family guy, simpsons, or sothpark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord griffin
smokin' out of all the cartoons i think that these ones are some of the most known, and that people argue about witch one is better, so i decide to do a poll and ask what you gives think. me, im a family guy my self.smokin'

PeterGriffin
sothpark 4 da win!!1

SelphieT
they are all kickass. But they all probably came from the simpsons.

MJOILNIR
Family Guy...Stewie rocks... I like king of the hill too.

PeterGriffin
American Dad for the win!

SelphieT
American Dad sucks.

SelphieT
EXCEPT for Roger. He's the coolest of them all.

The fish isn't too bad either.

Thunder Fox
family first
south park second
simpsons third

PeterGriffin
Originally posted by SelphieT
American Dad sucks.

YOU suck. Owned smokin'

Jeez I must be bored as hell...

Yeah the fish owns, wish they had more of him disgust

SelphieT
Originally posted by PeterGriffin
YOU suck. Owned smokin'

Jeez I must be bored as hell...

Yeah the fish owns, wish they had more of him disgust

what is the fish's name anyways? Hans? Somethin German like that?

Well, American Dad cannot compete with Family Guy

Roulette
Southpark's out for me...I love the show, but not as much as Simpsons & Family guy. Hmmm...Family Guy is so goddamned beautiful, but Simpsons is just a classic...I've been watching it for I don't know how long. I'm going with The Simpsonsthumb up

Wow! what a life story...jeez..embarrasment..*shutsup*

Ultraman Baltan
American Dad for the win!

I can't stand that show.

PeterGriffin
Yeah something like that, I dunno I havent watched it for a while. What season are you guys on? I think the first season just came out on dvd a few weeks ago, and the second season is on tv now...I think...

Well its made by the same people, it has the same concepts but different characters, I cant see it going as far as Family Guy, but still funny as hell. Family Guy beats everything.

Ultraman Baltan
As for the best, I will say......hm......... Damn! I can't decide. All of them are near-perfect. I chose none. It's like picking between children. The only one out of the league is "The Simpsons", but by only one inch.

Impediment
South Park is good, but Family Guy is better. I prefer dick & fart jokes. The Simpsons ran out of juice a long time ago. It used to be classic. Now it's just mediocre.

PeterGriffin
Yeah, well they each appeal to a different audience, Simpsons is more for younger people, South Park is for older people who can put up with profanity and stuff, and Family Guy is in between. I just dont find the Simpsons funny anymore, the newest seasons look like they are trying way too hard to make stupid jokes much like Family Guy. The older seasons just plain suck. South Park is funny sometimes, but Family Guy is more for nonsense crap that doesnt require a lot of brainpower to understand.

DanZeke25
South Park FTW.

Roland
Yeah, well they each appeal to a different audience, Simpsons is more for younger people, South Park is for older people who can put up with profanity and stuff, and Family Guy is in between. I just dont find the Simpsons funny anymore, the newest seasons look like they are trying way too hard to make stupid jokes much like Family Guy. The older seasons just plain suck. South Park is funny sometimes, but Family Guy is more for nonsense crap that doesnt require a lot of brainpower to understand.

Totally agree withyou there. Family Guy isn't funny in their jokes it's their random scenes and stuff they just throw in that make it funny IMO.

But anyways I'm going to shutup now and say I pick: Family Guy!

Council#13
Simpsons used to be good, better than Family Guy. Then after the 10th season it didn't d so well. I don't find South Park that funny.

T.M
Originally posted by Roulette
Southpark's out for me...I love the show, but not as much as Simpsons & Family guy. Hmmm...Family Guy is so goddamned beautiful, but Simpsons is just a classic...I've been watching it for I don't know how long. I'm going with The Simpsonsthumb up

Wow! what a life story...jeez..embarrasment..*shutsup*

yes

§P0oONY

South Park has no profanity in it really.... There is no swearing and if there is it's always bleeped out.

South Park is far better than Family Guy and the Simpsons. It doesn't rely on slapstick or toilet humour as much.

lord xyz
Originally posted by lord griffin
smokin' out of all the cartoons i think that these ones are some of the most known, and that people argue about witch one is better, so i decide to do a poll and ask what you gives think. me, im a family guy my self.smokin' Tie between SP n FG.

BakaXero
ROBOT CHICKEN

PeterGriffin

Council#13

What the f**k? I always thought you were joking when you said you were smart, but now I think otherwise

PeterGriffin
Originally posted by Council#13
What the f**k? I always thought you were joking when you said you were smart, but now I think otherwise

About the joking, or the smart? leftright

lord xyz

§P0oONY
But they still swear, and they have a lot more blood and guts type of imagery, and sexually explicit material. Simpsons has nothing, and Family Guy might drop the occasional 'vagina' or 'penis' but nothing on the level of South Park...

But South Park don't rely on their smut for the humour, the humour in South Park is far intelligent than the other two. Don't get me wrong I enjoy FG but it's still just a bunch of trash written by manatees.

Roulette
Simpsons used to be good, better than Family Guy. Then after the 10th season it didn't d so well. I don't find South Park that funny.

Yeah, the new eps are shittysad

But I like to remember the Simpsons as it once was...shining with golden beautybig grin

PeterGriffin

§P0oONY
Originally posted by lord xyz
Cartman: You ****ing Jew.
Mr. Garrison: Eric did you just say the F word?
Cartman: Jew?
Kyle: No he's talking about ****, you can't say **** in school you ****ing fat ass.
Mr. Garrison: Kyle!
Cartman: Why the **** not?
Mr. Garrison: Eric!
Stan: Dude you just said **** again.
Mr. Garrison: Stanley!
Kenny: ****.
Mr. Garrison: Kenny!

ermm

That's the film and the whole story of the film is centered around swearing... In episodes it's totally different. There is very rarely swearing and if there is it's usually just Cartman going on a little Antisemitic rant.

lord xyz
But they still swear, and they have a lot more blood and guts type of imagery, and sexually explicit material. Simpsons has nothing, and Family Guy might drop the occasional 'vagina' or 'penis' but nothing on the level of South Park... Dude, Lois takes off her shirt 5 times in every season, and in season 4 Brian slapped her bare ass. no expression

PeterGriffin
Dude, Lois takes off her shirt 5 times in every season, and in season 4 Brian slapped her bare ass. no expression

And its still nothing on the level of South Park...

You seen the SP episode with Mr Garrison and his man slave guy, and they shove a hamster up his ass? Come off it, its way different to FG.

lord xyz

Council#13
About the joking, or the smart? leftright

The smart. You're smart. leftright

Yeah, the new eps are shittysad

But I like to remember the Simpsons as it once was...shining with golden beautybig grin

Yeah.... sad Sad, ain't it?

lil bitchiness
Pfft, Family Guy plagerised The Simpsons. And American Dad plagerised Family Guy....

The Simpsons!!!!

lord xyz
And its still nothing on the level of South Park...

You seen the SP episode with Mr Garrison and his man slave guy, and they shove a hamster up his ass? Come off it, its way different to FG. Yeah I know, but over in Britain, Family Guy AND South Park are both for 15+ along with American Dad and Drawn Together. Simpsons is PG. no expression

Council#13
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Pfft, Family Guy plagerised The Simpsons. And American Dad plagerised Family Guy....

The Simpsons!!!!

American Dad and Family Guy were made by the same people no expression

PeterGriffin
The smart. You're smart. leftright

w00t

Yeah I know, but over in Britain, Family Guy AND South Park are both for 15+ along with American Dad and Drawn Together. Simpsons is PG. no expression

Yeah but content wise, they are on different levels. Again with South Park, (cant remember the episode much, last I watched South park was 5 years ago..) but they covered Butter's house in shit? Whats the closest FG has come to that...

lord xyz

The Simpsons!!!! Yeah, Family Guy is shit, we should all watch the simpsons because of how great and original they are. roll eyes (sarcastic)

§P0oONY
Stan: Jimmy, I want you to tell Wendy she's a continual inspiration to me.
Jimmy: Hey Wendy, Stan says you're a cun t...
Wendy: What?
Jimmy: He says you're a cun t...
Wendy: *walks away mad*
Jimmy: A continual inspiration to him.
Jimmy: *looks confused*

ermm

If you've seen that episode you'd realise that it's not about the swearing in that joke and technically it's not even swearing.... as he's saying the word "continual"

lil bitchiness
American Dad and Family Guy were made by the same people no expression

Right, I forget not everyone watches Simpsons.

Its Simpsons episode referance! Homer turns pages in an italian text book to find the picture of family guy where it says ''plagarism'' and he turns another page where there is a picture of american dad and it says ''plagerism of the plagerism''

Council#13
w00t

Yeah but content wise, they are on different levels. Again with South Park, (cant remember the episode much, last I watched South park was 5 years ago..) but they covered Butter's house in shit? Whats the closest FG has come to that...

When Peter turned the house into a giant puppet no expression

Anyway, South Park is just weird and disguting. It's humor is... how do you say.... stupid and abrasive. Family Guy uses more political humor or what is going on around the world (e.g: Stewie *drunk*: I'm telling you Juice, she's screwing around with you! And and and if I were you, I wouldn't stand for it.| Stewie: Tell us or I'll do to you what i did to John Lennon! *flash back* Yoko have you met John, John Yoko?)

Roulette
Yeah.... sad Sad, ain't it?

Sure issad

§P0oONY
"Anyway, South Park is just weird and disguting. It's humor is... how do you say.... stupid and abrasive."

You've obviously just missed the point of South Park entirely. laughing

Council#13
Sure issad

Yah

Its Simpsons episode referance! Homer turns pages in an italian text book to find the picture of family guy where it says ''plagarism'' and he turns another page where there is a picture of american dad and it says ''plagerism of the plagerism''

I used to watch it. But the new episodes are just lame. I don't watch them. But that part sounds frickin' halarious. laughing

lord xyz
w00t

Yeah but content wise, they are on different levels. Again with South Park, (cant remember the episode much, last I watched South park was 5 years ago..) but they covered Butter's house in shit? Whats the closest FG has come to that... laughing Yeah, then they did it to the company. South Park is way better than Family Guy, but Family Guy n American Dad are still funny(er than the simpsons).

§P0oONY
http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/cartoon%20wars/video/x2axr_1003-cartoon-wars

An episode of South Park that would make anyone change their mind about thinking FG is better. stick out tongue

BakaXero
Kool Aid!

lord xyz
When Peter turned the house into a giant puppet no expression

Anyway, South Park is just weird and disguting. It's humor is... how do you say.... stupid and abrasive. Family Guy uses more political humor or what is going on around the world (e.g: Stewie *drunk*: I'm telling you Juice, she's screwing around with you! And and and if I were you, I wouldn't stand for it.| Stewie: Tell us or I'll do to you what i did to John Lennon! *flash back* Yoko have you met John, John Yoko?) If you swap Family Guy and South Park in that post, you'd be telling the truth. wink

Its Simpsons episode referance! Homer turns pages in an italian text book to find the picture of family guy where it says ''plagarism'' and he turns another page where there is a picture of american dad and it says ''plagerism of the plagerism'' laughing out loud

Council#13
If you swap Family Guy and South Park in that post, you'd be telling the truth. wink

laughing out loud

What the f**k? Oh, no, I think I got it right the first time wink

§P0oONY
What the f**k? Oh, no, I think I got it right the first time wink

On the contrary mon petite chou.

PeterGriffin
laughing Yeah, then they did it to the company. South Park is way better than Family Guy, but Family Guy n American Dad are still funny(er than the simpsons).

Yeah in some parts...

Like the Simpsons for example, I dont find it that funny. Entertaining? Sure, Ill watch it, nothing wrong with it there, but it lacks the amount of humour the other shows have.

Family Guy, random nonsense, I like watching that better cause its a good way to relax, you dont have to try to understand anything its just 'Peter falls down' haha..but its silly in the way it does it.

South Park, less random nonsense, more...hmm how to describe...more..."weird and disgusting" as C13 said. Not that its bad, some of the jokes are funny as hell, but half the time I dont feel like watching gay ass raping jokes, or whatever.

But as I said before..

..they each appeal to a different audience..

Council#13

lord xyz

§P0oONY
huh Are you stupid?

It's the fact that Wendy thought Stan called her a **** when Wendy broke up with him. That's what's funny. no expression

No... It's funny because he has a disability which makes him stutter into swearing breaking up the original statement into something that makes Wendy take offence... Not just because he called her a ****.

lord xyz
Yeah in some parts...

Like the Simpsons for example, I dont find it that funny. Entertaining? Sure, Ill watch it, nothing wrong with it there, but it lacks the amount of humour the other shows have.

Family Guy, random nonsense, I like watching that better cause its a good way to relax, you dont have to try to understand anything its just 'Peter falls down' haha..but its silly in the way it does it.

South Park, less random nonsense, more...hmm how to describe...more..."weird and disgusting" as C13 said. Not that its bad, some of the jokes are funny as hell, but half the time I dont feel like watching gay ass raping jokes, or whatever.

But as I said before.. South Park called John Edwards the biggest Douche in the Universe. Classic. laughing And lets not forget "You're off to see the prime minister, the prime minister of Cananda."

South Park wins! cool

lord xyz

§P0oONY
erm A combination of both.

Either way, you've got to be extremely pig ignorant to think that South Park is all about being disgusting and controversial.

lord xyz

Council#13
That's a pretty funny cartoon, but not as funny as some Family Guy stuff stick out tongue

§P0oONY
Kyle: We got six days to make it to Los Angeles. If we keep our stops to a minimum, we should be able to get the episode pulled just in time.

Cartman: Yes, and in just a few weeks from now, Family Guy will be off the air forever.

Kyle: Off the air? But... we're just going to try to get the Muhammad episode pulled.

Cartman: It's simple television economics, Kyle. All it takes to kill a show forever is get one episode pulled. If we convince the network to pull this episode for the sake of Muslims, then the Catholics can demand a show they don't like get pulled. And then people with disabilities can demand another show get pulled. And so on and so on, until Family Guy is no more! It's exactly what happened to Laverne & Shirley.

Kyle: Whoa whoa wait a minute! This isn't what I signed up for! I like Family Guy. Why do we have to get it off the air forever?

Cartman: Because they made f-fun of Muslims, and and that's wrong.

Kyle: But that doesn't mean it has to go off the air. You should like that show. Your sense of humor is just like Family Guy.

Cartman: Don't you EVER, EVER, compare me to Family Guy! You hear me Kyle??!! Compare me to Family Guy again, and so help me I will kill you where you stand!

Kyle: You unbelievable son of a *****. You never cared about the Muslim religion. Or the safety of people in America. You just want Family Guy off the air!

Cartman: Do you have any idea what it's like?! Everywhere I go, "Hey Cartman, you must like Family Guy, right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of Family Guy, Cartman." I am NOTHING like Family Guy! When I make jokes, they are inherent to a story! Deep, situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a POINT! Not just one interchangeable joke after another!!

lil bitchiness
Yah

I used to watch it. But the new episodes are just lame. I don't watch them. But that part sounds frickin' halarious. laughing

Its in the 17th season...which is not as good as the other ones no

Council#13
I know sad

§P0oONY
South Park's in it's 10th and it's still as fresh as ever. w00t

Family Guy's in it's 4th/5th and they're starting to repeat themeselves on the joke front...

Ultraman Baltan

Council#13

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
So the Lemmiwinx episode of "South Park" was made funny specifically through intelligent writing? No way in hell is that true. It was just Mr. Garrison trying to fired for being too gay so he can sue for millions of dollars. Oh, and Lemmiwinx the rodent is shoved up Mr. Slave's ass through a tube.

The episode was making fun for the fact that Mr.Garrison couldn't get fired for doing obscene that a straight man would get fired in an instant for... The Lemmiwinx side story was just a nice bit of randomness.

§P0oONY
But it implies something.

No shit roll eyes (sarcastic)

PeterGriffin
So the Lemmiwinx episode of "South Park" was made funny specifically through intelligent writing? No way in hell is that true. It was just Mr. Garrison trying to fired for being too gay so he can sue for millions of dollars. Oh, and Lemmiwinx the rodent is shoved up Mr. Slave's ass through a tube.

Dammit now I have the Lemmiwinx song stuck in my head..

Ultraman Baltan

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
I thought the first episode sucked out loud. All it was was an excuse to start bashing "Family Guy". The second episode was pretty funny, since at that point they did more than just sit there and bash on FG.

Yet the things it bashed Family Guy for are damned true.

Ultraman Baltan
Dammit now I have the Lemmiwinx song stuck in my head..

I watched the episode with my peers at Jazz camp. There was so much screaming and laughing.

§P0oONY
Yeah. So it's considered crude humor, dumbass. Swear or not. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No it's really not, as the laugh did not come from the swearing you moron.

Ultraman Baltan

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
No, they were not. Those were OPINIONS from one point of view. They kept on saying how "Family Guy" isn't really funny, yet I laugh at it so much that I bought season 4 on DVD.

No... Cartman kept on saying it wasn't funny. Kyle was singing it's praises. I myself have bought the Family Guy DVD's... Not season 4 though.

He never SAID swearing, stupid. He said crude humor. THAT IS CRUDE HUMOR. God, it's like trying to talk to a chimp.

laughing out loud It's not crude humour though only ****ing morons think that.

Ultraman Baltan

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
eer THE WHOLE POINT WAS TO CHANGE SOMETHING HARMLESS INTO SOMETHING CRUDE! That was the joke! That's why it was funny! Look up your information before hand.

Sure, that's what the joke is all about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I would explain the joke but I feel that it would be like trying to teach a monkey the value of money.

§P0oONY
Kyle represented the "other" people. Cartman and the Jihad represented Matt and Trey.

Whatever really. I found it humorous. I found it to have a lot of truth in. I find Family Guy funny but at the same time I realise that it is just a bunch of one liners.

Ultraman Baltan

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
Are you kidding? Man, it's like trying to teach a plant Algebra. So then explain to me, Mr. Genius, WHY was it funny? I would LOVE to hear your answer. Oh, and if any excuse is used, you automatically fail. Well, more than you ALREADY have, actually.

It's funny for a few reasons, yes some of them are crude like making fun of a character because he has a disability but it's also making fun of the fact that kids always get someone else to tell the person they like, that they like them and this is showing a case where it backfires with humorous consequences.

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
Which leads to the main fact that it's so funny: it was a CRUDE word. His disability happens all of the time, but **** made it hilarious. If it was a word like ball or penguin it wouldn't be funny. But **** is just hilarious.

The word didn't make it funny, it was the situation it was used in.

~Da Rev~
Simpsons ftw

Ultraman Baltan

§P0oONY
But the situation wouldn't have been funny without the crude word.

But that doesn't mean that all of South Park is crude.

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by SelphieT
they are all kickass. But they all probably came from the simpsons.

True! big grin

Simpsons kick ass!

All the others too but..ermm

I got Simpsons season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 ..happy

Anyone else here who is such a big Simpsons fan?

I rule you all on Simpsons..shifty

§P0oONY
I've got every episode of The Simpsons.... w00t

Kongu_Dude

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Kongu_Dude
Really?

How? detective

Torrents mostly.

AOR
w00t Yeah! simpsons are winning

Kongu_Dude

DanZeke25
Are you kidding? Man, it's like trying to teach a plant Algebra. So then explain to me, Mr. Genius, WHY was it funny? I would LOVE to hear your answer. Oh, and if any excuse is used, you automatically fail. Well, more than you ALREADY have, actually.

Dude, South Park altogether is FUNNY. That's why it was funny. Because South Park owns, and is better than Family Guy.

I love Family Guy, but South Park is better.

Weeping Fairy
Originally posted by lord griffin
smokin' out of all the cartoons i think that these ones are some of the most known, and that people argue about witch one is better, so i decide to do a poll and ask what you gives think. me, im a family guy my self.smokin'

I LOVE family guy, Stewie is the best!, however the show would prolly suck without him erm, but ne ways, i voted for family guy smile

BackFire
If only taking into consideration their current episodes, South Park wins, with Family Guy in second and The Simpsons in third.

Of all time though, if you take into account the golden years of The Simpsons, they win, and they will probably never be beaten.

~Da Rev~
I've always thought that the humor in The Simpsons actually had to be thought about, and thats why people dont like that as much. When there is Family Guy where they have the jokes one after the other after the other. And South Park, where the whole episode is one long drawn out poop joke. Which is why the majority of folks would rather watch those, IMO. So. Simpsons fo me.

Swe_Bum
SIMPSONS!!!! swe_bum_6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.