An undead monkey, a live Kracken and a roasted dog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calypso
I have seen DMC 9 times and COTBP at least 70 times and I am stumped so all of you can help me out...At the end of COTBP the monkey becomes an undead monkey by taking a coin from the chest
after Barbosa has died...In DMC we are lead to believe that Tia Dalma rescued Barbosa somehow and brought him back to life after Captain Jack kills him in COTBP...now if that monkey is undead and Captain Jack sailed away from Isle de Muerta with Will and Lizzy and Barbosa is shown dead in the water and the monkey is taking a coin out of the chest, what happens to the coin and how does the monkey wind up on the Black Pearl at the opening of DMC...Tia Dalma did not put him there and he did not leave with Captain Jack, Will or Lizzy...If Captain Jack had the coin, he would have been shown in skelletal form when Davy Jones comes on board the Black Pearl and Captain Jack tells Master Gibbs "I feel sulled and unusual"...secondly, in DMC Jack is seen rowing away from the Black Pearl, but we know the Kracken has taken Captain Jack's hat after pulling down the foreign frieghter, how come the Kracken did not pursue Captain Jack in the little boat and continued to destroy the Black Pearl...thirdly, Ted and Terry have said in the COTBP disc-2 that there are five rules to writing and one of them is "don't kill the dog"...do we think the islanders will break their rule of eating their Gods and/or will the dog become their permanent ruler...

Bwa Ha Ha

evilm0nki3
I swear I'm going to gut your toad if you don't stop with the freaking dots!!! It's driving me crazy!!!

I know it's not a toad but i forgot his name cause I don't watch that show anymore... or was he part toad? i cant remember.

CaptinJackLover
ditto!!!!

sccch
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
I swear I'm going to gut your toad if you don't stop with the freaking dots!!! It's driving me crazy!!!

I know it's not a toad but i forgot his name cause I don't watch that show anymore... or was he part toad? i cant remember.

His name is Jaken and he has the most annoying voice!!!!

ivebeendepped43
hehe, u took my advice, sccch, on iconator!! i feel special!

Bwa Ha Ha
wow you remembered his name!!! Yes, his voice is really squeeky and comes out in little grunts

ivebeendepped43
accckkkkk!!!!! i h8 that!

Bwa Ha Ha
h8 what

ivebeendepped43
gah!! ima loose it again!! u best step away Bwa ha ha!

Bwa Ha Ha
losing what

temper?
Mind?
head?
control?

ivebeendepped43
all the above

calypso
Ok, I'll stop with the ... but, I was not talking about Steve here or about
toads. Let's stay on topic and someone answer my question, savvy.

ivebeendepped43
which one?

Bwa Ha Ha
question? i thought you already answered that on some other thread

ivebeendepped43
n/m!

Bwa Ha Ha
What does m/m mean?

ivebeendepped43
nevermind! gosh have u never used comp. slang b4? btw (by the way) that means before just incase u dont know!

Bwa Ha Ha
oh, i know a few computer slangs but sometimes my head just goes blank

ivebeendepped43
sometimes?

Bwa Ha Ha
yes

PeterGriffin
You've seen the movies 79 times and still dont understand anything?doh

Originally posted by calypso
I have seen DMC 9 times and COTBP at least 70 times and I am stumped so all of you can help me out...At the end of COTBP the monkey becomes an undead monkey by taking a coin from the chest
after Barbosa has died...In DMC we are lead to believe that Tia Dalma rescued Barbosa somehow and brought him back to life after Captain Jack kills him in COTBP...now if that monkey is undead and Captain Jack sailed away from Isle de Muerta with Will and Lizzy and Barbosa is shown dead in the water and the monkey is taking a coin out of the chest, what happens to the coin and how does the monkey wind up on the Black Pearl at the opening of DMC...Tia Dalma did not put him there and he did not leave with Captain Jack, Will or Lizzy...

a) it doesnt matter what happens to the coin, once you take it out of the chest you are cursed until you put it back. Therefore, the monkey can take the coin, and throw it away, and still be cursed. Whatever happened to the coin is irrelevant in DMC.

b) Who knows how it got on the Black Pearl...it doesnt matter, Im sure theres some form of expanded story in a comic or something...minor details like that are not needed to be shown...

c) Tia Dalma has got nothing to do with the monkey.

If Captain Jack had the coin, he would have been shown in skelletal form when Davy Jones comes on board the Black Pearl and Captain Jack tells Master Gibbs "I feel sulled and unusual"...

No, only those who physcially take a coin are cursed. Jack put his back in the first movie, you cant just pass the curse onto someone by giving them a coin. Will was not undead in the first movie, even though he held several coins. He wasn't undead in the beginning of the first movie when he had it around his neck either and Elizabeth kept the coin for years and wasn't cursed. Pay attention and you might notice these things...

secondly, in DMC Jack is seen rowing away from the Black Pearl, but we know the Kracken has taken Captain Jack's hat after pulling down the foreign frieghter, how come the Kracken did not pursue Captain Jack in the little boat and continued to destroy the Black Pearl...

What does the hat symbolise? Rank of Captain. Hence why the Kraken destroyed the first boat, it believed Jack was on board, because his hat was there. It probably went back to Davey Jones right afterwards.

thirdly, Ted and Terry have said in the COTBP disc-2 that there are five rules to writing and one of them is "don't kill the dog"...do we think the islanders will break their rule of eating their Gods and/or will the dog become their permanent ruler...

Er...what? Dont kill the dog means....dont kill the dog (on screen). The dog wasnt killed onscreen, therefore they stuck to the rules of writing. Im seriously not understanding how you connected the rules of the islanders to the rules of screenwriting...whatever happens storywise after the credits cut is irrelevant. The dog could live or die, it doesnt affect the rules of writing, because we wont see it. And I doubt a dog would become a permanent ruler of a tribal gang blink

ivebeendepped43
dont b so rude! she just didnt understand! thats y she made the thread!

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by PeterGriffin
You've seen the movies 79 times and still dont understand anything?doh

a) it doesnt matter what happens to the coin, once you take it out of the chest you are cursed until you put it back. Therefore, the monkey can take the coin, and throw it away, and still be cursed. Whatever happened to the coin is irrelevant in DMC.

b) Who knows how it got on the Black Pearl...it doesnt matter, Im sure theres some form of expanded story in a comic or something...minor details like that are not needed to be shown...

c) Tia Dalma has got nothing to do with the monkey.

No, only those who physcially take a coin are cursed. Jack put his back in the first movie, you cant just pass the curse onto someone by giving them a coin. Will was not undead in the first movie, even though he held several coins. He wasn't undead in the beginning of the first movie when he had it around his neck either and Elizabeth kept the coin for years and wasn't cursed. Pay attention and you might notice these things...

What does the hat symbolise? Rank of Captain. Hence why the Kraken destroyed the first boat, it believed Jack was on board, because his hat was there. It probably went back to Davey Jones right afterwards.

Er...what? Dont kill the dog means....dont kill the dog (on screen). The dog wasnt killed onscreen, therefore they stuck to the rules of writing. Im seriously not understanding how you connected the rules of the islanders to the rules of screenwriting...whatever happens storywise after the credits cut is irrelevant. The dog could live or die, it doesnt affect the rules of writing, because we wont see it. And I doubt a dog would become a permanent ruler of a tribal gang blink

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/Mizk/ROFL.jpg

Originally posted by ivebeendepped43

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/Mizk/PostAgain.gif

LovelyOne
LOL the guy likes family guy..it explains his sense of humor..(which I actually find hilarious)

Oh and dude..the hat is symbloic..but I cant be bothered to get into it for the 900th time lol..

PeterGriffin
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43

Awwpetpet
I wasn't being rude, its not my fault if they've seen it 79 times and still dont get it. Besides, between being rude, and being stupid, I can guess which one I'd rather be.

Oh and I know why the thread was made...I answered all questions didnt I? I looked to the previous page and saw nothing that looked remotely intelligent coming from the likes of you so....srug

Originally posted by LovelyOne
LOL the guy likes family guy..it explains his sense of humor..(which I actually find hilarious)

Oh and dude..the hat is symbloic..but I cant be bothered to get into it for the 900th time lol..

First part: I hope you're talking outside this thread, cause I was being serious here.

Second part: If that was for me...I already answered the part about the hat being symbolic and so on...so if it was for me, that was kinda pointless mentioning it..

LovelyOne
It was for you...AND anyone else who wonders about the hat laddie..thats what the thread was about..raising a question about the HAT and other things..If i was directing it straight to you..I would have quoted...

whathe says about the hat is somewhat true..and there is also a whole other meaning to it (Jack's missing masculinity in the movie..the fact that Liz "wears" it and is the guiding, dominant force etc..)

Ok I'll be silent..*sits in the corner*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.