You are about a third of the way into your journey when your comms units pick up a distress call.

LanceWindu
What's the distress call saying?

Ushgarak
It's recorded, and being repeated.

"This is the civilian liner Coruscant Star to any ship in this sector. We have been boarded by pirates and need immediate assistance. Our security forces are being overwhelmed. The bridge is under threat.

Repeat, this is the civilian liner Coruscant Star..."

Gundark
Gundark leaned over Lance's shoulder. "Get their coordinates and divert our course immediately," she told him.

"Xeth, are you there ?" she asked, flicking the com switch.

phinney6
Phinney suddenly jolts up from his meditation. "I saw something threating and terrible"

Julie
Sieri suddenly sits up straighter in her seat. After sitting for hours the though ofdoing something is exciting....She quickly quells her excitement and sets her mind to the task of readying herself for whatever comes next. "I have a nagging feeling that we're heading into trouble." she points out deadpan

Bespin Bart
"Yes, I'm on it Master Gundark," Xeth says. "Pulling out of hyperspace." Xeth pulls on the hyperspace lever and pushes buttons the Nexu's Grin pulls out of hyperspace. "Coruscant Star, where are you?" he asks. He looks on his scanners for the ship.

Ushgarak
Ah- Julie's ship makes three. Gotcha.

You are diverting now and will be there within moments. Xeth, you are the one who has had the most experience with this sort of thing, in your time tracking the Hutts, and this makes little sense to you. Pirates? In the space lane between Coruscant and Malastare? This isn't the Outer Rim, what is going on?

LanceWindu
Lance pulls the Freelancer out of hyperspace and does a quick scan.

He gets on the ship to ship comm, "Xeth I have the coordinates, just follow me."

Lance then takes his ship towards the Corucant Star.

Bespin Bart
"I've found them," says Xeth. "What the hell are pirates doing in Republic space? If I were a pirate I wouldn't be caught out here in the space lanes between Coruscant and Malastare!" Xeth puts the pedal to the metal and the starfighter shoots forwards, towards the Coruscant Star. "Coruscant Star, we'll be there in a moment," he says over the comlink. The Star comes into view.

Ushgarak
The Coruscant Star is a large, silvery ship that is a smooth, boomerang shape, with the point facing forwards. It flies vertically. It's a civilan luxury liner and so not well armed.

The blocky form of the far less beautiful, but more deadly, pirate ship is attached to the side. The pirate ship is well-shielded and could prove impossible to engage directly, and certainly impossible to baord. Boarding the liner would be more practical, though it would be a surprise if the docking bays were not defended.

There are also escorting pirate fighters. Speed is of the essence.

Bespin Bart
"Lance, I'll take the fighters, you board the Coruscant Star," Xeth says. He hits full throttle and zooms towards the fighters. He aims at one pirate starfighter, and opens fire. The purple lasers fly at the enemy ship.

Gundark
"Lets hope the pirates haven't reached the bridge yet," Gundark told Lance. She spoke into the com again. "Coruscant Star, this is Jedi Master Kellan Gundark. Do you copy ?"

Ushgarak
You're getting no response there, Gundy.

Xeth, these fighters are DAMN nippy, though without much punch.

Gundark
The com answered her with static. Thats not good.... she thought. Gundark switched channels. "Xeth, we need to get rid of those fighters," she told him with growing urgency. "Lance, manuever to that portside docking bay there," she said, pointing out the viewport.

LanceWindu
Lance zoomed in and manuevered with great speed, knowing time was of the essence, but also with great care. Lance then pulled right into the docking bay.

Ushgarak
Whoa! Looks like the pirates have a couple of field pieces in the docking bay, Lance! Heavy shots thud into your shields as the emplaced cannons fire.

LanceWindu
Lance yells behind his back to anyone in earshot.

"Get to the laser cannons! We're going to take those things out."

Lance then pulls out of the docking bay and begins a backwards turn to get the laser cannons into a direct line for them to fire.

Man I'm glad I installed those cannons. Otherwise we'd be sitting ducks.

Gundark
"Xeth, anytime you're finished chasing those fighters...we've got heavy artillery placements in the starboard bay."

Ushgarak
Your rear deflector screens are buckling there, Lance...

Gundark
"Swing her around, Lance. Divert power to the forward shields," Gundark told him, taking over the weapons control and firing at one of the laser cannons, hoping to disable it and not the Coruscant Star.....

Ushgarak
You might wreck the landing bay, which would not be good, but disabling the Coruscant Star would take a whole lot more than one laser cannon!

Your bolts zoom out and explode inside the bay, the explosion obscuring the view...

You aren't sure what you are hitting. It's been a while since you had any gunnery practice, Gundy. It's not something Matsers are expected to keep sharp at...

Gundark
Gundark squinted past the blast. "Dammit, Xeth, where are you ?"

Bespin Bart
Xeth spins around and fires at some more pirate ships. BOOM! He hits one and his collides with another. FZZT!!! A pirate ship is hit by his lasers and disabled. He fires lasers rapidly, destroying the fighters.

Ushgarak
You're not THAT good a pilot, Xeth! You're a Freelancer, not a Ronin... and that collision has put your systems out of whack! You are currently in a bit of a spin.

Bespin Bart
Xeth starts fiddling with the controls quickly, trying to get the ship out of it's spin. He then heads for the Coruscant Star.

Gundark
Gundark flicked the com switch again, irritably. "Coruscant Star, this is Jedi Master Kellan Gundark, do you copy ?" Static. "Please acknowledge."

Ushgarak
Nothing. Seems the bridge is dead as a dodo, Gundy.

You are clear for your run, Xeth.

phinney6
"Lance how is the condition of the coruscant star"

LanceWindu
After Lance had whipped the Freelancer around and diverted shield power he has a chance to answer Phinney.

"From what I see it's fully intact. I can't tell you about the inside.

Gundark
Gundark gave up on the com channel. Probably the only way to get to the bridge now is with a lightsabre... She noted Xeth's ship coming round again.

Ushgarak
Ok, if Lance is away you can command for him, Gundy.

How many people are attmepting a docking bay landing, and is there a plan?

mah
how do you mean 'how many people are attempting a docking bay landing'? we only have two ships, do we not?

Ushgarak
No, three. And I need confirmation from those that control each.

mah
oh ok

Gundark
Lance hasn't left for vacation yet. I can wait a bit to see if he posts. But we're definately attempting a landing.

LanceWindu
Yeah we're going to try to land.

Ushgarak
Ok, Lance, you're going on... still on the guns, Gundy?

phinney6
i hope we have a warm welcome"

Gundark
Yes Ush - I'm at the guns.

LanceWindu
"I very much doubt that Phinney."

Ushgarak
Ok then, seems Lance is going in alone...

You rush your ship in, Gundy trying to take shots as best she can, though you have absolutely no room far manoeuvre in here.

There are heavy THUMPS as shots thud into your shields, and then alarms sounding from all around as your armour buckles. At one point, your stablisers give out and the ship drops down to the ground with a jarring impact that nearly concusses you all.

All is now silent... you THINK you got your men, Gundy...

Gundark
Gundark drew her lightsabre with one hand, the other just above the hatch switch. "Everybody ready ?"

LanceWindu
Lance pulled his lightsaber out of his tunic and robes.

He put his thumb on the activation plate. Ready for anything unexpected.

"Ready here." Lance said right before looking to the faces of the other Jedi Knight in his ship.

mah
''I'm ready, Master'' Mah ignited his lightsabre

phinney6
Im ready

Ushgarak
Ok, folks, there are six hostiles remaining in the landing bay...

And at this point, we welcome Gabriel, as played by Pinky! As I have told him by PM, he is a passenger on this ship, headed to Malastare on private business. Then it got hijacked, shortly after which he was sealed in his room.

Gabriel, at this point you have managed to sneak over to the passenger cargo area and retrieve your weapons, which you weren't allowed to carry in flight. With sabre in hand you feel better able to do something about these damn pirates- but there are a LOT of them. Any idea where you are heading?

Pinky
Gabriel is happy to have a grip on his saber again, especially when he needs it.
He thinks of a way to dispose the pirates, unaware of the coming help.
Deciding he may not be able to take them all he swiftly opens his sabre and heads for the main deck.He might be able to draw some attention there by a S.O.S.
With some luck he'll meet some survivors on the way that might help him.

Ushgarak
Ok, the comms room is in the crew quarters, Pinky, which is well defended. Probably the least defended area is the passenger areas, too large to guard, and with all the passangers sealed in anyway (though you escaped thriugh the vents).

Pinky
Gabriel' s mind is still on the comm chamber....one of his only ways to get outta here alive.Then he gets this crazy idea : what if he would use the ventilation system to reach the comms undetected.There he could get in the comm and kill anyone there(can't be too many can they?) that might try to stop him and finally send the S.O.S.

(Ush does my character has jedi mind trick?)

phinney6
"lets take cover"

Ushgarak
(Cover a good idea, Phin, but I will need to know what the others are doing...)

Pinky... you're not very good at it, to be honest.

Unfortunately, various systems and obstructions in the vent system make getting between sections of the ship via vent impossible, so you will have to get to the crew quarters first.

LanceWindu
"Good Idea Phin."

Lance had thumbed his lightsaber on at the moment the hatch opened on his ship.

Lance sees a crate nearby.

"Phinney, see that crate?" He asks while pointing to the crate. "Get over there. We'll cover you."

To everybody: "Once Phinney gets to the crate I want one of you guys to go next. We'll do this until we are all over there. Once we're covered then we can take the offensive."

mah
''Good plan, I'll follow after Phinney''

Julie
OOC: umm what is the name of my ship again?... just happened to forget the name somewhere....*sheepish grin*

Sieri: "Master Gundark, sorry I got a little hung up back there for awhile. What are my orders? These little fighters are more like flitters but they're still dangerous in large numbers."

Pinky
(I know Ush it's just that I'm in quite a difficult situation embarrasment )
Anyway I'm still heading for the comms!

Ushgarak
Crumbs, that's your responsbility, Julie! Until further notice I will call it the Juliemobile.

Okidokey, you Jedi guys... Phinney and Mah have both gotten across, but it's now apparent that they have an emplaced repeater laser there which one of the dazed pirates has gotten behind, laying down a very heavy field of fire that makes it hard to go further.

Gabriel, first thing you come across are two rifle-armed pirates guarding this section entrance to the crew quarters.

Pinky
Gabriel quickly hides behind a corner before the guards could see him.He understands that he must not make any noise or it may attract more pirates. He closes his sabre and hides it in his tunic ,though his hand is still on the handle.Then he lays down behind that corner and starts saying with a shaky voice:"Help I'm wounded...".Maybe this way he would attract the attention of one of the guards.

Julie
OOC: well fine then wink I'll just name my ship Light Chaser...it is a smallish Corellian freighter....sort of like the ship in TPM...it is painted blue with white near the front

ICmessedieri banks Light Chaser to the left so that she can see the battle from a different angle.

Ushgarak
Well, Pinky, the guards ARE approaching to see what the noise is...

Julie, Xeth is currently locked in a frustrating fight with the escorts- too light to damage him much but too nippy to hit. However, he is keeping them all away from the Lance's ship in the docking bay.

Pinky
Gabriel hoped that only one guard will approach.But how both of them are approaching he has a little change of plans.He waits he can hear their steps really close.Then he gets up ,opens his sabre and takes out his trusty blaster pistol.Right when the guards are ready to reach the corner he jumps in their front of them.Using his fast movement power(i don't really remember how it's called) he quickly shots one of them with the blaster pistol and cuts the other one with the saber.
"That's it the way it's clear.So far so good!"Gabriel says to himself.

(Important question Ush:Are the pirates humans or of other race or both?)

Ushgarak
Gosh, you hate to admit it, but there is nothing quite as satisfying as a well-won fight, Gabriel...

The pirates are all human, btw.

Pinky
Gabriel follows his plan to get to the comms!So he quickly gets dressed in one of the pirates uniforms!That way he'll get more easily in the crew quarters avoiding unwanted fights.
"Ok ,let's go!May the force be with me!" he thinks.And he enters the door to the comms.

Ushgarak
Problem, Pinky. This room has been completely smashed to prevent signals being sent.

But the computer log does show than an automated distress call was sent. And it has also been answered! Sadly, the equipment is too smashed to replay the answer.

Pinky
Gabriel is happy and yet worried at the same time.He is happy a distress call has been sent yet he is worried by who might have received this SOS!
Anyway now he has his mind on getting out of here alive.Then he figures it out.His only chance of getting outta here alive is the docking bay.There with some luck he might find a docked pirate ship or even maybe a shuttle.
Gabriel firmly heads to the dockin bay!

Ushgarak
Right, that means heading towards the right 'wing' of the ship. Any plans on how to get there?

Pinky
Well I'm still dressed as a pirate.Is that wing sealed off from this part of the ship?

Ushgarak
Not as far as you know, though it will most likely be guarded.

Pinky
Gabriel sets off for the dockin bay.He will try to get there by crossing through the areas which are least likely to be defended even if this means it will take more time."Better safe than sorry" he thinks.

Julie
Sieri takes Light Chaser and charges into the fray. She takes a second to hit the comm button "Chaser here, I'm coming in right on top of you, Xeth...so no hard flips...got it." She maneuvers her ship above and past Xeth's. These fighters are more like flitters. she thinks.
Light Chaser has fairly decent weaponry and is very maneuverable for a freighter. Sieri sets her sights on one of the "flitters" and then aims to the far right of the ship....she waits. Using the force to clear her mind, Sieri concentrates and fires....

Ushgarak
(Can we have the cool lock-on technology? I was very happy to see that back in AOTC...)

BOOM! Piloting is certainly one of your many talents, Julie.

Looks like those fighters have had enough with both of you onto them. They are retreating to their ship.

Pinky, as you draw near the docking section you can hear shots being fired.

Pinky
Gabriel ignites his sabre and slowly approches the dockin bay.
"What is that all about?" he wonders."Well i guess I'm gonna find out soon..."

phinney6
"hey lance get over here i will cover you

Julie
Sieri: " uh lance, I'd listen to him if I were you. I've got your back. Those flitters may be gone for now but they could come back at any time."

Ushgarak
Pinky, you enter the bay, where six pirates, one of which has a heavy repeater, are blasting away at people trying to leave their ship and enter the docking bay.

Phinney, you can see the man who must be the pirate leader- and to make things worse, he's got a lightsabre! Who ARE these guys?

Pinky
Gabriel takes a quick look at the jedis that are attacked by the heavy repeater pirate."They must be the people that got the SOS!" he thinks.
Advantaged by the fact that he is wearing a pirate uniform and the other pirates are shooting at the jedis Gabriel goes a bit closer near the repeater guy and fastly cuts him with the saber then he rapidly takes out his blaster and starts shooting fast and repeatedly at the other pirates while he is taking cover behind a crate.

Ushgarak
Meanwhile, back on Coruscant...

Renowned but somewhat ageing swordmaster Marcus (Fire) is following up the tail end of his investigation into increased pirare activity on the Outer Rim. Having discovered that a pirate clan called the 'Red Lance' seems to be involved in big plans, but unable to find out what, he has returned to the Temple to find out more, after finding out that a group of Jedi encountered the Red Lance at their base some three months ago.

Marcus is on hs way to see Trorn, representative to the Jedi Council, who should be able to fill him in with some useful information...

To your surprise, Marcus, there is already a Master waiting in the office with Trorn, a famed man friom the past named Grevor Scovione.

Fire
"master trorn and... master grevor if I am not mistaking, I did not expect you to be here, but I am grateful to have ur guidness for these problems. even though it worries me that a man with your experience would be needed for this matter, it must be more serious then I thought. But let me no longer keep you two gentilmen from filling me in" I am at the will of both the council and the force

*bows to both gentil men*

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>