Bishop vs Gambit (full potential)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trolly_crouchjr
wink
both are at full potential

thedude1948
isnt Gambit at full potential New Son?

King_Mungi
As in New sun?

trolly_crouchjr
yes New Son

braz
Bishop

King_Mungi
New Sun (I perfer this name) destroyed everyone on the planet.

He has complete control of kinetic energy in all its forms. This translates into flight, explosion of matter, and manipulation of time and space, including travel to alternate realities.

Grimm22
Gambit = Maxiumum Suckage

I dont even compare New Son to gambit.

They are two compeltely different characters

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Grimm22

Well it doesn't matter that you feel that way. If it is his ultimate potential then thats the facts

New Sun takes this with ease. Sure Lucas can absorb energy, but he can overload.

Grimm22
Honestly what kind of pansy f**k throws cards!?!? What the f**k?

batdude123

That made my laugh out loud. laughing out loud

Accel
Cards that explode...

Bullseye does it as well (without the exploding part).

long pig
Originally posted by King_Mungi
New Sun (I perfer this name) destroyed everyone on the planet.

He has complete control of kinetic energy in all its forms. This translates into flight, explosion of matter, and manipulation of time and space, including travel to alternate realities.
Explain how controlling Kinetic energy allows one to time travel across alternate dimensions.

trolly_crouchjr
The Speed

S.G
Honestly what kind of pansy f**k throws cards!?!? What the f**k? What king of pansey is made out of rock or stone or whatever he is, and says its clobbering time. wink

A crappy pansey.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig
Explain how controlling Kinetic energy allows one to time travel across alternate dimensions.

It's just one of his other abilities, how he is capable of this is due to his genetic engineering...or so they say

1. http://www.mutanthigh.com/newsun.html
2. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=748

He even killed his realities Phoenix

Ext@nt
Gambit wins even at normal power, he just has to power up an object large enough and throw it. Bishop can absorb energy, not an explosion.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Ext@nt
Gambit wins even at normal power, he just has to power up an object large enough and throw it. Bishop can absorb energy, not an explosion.

He can absorb the explosion, too. An explosion is kinetic energy as well.

I say this goes 5/10 for each.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Bishop wins this. Does anyone remember when Bishop was absorbing ALl of magnetos energy and he wasn't even trying. Then ALL of those XMEN and X TEAMS gave him all of thier energy and he was whoopoing magneto's ass. He would beat gambit. gambit would just be powering his own demise.

ExodusCloak
It's just one of his other abilities, how he is capable of this is due to his genetic engineering...or so they say

1. http://www.mutanthigh.com/newsun.html
2. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=748

He even killed his realities Phoenix

He killed his realities Phoenix? Like permanently? What happened to the Phoenix Force?

Bishop isn't Omega...he has a limit...Gambit removes the kinetic energy from the enviroment and wins..

IIRC Esme overloaded him...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He killed his realities Phoenix? Like permanently? What happened to the Phoenix Force?

Bishop isn't Omega...he has a limit...Gambit removes the kinetic energy from the enviroment and wins..

IIRC Esme overloaded him...

Apparently permanetly, but I have no idea what happened to the P.F

ExodusCloak
Apparently permanetly, but I have no idea what happened to the P.F

At least someone has the power to do it... big grin Hopefully this whole sword of the Phoenix thing...can kill it off permanently...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Accel
Cards that explode...

Bullseye does it as well (without the exploding part).

Bullseye has earned his baddass factor.

He slits throats with cards.

Brian Oswald
Bullseye has earned his baddass factor.

He slits throats with cards.
Gambit blows people up with cards confused

Grimm22
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Gambit blows people up with cards confused

He's also a pansy who wears a stupid headband thing, wears some gay armor costume thing, and is a cajun

P.S.: Nobody likes Cajuns no

killphil
Bishop cannot absorb energy from projectiles. See X-Men#8. A powerless Gambit beat Bishop. How would Bishop be able to stand up to Gambit when he had New Sun level powers? Fully powered Gambit wins 10/10.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by killphil
Bishop cannot absorb energy from projectiles. See X-Men#8. A powerless Gambit beat Bishop. How would Bishop be able to stand up to Gambit when he had New Sun level powers? Fully powered Gambit wins 10/10.

I thought I remember Bishop absorbing the kinetic energy from bullets so they didn't hurt him?

He's also been able to easily absorb the KE of physical attacks such as punches and kicks.

Thus, this is a 50/50 match for each of them.

Brian Oswald
He's also a pansy who wears a stupid headband thing, wears some gay armor costume thing, and is a cajun

P.S.: Nobody likes Cajuns no
Wow. You're an ass. 'gay' armor erm

killphil
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I thought I remember Bishop absorbing the kinetic energy from bullets so they didn't hurt him?

He's also been able to easily absorb the KE of physical attacks such as punches and kicks.

Thus, this is a 50/50 match for each of them.

No, he cannot absorb projectiles. Remember when those fugitives came back with Bishop to this timeline and one of the henchmen uses a laserblaster on Bishop and gets the shot redirected back at him? He was chastised by the leader of this group. They are supposed to be using projectiles on him, which harm Bishop. Gambit gets ahold of this info, and during the Boysenberry pie incident, throws charged projectiles at Bishop, to great effect.

It might be 50/50 for them regularly, but this is against fully powered Gambit, who could just charge Bishop up himself. Or incinerate him. Or overload him with energy until he pops. Or send him to an alternate reality/time.

This fight seems a little unbalanced to me. Why isn't it just a straight Bishop vs. Gambit thread? There evenly matched enough to make it interesting.

Metalmanx
No, he cannot absorb projectiles. Remember when those fugitives came back with Bishop to this timeline and one of the henchmen uses a laserblaster on Bishop and gets the shot redirected back at him? He was chastised by the leader of this group. They are supposed to be using projectiles on him, which harm Bishop. Gambit gets ahold of this info, and during the Boysenberry pie incident, throws charged projectiles at Bishop, to great effect.

It might be 50/50 for them regularly, but this is against fully powered Gambit, who could just charge Bishop up himself. Or incinerate him. Or overload him with energy until he pops. Or send him to an alternate reality/time.

This fight seems a little unbalanced to me. Why isn't it just a straight Bishop vs. Gambit thread? There evenly matched enough to make it interesting.

The thing about Bishop (if you really follow him well), is that he is just an incredible all-around fighter. And I don't mean just physically (even though he's also one of the best hand-to-hand fighters on the X-Men, up there with Wolverine). He's trained basically his whole life to be able to take out all of the X-men. He's one of the best soldiers in the Marvel Universe for that reason alone.

Overloading Bishop? Possible. But as soon as he realizes what happens, he just discharges the energy right back.

Last I checked, Gambit doesn't absorb kinetic energy like Bishop does (only releases it), so a blast right back at him would prove damaging.

So, I still think this is a 50/50 match.

killphil
The thing about Bishop (if you really follow him well), is that he is just an incredible all-around fighter. And I don't mean just physically (even though he's also one of the best hand-to-hand fighters on the X-Men, up there with Wolverine). He's trained basically his whole life to be able to take out all of the X-men. He's one of the best soldiers in the Marvel Universe for that reason alone.

Overloading Bishop? Possible. But as soon as he realizes what happens, he just discharges the energy right back.

Last I checked, Gambit doesn't absorb kinetic energy like Bishop does (only releases it), so a blast right back at him would prove damaging.

So, I still think this is a 50/50 match.

Are you talking about regular Gambit? Because yes I concure. But the topic is the New Sun level Gambit. That character is leagues above Bishop in every respect. Bishop would not have a chance against Gambit when he is this powerful. If you are unsure what I'm talking about, I'm referencing Gambit#16-24 from his 1st solo monthly, but particularly Gambit#24 when he reaches New Sun's power and destroys him.

Metalmanx
Are you talking about regular Gambit? Because yes I concure. But the topic is the New Sun level Gambit. That character is leagues above Bishop in every respect. Bishop would not have a chance against Gambit when he is this powerful. If you are unsure what I'm talking about, I'm referencing Gambit#16-24 from his 1st solo monthly, but particularly Gambit#24 when he reaches New Sun's power and destroys him.

Oh, no. Don't worry. I know who New Sun is. And I'm not discrediting him at all. I know how powerful he is.

I just also never underestimate Bishop. He's one of the most powerful X-members that has ever been on the team.

Silent Master
http://static.flickr.com/93/239923418_5f8884fe91_b.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/98/240088913_074823a817_b.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/95/240087574_d9eeb13d42_b.jpg

StyleTime

That's great. Now tell us who wins.
Originally posted by long pig
It's confusing how it actually works but he did it several times before coming to this dimension.
He can absorb the explosion, too. An explosion is kinetic energy as well.

I say this goes 5/10 for each.
Come on Metalmanx. I know you better than this. This is Full Potential Gambit. He can skip the middle man(cards) entirely and simply blow Bishop up by thinking about it. There won't be anything for Bishop to absorb as his very molecules will be the the things affected by Gambit. There are other methods for him to win as well, such as freezing Bishop between time. Bishop has absolutely no chance in hell here.

New Sun 10/10

I'll get some scans up tomorrow. My computer is slow right now and I am too tired to wait for it.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Wow. You're an ass. 'gay' armor erm

Nope. no

Its the truth, anyone who wears that bad of a costume dosent deserve to be respected

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by StyleTime
Come on Metalmanx. I know you better than this. This is Full Potential Gambit. He can skip the middle man(cards) entirely and simply blow Bishop up by thinking about it. There won't be anything for Bishop to absorb as his very molecules will be the the things affected by Gambit. There are other methods for him to win as well, such as freezing Bishop between time. Bishop has absolutely no chance in hell here.

New Sun 10/10

I'll get some scans up tomorrow. My computer is slow right now and I am too tired to wait for it.

That's what I was thinking...Bishop can't even absorb the Kinetic energy given off by Cykes concussive blasts...Esme has overloaded him....and since New Sun controlled Kinetic Energy...simply removing it from Bishops body is enough...it won't come down to H2H...

killphil
Nope. no

Its the truth, anyone who wears that bad of a costume dosent deserve to be respected

Hell, better to wear a costume than run around mostly naked and flasher style like your fave likes to do.

ThePittman
Bishop can absorb Cykes blast, It was just in the last issue I think that he did but Cyke went all out and overloaded him.

Grimm22
Hell, better to wear a costume than run around mostly naked and flasher style like your fave likes to do.

Flash runs around naked confused What the f**k?

Thing only wears pants or shorts because he cannot fight as well with a full costume on no expression

Grimm22
New Son is cool yes

Gambit isnt no

Thus New Son wins big grin

StyleTime
New Son doesn't wear any clothes at all. Literally.
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's what I was thinking...Bishop can't even absorb the Kinetic energy given off by Cykes concussive blasts...Esme has overloaded him....and since New Sun controlled Kinetic Energy...simply removing it from Bishops body is enough...it won't come down to H2H...
Yeah. New Sun has this like...so far in the bag. He could just teleport Bishop underwater or something.(no joke)
New Son is cool yes

Gambit isnt no

Thus New Son wins big grin
You forgot to mention how lame Bishop is.

Grimm22
Yeah. New Sun has this like...so far in the bag. He could just teleport Bishop underwater or something.(no joke)

Yes. New Sun is cooler than Gambit. However, you can't POSSIBLY think Bishop is cool...in any way.

Nope no2

Bishop was only made for there to be a black x-man.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by ThePittman
Bishop can absorb Cykes blast, It was just in the last issue I think that he did but Cyke went all out and overloaded him.

A Rogue with Cykes powers has knocked Bishop back with his blasts...in civil war two Bishop heats up...Cykes blast is a pressure blast so Bishop and the ground around him should have been blown inwards...it was a mistake by the writers.

killphil
New Son doesn't wear any clothes at all. Literally.

He wears a uniform but it is rather lame. It consists of some robes, boots and that mask thing Gambit wears. Oh, and he has a buzzcut. You just can't see it regularly because he is shrouded in all that energy most the time.

Metalmanx
Nope no2

Bishop was only made for there to be a black x-man.

You are SEVERELY underrating Bishop. With his skills, experience, abilities, and superhuman powers, he's easily one of the most powerful X-Men there's ever been.

I'm not saying he wins the majority, but he's not want to be underestimated.

I still say this is a 5/10 match for each.

killphil
I still don't see how Bish could take New Sun 5/10. If Bishop were that tough, he could single handedly defeat all the X-Men at once. I mean, Sun just has to LOOK at Bish and he ceases to exist.

Brian Oswald
I think Bishop could take normal Gambit, but New Sun has to much raw power to easily overpower him.

StyleTime
He wears a uniform but it is rather lame. It consists of some robes, boots and that mask thing Gambit wears. Oh, and he has a buzzcut. You just can't see it regularly because he is shrouded in all that energy most the time.
I was joking man. I know he has that outfit on.
You are SEVERELY underrating Bishop. With his skills, experience, abilities, and superhuman powers, he's easily one of the most powerful X-Men there's ever been.

I'm not saying he wins the majority, but he's not want to be underestimated.

I still say this is a 5/10 match for each.
Bishop's abilities are underrated, but he's still lame. Anyway, I guess I'll have to show what I mean.

This is Gambit almost blowing up Rogue and Colossus by ACCIDENT.
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/42/gambit16page12jy0.th.jpg

This is New Sun casually deciding to teleport Courier to his Cathedral. He could just teleport Bishop into an ocean easily.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/6866/gambitv101905rougherkk5.th.jpg

Gambit giving Batroc a warning by charging his moustache by THINKING about it.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8233/gambit16page15ba2.th.jpg

I agree that Bishop's powers are underrated but he isn't going to win any at all here. New Sun ranks far higher up on the list of "Most poweful X-Men" than Bishop does.

StyleTime
Metalmanx, I was hoping that last post would change your views. I'm still wondering how do you think Bishop is going to get those 5 wins. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think he has a counter to absolutely anything New Sun can do.

Metalmanx
Metalmanx, I was hoping that last post would change your views. I'm still wondering how do you think Bishop is going to get those 5 wins. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think he has a counter to absolutely anything New Sun can do.

Alright. I concede. New Sun is perhaps a bit too powerful for Bishop to handle. And I like Gambit, but New Sun is already pissing me off. What can't he do? erm

New Sun gets the majority of wins here.

Bishop vs. (regular) Gambit? I see Bishop taking the majority here.

ThePittman

StyleTime

ThePittman
My evil brain working, Gambit charges a marble and throws in down Bishops mouth as he talks trash like normal. BOOM!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.