Bloodshed vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Cool fight.

Bloodshed- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bldshd.htm

Alfheim
Originally posted by golem370
Cool fight.

Bloodshed- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bldshd.htm

Sorry to digress but have any other black comic fans noticed this. More often than not every time Marvel make a black male superhero or villain they always give them superhuman strength and endurance. Not that it isn't useful but its like a lot of black superheroes are clones of Luke Cage.

I mean for **** sake Ive never heard of bloodshed before and I was looking for his powers...sure enough...superhuman strength and endurance.

grey fox
Originally posted by Alfheim
Sorry to digress but have any other black comic fans noticed this. More often than not every time Marvel make a black male superhero or villain they always give them superhuman strength and endurance. Not that it isn't useful but its like a lot of black superheroes are clones of Luke Cage.

I mean for **** sake Ive never heard of bloodshed before and I was looking for his powers...sure enough...superhuman strength and endurance.

What about Black Panther ..or Goliath or Prowler or Alex Wilder or.....

Anarchist
Bandit
Bedlam
Bishop
Blade
Captain America

...the list goes on. Marvel are not Racist ok .

Alfheim
Yeah I should have said that now its improved but up until the early 90s its was ridculous most of the black characters they kept coming out with just had superhuman strenghth. Im sure even now most black male characters mainly have superhuman strength as their power. As far as im concerned Black Goliath is just another black hero with superhuman strength. What can he do...he grows and what else...he has superhuman strength. Deathlok is another one yeah he has other powers but the main one is his strength and endrance.

Of course im aware there is Bishop, Cloak and there was a black mutant called Prodigy and now there is Sync. Im sorry but up to a point its was just silly there was just a huge load of black heroes with superhuman strength and another thing that upset me I dont know of any black alien races except one in the Marvel Universe. lets put it this way why do you think Milestone comics were created?

Dinalfos
What about Prowler and Rocket Racer? Or Night Trasher?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Dinalfos
What about Prowler and Rocket Racer? Or Night Trasher?

Yes i know and theres Windshear as well, im saying up to a point there was a trend of Marvel just coming out with black characters with superhuman strength.

grey fox
Yes i know and theres Windshear as well, im saying up to a point there was a trend of Marvel just coming out with black characters with superhuman strength.

Not really ,if you want to play it like that blame their over-usage of the Power Broker.

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Not really ,if you want to play it like that blame their over-usage of the Power Broker.

Well thats the way I saw things, maybe you have read more comics than me (probably). When I was reading intensely (late 80s stopped reading for a bit and started in 1993 and have not read a comic for ages) the main black marvel male characters I knew where Luke Cage, Cloak and Black Panther. Then There was Battle Star, then there was the New Warriors yeah there was Night Thrasher but there was Rage, then they introduced a new character call Maxam who suprise, suprise whos main power was superhuman strength. Theres Deathlok who basically sux who can do other stuff but his main power I would say was superhuman strength. Then I knew about the Villains as well there was Tombstone and Thunderball.

I was also aware of other characters such as Bushmaster and Blade.

I was also a fan of Silver Surfer and cosmic adventures. I had a list of alien races from Marvel universe and there was only one black alien race. I dont know of any black cosmic gods either.

I think writers like Dwayne Mcduffey helped. Well I have not read comics for a long time and have noticed there are alot of cool black male characters but as far as im concerned when I was reading them there were not many.

grey fox
Well thats the way I saw things, maybe you have read more comics than me (probably). When I was reading intensely (late 80s stopped reading for a bit and started in 1993 and have not read a comic for ages) the main black marvel male characters I knew where Luke Cage, Cloak and Black Panther. Then There was Battle Star, then there was the New Warriors yeah there was Night Thrasher but there was Rage, then they introduced a new character call Maxam who suprise, suprise whos main power was superhuman strength. Theres Deathlok who basically sux who can do other stuff but his main power I would say was superhuman strength. Then I knew about the Villains as well there was Tombstone and Thunderball.

I was also aware of other characters such as Bushmaster and Blade.

I was also a fan of Silver Surfer and cosmic adventures. I had a list of alien races from Marvel universe and there was only one black alien race. I dont know of any black cosmic gods either.

I think writers like Dwayne Mcduffey helped. Well I have not read comics for a long time and have noticed there are alot of cool black male characters but as far as im concerned when I was reading them there were not many.

Why have alien races black though . Cant they be green or blue or what about yellow ?

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Why have alien races black though . Cant they be green or blue or what about yellow ?

Er duh I know there are green and yellow ones, but there are loads of white alien races and races in other dimensions. How many black alien races are there? Do you know any black cosmic gods like Galactus? Even the Egyptian Gods in Marvel are not black they look Grey...( well the black egyptians were nubians but thats another story).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.