Asuka Kazama vs Ayane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
While on vacation, Azuka and Ling Xiayou wind up on Zack Island. Apparently, back in Japan, Kazama has unfinished business with the unstable Mugen Tenshin ninja. Both are 1 and 1. Ayane used her jutsu magic to beat Azuka the first match, while Azuka defeated Ayane in the second.

The final match between these two is straight up hand-to-hand.

===

Jack Bauer Fact: Jack Bauer had to kill his first girlfriend. She was sick of being on the bottom during sex-- but Jack wouldn't compromise on his positions. Jack Bauer never compromises his position.

Chuck Norris Fact: Chuck Norris is God's personal hitman.

Fallin Angel
Hmm, not sure who would win. If its just hand to hand, then this might be anyones game. They are both good at mixing up their moves and reversing.

Superboy Prime
Are you kidding me? Ayane decimates Asuka.

Otus

Superboy Prime
Storywise Ayane would rip Asuka an extra hole given she is a psychotic ninja who managed to take down her half brother and leader of the Mugen Tenshin clan, her half sister who is a powerhouse that managed to defeat a powerful renegade Ninja and also put an end to his foster father's gen-enhanced rampage--Genra former leader of the hajinmon.
Asuka has what, the Kazama last name? That's not enough to take down Ayane. And even if Asuka managed to beat Ayane in hand to hand Ayane would resort to her powerful Nimpo which will simply end the fight if it doesn't kill her.

Also gameplay wise Ayane is a DOA top tier. Her back moves are elusive and difficult to counter, she's got above average speed and her juggles are painful. Asuka can't compare to Ayane in terms of tiers in their respective games.

Fallin Angel
I don't remember Ayane ever defeating Hayate, unless your thinking of the time when he was Ein, but that doesn't count since he lost his memory. Also, Kasumi isn't a powerhouse character, her and Ayane are pretty much a tie when it comes to defeating each other. Asuka may have the last name Kazama, but she also has Jun's powers in her, she just hasn't discovered it yet. Plus she is really good at punishing whiffed or blocked moves so she is a good defense player. If Ayane ends up using her nimpo move cause she lost to Asuka, then she is a complete sore loser. Also tiers don't mean anything, its how the player uses the character that counts.

Superboy Prime
Wrong. Ayane defeated a determined Hayate in DOA3, remember? Hayate was dead serious about being the one to take out Genra because it was his duty as leader of the Mugen Tenshin clan. Guess what, he did not because Ayane beat him and then proceeded to take on Genra right after she fought Hayate. For more info go play Ayane's story mode in DOA 3. Now about Kasumi not being a powerhouse I am afraid you're very wrong about this info. Kasumi not only managed to beat a Rogue ninja with prowess that managed to triumph her older brother Hayate and Ayane at the same time. Not only that but he had learned a particular powerful technique from Hayate during the fight. She's also considered the superior genetic sample when compared to Hayate or any of the other Mugen Tenshin ninjas. Hayabusa is not included in the equation since most likely they don't even know he along with his extinct clan exist. Why do you think there are so many Kasumi clone tubes in DOA2 and in DOA3? Not to mention Alpha 152 is the fruit of Kasumi's own DNA. Now I ask you again: is Kasumi a powerhouse, or not?

Why would Ayane be a sore loser if she used Nimpo to take out Asuka? It's part of her attack moves and she has every right to use it to win a battle. Not that it matters since this thread is specifically designed to have both of them duke it out hand to hand. But if it was an all out brawl Nimpo would end the fight.

Sorry to break your bubbles but tiers do mean everything when two equal players duke it out. I guarantee you if someone picks Hayate and the other Leon the Hayate player will have higher chances of screwing the Leon player.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Fallin Angel
I don't remember Ayane ever defeating Hayate, unless your thinking of the time when he was Ein, but that doesn't count since he lost his memory. Also, Kasumi isn't a powerhouse character, her and Ayane are pretty much a tie when it comes to defeating each other. Asuka may have the last name Kazama, but she also has Jun's powers in her, she just hasn't discovered it yet. Plus she is really good at punishing whiffed or blocked moves so she is a good defense player. If Ayane ends up using her nimpo move cause she lost to Asuka, then she is a complete sore loser. Also tiers don't mean anything, its how the player uses the character that counts.
Yeah, Ayane did beat Hayate( not Ein) and turned right around and whooped Omega. Also, Kasumi IS a powerhouse character in both gameplay and storyline. She beat Raidou, who beat Ayane and Hayate at the SAME TIME, and seemingly stalemated Alpha-152. Kasumi was also chosen as the basis for for Alpha-152 and Kasumi-Alpha instead of Hayate. As for gameplay, Kasumi has been a top tier character in every DOA game except for Extreme Beach Volleyball.

Asuka honestly doesn't have any feats to back her up at all, much less to say she can beat Ayane.

Fallin Angel
To me, powerhouse is a character who uses alot of power moves (which most of the wrestlers fit into that catagory). Kasumi seems more like a balanced or speed/strike character in my opinion. I'm probley wrong about Ayane not facing against Hayate cause I haven't played 3 in a long time since my xbox broke. Anyways, tiers still don't mean anything to me, I've seen some really good Hayate player get defeated by characters like Christie which some say she is considered low or mid tier. But if u think tiers count, then fine, your opinion. I still think this match could go either way, but since Asuka is a lil new, she might have some trouble.

Superboy Prime
I was talking about Kasumi being a powerhouse storywise. She's among the top in the DOA Universe. Ayane managed to beat her, Hayate and then Omega. That's one impressive feat. Asuka so far has nothing on Ayane.

Fallin Angel
Well Asuka is basically new, so how bout we wait till she gets a few tournaments up her sleeve, then we will see if she has anything that can compete against Ayane

StyleTime
Originally posted by Fallin Angel
To me, powerhouse is a character who uses alot of power moves (which most of the wrestlers fit into that catagory). Kasumi seems more like a balanced or speed/strike character in my opinion. I'm probley wrong about Ayane not facing against Hayate cause I haven't played 3 in a long time since my xbox broke. Anyways, tiers still don't mean anything to me, I've seen some really good Hayate player get defeated by characters like Christie which some say she is considered low or mid tier. But if u think tiers count, then fine, your opinion. I still think this match could go either way, but since Asuka is a lil new, she might have some trouble.
I was using powerhouse to mean "kicks ass". I get your point now though. Tiers DO matter, but they CAN be overcome with skill. A tier simply uses the tools one character has that makes that character good. Kasumi and Hitomi have more, better tools but that doesn't mean a skilled Christie user can't beat them.

I agree with Asuka being new. Unfortunately for her, we have to say she loses until she proves otherwise.

Fallin Angel
I get what your saying about the tiers thing but I just go by that some characters are just easier to play then others while the harder characters have to work more to win (but I guess thats probley the same XP). I guess your right about Asuka losing for now, but I'm still hopeing she gets better (is an Asuka fan XP)

Superboy Prime
We can tell you're Asuka fan and that's cool. She has the Kazama last name. This is Namco we're talking about. She will definitely get better due to Namco ass kissing the Mishimas and Kazamas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.