Black Panther vs Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
Standard equipment. No prep. Bloodlust on.

Who takes it?

Grimm22
Hmm erm

BP is definitly smarter and more skilled. erm

But, this is definitly a close one

Darth Vegas
Black Panther easy.

Albino Predator
I hate them both but id say sabertooth wins 7/10

Darth Vegas
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3107/bpvssabretoothzx6.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4467/bpvssabretooth3rz9.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6521/bpvssabretooth4zk3.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4135/bpvssabretooth5id8.jpg

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4135/bpvssabretooth5id8.jpg I guess that answers that...

Scarlet315
*whistle*

Accel
Hmmmmm.... BUMP!

Metalmanx
Black Panther. Definitely.

Sabes gives him a decent fight though.

jollyjim311

So...Sabertooth?!?! eek!

Ext@nt
Sabertooth should win. He's bigger, stronger, and let's not forget he's a trained operative so he knows hand to hand combat.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Ext@nt
Sabertooth should win. He's bigger, stronger, and let's not forget he's a trained operative so he knows hand to hand combat.

Sabes' advantages aside, however...Black Panther is just better.

It's not really just my opinion. He's just better.

He's arguably faster, a FAR better fighter, more agile, a much better tactician, much more resourceful, and well...Sabretooth's superior.

braz
cool fight, i think Black Panther could take it though

JOE NUNEZ
No weapons , maybe it could be different..

srankmissingnin

*sigh*

Sabretooth would tear Panther limb from limb... literally. With out prep time this wouldn't even be a fight. Panther doesn't have a viable ranged option so he needs to fight Sabretooth in melee combat. So what are we looking at here? Panther versus a foe who dwarfs him in every possible physically attribute and could sit there and take Panther's best shots all day with a smile on his face. Having a skill edge Panther maybe be able to prolong the inevitable ass kicking he is about to receive... if he decides to concentrate 100% on dodging and forgets about mounting any sort of offence. Best case scenario, without prep time, BP is a mangled corpse 30 seconds after the starting bell rings.

StyleTime
Hmm....so people think Black Panther can do it, but not Gambit?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by StyleTime
Hmm....so people think Black Panther can do it, but not Gambit?

To be fair the people who think Black Panther can beat Sabretooth should be institutionalized.

StyleTime
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
To be fair the people who think Black Panther can beat Sabretooth should be institutionalized.
laughing

Darth Vegas
I don't see Wolverine beating Black Panther, so I certainly don't see Sabretooth beating Black Panther.

Ever.

Funny because you seem to be in the minority in regards to who you think would win.

What's that old adage about crazy people always thinking that they're the sane ones and that the people on the outside should be locked up instead?

jinzin
To be fair the people who think Black Panther can beat Sabretooth should be institutionalized. laughing

so true.. soooo very true.

jinzin
I don't see Wolverine beating Black Panther, so I certainly don't see Sabretooth beating Black Panther.

Ever. considering wolverine's almost killed him?

Funny because you seem to be in the minority in regards to who you think would win. a long time ago the majority of the people thought the world was flat.. it must have been flat...

What's that old adage about crazy people always thinking that they're the sane ones and that the people on the outside should be locked up instead?

tell me what about black panther makes him more formidable than wendigo, killpower, rogue, and mrs. marvel.... all characters who were victimized by sabretooth

jollyjim311
Unarmed, in a straight fight, an enraged Sabertooth would eventually get lucky and eviscerate Black Panther. Panther couldn't bring him down for good, resulting in his failure.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by jinzin
considering wolverine's almost killed him?

When? Where? Show me a scan or give me an issue number.

tell me what about black panther makes him more formidable than wendigo, killpower, rogue, and mrs. marvel.... all characters who were victimized by sabretooth

I don't have to tell you. I can show you. Obviously you didn't see the scans that I provided in my earlier post.

You say that BP can't beat Sabretooth when I provided scans that proved otherwise.

On the other hand, you've done absolutely nothing whatsoever to back up your own claims other than to tell me that I'm "wrong".

OK, I guess I'll take your word for it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Big Sexy

I don't have to tell you. I can show you. Obviously you didn't see the scans that I provided in my earlier post.

You say that BP can't beat Sabretooth when I provided scans that proved otherwise.

On the other hand, you've done absolutely nothing whatsoever to back up your own claims other than to tell me that I'm "wrong".

OK, I guess I'll take your word for it. roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats not sabertooth. Thats BEBOP ( from the Ninja turtles). Sabertooths power flucuates a lot.

Trolt
HoM stuff IIRC.

Psyquis52

OK, I guess I'll take your word for it. roll eyes (sarcastic) I seemed to recall seeing weapons in that fight.

But wait a minute. There aren't any weapons in this fight are there?

Huh.

I guess that means Sabertooth wins.

Metalmanx
BP doesn't need weapons. He just kicks Sabretooth's ass.

BP for the win.

The-Judge
black panther

jinzin
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I seemed to recall seeing weapons in that fight.

But wait a minute. There aren't any weapons in this fight are there?

Huh.

I guess that means Sabertooth wins. sabrtooth also didn't appear to have a decent healing factor or an amdantium skeleton there... guess that's why house of m DOESN"T COUNT....

Originally posted by Metalmanx
BP doesn't need weapons. He just kicks Sabretooth's ass.

BP for the win. no

black panther is not going to succeed where killpower, mrs, marvel, sasquatch, wendigo, omega red, spiderman and sinisters supermen all failed to...

KharmaDog
sabrtooth also didn't appear to have a decent healing factor or an amdantium skeleton there... guess that's why house of m DOESN"T COUNT....

no

black panther is not going to succeed where killpower, mrs, marvel, sasquatch, wendigo, omega red, spiderman and sinisters supermen all failed to...

Don't pull out that sasquatch fight. That was PIS through and through. Wooden stakes going through the hid of a character that's hide (up till that point) was impervious to armour piercing machine gun fire. That hardly goes down as a win for Sabertooth.

srankmissingnin

616 Sabretooth has had close to half a dozen upgrades since his creation. Did HoM Sabretooth? Judging from is fight with Black Panther the answer is a clear no. Sabretooth has gotten into melee slug feasts with the likes of Warbird, Rogue, Killpower and Deathshead and either won or stalemated them (getting ko's with his brute strength). The established back grounds of all the characters were changed and none of them had the same experience (and upgrades) their 616 counter parts had. For example Wolverine lost to Fury in hand to hand, where as his 616 counter part beat the tar out of Nick... and he was holding back... and Nick Fury had prep time and brought weapons designed to take down the likes of the Hulk....

The only possible way Black Panther wins even 1/10 is if Sabretooth plays the odds, bets on Black Panther to win, takes a fall then cashs in on the 1/10000 odds.

jinzin
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Don't pull out that sasquatch fight. That was PIS through and through. Wooden stakes going through the hid of a character that's hide (up till that point) was impervious to armour piercing machine gun fire. That hardly goes down as a win for Sabertooth. i'm not counting it as a win.. I'm asking what makes BP more formidible in h2h when sasquatch punches did nothing but make sabretooth smile.

jinzin

contest of champs I

and I saw your scans however they mean poop to me since:

616 Sabretooth has had close to half a dozen upgrades since his creation. Did HoM Sabretooth? Judging from is fight with Black Panther the answer is a clear no. Sabretooth has gotten into melee slug feasts with the likes of Warbird, Rogue, Killpower and Deathshead and either won or stalemated them (getting ko's with his brute strength). The established back grounds of all the characters were changed and none of them had the same experience (and upgrades) their 616 counter parts had. For example Wolverine lost to Fury in hand to hand, where as his 616 counter part beat the tar out of Nick... and he was holding back... and Nick Fury had prep time and brought weapons designed to take down the likes of the Hulk....

The only possible way Black Panther wins even 1/10 is if Sabretooth plays the odds, bets on Black Panther to win, takes a fall then cashs in on the 1/10000 odds.

what he said.. no expression

Scoobless
Wouldn't Panther's anti-metal claws just... completely f**k up Sabretooth?... I mean, if parts of his skeletal structure just start disintegrating that would probably put him down for quite a while

jinzin
his bones aren't replaced in the admantium bonding process.. they're just covered up... so it probably wouldn't do much considering.

Scoobless
As far as I'm aware, Sabretooth got a similar treatment to wolverine... and when his Adamantium disappeared his healing factor was so maxed out that he almost died... and he needed weeks to recover .... and after he was up and around his healing factor was at the lowest it has ever been

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wouldn't Panther's anti-metal claws just... completely f**k up Sabretooth?... I mean, if parts of his skeletal structure just start disintegrating that would probably put him down for quite a while

His anti-metal claws aren't part of his standard equipment are they? Anyway assuming they are their are things to keep in mind. The first being that Sabretooth and Wolverine's adamantium bonding process isn't just the coating of bones of adamantium and bone but rather the fusing of adamantium and bone on the molecular level creating Adamantium Beta which is at least in part organic. Being partially organic in nature who can say what effect Antartic Vibranium would have on it. And even then when Pym used it on Ultron the adamantium wasn't liquified like other metals but rather weakened to the point to where they were able to bash the hell out of him... is that something Panther could do? And then they their is the fact that Victor's skeleton is covered with muscle far denser and more durable then a normal human and that the vibrations (if they had any effect at all) would need to come in contact with his bones first.

KharmaDog
i'm not counting it as a win.. I'm asking what makes BP more formidible in h2h when sasquatch punches did nothing but make sabretooth smile.

Once again, PIS. Sasquatches punches can stagger the hulk and knock Thing on his arse, but they just make Sabretooth smile?

That's just ridiculous.

Scoobless
His anti-metal claws aren't part of his standard equipment are they? Anyway assuming they are their are things to keep in mind. The first being that Sabretooth and Wolverine's adamantium bonding process isn't just the coating of bones of adamantium and bone but rather the fusing of adamantium and bone on the molecular level creating Adamantium Beta which is at least in part organic. Being partially organic in nature who can say what effect Antartic Vibranium would have on it. And even then when Pym used it on Ultron the adamantium wasn't liquified like other metals but rather weakened to the point to where they were able to bash the hell out of him... is that something Panther could do? And then they their is the fact that Victor's skeleton is covered with muscle far denser and more durable then a normal human and that the vibrations (if they had any effect at all) would need to come in contact with his bones first.

I think the claws are standard equipment

The adamantium may be bonded to bone but the metal itself is still completely inorganic... the effects of Anti-metal can't be seen working at a distance though... shouldn't need to actually touch anything (I think)

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9569/a105mr1.th.jpg http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5485/a106mn5.th.jpg http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5342/a107zk4.th.jpg http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1002/a108hw9.th.jpg

As for Giant Man punching Ultron during the process... I'm reasonably sure that that act was completely irrelevant to the metal dissolving/breaking apart... it just made him feel better

jinzin
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Once again, PIS. Sasquatches punches can stagger the hulk and knock Thing on his arse, but they just make Sabretooth smile?

That's just ridiculous. why? wolverine takes a redwood shot from hulk and gets back up.. sabretooth is a superhuman version of wolverine.. he should take the shots like how he took them. no expression

srankmissingnin
I think the claws are standard equipment

The adamantium may be bonded to bone but the metal itself is still completely inorganic... the effects of Anti-metal can't be seen working at a distance though... shouldn't need to actually touch anything (I think)

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9569/a105mr1.th.jpg http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5485/a106mn5.th.jpg http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5342/a107zk4.th.jpg http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1002/a108hw9.th.jpg

As for Giant Man punching Ultron during the process... I'm reasonably sure that that act was completely irrelevant to the metal dissolving/breaking apart... it just made him feel better

The vibrations were working on much weaker metals from afar all they did to Primary Adamantium (even from that close) was weaken its durability and make it brittle enough for someone with Superstrenght to break. Nothing was happening until Giant Man started bashing him and to think that he would have dissolved otherwise is speculation. Maybe he would have exposed to the vibrations over an exposed period if time but once again that is speculation.

Wolverine's bones are a fusion of Adamtium and Bone. There is no bone and there is no adamantium, they are one in the same bonded on the molecular level. Wolverine (and Sabretooth's) adamantium skeleton is part organic in nature.

Scoobless
The vibrations were working on much weaker metals from afar all they did to Primary Adamantium (even from that close) was weaken its durability and make it brittle enough for someone with Superstrenght to break. Nothing was happening until Giant Man started bashing him and to think that he would have dissolved otherwise is speculation. Maybe he would have exposed to the vibrations over an exposed period if time but once again that is speculation.

Nothing was happening at first because the Anti-metal had only just been taken out of it's shielded containers... all Giant Man really did was hold Ultron in place.... he was punching him in the head and chest .... but his entire body dissolved.... the impact of the punches didn't matter at all

Grimm22
Jesus, Wolverine and Sabertooth's durability is EXTREMELY overrated

srankmissingnin
Nothing was happening at first because the Anti-metal had only just been taken out of it's shielded containers... all Giant Man really did was hold Ultron in place.... he was punching him in the head and chest .... but his entire body dissolved.... the impact of the punches didn't matter at all

He had him on the ground and was punching the heck out him in the silhouette. I figured he thats where he broke his body.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Grimm22
Jesus, Wolverine and Sabertooth's durability is EXTREMELY overrated

Some people might say that but other more accurate people would say that you have no idea what you're talking about. But whats new?

Grimm22
Some people might say that but other more accurate people would say that you have no idea what you're talking about. But whats new?

Dude no expression

Saying that Wolverine can take punches that would kill people MUCH tougher than Wolverine is ridiculous.

Wolverine's bones arent laced with vibranium, they dont absorb shock

srankmissingnin
Dude no expression

Saying that Wolverine can take punches that would kill people MUCH tougher than Wolverine is ridiculous.

Wolverine's bones arent laced with vibranium, they dont absorb shock

And thus the healing factor.

Technically every punch from a high end brick "kills" Wolverine as they most certainly stop his heart... hell even Spider-man is strong enough to stop a mans heart with a punch using a fraction of his strength. But Wolverine has a healing factor and it repairs the damage almost instantly. It has been said that Hulk turns Wolverine into jelly when he hits him but his healing factor deals with the damage before the next attack. So you can take some small comfort in the fact the he was technically dead... if only for a moment.

Grimm22
And thus the healing factor.

Wouldnt save him from a direct hit from people like Hulk

srankmissingnin
Wouldnt save him from a direct hit from people like Hulk

And once again we have Your Horribly Flawed Version of Wolverine vs The Actually Version of Wolverine.

Jesse7
And yet he has taken hits from hulk since the begining of his comic career and shrugs them off as nothing now a days, including a hulk raged thunder clap to the face.

Wolverine is underrated around here.

riceroost
Wouldnt save him from a direct hit from people like Hulk Yet we could post a couple thousand scans proving the opposite. Yet you would disregard them all because you are..... actually I dont know exactly what is wrong with your cognitive functions. Only an expert in the field could properly diagnose the inefficiency of your gray matter.

Grimm22
A full punch from Hulk would turn Wolverine's brain into nothing. no expression

Tha C-Master
his bones aren't replaced in the admantium bonding process.. they're just covered up... so it probably wouldn't do much considering. So wouldn't that be lacing?

Anyways BP would beat him in a comic, I can't quite say here though.

Grimm22
Originally posted by riceroost
Yet we could post a couple thousand scans proving the opposite. Yet you would disregard them all because you are..... actually I dont know exactly what is wrong with your cognitive functions. Only an expert in the field could properly diagnose the inefficiency of your gray matter.

Says the guy who said Wolverine was god and could jump 50 feet in the air no expression laughing

Tha C-Master
I have that quote in my sig because its funny (but not to make fun of him), that poor guy had a Wolverine avatar and said that, the comeback just made me laugh for an hour straight!

srankmissingnin
Says the guy who said Wolverine was god and could jump 50 feet in the air no expression laughing

He has done it... several times. Well, maybe not 50 but certainly 20-30 feet.

Big Sexy
A full punch from Hulk would turn Wolverine's brain into nothing. no expression Dude wolverine was first written as a hulk enemy.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Dude wolverine was first written as a hulk enemy.

Yeah no expression

But he wasnt taking full punches from Hulk now was he.

srankmissingnin
A full punch from Hulk would turn Wolverine's brain into nothing. no expression

It does. Remeber when I said that it was stated that the Hulk's punches turn Wolverine's orgins into jelly? Well get ready for this... the brain is an organ!

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Dude wolverine was first written as a hulk enemy. Why do people use that argument? It has no bearing on what he is now and it's not him, it's like me saying that Spiderman was originally meant to be an F4 villan, doesn't mean he'd be doing much now though against them.

Jesse7
Yeah no expression

Wolverine has taken straight full powered punches from the hulk multiple times, the Hulk once even used a full grown tree and hit wolverine with it so hard their was a nuclear mushroom cloud/explosion in the next panel, Wolverine then proceeds to immediately get back up and fight.

Tha C-Master
It does. Remeber when I said that it was stated that the Hulk's punches turn Wolverine's orgins into jelly? Well get ready for this... the brain is an organ! laughing

srankmissingnin
Yeah no expression

He was slammed to the groud with "earth shattering force" with out being ko'ed and he was concious in Incredible Hulk 183 ready for round two when the Canadain Government extracted him from the field.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Jesse7
Wolverine has taken straight full powered punches from the hulk multiple times, the Hulk once even used a full grown tree and hit wolverine with it so hard their was a nuclear mushroom cloud/explosion in the next panel, Wolverine then proceeds to immediately get back up and fight.

First, that dosent even make sense no expression

Hitting someone with a tree wouldnt cause an explosion.

Second, Hulk has picked up an island before, so you might as well say Wolverine can survive having an island dropped on him

Accel
And yet he has taken hits from hulk since the begining of his comic career and shrugs them off as nothing now a days, including a hulk raged thunder clap to the face.

Wolverine is underrated around here.
He doesn't really shrug them off. He just gets time to heal form them. Hulk punches him, sneds him flying, then Logan gets some time to heal.

Which reminds me of this thread...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385547

Jesse7
First, that dosent even make sense no expression

Hitting someone with a tree wouldnt cause an explosion.

Second, Hulk has picked up an island before, so you might as well say Wolverine can survive having an island dropped on him

Actually if you want to get technical about feats....he has survived worse in terms of force, pressure and mass, via the H-bomb being dropping on his face/chest, and one panel later hes fully regenerated, with pants still intact.

Grimm22
Actually if you want to get technical about feats....he has survived worse in terms of force, pressure and mass, via the H-bomb being dropping on his face/chest, and one panel later hes fully regenerated, with pants still intact.

And you dont find it stupid in way first that he survived a bomb that should disingrate him

or even the fact that his pants survived?!?! What the f**k?

Tha C-Master

Wolverine is underrated around here. laughing I agree you'll see quite a few people taking the piss with him, but underrated I think not.

srankmissingnin
And you dont find it stupid in way first that he survived a bomb that should disingrate him

or even the fact that his pants survived?!?! What the f**k?

Hulks pants have survived at least two Nuclear explotions that I can recall. It has more to do with the rating of the comic and the fact that no one wants to see a naked Hulk... and we see a naked Wolverine far too often.

Tha C-Master
Hulks pants have survived at least two Nuclear explotions that I can recall. It has more to do with the rating of the comic and the fact that no one wants to see a naked Hulk... and we see a naked Wolverine far too often. Hulk Pants... those things are special. smile

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
laughing I agree you'll see quite a few people taking the piss with him, but underrated I think not.

He is extremely untreated here CM. To the point I have to end up supporting him in threads where I think he losses.

Grimm22
Hulks pants have survived at least two Nuclear explotions that I can recall. It has more to do with the rating of the comic and the fact that no one wants to see a naked Hulk... and we see a naked Wolverine far too often.

True erm

Naked Wolverine <<<<<<< Wolverine with Pants yes

Still though everybody knows Hulk's pants are powered by his super gamma pants factor big grin

srankmissingnin
Still though everybody knows Hulk's pants are powered by his super gamma pants factor big grin

I might have known... but I didn't. sad

Tha C-Master
He is extremely untreated here CM. To the point I have to end up supporting him in threads where I think he losses. Like I said, people take the piss with him, which causes people to defend him in matches where he stands no chance. I've said all of this before. But some people seroiusly overrate him, this causes people to take the piss with him, a neverending cycle.

Typical thread.

Wolverine vs Emma:

Poster 1: Wolverine loses, easy

Poster 2: Wolverine loses

Poster 3: WOlverine wins (sarcasm)

Poster 4: Why does everyone underrate wolverine, one time he....

This goes on for the rest of the thread...

Accel
It was a napalm bomb meant for Venom- no where near as powerful as an H-bomb.

srankmissingnin
Like I said, people take the piss with him, which causes people to defend him in matches where he stands no chance. I've said all of this before. But some people seroiusly overrate him, this causes people to take the piss with him, a neverending cycle.

Typical thread.

Wolverine vs Emma:

Poster 1: Wolverine loses, easy

Poster 2: Wolverine loses

Poster 3: WOlverine wins (sarcasm)

Poster 4: Why does everyone underrate wolverine, one time he....

This goes on for the rest of the thread...

Yeah but know one post in threads like that say that Wolverine wins. People think that the mere fact that someone created the thread means that someone thinks that some believes Wolverine can win... but it doesn't. It is just a way for the thread poster to let other posters know "Hey, I don't like Wolverine either" and they all get together and talk about mysterious phantom legions of Wolverine Fanboys (*cough* *cough* they don't exisit *cough* *cough*) that over rated him so... even though these so called Hordes of Wolverine Fanboys roughly translates into Jinzin, Capt and myself... and all it takes to be a Wolverine fanboy is the crazy roll eyes (sarcastic) believe that Wolverine stands a chance against Spider-man.

Aside from one or two posters who show up with the word Wolverine/Logan in their screen name fallowed by some numerical value there really isn't a problem with Wolverine overation at all...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Accel

But it does smell better.... In the morning.... or so I have been led to believe

no expression

Jesse7
Originally posted by Accel

Technically it couldn't have been a napalm bomb, since it had a nuclear mushroom cloud in the next panel, that and unlike a napalm bomb everything was completely gone as far as the horizon, leveled in the panel after the mushroom cloud.

Scoobless
these so called Hordes of Wolverine Fanboys roughly translates into Jinzin, Capt and myself...

I was thinking the same thing.... but was too polite to point it out first.....

big grin

You f**king fanboy scum!

evil face

Scoobless
Technically it couldn't have been a napalm bomb, since it had a nuclear mushroom cloud in the next panel, that and unlike a napalm bomb everything was completely gone as far as the horizon, leveled in the panel after the mushroom cloud.

Ahhh... not true.... if it was just napalm being dropped I would agree... but "napalm bomb" (and the way it was delivered) indicate another explosive compound within the shell which could account for the visible results

Jesse7
Ahhh... not true.... if it was just napalm being dropped I would agree... but "napalm bomb" (and the way it was delivered) indicate another explosive compound within the shell which could account for the visible results

The visible results I.E. the mushroom cloud, likely indicates it was nuclear, hehe.

Grimm22
these so called Hordes of Wolverine Fanboys roughly translates into Jinzin, Capt and myself...

Bah erm

You arent a fanboy. A fan. But not a fanboy

The REAL fanboys are Capt and Riceroost

srankmissingnin
I was thinking the same thing.... but was too polite to point it out first.....

big grin

You f**king fanboy scum!

evil face

Bah erm

You arent a fanboy. A fan. But not a fanboy

The REAL fanboys are Capt and Riceroost

Oh no! Conflicting opinions... gah! For the sake of all that is holy, one of these needs to be retconned for the sake of KMC continuity!

Srank: Fanboy or Fan? Vote now?

Scoobless
The visible results I.E. the mushroom cloud, likely indicates it was nuclear, hehe.

Not necessarily, Mushroom cloads can occur from any explosion..... they're just far more visible from Nukes.... which is kinda ironic as there will be less people around to see it after a nuke goes off

srankmissingnin
Not necessarily, Mushroom cloads can occur from any explosion..... they're just far more visible from Nukes.... which is kinda ironic as there will be less people around to see it after a nuke goes off

Anything that can create a sudden burst of superhot low density gas with create Mushroom cloud.

Dinkus Mayhem
Black Panther has made plans ahead of time for most possible threats, including Galactus. Sabretooth shouldn't be much of an issue for him in my opinion...hell he most likely has plans for him already (just like Batman makes plans to take out rogue JL members)...

http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus.jpg

His senses are highly advanced, Doom makes a comment here about them...

http://img49.exs.cx/img49/5764/storm3.jpg

His fighting skills are on par with the very best in the Marvel universe, here he takes out Namor...Panther's skills are considered to be up there with the likes of Captain America...

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16aw1.jpg

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28no.jpg

Even though Panther doesn't have prep time, he still gets his armor and claws. His armor is made of a vibranium mesh and absorbs kinetic energy in a way not unlike Captain America's sheild, and his claws are made of a different vibranium (the anti-metal variety) which liquifies metals up to and including adamantium.

In this scan the vibranium on his boots halts the momentum of a car thrown by the Hulk, this is the same vibranium used to mesh his armor, would a punch from Sabretooth do anything to him at all? I doubt it.

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17ov.jpg

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26zz1.jpg

His stealth can bypass most any system. These scans show him doing what no other Avengers could do, bypass the security of Ultron...

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=possible4tp.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sentinels8cn.jpg

This is a good description of Black Panther, note how global ignorance is cited as the main reason he is underrated...

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=position275sn.jpg

Here he is cited as being "one of the greatest men of our times"...

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classic301xu.jpg

There are just for fun....Black Panther vs Mephisto

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto2.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto3.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto4.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto5.jpg

http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto6.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto7.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto8.jpg

He has even defeated the Panther god, the very same god that grants his power and is vastly more powerful than Black Panther himself...

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/1249/vg3.jpg

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/2325/vg2.jpg

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/1249/vg3.jpg

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/3798/vg4.jpg

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/4173/vg5.jpg

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/9641/vg7.jpg

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/4048/vg8.jpg

Black Panther deserves more respect than he is getting in this thread, to think that Sabretooth can do more than get his ass kicked here is retarded. yes

I think some people really need to go to his respect thread and become educated about the man...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t405357.html

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
Black Panther has made plans ahead of time for most possible threats, including Galactus. Sabretooth shouldn't be much of an issue for him in my opinion...

http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus.jpg

His senses are highly advanced, Doom makes a comment here about them...

http://img49.exs.cx/img49/5764/storm3.jpg

His fighting skills are on par with the very best in the Marvel universe, here he takes out Namor...Panther's skills are considered to be up there with the likes of Captain America...

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16aw1.jpg

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28no.jpg

Even though Panther doesn't have prep time, he still gets his armor and claws. His armor is made of a vibranium mesh and absorbs kinetic energy in a way not unlike Captain America's sheild, and his claws are made of a different vibranium (the anti-metal variety) which liquifies metals up to and including adamantium.

In this scan the vibranium on his boots halts the momentum of a car thrown by the Hulk, this is the same vibranium used to mesh his armor, would a punch from Sabretooth do anything to him at all? I doubt it.

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17ov.jpg

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26zz1.jpg

His stealth can bypass most any system. These scans show him doing what no other Avengers could do, bypass the security of Ultron...

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=possible4tp.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sentinels8cn.jpg

This is a good description of Black Panther, note how global ignorance is cited as the main reason he is underrated...

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=position275sn.jpg

Here he is cited as being "one of the greatest men of our times"...

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classic301xu.jpg

There are just for fun....Black Panther vs Mephisto

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto2.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto3.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto4.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto5.jpg

http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto6.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto7.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mephisto8.jpg

He has even defeated the Panther god, the very same god that grants his power and is vastly more powerful than Black Panther himself...

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/1249/vg3.jpg

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/2325/vg2.jpg

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/1249/vg3.jpg

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/3798/vg4.jpg

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/4173/vg5.jpg

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/9641/vg7.jpg

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/4048/vg8.jpg

Black Panther deserves more respect than he is getting in this thread, to think that Sabretooth can do more than get his ass kicked here is retarded. yes

I think some people really need to go to his respect thread and become educated about the man...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t405357.html

So.... which of those led you to beleive he is a match of Sabretooth? Aside form the Panther God feat Wolverine has dublicated or surpassed every one of those examples. Aside from fighting skills and the possible exception his healing factor Sabretooth is far superior to Wolverine in every way.

Dinkus Mayhem
And so what if Wolverine can do some of this, is Wolverine in this fight? Didn't think so. Besides that, in a fight between Wolverine and Sabretooth who would win? Not Sabretooth obviously.

Can you show me something that would lead me to believe Sabretooth is anywhere close to this level?

batdude123
Sabretooth ftw.

Dinkus Mayhem
Bah...you're just jealous that Black Panther is better than Batman. eek!

Just kidding of course. wink

srankmissingnin
And so what if Wolverine can do some of this, is Wolverine in this fight? Didn't think so. Besides that, in a fight between Wolverine and Sabretooth who would win? Not Sabretooth obviously.

Can you show me something that would lead me to believe Sabretooth is anywhere close to this level?

Sabretooth is better then Wolverine in every way. Wolverine only wins with the help of hand dandy plot devices in a straight up fight Wolverine can't beat him.

Scoobless
Bah...you're just jealous that Black Panther is better than Batman. eek!

Just kidding of course. wink

Kidding nothing... the Panther IS better than Batman!

manjaro
i cant believe that these words are coming from me but sabretooth is a tad overrated here...yeah he's a good fighter but he's used to taking on A. ppl who cant fight at all and he just victimzes them or B. ppl who cant fight as well as he can...out of all the matches he's had with wolverine a scant few of them have been decisive w/ logan always edging him out...ppl always wanna jump on Doom and Batman's bandwagon about pre time and all that but T'challa is the strategist to end all strategists...and this guy eats sleeps and breathes h2h...

you gotta remember that at any moment somebody can step up and challenge him for the throne in rite of combat so he's in tip top shape year round, and he's extremly agile, especially in the gymnastics department. and like i said you've never seen sabretooth doing that Matt Murdock...shang chi...iron fist...graceful ballerina style fighting, its always pouncing on ppl, and mauling and ripping shit with his claws til ppl stop moving...BP isnt like spiderman who's gonna be there trading quips, and dodgin him all day without reprisal. admittledy a straight up fight wouldnt be easy for BP but he'll still pull out with a win

Psyquis52
I'm going to go ahead and risk sounding like a Sabertooth fanboy and say that I think this debate has gotten way out of hand.

Look. Strength belongs to Sabertooth.
Healing Factor belongs to Sabertooth
Sabertooth has better senses.
The fighting ability thing has always been refutable on both ends.

Sabertooth should take BP nearly every time.
Not joking.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by manjaro
i cant believe that these words are coming from me but sabretooth is a tad overrated here...yeah he's a good fighter but he's used to taking on A. ppl who cant fight at all and he just victimzes them or B. ppl who cant fight as well as he can...out of all the matches he's had with wolverine a scant few of them have been decisive w/ logan always edging him out...ppl always wanna jump on Doom and Batman's bandwagon about pre time and all that but T'challa is the strategist to end all strategists...and this guy eats sleeps and breathes h2h...

you gotta remember that at any moment somebody can step up and challenge him for the throne in rite of combat so he's in tip top shape year round, and he's extremly agile, especially in the gymnastics department. and like i said you've never seen sabretooth doing that Matt Murdock...shang chi...iron fist...graceful ballerina style fighting, its always pouncing on ppl, and mauling and ripping shit with his claws til ppl stop moving...BP isnt like spiderman who's gonna be there trading quips, and dodgin him all day without reprisal. admittledy a straight up fight wouldnt be easy for BP but he'll still pull out with a win Sabertooth's career revolves around his lethality.
He's extremely agile. The thing with Sabertooth is a lot of times he's agile and you don't see him do it..
This is because he's stealthy. Very stealthy.
Many times a character will be fighting Sabertooth or going after Sabertooth and he's gone then right behind them before they know what happened.
Fact is...you don't see half of what Sabertooth is doing a lot of times.
When it gets down to one on one though Sabertooth's advantage is extreme close range. That's where his claws and teeth can get a hold of his victim. Not to mention, in this particular instance, his superior strength. So yeah, he claws and mangles.

Dinkus Mayhem
Kidding nothing... the Panther IS better than Batman!

That is possible I guess, I would have to sit down and take another look at both of them. Both have high end feats, but in truth most of Batman's feats come with the benefit of prep time.

Straight up no prep BP is probably better, I just like Batman as a character more. embarrasment

Wolverine (powerless) vs Sabretooth:

http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1a.jpg
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1b.jpg
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1c.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1d.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1e.jpg
http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1f.jpg
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1h.jpg
http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1i.jpg
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1j.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1k.jpg
http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1l.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1m.jpg
http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1n.jpg
http://img106.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1o.jpg

Sabretooth doesn't appear to be better than Wolverine here, didn't see any plot devices either, in fact the only plot device here is that Wolverine has no powers and that would seem to favor Sabretooth. So Sabretooth is much better than Logan eh? Call me crazy, but if a powerless Wolverine can take him I think that proves you wrong srank. You're falling behind here, got anything to make me think differently yet?

Just for the record, I hate having to defend Wolverine. sad

srankmissingnin
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361573&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

That will have to do until I get my comics. Can't that I actually have to prove that Sabretooth is better then Wolverine... that is pretty much common knowledge.

Scoobless
That is possible I guess, I would have to sit down and take another look at both of them. Both have high end feats, but in truth most of Batman's feats come with the benefit of prep time.

Straight up no prep BP is probably better, I just like Batman as a character more. embarrasment

http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1a.jpg
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1b.jpg
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1c.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1d.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1e.jpg
http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1f.jpg
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1h.jpg
http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1i.jpg
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1j.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1k.jpg
http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1l.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1m.jpg
http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php...ogantooth1n.jpg
http://img106.imagevenue.com/img.ph...ogantooth1o.jpg

Sabretooth doesn't appear to be better than Wolverine here, didn't see any plot devices either, in fact the only plot device here is that Wolverine has no powers and that would seem to favor Sabretooth. So Sabretooth is much better than Logan eh? Call me crazy, but if a powerless Wolverine can take him I think that proves you wrong srank. You're falling behind here, got anything to make me think differently yet?

Just for the record, I hate having to defend Wolverine. sad

Those links don't work...sad

Darth Vegas
sabrtooth also didn't appear to have a decent healing factor or an amdantium skeleton there... guess that's why house of m DOESN"T COUNT....

Sabretooth's healing factor seemed to be working just fine......until BP lopped his head off.

BP's anti-metal claws can render both metal and bone (or any combination there of). He shouldn't have trouble inflicting some serious hurt on Sabretooth.

contest of champs I

Scans?

Obviously, I don't have the issue.

I still can't see Sabretooth beating Black Panther. The only edges that Sabretooth really has over BP are a healing factor and heightened senses (senses that surpass even BP's impressive senses). And those edges just aren't enough to give Sabretooth a win here.

Skillwise, BP's fighting ability far surpasses Sabretooth's.

Strength? Please. Not a factor. BP has beaten opponents much stronger than Sabretooth.

Until I see a scan that even remotely implies BP being defeated at the hands of Sabretooth, I'm not going to believe otherwise.

srankmissingnin

It is just the fight from... Wolverine 173 maybe where Sabretooth "fights" Wolverine after he hired Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike to beat him up. It is a non fight with Sabretooth toying with Wolverine while he herds him where he wants and then reveals that Weapon X didn't erase Wolverine's memories but rather his healing factor erased them. Sabretooth was just ****ing with Wolverine's head.

the Darkone
BP will hang sabertooth on his wall, along with ironman head big grin.

Psyquis52
Sabretooth's healing factor seemed to be working just fine......until BP lopped his head off.

BP's anti-metal claws can render both metal and bone (or any combination there of). He shouldn't have trouble inflicting some serious hurt on Sabretooth.

Scans?

I still can't see Sabretooth beating Black Panther. The only edges that Sabretooth really has over BP are a healing factor and heightened senses (senses that surpass even BP's impressive senses). And those edges just aren't enough to give Sabretooth a win here.

Strength? Please. Not a factor. BP has beaten opponents much stronger than Sabretooth.

Until I see a scan that even remotely implies BP being defeated at the hands of Sabretooth, I'm not going to believe otherwise. Okay. First of all what proof do you have that Sabertooth's fighting ability isn't on par with BP's? BP might be a little better but it's not FAR better. You can forget that.

Secondly. Sure BP has beaten people stronger than him before.
But that was with prep time, weapons or a severe difference in fighting abilities. BP's fighting styles tend to resemble various animals. Sabertooth is for the most part an animal. I think BP's clever fighting style will be put to the limits here and in the end it will be found wanting against a more powerful opponent.

Finally does anybody know where a guy can find some good ice-cream around midnight. I've got a severe craving and I'm coming short on options here.

Tha C-Master
Yeah but know one post in threads like that say that Wolverine wins. People think that the mere fact that someone created the thread means that someone thinks that some believes Wolverine can win... but it doesn't. It is just a way for the thread poster to let other posters know "Hey, I don't like Wolverine either" and they all get together and talk about mysterious phantom legions of Wolverine Fanboys (*cough* *cough* they don't exisit *cough* *cough*) that over rated him so... even though these so called Hordes of Wolverine Fanboys roughly translates into Jinzin, Capt and myself... and all it takes to be a Wolverine fanboy is the crazy roll eyes (sarcastic) believe that Wolverine stands a chance against Spider-man. No there were quite a few Wolverine fanboys at this forum defending him against Iron Man and *gripes* Godzilla. Things like that give him a bad rep, not stuff like Spiderman... trust me, they did it to themselves. Do I even have to mention Wolverine vs Metallo? Then it gets worse because the same select people defend him just because. I don't defend characters to be martyr and blame the forum, so that makes it look worse.

Aside from one or two posters who show up with the word Wolverine/Logan in their screen name fallowed by some numerical value there really isn't a problem with Wolverine overation at all... Wow dude I can name about 10-15 guys with Wolverine in their name at one time, and pull loads of threads. The guys a good anti-brick but people make him on the level of something else. And the PIS examples don't help much either in their case.

srankmissingnin
No there were quite a few Wolverine fanboys at this forum defending him against Iron Man and *gripes* Godzilla. Things like that give him a bad rep, not stuff like Spiderman... trust me, they did it to themselves. Do I even have to mention Wolverine vs Metallo? Then it gets worse because the same select people defend him just because. I don't defend characters to be martyr and blame the forum, so that makes it look worse.

Wow dude I can name about 10-15 guys with Wolverine in their name at one time, and pull loads of threads. The guys a good anti-brick but people make him on the level of something else. And the PIS examples don't help much either in their case.

The whole Godzilla thing is my fault. It was such I spite thread that I posted something ridiculous like "Wolverine will climb into his brain"... or something. Hehe and some people thought I was serious so I just ran with it for a while. It was pretty funny though. I'm sure I don't know even the half of the Wolverine trouble though since I only visit spite threads rarely... or if the make me angry and I only post in threads where I know both of the characters through and through, even though I know enough about almost every character to have an opinion on their fights.

Maybe the problem is I don't differentiate between posters with Logan/Wolverine *Random Numerical Value*

Dinkus Mayhem

Damn, here they are again...as srank said it is from Wolverine #173, Logan clearly got the better of him at the end though from what I can tell.

To be honest it isn't really them in a straight up fight, but each time they tangle in here Sabretooth isn't really coming out looking like a winner, and for Logan being depowered at the time that speaks volumes IMO.

http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=90597_logantooth1a.jpg
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b2870_logantooth1b.jpg
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=38756_logantooth1c.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=24eda_logantooth1d.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=6e2b8_logantooth1e.jpg
http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=97ac7_logantooth1f.jpg
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=2c401_logantooth1h.jpg
http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=9a1d8_logantooth1i.jpg
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=757f8_logantooth1j.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=4bfed_logantooth1k.jpg
http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=d4b5f_logantooth1l.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=5f850_logantooth1m.jpg
http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=de797_logantooth1n.jpg
http://img106.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=64677_logantooth1o.jpg

Dinkus Mayhem
Damn double post.

Tha C-Master
The whole Godzilla thing is my fault. It was such I spite thread that I posted something ridiculous like "Wolverine will climb into his brain"... or something. Hehe and some people thought I was serious so I just ran with it for a while. It was pretty funny though. I'm sure I don't know even the half of the Wolverine trouble though since I only visit spite threads rarely... or if the make me angry and I only post in threads where I know both of the characters through and through, even though I know enough about almost every character to have an opinion on their fights.

Maybe the problem is I don't differentiate between posters with Logan/Wolverine *Random Numerical Value* I thought you were serious about godzilla, it seemed so. There were a few others defending him as well, nevertheless no need for two of the same threads. So I'll let this go and keep this on topic.

jinzin
Sabretooth's healing factor seemed to be working just fine......until BP lopped his head off. a few clips from a handgun putting sabretooth down is nto a healing factor that's working "just fine" not for a guy who heals faster than wolverine by wolverine's own admission, only got winded by a full automatic clip poured into him from punisher before admantium, stood and mocked deadpool as deadpool unloaded 2 full automatic clips into him at point blank after admantium, fought after being burnt to charcoal by sunfire, outfought omega red and his tenticles in spite of death pheramones and took optic blasts from 9 attackers and stood up to it

BP's anti-metal claws can render both metal and bone (or any combination there of). He shouldn't have trouble inflicting some serious hurt on Sabretooth. fair enough but at what cost?

Scans?

Until I see a scan that even remotely implies BP being defeated at the hands of Sabretooth, I'm not going to believe otherwise.

(sigh) okay, have it your way..... consider yourself "jinzined"

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4965841

Daredevil1
Did the Sabretooth that BP fought had adamantium??

I thought Sabreooth got the works in a power up/ adamantium when he last fought Logan and owned him?

Darth Vegas

(sigh) okay, have it your way..... consider yourself "jinzined"

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4965841

Hardly.

Black Panther - "....must..."

Must what?

Show the next page. Show what happened in the next panel.

That page doesn't show a decisive victory. Not as decisive as getting one's head chopped off, mind you. It shows BP being thrown about and choked. There's hardly anything decisive about that.

I'll guarantee that Sabretooth did not get the decisive victory over Black Panther in that comic.

jinzin
Hardly.

Black Panther - "....must..."

Must what?

Show the next page. Show what happened in the next panel.

That page doesn't show a decisive victory. Not as decisive as getting one's head chopped off, mind you. It shows BP being thrown about and choked. There's hardly anything decisive about that.

I'll guarantee that Sabretooth did not get the decisive victory over Black Panther in that comic.

don't have the next scan.. though I'll tell you what happens.. BP kicks sabe's head off revealing it's a robot.. the point is... if a robot imposter can almost kill PB, and a depowered version of sabes can give BP a run for his money then the REAL sabretooth... is going to outright kill BP... again... BP is not more of an adversary than wendigo... or death's head... or kill power... or rogue... or sinisters supermen... or omega red.... or mrs. marvel.... all victims to a no fooling around sabretooth.

jinzin
okay now explain to me why you think HOM is an acceptable source when sabretooth has trouble vs. 2 bullets and a couple of punches even though 616 sabretooth can do this...

jinzin
speaking of which why is it acceptable for BP's blows to be so effective that they actually give sabretooth brain damage even though mrs. marvel couldn't even put sabretooth down? erm

bigbran
okay now explain to me why you think HOM is an acceptable source when sabretooth has trouble vs. 2 bullets and a couple of punches even though 616 sabretooth can do this... Even though BP's tech is so far above a normal handgun?

bigbran
Does this look like a "normal" handgun?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by bigbran

1) The entry wound was small
2) If there was a bullet casing it passed right through if not it was a laser (either way an easy heal)

616 Sabretooth wouldn't have even flinched from a wound like that. He likely would have grinned, made some sort of quip... and then kicked Black Panther's ass.

Darth Vegas
don't have the next scan.. though I'll tell you what happens.. BP kicks sabe's head off revealing it's a robot.. the point is... if a robot imposter can almost kill PB, and a depowered version of sabes can give BP a run for his money then the REAL sabretooth... is going to outright kill BP...

That's pure speculation on your part.

Completely baseless.

srankmissingnin
That's pure speculation on your part.

Completely baseless.

Says the man using a HoM example as the pillar of his Black Panther wins argument. Amusing.

Grimm22

Only Hudlin would ever write "You got me straight trippin boo" in a comic laughing

bigbran
1) The entry wound was small
2) If there was a bullet casing it passed right through if not it was a laser (either way an easy heal)1) Doesn't matter, if it was small, it still ripped right through him.

2) He still healed easy. Plus it looked like it went through his heart.(or close)

The point is that it wasn't a normal gun.

616 Sabretooth wouldn't have even flinched from a wound like that. He likely would have grinned, made some sort of quip... and then kicked Black Panther's ass. So he wouldn't have flinched from getting something ripping right through him? And wouldn't this also be speculation?
Plus, wasn't that 616 Sabes? He was afterall, talking about Storm.

Darth Vegas
Says the man using a HoM example as the pillar of his Black Panther wins argument. Amusing.

Funny, I'm not the one who showed a scan of Black Panther fighting a robot as the pillar of my argument.

srankmissingnin
1) Doesn't matter, if it was small, it still ripped right through him.

2) He still healed easy. Plus it looked like it went through his heart.(or close)

The point is that it wasn't a normal gun.

So he wouldn't have flinched from getting something ripping right through him? And wouldn't this also be speculation?
Plus, wasn't that 616 Sabes? He was afterall, talking about Storm.

It doesn't matter what kind of gun it was, there is only so much damage it could do based on the side of the entry wound. It didn't fire an explosive round. It didn't fire multiple rounds per second. It wasn't a laser or the wound have been sealed. The only thing that would have been different the a normal gun may have been the speed of the bullet its self... which doesn't matter. The bullet right through him is the best thing that could happen. It means that the bullet didn't clip of his shoulder blade and ricochet through his body causing more damage and leaving a shell causing in the wound making it harder to heal and leaving the possibility of an infection. Of course for Sabretooth that only means it would take a fraction of a second longer to heal.

He healed easy? He was on the ground in a pool of his own blood. Sabretooth has strolled into to machine gun fire with out even flinching. It's isn't speculation... since... you know, it's happened numerous times.

... it was HoM Sabretooth, not 616 Sabretooth have some sort of connection to Storm means nothing.

srankmissingnin
Funny, I'm not the one who showed a scan of Black Panther fighting a robot as the pillar of my argument.

I'm pretty sure the pillar of jinzin argument may have something to do with Sabretooth being emensily superior to Black Panther in every way (you know class 20 strenght, superhuman speed/agility and a better healing factor then Wolverine's and all that jazz). Maybe I'm wrong though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Vegas
I'm pretty sure the pillar of jinzin argument may have something to do with Sabretooth being emensily superior to Black Panther in every way (you know class 20 strenght, superhuman speed/agility and a better healing factor then Wolverine's and all that jazz). Maybe I'm wrong though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yup.

I'd say you are. All that jazz doesn't matter.

Black Panther for the win.

srankmissingnin
Yup.

I'd say you are. All that jazz doesn't matter.

Black Panther for the win.

If Sabretooth sat in a chair and let Black Panther beat on him with out retailiation, Black Panther would pass out for exhaustion before Sabretooth started to show any wear and tear. Nothing Black Panther has in his standard equipment even comes close to having what it takes to put Sabretooth down if only for a ten count. He can't last in melee more then 20 seconds and he can't keep Sabretooth at range. How does he win? How does even get a tie?

bigbran
It doesn't matter what kind of gun it was, there is only so much damage it could do based on the side of the entry wound. It didn't fire an explosive round. It didn't fire multiple rounds per second. It wasn't a laser or the wound have been sealed. The only thing that would have been different the a normal gun may have been the speed of the bullet its self... which doesn't matter. The bullet right through him is the best thing that could happen. It means that the bullet didn't clip of his shoulder blade and ricochet through his body causing more damage and leaving a shell causing in the wound making it harder to heal and leaving the possibility of an infection. Of course for Sabretooth that only means it would take a fraction of a second longer to heal. Last time, BP's tech is so far above normal guns. As I have shown, it isn't a normal gun. Isn't his tech also above Iron Man's also?

He healed easy? He was on the ground in a pool of his own blood. Sabretooth has strolled into to machine gun fire with out even flinching. It's isn't speculation... since... you know, it's happened numerous times. Since... you know, he just got blasted right through the heart, heals a panel later. I'de call that a good showing.
He was on the floor because he was suprised, by how Black Panther shot him. (he even said it)When you get shot through the heart, you tend to bleed.

... it was HoM Sabretooth, not 616 Sabretooth have some sort of connection to Storm means nothing. Oh, I'm thinking of the 616 universe. Because BP married Storm, in a tie in to Civil War.

And here's my proof of Sabes being shot through the heart.

srankmissingnin
Last time, BP's tech is so far above normal guns. As I have shown, it isn't a normal gun. Isn't his tech also above Iron Man's also?

Since... you know, he just got blasted right through the heart, heals a panel later. I'de call that a good showing.
He was on the floor because he was suprised, by how Black Panther shot him. (he even said it)When you get shot through the heart, you tend to bleed.

Oh, I'm thinking of the 616 universe. Because BP married Storm, in a tie in to Civil War.

And here's my proof of Sabes being shot through the heart.

It doesn't matter how got his tech is, there is only so much damage that gun could have down (which I ready covered in both my last posts... if you'd like to read them). There was nothing that gun could have done to cause more damage then a normal one. Nothing. It wasn't firing multiple rounds per second. It wasn't firing explosive rounds. It wasn't a laser. The speed of the indavidual bullets may have been faster but that wouldn't do anything more the cause more tissue damage around the entry wound (and allow for it to penetrate armors) but it would do more internal damange.

Now try to fallow me for a moment okay. Sabretooth has a better healing factor then Wolverine. Lady Death Strike stabbed Wolverine in the heart. What happened? Nothing. He dropped his guard and she landed a fallow up attack; there wasn't even a break in combat. SHIELD Agent blows up Wolverine's heart. What happens? He grows a new one in three panels!. Even if that had hit his heart, Sabretooth wouldn't have even slowed his pace.

bigbran
It doesn't matter how got his tech is, there is only so much damage that gun could have down (which I ready covered in both my last posts... if you'd like to read them). There was nothing that gun could have done to cause more damage then a normal one. Nothing. It wasn't firing multiple rounds per second. It wasn't firing explosive rounds. It wasn't a laser. The speed of the indavidual bullets may have been faster but that wouldn't do anything more the cause more tissue damage around the entry wound (and allow for it to penetrate armors) but it would do more internal damange.

Now try to fallow me for a moment okay. Sabretooth has a better healing factor then Wolverine. Lady Death Strike stabbed Wolverine in the heart. What happened? Nothing. He dropped his guard and she landed a fallow up attack; there wasn't even a break in combat. SHIELD Agent blows up Wolverine's heart. What happens? He grows a new one in three panels!. Even if that had hit his heart, Sabretooth wouldn't have even slowed his pace. 1) I've read it, but, are you trying to figure out how powerful that gun was?
Not even a normal gun is going through a normal person. It was also powerful enough to knock him over.
The gun obviously hit harder and faster than a normal gun. Why is that so hard to give into? That wasn't even a bad feat either.

2) So basically when a bullet rips through Sabes heart, (when it hasn't been shown, not that I know of, to him) it was a bad feat?
It ripped through his heart, pushed him over. He was on the ground for that time because he was SURPRISED!
He wanted to know how BP did it.
Plus he got up and jumped really high, in a panel.
He didn't slow his combat either, because he wasn't doing anything to begin with. He was up and jumping, in a panel.
Plus Wolverine has survived a nuke(for some reason) He has way higher showings with his healing factor. You can't really compare there healing factors, when Wolverine's has shot up to unheard levels.

srankmissingnin
1) I've read it, but, are you trying to figure out how powerful that gun was?
Not even a normal gun is going through a normal person. It was also powerful enough to knock him over.
The gun obviously hit harder and faster than a normal gun. Why is that so hard to give into? That wasn't even a bad feat either.

2) So basically when a bullet rips through Sabes heart, (when it hasn't been shown, not that I know of, to him) it was a bad feat?
It ripped through his heart, pushed him over. He was on the ground for that time because he was SURPRISED!
He wanted to know how BP did it.
Plus he got up and jumped really high, in a panel.
He didn't slow his combat either, because he wasn't doing anything to begin with. He was up and jumping, in a panel.
Plus Wolverine has survived a nuke(for some reason) He has way higher showings with his healing factor. You can't really compare there healing factors, when Wolverine's has shot up to unheard levels.

I'm not the one trying to figure out how powerful the gun is, you are. I'm simply telling you how powerful it could be and how much damage it could do (which isn't that much) but you seem instant on ignoring what I have to say. Anyway Normal bullets pass through people all the time... and have enough force behind them to knock people over. It wasn't an ubre powerful gun and it didn't do any damage that Sabretooth couldn't heal in a fraction of a second. Wolverine's healing factor was once stated on being able to heal a bullet wound a decimeter behind the bullet it's self (once again Sabretooth has the better healing factor... even before his last upgrade). Any damage that had been done to Sabretooth would have been repaired before the bullet exited his body. The only possible thing special about that gun was, maybe, the speed of the bullet. If it had pierced 616 Sabretooth then the bullet was certainly traveling faster then normal as even with out his healing factor the high density of his muscles makes him border line bullet proof... and his healing factor heals around the bullet it's self robbing it of any momentum.

bigbran
I'm not the one trying to figure out how powerful the gun is, you are. I'm simply telling you how powerful it could be and how much damage it could do (which isn't that much) but you seem instant on ignoring what I have to say. Anyway Normal bullets pass through people all the time... and have enough force behind them to knock people over. It wasn't an ubre powerful gun and it didn't do any damage that Sabretooth couldn't heal in a fraction of a second. Wolverine's healing factor was once stated on being able to heal a bullet wound a decimeter behind the bullet it's self (once again Sabretooth has the better healing factor... even before his last upgrade). Any damage that had been done to Sabretooth would have been repaired before the bullet exited his body. The only possible thing special about that gun was, maybe, the speed of the bullet. If it had pierced 616 Sabretooth then the bullet was certainly traveling faster then normal as even with out his healing factor the high density of his muscles makes him border line bullet proof... and his healing factor heals around the bullet it's self robbing it of any momentum.
Normal bullets don't pass right through people like what happened to Sabes though. Plus, no normal gun is going to pass through Sabes, or knock him over. Would you agree with this?
If the bullet hit anywhere other than the heart, I might be agreeing with you, but as I have stated, he was there because he was surprised!!!
When something rips through your heart, and all you can think about, is, "how did he do that" I think that the bullet didn't do to much to him.

Plus, could you kindly tell me what Sabes best healing feat is?

Plus, like I said, he wasn't worried about what the bullet did. Do you realize what a bullet going right through your heart would do? He healed in one panel, and looked like he was able to get up and fight to.

The last part, would quite seem to make the gun seem way more powerful than a normal, on now wouldn't it?
It went right through him, he didn't heal around it, it went to fast and hard to do this. Obviously.
Plus, what is this argument about?

srankmissingnin
Normal bullets don't pass right through people like what happened to Sabes though. Plus, no normal gun is going to pass through Sabes, or knock him over. Would you agree with this?
If the bullet hit anywhere other than the heart, I might be agreeing with you, but as I have stated, he was there because he was surprised!!!
When something rips through your heart, and all you can think about, is, "how did he do that" I think that the bullet didn't do to much to him.

Plus, could you kindly tell me what Sabes best healing feat is?

Plus, like I said, he wasn't worried about what the bullet did. Do you realize what a bullet going right through your heart would do? He healed in one panel, and looked like he was able to get up and fight to.

The last part, would quite seem to make the gun seem way more powerful than a normal, on now wouldn't it?
It went right through him, he didn't heal around it, it went to fast and hard to do this. Obviously.
Plus, what is this argument about?

Sabretooth doesn't have many healing factor feats because most of the stuff he does happen off panel. How ever Wolverine coincided that Sabretooth healed faster then he did. Which can't be argued as the entire premise of his character is that he is better then Wolverine in ever way except for fighting skills and the possible except of intelligence (sabretooth is quite smart and cunning... but crazy as hell). He has down the usually though form shrugging of machine gun fire from entire platoons to shrugging of hits from high class bricks (that would liquefy his heart by the way).

The argument is that you seem to think that Sabretooth on the ground in a pool of his own blood is good feat, where as I know better.

Metalmanx
Hey, maybe you guys can help me out here.

Perhaps I'm a bit slow, but wasn't HOM canon? I mean, its outcome affected all of Marvel.

How is it not considerd 616 canon? confused

harri
sabertooth

harri
because he held a bomb in the wolvie vs sabertooth version

Darth Vegas
If Sabretooth sat in a chair and let Black Panther beat on him with out retailiation, Black Panther would pass out for exhaustion before Sabretooth started to show any wear and tear. Nothing Black Panther has in his standard equipment even comes close to having what it takes to put Sabretooth down if only for a ten count. He can't last in melee more then 20 seconds and he can't keep Sabretooth at range. How does he win? How does even get a tie?

BP's anti-metal claws and energy dagger are part of his standard equipment and IMO should be enough to put Sabretooth down. BP's anti-metal claws can damage Cap's shield (which is made of the hardest metal known in the Marvel universe), so he should have no problem rendering Sabretooth's bones and inflicting some serious damage as it breaks down the adamantium in them. I doubt that Sabretooth could easily shrug that off with a smile. As a range attack, BP could use his energy daggers if he so chooses.

Also, how is HoM not canon?

Vision is still dead (not talking about Iron Lad as the new Vision).
Hawkeye is still dead.
Scarlett Witch is still nuts.
All of those mutants lost their powers.
Prof. X and Polaris are still depowered.
Wolverine's total recollecton of his past.
The Collective.

HoM had an impact on the Marvel universe that is still felt today.

So how is it not canon?

jinzin
BP's anti-metal claws and energy dagger are part of his standard equipment and IMO should be enough to put Sabretooth down. BP's anti-metal claws can damage Cap's shield (which is made of the hardest metal known in the Marvel universe), so he should have no problem rendering Sabretooth's bones and inflicting some serious damage as it breaks down the adamantium in them. I doubt that Sabretooth could easily shrug that off with a smile. As a range attack, BP could use his energy daggers if he so chooses.

Also, how is HoM not canon?

Vision is still dead (not talking about Iron Lad as the new Vision).
Hawkeye is still dead.
Scarlett Witch is still nuts.
All of those mutants lost their powers.
Prof. X and Polaris are still depowered.
Wolverine's total recollecton of his past.
The Collective.

HoM had an impact on the Marvel universe that is still felt today.

So how is it not canon? uncle ben was alive... it's not canon get over it.

Darth Vegas
uncle ben was alive... it's not canon get over it.

Sabretooth's not beating BP.

Live with it.

jinzin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Hey, maybe you guys can help me out here.

Perhaps I'm a bit slow, but wasn't HOM canon? I mean, its outcome affected all of Marvel.

How is it not considerd 616 canon? confused okay I think people are confused here... alright.. WHILE the EVENTS did take place in the canon timeline at some point.. they still took place out of sync with the 616 timeline itself. The history of HOM that led up to it's ending is not the same history for the characters of the 616 MU....

if that fight was canon why is sabretooth still alive? why didn't he have his admantium during that fight? why was his healing factor working worse?

see the effects of the overall event are canon but the history leading up to that point is imaginary..

the fact that hawkeye was alive IN HOM should be enough to solidify that point.

jinzin
Sabretooth's not beating BP.

Live with it.

beating? nah.. sabretooth's will most likely not beat him, but shred him to pieces or rip him limb from limb, or eat his heart.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

sorry but thems the breaks.

Darth Vegas
beating? nah.. sabretooth's will most likely not beat him, but shred him to pieces or rip him limb from limb, or eat his heart.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

sorry but thems the breaks.

Nah.

Again, until Sabretooth even comes close to defeating BP decisively in a comic, I'm going to believe otherwise.

jinzin
well then the two need to actually fight in a comic... not the depowered HOM version.. but the REAL 616 version.. you know the one that killed wendigo...

see you don't seem to haven any good reasoning TO believe otherwise other than something that didn't even really take place... so... erm

bigbran
Sabretooth doesn't have many healing factor feats because most of the stuff he does happen off panel. How ever Wolverine coincided that Sabretooth healed faster then he did. Which can't be argued as the entire premise of his character is that he is better then Wolverine in ever way except for fighting skills and the possible except of intelligence (sabretooth is quite smart and cunning... but crazy as hell). He has down the usually though form shrugging of machine gun fire from entire platoons to shrugging of hits from high class bricks (that would liquefy his heart by the way). Yes, I know this, but has he ever really backed it up on panel?
Wolverine has. What is Sabes best healing feat?

The argument is that you seem to think that Sabretooth on the ground in a pool of his own blood is good feat, where as I know better. Obviously I'm ignoring the blood part. ( I know better than that)
I'm saying the "good feat" lies in repairing his heart, and leaping in the next panel. He was down for one panel, and the only reason he was still down, was because he was asking BP how he shot him like that.
Good feat? In your opinion, no. But in mine, it is a good feat.

Grimm22
Honestly anything written by Hudlin isnt Canon wink

braz
i change my decision on this. IMO Sabretooth wins it 7/10. that is, of course were talking about Sabes after he gets the adamantium bonded to his bones too and the 4 claws on each hand wink

Darth Vegas
see you don't seem to haven any good reasoning TO believe otherwise other than something that didn't even really take place... so... erm

Yeah, but you also don't have any good reasoning to believe otherwise as well.

On the same token, Sabretooth soundly defeating Black Panther technically has never taken place either. Am I right?

You're just going by who Sabretooth beat. Impressive as the list may be, it doesn't necessarily mean that Sabretooth can beat BP just as handily. I think that you're severely underestimating BP's resourcefulness, wits, intellect, and cunning. He's not going to fight Sabretooth's game and match raw power with raw power, etc. BP is much too clever for that.

jinzin
Originally posted by braz
i change my decision on this. IMO Sabretooth wins it 7/10. that is, of course were talking about Sabes after he gets the adamantium bonded to his bones too and the 4 claws on each hand wink that's ultimate sabretooth... he's not in this discussion... confused

xmarksthespot
Class 20?

invisiblewoman
bp ftw

Grimm22
Classic Sabes without the Adamantium is 10x cooler than Sabes with adamantium wink

Dreampanther

That is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long, long time angel

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>