Ben Grimm vs Hal Jordon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grimm22
This is a fight using fighter jets. Both are in their regular forms, no powers, no prep.

Which is the better pilot?

batdude123
Jordan every single time. Grimm would probably lose in a fist fight too. stick out tongue

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Jordan every single time. Grimm would probably lose in a fist fight too. stick out tongue

I donno about that erm

Ben is arugebly the best pilot in the MU.

and he aint no slouch when it comes to bear punching either shifty

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Grimm22
I donno about that erm

Ben is arugebly the best pilot in the MU.

and he aint no slouch when it comes to bear punching either shifty

The reason he's the best Pilot is because while the big boys can fly, and run faster than than any raggedy plane he's practicing his piloting skills. Yep exactly the reason Ben Grimm can't hang with the big boys. eek!

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soujaboy
The reason he's the best Pilot is because while the big boys can fly, and run faster than than any raggedy plane he's practicing his piloting skills. Yep exactly the reason Ben Grimm can't hang with the big boys. eek!

The big boys What the f**k?

Whats that supposed to mean?!?

Grimm22

Oh really shifty

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/armandovalles/Scans/ThingvsRamades5.jpg

batdude123
Oh really shifty

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/armandovalles/Scans/ThingvsRamades5.jpg

Jordan punked Mongul in a h2h fight, and also broke Cyborg Superman's jaw. no expression

Grimm22
Jordan punked Mongul in a h2h fight, and also broke Cyborg Superman's jaw. no expression

Touche stick out tongue

Fanboy
Hal Jordan.

grey fox

...with a Gl ring .

He created ring powered armour.

Soujaboy
The big boys What the f**k?

Whats that supposed to mean?!?

It mean that the Thing is a 3rd rate hero, duh. laughing

Grimm22
It mean that the Thing is a 3rd rate hero, duh. laughing

3rd Rate?!?! What the f**k?

If it werent for the Thing, there would be no Hulk, no Spider-Man, no X-men.

Marvel wouldnt be around today if it werent for the FF and the Thing primarily.

Soujaboy

Marvel wouldnt be around today if it werent for the FF and the Thing primarily.

Ya right, if you think so eek! laughing laughing

Tassadar
Ya right, if you think so eek! laughing laughing

mad

S.G
Jordan every single time. Grimm would probably lose in a fist fight too. stick out tongue cheers

S.G

Marvel wouldnt be around today if it werent for the FF and the Thing primarily. laughing laughing laughing

You now surpass Capt it up as biggest fanboy ever

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

DarkCrawler
Thing's done a lot for comics. He was the original "brawler" type superhero, which is now one of the most famous superhero archetypes. He's clearly 1st rate superhero.

S.G
No....

Priest
Whats with all the Thing hate latley?

DarkCrawler
Yes... no expression

Seriously, can you name an comic book fan who DOESN'T know who he is.

Thing is a great character.

S.G
Just because hes known doesn't mean hes really popular. Just like Namor...Oh wait he isn't know or popular.

I think its because maybe Grim defends him no matter what, its getting to be like Wolverine.

DarkCrawler
Both Namor and Thing are known and popular in comic book community.

Just ask around in message boards.

S.G
But look at non comic cumunity and you never see Namor but you know Thing. But he is overshadowed by the Hulk.

Now I'm not saying hes crappy I quite like Namor but to be honest he isn't a big hero of the world.

Priest
Originally posted by S.G
But look at non comic cumunity and you never see Namor but you know Thing. But he is overshadowed by the Hulk.

Now I'm not saying hes crappy I quite like Namor but to be honest he isn't a big hero of the world.
he is well known, for a comic reader.
hes ones of the oldest superhero's ever.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by S.G

Fantastic Four is as equally known as Hulk. I don't see any non-comic guy not knowing Thing either.

And just because someone is not well known, does not mean that he or she is 3rd class. Would you say that Jerry Spiegel is 3rd class when it comes to comic book creators?

S.G
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Fantastic Four is as equally known as Hulk. I don't see any non-comic guy not knowing Thing either.

And just because someone is not well known, does not mean that he or she is 3rd class. Would you say that Jerry Spiegel is 3rd class when it comes to comic book creators? Who ? confused I don't really pay attention to artist etc.

Anyway I mean I know he is just as known as Hulk but I mean he is over shadowed with popularity. Lets be honest Hulk is one of the most popular characters for people not into comics. Where as Thing is not. Do you see where I'm coming from ?

I know Things a good character but now a days there are so many powerhouses in Mavel, D.C and every other company that Thing shouldn't be considered top tier.

Oh and Namor is top class I know but only among comic fans. People that arent into comic fans barely know him. I only knew a bit about him to be honest but then I saw your respect thread. smile

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by S.G
Who ? confused I don't really pay attention to artist etc.

Oh, nobody, just the creator of SUPERMAN. wink

And there are varying levels of popularity...I still think Thing belongs to A class when it comes to that.

S.G
Oh Superman no wonder I dont know him. I don't own more than 1 comic of him.

And yeah with in the comic community I would make him as a B for popularity or C. but in non-comic community i would say A or possibly B.

Grimm22
Originally posted by S.G
laughing laughing laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Wow no expression

Just...no

I said that because without the FF, Marvel would have gone bankrupt and there would never be any of these comics.

Deny it all you want but its history my freind

Grimm22

And just because someone is not well known, does not mean that he or she is 3rd class. Would you say that Jerry Spiegel is 3rd class when it comes to comic book creators?

Actually on some weird game show one time this guy had to name two members of the FF and he said one of them was the Silver Surfer

How can someone know who the silver surfer is but not the ff?!?! :Wtf:

Soujaboy
Thing's done a lot for comics. He was the original "brawler" type superhero, which is now one of the most famous superhero archetypes. He's clearly 1st rate superhero.

Man I was just playin laughing

S.G
Wow no expression

Just...no

I said that because without the FF, Marvel would have gone bankrupt and there would never be any of these comics.

Deny it all you want but its history my freind The FF bit is fine but Thing no. If there was no Thing Marvel would be doing fine. wink

bigbran
Originally posted by S.G
laughing laughing laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing That is one hard thing to do.

bigbran
Actually on some weird game show one time this guy had to name two members of the FF and he said one of them was the Silver Surfer

How can someone know who the silver surfer is but not the ff?!?! :Wtf: I seen that!
He said SS, Superman, and some other people.

The show was called..... shit!!
I forget!!

juggernaut66666
Wow no expression

Just...no

Deny it all you want but its history my freind
That is correct (this info was in a video of the ff4 game big grinbig grin)

S.G
Originally posted by bigbran
That is one hard thing to do. But if you look hes doing it.

batdude123

It's Jerry Siegel, not Jerry Spiegel. no expression

H. S. 6
It's Jerry Siegel, not Jerry Spiegel. no expression

Ha. laughing out loud

Grimm22
Originally posted by S.G
The FF bit is fine but Thing no. If there was no Thing Marvel would be doing fine. wink

The Thing was the most popular character of the FF throughout the Silver Age no expression

He brought personality to the team.

So in a sense yes, Marvel owes the Thing big time

Grimm22
Originally posted by S.G
But if you look hes doing it.

Dude, the day I say that Thing beats Thanos, you can say that yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.