Jack betraying Will...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
I was thinking about the fact that Jack supposedly betrays Will in movie two, and there is no way we can continue to look at it that way.

At this point in the film, Jack had more information than anyone else (as usual).

He had already met up with Bootstrap- he knew Bootstrap was alive. He also knew that Will was interested in his father, as Will was obsessed with him in movie 1. Jack knew Bootstrap was aboard the Dutchman. Part of his plan PROBABLY involved them being reunited, though under adverse circumstances for a few days.

This also may have been to win Bootstrap's help... Jack and him appeared to be friends, and perhaps Jack wanted to prove to his old friend that his life wasn't completely meaningless by introducing him to his grown up son.

Jack also proves with this that he TRUSTED Will to some degree- because he knew Will had a shot of getting the key, whereas Jones was too suspicious of JACK for him to try for it.

PLUS, Jack had a plan to save him, anyways. He had no real intention of harvesting 100 souls, that was just a back-up plan until he found someone who could use the compass to find the chest. Because with the chest, he could bargain for Will back and for Davy to call the beast off him. If they also had the key at this point, so much the better. He wasn't just going to leave Will on that boat forever. He probably would have included Boostrap in the bargain.

All this to say, there has been a lot of talk like, Oh I cant believe Jack would do that to Will, Liz was punishing him, etc.... and none of that really matches what was actually going on! smile

Jack has a true honest streak (which was mentioned a lot more frequently in the original script we just found) and even though he pokes fun at Will, he obviously would risk quite a bit (though not everything) for him...

ivebeendepped43
Yeah, Jack is sweet like that. thats really good.

lovethemtigers
Oh, I most definitely Agree...I really have never thought that Jack would so cold-heartedly turn Will over to Davy...Jack always has a plan, sometimes his plan may get a little twisted, or get out of hand...but in the end, Jack's intentions are always honorable...I have felt that way for a long time but didn't know how to express it...thank you, Kate...this is wonderful...I honetly believe that Jack knew once they had the chest...he could use it as "leverage" to get Will back..and he did not want to really hand over the 99 souls...he is not so callous...he wouldn't transport Slaves for Beckett...he's not going to trade innocent people to Davy Jones' locker...it was just a way to buy time...Jack is so clever and wonderful...he is the smartest man in the Caribbean, no doubt...

ivebeendepped43
yeah, Jack always means well, even if it doesnt turn out to plan

katelovespirate
Yeah exactly. Plus listening to what the writers have said about Jack (he is always 10 steps ahead of everyone else) this is much more consistent with Jacks character, his hotness, his honest streak, the fact that he really wanted to prove Liz right about him being a good man... wink

ivebeendepped43
aaawwwwww he is so SWEET! i love him to pieces!!

katelovespirate
and he's just so smart.

part of me wonders why he doesn't just tell Liz everything... like explain, listen Will's dad was aboard the flying dutchman and Will is having a side-trip to be reunited with him, I need to find the chest not only to save Will but to save my own life... what do you think?

I dont think Liz would have been mad, when she found out about Will's dad and stuff. lol.

oh LOL i am just watching CNN for news, and its doing this thing of the amazing computer animation in DMC!!!

lovethemtigers
Well, you know Jack..he doesn't want to let his guard down...he is good, but he doesn't want to show people that side of him...even Elizabeth...although in the end he does show that side of himself to Liz....isn't it amazing that even facing death he still had that beautiful smirk on his face, he was so proud of Liz, she proved she was a Pirate..what a compliment....from him the best Pirate, ever.

LovelyOne
We all know jack never trades people unless he thinks he's going to get them back again.

If he thought Davy was about to kill him or what ever he would have gone on there instead.

I think Jack might have felt he could do everything and even save Elizabeth at the end of it all. When he put Will on there Liz was still in prison..or at least he thought she was.

I do wonder if he put Will on there subconsciously so that he could gain Elizabeth though.

Because by this point in the story Will is what is stopping Jack from getting the key because he wants to go back to Liz with the compass..he literally stands in the way of Jack getting the real chest..By this point Will is ALSO what is in the way of Jack ever having Liz(the other chest he is after according to Tia).He IS after her at this point in the story and if Will goes back to Liz..then that means Jack's chances with her are out the window forever because of the marriage...So Jack goes to Tia for 2 reasons..and the answer to getting both is removing Will from the picture

So I don't actually know if Jack REALLY had the right intentions at heart when putting Will on the Dutchman..I think he secretly wanted to gain Liz from it too...he did put will in danger for that reason IMO

katelovespirate
lol as always, great theory...

have you read the "faithful bride" thread???? i want your opinion on that original script for 1@!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin

LovelyOne
LOL no I'll go and read it.

I think Jack gained Liz a bit unfairly..so he got punished for it a lil bit lol. As soon as he gets the key unfairly from norrington and Will by abandoning Will to face Norrington..he falls right into a grave lmao.

lovethemtigers
Yeah, you are probably right, LovelyOne...Jack did want to get Will out of the picture...but not permanantly...and yeah, he knew Will would run into his father on the Flying Dutchman..thus, getting Will's mind and focus off of Elizabeth...he's hoping Will will have a new purpose in life, besides having Elizabeth's love...Jack is so very clever.

Is it just me, or knowing Jack is doing all these things...just makes him all the more sexier???? Gosh, can the man get any sexier. It's amazing how this one single man can turn everyone's lives upside down...onscreen and offscreen (LOL)....and in end everyone is sad and the world is a lot less brighter without him in it...despite the fact that some people think he is deceitful and dishonest (which in reality he is most definitely not)...

LovelyOne
Yes I agree with you^^ I think that Liz might understand that by movie 3..he does it all for her..he just needs to get her the right way IMO..Liz still had feelings for Jack when she did that to him..because when Jack fell into the grave..he was still the proud owner of the key

I honestly think this is all about Jack learning how to do things right when it comes Liz. When he chases the key he learns from his mistakes. and in the end he does open the chest and become the "key to her heart"

I am gonna stick by that key theory because it means that Jack does get her and fairly in the end lol..It also means that Will hurts her along the line in the next movie and Jack saves her from him and norrington

I actually want Will to hurt her because then people wont be backing up how "perfect" Will and Liz are together lol.

I dont think that Jack putting the heart into the JOD has anything to do with the end of movie 3

I think that whole thing is where what happens to the heart starts to overshadow Liz in the movies..Jack putting her in the JOD..is where jack supposedly puts her on Sao Feng's ship for a week..thinking she's gonna be safe but Norrie and the EITC come along and kidnap her..just like Norrie and the EITC kidnapped the heart by the end of movie 2.

Jack realizes that Liz is gone..he wont EVER treat her like that again i can assure you lol. He only ever treats people like leverage when he thinks he's going to see them again..but this time he's onna learn to NEVER do that to Liz ever again..his reaction once he saw that the heart was in fact missing from the JOD (Sao Feng's ship) says it all.

he's gonna learn..

I always repeat myself lol

katelovespirate
yeah it would make me super happy if Will did something really awful to Liz... but i have a hard time imagining it happening... i could more easily see Will doing something awful FOR liz... like going after Jack once Jack surrenders her to Sao or something, but then Liz freaks out cause she doesnt want Jack hurt, cause she still wants him or something.

Yeah, i am ALWAYS way suspicious of couples that seem to be perfect for each other. Thats not the way life is, even in the movies. And Liz and Will dont really have a lot of experience overcoming hardships together... Liz and Jack, on the other hand, are great at it. lol.

i LOVE the key theory. its so perfect.

LovelyOne
I see will becoming selfish and trying to selfishly split Jack up from her..

there is a whole argument in movie 3 about "Jack being incapable of loving anyone and that he steals peoples women" Even T&T seem to be drawing attention to that theme and they have said that Jack is capable.

We ALL know that Liz was falling for Jack on her OWN and Jack is fully capable of caring for her and we saw that by movie 2.

I think that Will is going to become disliked because he is going to try and split them up DESPITE knowing that they are both pretty happy together..he's going to hate Jack and hes going to hate Liz..this was Davy J's argument..and if will starts to mirror him then its going to be the same thing..

Then I can actually see him doing something to Liz if he becomes desperate to split them up because of his selfishness...which makes sense of his quote on that official DMC site when you click on him "a woman need not make you desperate if you choose the right one"

he's already throwing her feelings aside by the end of movie 2 when it comes to saving his dad and getting rid of Jack so that he can put his own needs before others..he thinks Liz loves Jack and he is about to betray Jack as soon as he comes back.

what else is he gonna do if things only get "worse" for him when Liz and Jack get closer?

katelovespirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I see will becoming selfish and trying to selfishly split Jack up from her..

there is a whole argument in movie 3 about "Jack being incapable of loving anyone and that he steals peoples women" Even T&T seem to be drawing attention to that theme

when we ALL know that Liz was falling for Jack on her OWN and Jack is fully capable of caring for her and we saw that by movie 2.

I think that Will is going to become disliked because he is going to try and split them up DESPITE knowing that they are both pretty happy together..he's going to hate Jack and hes going to hate Liz..this was Davy J's argument..and if will starts to mirror him then its going to be the same thing..

Then I can actually see him doing something to Liz if he becomes desperate to split them up because of his selfishness...which makes sense of his quote on that official DMC site when you click on him "a woman need not make you desperate if you choose the right one"

he's already throwing her feelings aside by the end of movie 2 when it comes to saving his dad and getting rid of Jack so that he can put his own needs before others..he thinks Liz loves Jack and he is about to betray Jack as soon as he comes back.

what else is he gonna do if things only get "worse" for him when Liz and Jack get closer?

OMGSH i LOVE that quote from the official DMC site... WOAH....

ivebeendepped43
totally!!

katelovespirate
a woman need not make you desperate if you choose the right one....

oh gosh. what does this mean? is this meant for Will, or Jack, or both?

Cause Liz def. seems to make Will desperate, ALL THE TIME.

Jack on the other hand? Not so much... i dont know...

LovelyOne
LOL i agree with you Jack is never desperate when it comes to Liz..he knows what he wants and he knows how to get it..I think that Will is going to become desperate in trying to claim Liz back..he must be like that because what else would make him desperate about her..she must start to fall for Jack even more in movie 3??

I don't think he will even deserve her by the end of the movie..what desperate measures will he go to to stop Jack/Liz?

that comes up when you click on Will not Jack doesn't it?

Will obviously didnt choose the right woman for him..which is Liz

Bwa Ha Ha
yup

CaptinJackLover
Yeah Will definatley wont deserve her. He will become the bad depressed guy we all never thought he could be. But when he realizes he has no chance with Liz he will become that person And she doewsnt need someone like that. She needs Jack, a man who knows how to get what he wants and wont change to get it.

ivebeendepped43
oohhhh bad boy!!

Bwa Ha Ha
kind of like norrington

ivebeendepped43
hes ssexxi

Bwa Ha Ha

ivebeendepped43
frick!

Bwa Ha Ha
what

katelovespirate
or maybe Liz just needs Jack, Will, AND norrie. big grin

Jacky Sparrow
oh, yes-! big grin ...but I think the men would not be happy with that, exept Jack wink

ivebeendepped43
aahhhh JAck!

CaptinJackLover
i dont think Liz needs ALL of them. Jack is enough man for her! He is all the man she will ever need! happy

katelovespirate
just like Liz is all the man Will will ever need...

LOL im sorry i didn't mean to bash will again... ooops.... wink

CaptinJackLover
hahahaaha ur too funny kate...buut its ok ito bash will in this thread....we only need to be nice in the We love Will thread

lovethemtigers
Ha..I say we bash Will all we won't...and you are right captainjacklover, we only have to be nice to Will on the We Love Will thread...that's why I don't visit that one...LOL....

Will is in competition with jack...and I love Jack...so I don't like Will very much..he is very annoying....and I find myself wishing I could fast forward the scenes with Will and the Flying Dutchman...when I'm at the theatre..and get to the good stuff..Like any scene containing Jack Sparrow and especially his hot scenes with Liz....

I love this forum cuz we can be mean to Will and get away with it...if you try to be mean to Will on KTTC...they may hunt you down and kill you...they are that serious about Will....I would like to know how those Will lovers over there think he is more important to the story than Jack...well, it doesn't matter...because we know Disney and the creators of this Pirate Trilogy know who is the main character, where the money's at...and who the overall audience loves...and that's Captain Jack Sparrow, Savvy.....

ivebeendepped43
what is KTTC? im really lost

Jacky Sparrow
a forum: keep to the code!

ivebeendepped43
ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! ive been there. it suks

CaptinJackLover
yea lovethemtigers you r so right about KTTC they are lame over there i dont know what they see in Will. They think he is so perfect snd love him so much but dont have reasons why he is so important

ivebeendepped43
i love my thread! hahaha! Bash Will to Pieces is the best thread on this forum! besides the Johnny Depp one on the celebs page

Chiki Mina
KTTC are all snobs..they cant keep with us they suck.

ivebeendepped43
yea-yah! go KMC!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
huzzah

Chiki Mina
KMC pisses on KTTC smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.