Thing Vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S.G
Let's see how this turns out.

They bath have one day of prep, but this isn't any ordenery prep time. They are not allowed to prepare objects or help. They both spend the first half of the day training working out and preparing for they're coming fight with super-human instructors. They don't know who they are facing.

The fight takes place in New York city but a smaller version where its 60 miles either way. And there's all the Major structores there all they're correct sizes etc.

These include:

Twin Towers
Statue of Librety
Empire State Building
Central Park
And any others I haven't mentioned.

There is no ring out or whatever it is, the sea contines until it gets right back to the other site of NYC.

They are not allowed to use objects like guns or Reeds or Tonys or anyones equipment. They do not excist in this city. It is an empty NYC that has been abandoned so the cars are just left lieing around.

Grim8888 please don't come in here and be a fanboy as always please.
Same goes for Capt it up

Wolverine Vs Thing cool

S.G
erm

juggernaut66666
Wolverine has stapped even thanos so What is thing for him?

S.G
Just wait for Capt to come.

Scoobless
I've seen Wolverine take down the Thing twice but I've only seen the Thing KO Wolverine once

Gotta go with Wolverine here... Thing is no Hulk

And a days additional training would make no difference to either of these guys

Broly92
Wolverine wins if he wants to kill Thing if not he loses

S.G
Originally posted by Scoobless
I've seen Wolverine take down the Thing twice but I've only seen the Thing KO Wolverine once

Gotta go with Wolverine here... Thing is no Hulk

And a days additional training would make no difference to either of these guys Its just to prepare so they are 100 percent. I want to varify they are completly healthy for this fight. wink

Priest
wolverine

Grimm22
Ugh do I have to say it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Several thunderclaps, followed by a massive beating = Wolverine in a coma

SpunkySmurph
Hmm... I wonder how that would look? Ben just stands in one place and claps hs Massive hands over and over again...

Though, I still think Wolverine would take this.
I mean, fighting skills and strength aside, what it boils down to is the will to never give up, versus the will AND ability to never give up (via wolverine)

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22

Agreed. Fully.

S.G
*Waits for Capt*

H. S. 6
As much as I hate to say it, I think Wolvie can hang with Thing. I'd say they're pretty much dead even.

I'm going to leave the arguing for the Wolverine fans, but I know I've seen scans of Logan taking some of Hulk's thunderclaps. I've also seen Wolvie slicing and dicing ol' Ben, and supposedly, I've heard he's been able to stab him.

Wolverine's healing factor is going to be a big factor here. I think he's going to be able to shrug off some of Thing's hits using his superiour speed (rolling with the punches), with the healing factor compensating with whatever damage he takes.

I'd say they're pretty much even. 5/10 for each.

badabing
Originally posted by S.G
*Waits for Capt*
Capt's away at college. sad

Alfheim
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

I mean, fighting skills and strength aside, what it boils down to is the will to never give up, versus the will AND ability to never give up (via wolverine)

Ermm excuse me have you seen The Champion Vs Thing fight?

Originally posted by H. S. 6

I'm going to leave the arguing for the Wolverine fans, but I know I've seen scans of Logan taking some of Hulk's thunderclaps. I've also seen Wolvie slicing and dicing ol' Ben, and supposedly, I've heard he's been able to stab him.

Well ive seen Captain America get punched in the face by Iron Man. Ive seen Wolverine get hurt by Cap, DD and pumled into submission from Spidey, he should not be taking thunderclaps from The Hulk. They take liberties with Wolvie.

S.G
Originally posted by badabing
Capt's away at college. sad Aww shit. I shall just have to bump it when hes back. I miss him. sad

Alfheim
Originally posted by S.G
Aww shit. I shall just have to bump it when hes back. I miss him. sad

You know you're a bit mean?

S.G
Why ? I'm serious we are freinds. We don't get on in Logan debates buit were freinds everywhere else. We Pm each other and shit like that.

Jesse7

Thunderclaps=wolverine not affected by them now, or have you not seen the scan in which Hulk thunderclaps wolverine at point blank and he is completely unaffected?

Alfheim
Originally posted by S.G
Why ? I'm serious we are freinds. We don't get on in Logan debates buit were freinds everywhere else. We Pm each other and shit like that.

Ok you just seem to like to make fun of people sometimes.

Originally posted by Jesse7
Thunderclaps=wolverine not affected by them now, or have you not seen the scan in which Hulk thunderclaps wolverine at point blank and he is completely unaffected?

blatant PIS

Jesse7
Originally posted by Alfheim

blatant PIS

PIS is a subjective term, what you don't like and or agree with is PIS? I don't think so, Wolverine has been written stronger and stronger over the years, thunder claps don't really affect him anymore, he can regenerate from being fully incinerated in seconds, etc. etc.

S.G

And he makes fun of me. Its just the way our freindship works. Its like I find Grim an annoying fanboy but hes still a cool guy. smokin'

Alfheim
PIS is a subjective term, what you don't like and or agree with is PIS? I don't think so, Wolverine has been written stronger and stronger over the years, thunder claps don't really affect him anymore, he can regenerate from being fully incinerated in seconds, etc. etc.

If you are going to use that point I can say everything is subjective. Furthermore there needs to be some consistency.

riceroost
Originally posted by S.G
The fight takes place in New York city Thing is now officially dead. One of the main things that works against Wolverine in most of the fights in these forumns is that they are considered "Arena" fights. In a highly developed urban area things work in Wolverine's favor. There is a lot of cover/places to hide. Then it turns into a game of hide and seek. Thing will not win against Wolverine in a stealth war. He's going to get stabbed in the back and by the time he turns around Wolverine will be gone. He'll get widdled down piece by piece.
Several thunderclaps, followed by a massive beating = Wolverine in a coma If Hulk can't take Wolverine down with Thunderclap Thing doesn't have a prayer, so your entire strategy is shot... as usual.
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
what it boils down to is the will to never give up, versus the will AND ability to never give up (via wolverine) No, what this really boils down to is if Wolverine is fighting to kill because if he is Ben's willpower means nothing.
Ive seen Wolverine pumled into submission from Spidey You have NEVER seen Wolverine pummled into submission by Spider-Man. You have seen Spider-Man try his best to put Wolverine down and fail. He gave Wolverine everything he had and Wolverine smiled at him. So your statment is wrong.
Thunderclaps=wolverine not affected by them now, or have you not seen the scan in which Hulk thunderclaps wolverine at point blank and he is completely unaffected? Oh Grimm has seen it he just likes to ignore Wolverine's durability.

Alfheim
Originally posted by riceroost

If Hulk can't take Wolverine down with Thunderclap Thing doesn't have a prayer, so your entire strategy is shot... as usual.

PIS

You have NEVER seen Wolverine pummled into submission by Spider-Man. You have seen Spider-Man try his best to put Wolverine down and fail. He gave Wolverine everything he had and Wolverine smiled at him. So your statment is wrong.

Well I had a scan of Spiderman beating the **** out of wolverine and then seeing him laid the **** out on the floor.

S.G
bunny

Alfheim
?

riceroost
PISIt's not PIS when Wolverine has taken about 2,000 shots to the face from Hulk over the years and been fine.
Well I had a scan of Spiderman beating the **** out of wolverine and then seeing him laid the **** out on the floor. No. That fight has never happened. I know because I have every fight between Spidey and Wolverine. Explain where the scan comes from.

Alfheim
It's not PIS when Wolverine has taken about 2,000 shots to the face from Hulk over the years and been fine.
No. That fight has never happened. I know because I have every fight between Spidey and Wolverine. Explain where the scan comes from.

Wolverine respect thread they were fighting in a grave yard.

By the way shoudl Wolvie be taking hits from the Hulk? I mean I know hes tough but Cap has taken shot from Iron Man....

S.G
Would you care to post them ricorest please ?

Accel
It's not PIS when Wolverine has taken about 2,000 shots to the face from Hulk over the years and been fine.
He typically takes those punches because Hulk gives him time to heal from them. Thing doesn't have to give him that luxury.
Wolverine respect thread they were fighting in a grave yard.

By the way shoudl Wolvie be taking hits from the Hulk? I mean I know hes tough but Cap has taken shot from Iron Man....
Didn't that fight end with Spidey realizing he couldn't put Logan down for good without killing him?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Accel
He typically takes those punches because Hulk gives him time to heal from them. Thing doesn't have to give him that luxury.

Didn't that fight end with Spidey realizing he couldn't put Logan down for good without killing him?

Im not sure.

Grimm22
Thing is now officially dead. One of the main things that works against Wolverine in most of the fights in these forumns is that they are considered "Arena" fights. In a highly developed urban area things work in Wolverine's favor. There is a lot of cover/places to hide. Then it turns into a game of hide and seek. Thing will not win against Wolverine in a stealth war. He's going to get stabbed in the back and by the time he turns around Wolverine will be gone. He'll get widdled down piece by piece.
If Hulk can't take Wolverine down with Thunderclap Thing doesn't have a prayer, so your entire strategy is shot... as usual.
No, what this really boils down to is if Wolverine is fighting to kill because if he is Ben's willpower means nothing.
You have NEVER seen Wolverine pummled into submission by Spider-Man. You have seen Spider-Man try his best to put Wolverine down and fail. He gave Wolverine everything he had and Wolverine smiled at him. So your statment is wrong.
Oh Grimm has seen it he just likes to ignore Wolverine's durability.

This coming from a guy who said Wolverine was god and could jump 50 feet in the air...no expression

Validus
Looks like Wolverine wins this.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
Looks like Wolverine wins this.

How so? What the f**k? no expression

riceroost
Wolverine respect thread they were fighting in a grave yard.Yeah, it's from Spider-Man vs. Wolverine # 1. Spidey punches Wolverine about 20 times in the head as hard as he can. Spidey states:

"I'm hitting him Hard enough to wreck cars." and then he says:

"I can't get him to stop smiling." which implies Wolverine was fine.
Wolverine then gets right back up like nothing happened and tackles Spider-Man. Try reading the ENTIRE issue. Wolverine was not laid out or passed out. He was getting hit and laughing about it because Spider-Man couldn't put him down.
Uh, yeah he's been taking Hulk level shots his entire career. Why would he suddenly not be able to handle it now? I'm not saying he could take 10 straight Hulk shots to the face in a row.

Comparing Wolverine's durability to Cap's durability is just stupid. And when Wolverine takes shots from Hulk, Hulk is trying to pound him through the planet. When Stark is hitting Cap he's trying not to kill him.

The Fake Macoy

I disagree with you there. Wolverine will simply eyebeam the Thing to death for the victory here.

badabing

Uh, yeah he's been taking Hulk level shots his entire career. Why would he suddenly not be able to handle it now? I'm not saying he could take 10 straight Hulk shots to the face in a row.

jawdropeeksurpriseshocking
Wow dude. I'm going to be nicer to you from now on. embarrasment

riceroost
jawdropeeksurpriseshocking
Wow dude. I'm going to be nicer to you from now on. embarrasment
The hell are you talking about?

Tha C-Master
Yeah, it's from Spider-Man vs. Wolverine # 1. Spidey punches Wolverine about 20 times in the head as hard as he can. Spidey states:

"I'm hitting him Hard enough to wreck cars." and then he says:

"I can't get him to stop smiling." which implies Wolverine was fine.
Wolverine then gets right back up like nothing happened and tackles Spider-Man. Try reading the ENTIRE issue. Wolverine was not laid out or passed out. He was getting hit and laughing about it because Spider-Man couldn't put him down.

Smiling but unable to react. Peter can't beat him to death but he can hurt him.

darthgoober
Wolverine not being affected by Hulk's thunderclap is pure BULL SH*T. When Hulk and Juggernaut were fighting the Avengers, Hulk's thunderclap actually rocked Hercules, so unless someone has evidence that proves that Wolverine is more durable than Hercules, there's NO WAY that should have happened. Don't worry, there's no shame in being hurt by one of the Hulks thunderclaps, I mean c'mon, he's the freakin Hulk.

tkitna
Wolverine taking even one shot from the green guy who hoisted a 150 million ton mountain on his back, b1tch slapped onslaught and busted his armor, and punched and broke an asteroid the size of the earth, is the biggest PIS ever. I would love to see a writer have the story play out as it should. The Hulk meets up with Wolverine and grabs him by the head and heaves him from Ohio to Florida. Seriously, i'm sick of the crap stories just because Wolverine pays the bills.

Oh, the Thing wins 10/10.

lft4ded

I remember one case of Hulk thunderclapping and Wolverine being okay but has it happened more than once?

The incident I remember is they were digging and Hulk thunderclapped to make a hole for them. Hulk was using to achieve that specific end and not to hurt Wolverine. I just chalked that up to artistic license because it didn't really make any sense. Hulk's never just thunderclapped the ground right out from beneath his feet before and the fact that Wolverine wasn't sent flying, when other, heavier, heroes have screams artistic license. Then again, he needs to have his license revoked. Then again I've always thought Keith's (IIRC) art was terrible and horribly exaggerated.

Because he wasn't sent flying and was just standing there muttering something like 'Great, now what...' makes it, IMHO, PIS.

riceroost
Originally posted by darthgoober
Wolverine not being affected by Hulk's thunderclap is pure BULL SH*T. When Hulk and Juggernaut were fighting the Avengers, Hulk's thunderclap actually rocked Hercules, so unless someone has evidence that proves that Wolverine is more durable than Hercules, there's NO WAY that should have happened. Don't worry, there's no shame in being hurt by one of the Hulks thunderclaps, I mean c'mon, he's the freakin Hulk. No one said that Wolverine was more durable, but he probably does recover faster than Herc. Hulk's thunderclap hurt Wolverine in Hulk # 340, Wolverine just recovered from it. I never said it wouldn't hurt him, just that Wolverine survived it and continued fighting, which he did again after the whole Savage Land meeting.

Dinalfos
Although he did mention that it nearly killed him.

jinzin
no he said it was nearly leathal... but hey he's also said that sabretooth has given him multiple mortal wounds... none of those came close to killing him so....

bah wolverine's been completely uneffected by a hulk thunderclap in their 4 part mini...

point is.. thing's thunderclap.. MIGHT work...

but if wolverine's already in range.. well.. he's speedblitzed about half a dozen people off the top of my head so fast that they didn't have time to pull their trigger fingers.. but things gonna get a thunderclap off on logan? it's argueable at best.

Grimm22
Originally posted by jinzin
no he said it was nearly leathal... but hey he's also said that sabretooth has given him multiple mortal wounds... none of those came close to killing him so....

bah wolverine's been completely uneffected by a hulk thunderclap in their 4 part mini...

Bullcrap no expression

Grey Hulk's thunderclap nearly KO'ed Wolverine no expression

Ben is stronger than Grey Hulk, so I would imagine his Thunder Clap would be even more immense

jinzin
it nearly KOed wolverine? is that why hulk still couldn't connect with wolverine dodging all around him? is that why he got kicked in the face by wolverine avoiding every attempt to hit him? is that why he got ran through the chest? confused

cause wolverine was almost KOed? no expression

WRONG!

no he's not.. he MIGHT have a greater base strength.. but an angry grey hulk>>>thing in the strnegth dep.

Grimm22
it nearly KOed wolverine? is that why hulk still couldn't connect with wolverine dodging all around him? is that why he got kicked in the face by wolverine avoiding every attempt to hit him? is that why he got ran through the chest? confused

cause wolverine was almost KOed? no expression

WRONG!

no he's not.. he MIGHT have a greater base strength.. but an angry grey hulk>>>thing in the strnegth dep.

Bah, Grey Hulk = Suckage

Wolverine even says it nearly KO's him no expression

jinzin
No he doesn't... confused

he said it's almost leathal... ALMOST.. which doesn't account for much at all considering that sabretooth has given him dozens of "mortal wounds" in the same fight and it didn't do anything to put loges down.

MJOILNIR
I truly believe that Thing should be able to thrash Logan all day wink Thats just my opinion. I know whats happened in the comics but it doesn't stop me from thinking" My god, why hasn't thing grabbed him and threw him into the atmosphere yet?" or something like that. I know if thing can hit him he can grab him. Logans not that fast.

jinzin
he moves faster than human eyes can register.. confused

so apparently he IS that fast.

batdude123
Wolverine.

MJOILNIR
Ben can hit him. If he can hit him he could grab him. If that were to happen theres no reason for Logan to stay in the same county as Ben.

batdude123
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Ben can hit him. If he can hit him he could grab him. If that were to happen theres no reason for Logan to stay in the same county as Ben.

That's a tough call. Wolverine is SO much more agile than Grimm, it's not even funny. If he would dance circles around Ben and fight smart, a claw slash to the face, nads, chest, or stomach would incapacitate Ben long enough for Wolverine to finish him off. Wolverine ftw.

Grimm22
Bah.

A few Thudnerclaps, and Ben grabs Wolverine and gives him the beating of a lifetime yes

MJOILNIR
Gotta be able to make the tuff calls big grin I know how Logan fights but Ben has hit him many times. I think he could do it. I dont think it would happen that way on panel though/

jinzin
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Ben can hit him. If he can hit him he could grab him. If that were to happen theres no reason for Logan to stay in the same county as Ben. unless wolverine uses one of those faster than the human eye can trace slashes to hack bejie's arm off... confused

Bah.

A few Thudnerclaps, and Ben grabs Wolverine and gives him the beating of a lifetime yes
or he gets speedblitzed and stabbed in the face before he even has the chance to thunderclap.. no expression

Grimm22
unless wolverine uses one of those faster than the human eye can trace slashes to hack bejie's arm off... confused

or he gets speedblitzed and stabbed in the face before he even has the chance to thunderclap.. no expression

Consideirng Ben has fought guys a LOT faster than Wolverine, im going to say that aint happening no expression

Wolverine isnt THAT fast.

Grimm22
unless wolverine uses one of those faster than the human eye can trace slashes to hack bejie's arm off... confused|

Wolverine shouldnt be able to stab Ben no expression

None the less amputate him

jinzin
Consideirng Ben has fought guys a LOT faster than Wolverine, im going to say that aint happening no expression

Wolverine isnt THAT fast.

first off... like whom?

second off

YES
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4731963

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4732010

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736740

HE

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-17.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-18.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/uxm178pg03_low_res.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/wolverine34.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/xmen_v2_133_p03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/xmen_v2_133_p04.jpg

IS!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736808
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736825

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4636440

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736925

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/a2ba2451.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/wolverine40.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/wolverine41.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/W_Pyrate_09_18.jpg

http://x11.putfile.com/11/32117164844.gif

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/diablohqm/wolv.jpg

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5459887

http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverineorigins54av9.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolbullet0vt9.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolbulletnd9.jpg

jinzin
Wolverine shouldnt be able to stab Ben no expression

None the less amputate him too bad wolverine isn't limited to how you WANT him to be portrayed instead of how he actually is, he can stab ben just fine.

H. S. 6
first off... like whom?

second off

YES
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4731963

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4732010

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736740

HE

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-17.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-18.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/uxm178pg03_low_res.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/wolverine34.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/xmen_v2_133_p03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/xmen_v2_133_p04.jpg

IS!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736808
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736825

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4636440

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4736925

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/a2ba2451.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/wolverine40.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/wolverine41.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/W_Pyrate_09_18.jpg

http://x11.putfile.com/11/32117164844.gif

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/diablohqm/wolv.jpg

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5459887

http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverineorigins54av9.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolbullet0vt9.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolbulletnd9.jpg

Damn... nice scans.

Grimm22
too bad wolverine isn't limited to how you WANT him to be portrayed instead of how he actually is, he can stab ben just fine.

Sure he can roll eyes (sarcastic)

Considering that, Ben fought an alterntive dimension form of himself with advanced technology who couldnt cut Ben's hide, none the less stab him no expression

Grimm22
first off... like whom?

First off, Wolverine cannot Speedblitz no expression

Second, off...

Namor

Torch

ect...

Guys who are 100x faster than Wolverine

Tha C-Master

point is.. thing's thunderclap.. MIGHT work...

but if wolverine's already in range.. well.. he's speedblitzed about half a dozen people off the top of my head so fast that they didn't have time to pull their trigger fingers.. but things gonna get a thunderclap off on logan? it's argueable at best. Lethal=deadly.

Either way Logan has speed and agility, and thing has strength, although I don't think Wolverine will just gut him once, he'll definitely wear him down some. And one good thunderclap deserves another.

braz
this is a very interesting fight IMO, considering one's a heavyweight near-powerhouse with 80-ton strength, and the others just a mere lightweight. but would also win this fightno expression and is also much much quicker than thing, like batdude said, he'd be runnin circles around him n slashin him everywhere, and has a healing factor which>>thunderclaps from thing IMO. Wolverine shreds em up.
Wolverine 7/10

Tha C-Master
I don't think he'd heal if Thing were to consecutively thunderclap him.

braz
^only way he'd be able to do thats if thing grabs him, and giving u the benefit of the doubt saying that would happen, wolvie could still shred his way out of his hand and continue jumpin around all over him, and cuttin him in diff places, till the things nothing but a pile of rocks no expression

Tha C-Master
Thunderclap is a distance attack, why would he need to grab him? That is in that scenario.

braz
ohh. i thought a thunderclaps like when he picks him up n smashes him in the palms of his hands.

capt it up

Second, off...

Namor

Torch

ect...

see u just got owned by jinzin you should just stop now.

also nice list.
wolverine has hit both torch and namor very easiliy.

rotiart
I'd have to go with Wolverine. Sigh. I swear Galactus made him herald level or something.. considering the guys he hurts...

Metalmanx
Thunderclap for the win. Thing can do more than one ya know.

One thunderclap is enough to daze Wolvie. Several dozen more wil hurt and incapacitate him.

Then well, the rest if history.

lft4ded
he moves faster than human eyes can register.. confused

so apparently he IS that fast.

Every human doesn't register things the same. Obviously for all their training the Hand doesn't have great reflexes, and they're professional ninja. Captain America, Nomad, Widow. I don't think anyone would say *they* couldn't follow Wolverine with their *human* eyes.

Hyperbole aside, I don't think Thing easily laying a mitt on Wolverine but I do think its more likely than not, especially if he's disoriented by a thunderclap.

Tha C-Master
He doesn't believe that or else Wolverine moves several times faster than the Speed of sound. A very bad bad feat to use, because we all know it's kinda far fetched and wouldn't happen with our characters. I mean does anyone seriously see logan becoming invisible in all of his fights?

Jimmy-Chan
I see this fight as a toss-up.

S.G
My threads are a success !!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

jinzin
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Damn... nice scans.

thank you

Sure he can roll eyes (sarcastic)

Considering that, Ben fought an alterntive dimension form of himself with advanced technology who couldnt cut Ben's hide, none the less stab him no expression

considering he didn't have and admantium-beta molecule thin razor sharp blade to cut him with.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Second, off...

Namor

Torch

ect...

first off.. wolverine CAN speedblitz. that blue jibberish with the lines under them, they're not just there for decoration.... click on them, you'll see plenty of wolverine speedblitzing.. so I guess he CAN speedblitze... pfffft....

second off.. both of those guys are ONLY faster in the air not in hand to hand and NOT COMPARIBLE.. so you still need to find some good examples cause those examples suck.

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Lethal=deadly.

Either way Logan has speed and agility, and thing has strength, although I don't think Wolverine will just gut him once, he'll definitely wear him down some. And one good thunderclap deserves another.

mortal=deadly... doesn't help sabretooth does it?

I don't think he'd heal if Thing were to consecutively thunderclap him.

me either.. the question is do they start this fight at a great enough distance that thing can take advantage of that attack? and if they are at that great a distance will the attack even work?

Originally posted by capt it up
see u just got owned by jinzin you should just stop now.

also nice list.
wolverine has hit both torch and namor very easiliy.
yes

Originally posted by lft4ded
Every human doesn't register things the same. Obviously for all their training the Hand doesn't have great reflexes, and they're professional ninja. Captain America, Nomad, Widow. I don't think anyone would say *they* couldn't follow Wolverine with their *human* eyes.

Hyperbole aside, I don't think Thing easily laying a mitt on Wolverine but I do think its more likely than not, especially if he's disoriented by a thunderclap.

we don't know that for certain.. wolverine's never went all out on any of these people, save the werewolf event and well he had the brain of a werewolf so... in any case wolverine is definitely one fast mutha****a, there's a chance that thing might be able to hit him or grab him but there an even greater chance that logan will stab straight through his face before that ever becomes an issue.

Tha C-Master
mortal=deadly... doesn't help sabretooth does it?
You said lethal not I, and being mortally wounded is slightly different as I'm sure you know. Especially for these two.

me either.. the question is do they start this fight at a great enough distance that thing can take advantage of that attack? and if they are at that great a distance will the attack even work? I don't think they start face to face breathing on each other, I thought it was a 60ft distance. It should work due to Logan's senses. While I think Logan can hurt Ben, I don't think he'll gut him like he would a human.

Grimm22
Its hopeless roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolverine fans now apparently think he is quicksilver or somthing

jinzin
You said lethal not I, and being mortally wounded is slightly different as I'm sure you know. Especially for these two. c I'm not trying to be an ass but do you even know why i brought mortal up?

yes I did say lethal.. what I'm saying is that that word has very little meaning given wolverine's constitution... that's all...
mortal wounds mean the same thing..

I don't think they start face to face breathing on each other, I thought it was a 60ft distance. It should work due to Logan's senses. While I think Logan can hurt Ben, I don't think he'll gut him like he would a human.

from a 60 foot distance I don't think it will do much at all then.. hulk thunderclapped right next to logan and it barely registered... so at 60 feet we're talking cat and mouse...

if they're anywhere within 20 feet of eachother I don't think a thunderclap will come into play.. if logan's at a 20 to 40 foot range THEN we're talking.

and yeah, I don't think wolverine can gut ben... he can scrape him a lot and stab him but gutting's another story.

jinzin
Its hopeless roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolverine fans now apparently think he is quicksilver or somthing

What the f**k?

why? because he can speedblitz a slower character like thing?

Tha C-Master
c I'm not trying to be an ass but do you even know why i brought mortal up?

yes I did say lethal.. what I'm saying is that that word has very little meaning given wolverine's constitution... that's all...
mortal wounds mean the same thing..

I'm saying the same thing you're saying... almost. If a person is mortally wounded that means they will die soon, to be fatally or lethally wounded means it killed them, fatal=fate.

But if he is going to die soon then obviously his constitution will bring him back, I'm not trying to be nitpicky here.

from a 60 foot distance I don't think it will do much at all then.. hulk thunderclapped right next to logan and it barely registered... so at 60 feet we're talking cat and mouse...

if they're anywhere within 20 feet of eachother I don't think a thunderclap will come into play.. if logan's at a 20 to 40 foot range THEN we're talking.

and yeah, I don't think wolverine can gut ben... he can scrape him a lot and stab him but gutting's another story. If he's 60 feet away Logan has to get close, so if he does Thunderclap after Thunderclap in rapid succession...

jinzin
I'm saying the same thing you're saying... almost. If a person is mortally wounded that means they will die soon, to be fatally or lethally wounded means it killed them, fatal=fate.

But if he is going to die soon then obviously his constitution will bring him back, I'm not trying to be nitpicky here. then why are you?

lol.. okay let's just drop it then.

If he's 60 feet away Logan has to get close, so if he does Thunderclap after Thunderclap in rapid succession...

true... but if they start the ol' cat and mouse game wolverine's gonna be using that stealth to his advantage.. if he can... if he can't... well then I guess no fight takes place.

capt it up

Tha C-Master
You know me... big grin

then why are you?

lol.. okay let's just drop it then.

true... but if they start the ol' cat and mouse game wolverine's gonna be using that stealth to his advantage.. if he can... if he can't... well then I guess no fight takes place. Making it a tossup.

capt it up
thunder clapp has proven not to work. so why is it even debated.

Tha C-Master
When? How would it not work if he has better senses? I'm sure it would hurt some...

jinzin
You know me... big grin

Making it a tossup.
hmm yeah i guess it will be a tossup under those conditions.. that or no fight takes place at all.
up close though wolverine clobbers ben

jinzin
When? How would it not work if he has better senses? I'm sure it would hurt some...
against grey hulk it sent him into a rage..

then in their 4 part mini hulk thunderclapped right next to wolverine and wolverine just made a smart ass comment about it.

capt it up
when hulk tried it in the 4 part mini series from about a foot away. any ways better senses does not mean any thing since the thunder clapp will blow out his ear drums and they will heal instantly and as seen he won't be affected.

ya and when has pain ever been an issue for wolverine?

jinzin
when hulk tried it in the 4 part mini series from about a foot away. any ways better senses does not mean any thing since the thunder clapp will blow out his ear drums and they will heal instantly and as seen he won't be affected.

ya and when has pain ever been an issue for wolverine? he does have a good point there c.

badabing
Wolverine is only PEAK human with some claws and a healing factor. no expression

Just a bit of fun to welcome Capt back. cool

capt it up
Wolverine is only PEAK human with some claws and a healing factor. no expression

Just a bit of fun to welcome Capt back. cool
lol thanks I actaully gotta go though

Tha C-Master

ya and when has pain ever been an issue for wolverine? So better senses don't mean anything because he will regenerate his eardrum? A sonic attack as such isn't simply an attack on the ears, it affects the equilibrium and is a force attack. I simply don't see something that can tear through buildings having ZERO affect on him, just because. One time the thunderclap made a big hole in the ground with him inside, and once it didn't. Inconsistancy at best. I'm not even arguing it ko'ing him once, but he shouldn't walk through it like a Superman level character either. He HEALS fasts, besides his skeleton he doesn't take damage at a deccelerated rate from a human.

Pain and damage are also two different things my friend.

batdude123
Wolverine. I'm going back to my roots as a Wolverine fan. He's quicker, more agile, a better fighter, and would last a lot longer than Ben via his healing factor. Eventually slashes to the nuts, chest, face, etc. would take its toll on Grimm. He'd go down. Nothing Ben can throw at Wolverine is something that he hasn't already combated against before. Wolverine ftw!!!

Grimm22
thunder clapp has proven not to work. so why is it even debated.

You know, I would usually say somthing in rebuttle to prove you wrong, where you would completely ignore what I say and continue ranting on about how Wolverine is unbeatable

But then I realize who im talking too laughing

Grimm22
What the f**k?

why? because he can speedblitz a slower character like thing?

Its not a speedblitz though no expression

A speedblitz comes from characters WITH supersupeed.

Wolverine dosent have superspeed.

Also, Ben isnt exactly slow. He's MUCH faster than Hulk

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
Wolverine. I'm going back to my roots as a Wolverine fan. He's quicker, more agile, a better fighter, and would last a lot longer than Ben via his healing factor. Eventually slashes to the nuts, chest, face, etc. would take its toll on Grimm. He'd go down. Nothing Ben can throw at Wolverine is something that he hasn't already combated against before. Wolverine ftw!!!

Without thunderclap, Wolverine 6-7/10

With thunderclap, Thing 8/10

Tha C-Master
I actually find that generous on your behalf... if I must say so... I thought you were going higher.

Grimm22
I actually find that generous on your behalf... if I must say so... I thought you were going higher.

Yeah laughing

Its like my part of my continence is telling me to give Wolverine the win while the other is telling me to give Ben the win stick out tongue

batdude123
Yeah laughing

Its like my part of my contience is telling me to give Wolverine the win while the other is telling me to give Ben the win stick out tongue

For the love of God, can't you spell the word "conscience" right?

Grimm22
For the love of God, can't you spell the word "conscience" right?

No no expression

BECAUSE DOOM DEMANDS IT! mad

srankmissingnin
I know that Grimm doesn't have superhuman hearing but shouldn't a thunderclap effect him as well? At the very least it should agitate his inner ear and throw of his balance and the worst have him on his knees vomitting would it not?

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I know that Grimm doesn't have superhuman hearing but shouldn't a thunderclap effect him as well? At the very least it should agitate his inner ear and throw of his balance and the worst have him on his knees vomitting would it not?

You'd think so, but it's never happened to anybody who's ever used a thunderclap before. erm Regardless, Wolverine ftw...

Grimm22

Considering even if that were true, Ben wouldnt fall no expression

He's taken MUCH MUCH worse.

Its almost as stupid as saying Ben would just give up and cry after being stabbed in the arm

srankmissingnin
Considering even if that were true, Ben wouldnt fall no expression

He's taken MUCH MUCH worse.

Its almost as stupid as saying Ben would just give up and cry after being stabbed in the arm

It doesn't matter how durable Ben is irritating his inner ear would still have the same effect on him. If he doesn't fall to ground in has nothing to do with his will power or his durability and everything to do with his military training. He was Airborne or at the very least Pilot. Anyway if his inner ear was thrown off (which it should be) his balance and coordination would be thrown off long after Wolverine recovered from what ever damage it caused to him.

You know that there is a major artery around the area where Wolverine stabbed Ben? Maybe he thought it was hit and tried his best to stem the flow of blood so he wouldn't bleed out... or something?

Grimm22
Nopeno

As Ben put it "I'm just to stubborn and stupid to give up"

Tha C-Master
I know that Grimm doesn't have superhuman hearing but shouldn't a thunderclap effect him as well? At the very least it should agitate his inner ear and throw of his balance and the worst have him on his knees vomitting would it not? It would be like me playing the cymbals, very loud to everyone around me, but since I'm making the impact and sound it affects me very little.

srankmissingnin
Nopeno

As Ben put it "I'm just to stubborn and stupid to give up"

Fine, fine he can stumble around and vomit while standing up. Are you happy now?

Grimm22
Yet, Champion gave him the beating of a life time and he didnt give up then no expression

or 1000x other times he has taken much worse.

The only "argument" Wolverine fans give with that scan is that he hit a nerve, which makes no sense because Ben's body is much different than ours

srankmissingnin
Yet, Champion gave him the beating of a life time and he didnt give up then no expression

or 1000x other times he has taken much worse.

The only "argument" Wolverine fans give with that scan is that he hit a nerve, which makes no sense because Ben's body is much different than ours

Durability plays little into it though agitating the inner ear can't be resisted by sheer force of will. It throws off your bodies equilibrium, you can even lose consciousness. Grimm can't say "Grrr... I'm tough!" and will have no effect on him. I doubt he will pass out or anything but he would be in pretty bad shape and have one hell of a head ache.

And yeah the shoulder thing didn't make much sense but I blame Romita and his art. The only thing I could think of that would make Thing drop to the ground like that would be if Wolverine hit an artery... but seeing as Ben is still alive that is clearly not what happened. I don't know what to tell 'ya Grimm. The best I can do is Millar sucks and Romita sucks harder.

Grimm22
Ben dosent say stuff like "Grr im tough"

He would probobly say YOW or DAMNIT or somthing like that, then make a quip and keep fighting.

Maybe if he had stabbed Ben in the heart or somthing it might make more sense.

batdude123
Ben gets his rock hide slashed to hell here.

Grimm22
Ben gets his rock hide slashed to hell here.

While Ben just stands there and lets it happen apparently

srankmissingnin
Ben dosent say stuff like "Grr im tough"

He would probobly say YOW or DAMNIT or somthing like that, then make a quip and keep fighting.

Maybe if he had stabbed Ben in the heart or somthing it might make more sense.

Hehe I didn't mean he would literally say "Grrr I'm tough". Anyway he can be as stubborn and tough as he wants but that wouldn't help him walk on a severed limb would it? Same goes with his equilibrium being thrown off, he'd just need to wait for his body to right its self.

batdude123

Couldn't do shit to Wolverine while he's flippin' and floppin' all over Grimm's rocky ass.

Accel
Couldn't do shit to Wolverine while he's flippin' and floppin' all over Grimm's rocky ass.
Then Thing blows him....

...like so.
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3967/thingsuperbreath3tl.th.jpg

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
Then Thing blows him....

...like so.
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3967/thingsuperbreath3tl.th.jpg

Then Wolverine farts and they both die. Not even Wolverine's healing factor could save him.... baka

Grimm22
Hehe I didn't mean he would literally say "Grrr I'm tough". Anyway he can be as stubborn and tough as he wants but that wouldn't help him walk on a severed limb would it? Same goes with his equilibrium being thrown off, he'd just need to wait for his body to right its self.

There is no way in hell Wolverine is chopping off Ben's arm no expression

Can he stab Ben? Maybe

Can he cut off Ben's arm? No chance in hell

srankmissingnin

In a sword fight you are going to block, parry and dodge your opponents sword while trying to force an opening and land an blow. Wolverine can potentially end the fight with blow and with out the means to block or parry with out lossing a limb he is only left with dodging for an option. He has to avoid every slash coming at him. Wolverine's claws wont be repelled by Ben's hide if they catch him, even just a little, Wolverine's own body weight and momentum will force his claws in much further. The fact of the matter is that Ben will need to over exert himself to avoid Wolverine's attacks and seeing how Wolverine is lithe, nimble and extremely skilled it would be a simple task to set Grimm up to dodge an attack and the fallow up with an attack that would impossible to avoid form his current position. Wolverine is a much smaller target then Ben, even when standing at full height and then out top of that he will be crouching to more the half of that making him very hard to hit when by comparison Ben is as big as a house even if Ben was as skilled as Wolverine in martial combat Wolverine's smaller frame would allow him to slip through Ben's guard.

srankmissingnin
There is no way in hell Wolverine is chopping off Ben's arm no expression

Can he stab Ben? Maybe

Can he cut off Ben's arm? No chance in hell

No, no I ment if he was missing a leg (from some unknow incedent) he wouldn't be able to walk on it... because it would just be gone no matter how tough Ben is. I was comparing it to the equalibrium thing say thing at it wouldn't matter how stubborn he was he'd just have to wait for his body to right it on its own and that could take minutes (maybe hours... I don't know much about it)

I do make a severed limb comment in the last post though. wink Enjoy!

batdude123
In a sword fight you are going to block, parry and dodge your opponents sword while trying to force an opening and land an blow. Wolverine can potentially end the fight with blow and with out the means to block or parry with out lossing a limb he is only left with dodging for an option. He has to avoid every slash coming at him. Wolverine's claws wont be repelled by Ben's hide if they catch him, even just a little, Wolverine's own body weight and momentum will force his claws in much further. The fact of the matter is that Ben will need to over exert himself to avoid Wolverine's attacks and seeing how Wolverine is lithe, nimble and extremely skilled it would be a simple task to set Grimm up to dodge an attack and the fallow up with an attack that would impossible to avoid form his current position. Wolverine is a much smaller target then Ben, even when standing at full height and then out top of that he will be crouching to more the half of that making him very hard to hit when by comparison Ben is as big as a house even if Ben was as skilled as Wolverine in martial combat Wolverine's smaller frame would allow him to slip through Ben's guard.

Basically, Wolverine has every advantage on Grimm besides strength and durability. And Wolverine has NEVER won against those types of characters... Wolverine ftw.

Grimm22
Basically, Wolverine has every advantage on Grimm besides strength and durability. And Wolverine has NEVER won against those types of characters... Wolverine ftw.

Ahem and toughness cool

I would to see Wolveirne go three rounds with Champion on Will power alone big grin

batdude123
Ahem and toughness cool

I would to see Wolveirne go three rounds with Champion on Will power alone big grin

If She Hulk can dominate him...

Grimm22

She-Hulk would get KO'ed by Champion in one punch no expression

batdude123
She-Hulk would get KO'ed by Champion in one punch no expression

She beat the crap out of him like he owed her child support.

Validus
Co-sign.

Thing is simply out of his league.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Co-sign.

Thing is simply out of his league.

Me>box<You

Grimm22
She beat the crap out of him like he owed her child support.

Plan PIS no expression

BloodyAngel
Uh, why does this thread exist? Ben Grimm would eat Wolverine for lunch.

S.G
It is a good match so far

Accel
Wolvie ain't no She-Hulk...

Soujaboy
Why don't people realize that the Thing Sucks? confused

capt it up
really last time I checked he ahs beaten thing already,namor,wendigo,tigershark,rough-house ect.

batdude123
really last time I checked he ahs beaten thing already,namor,wendigo,tigershark,rough-house ect.

You didn't pick up on my sarcasm? stick out tongue

And don't forget Caliban. thumbsup

steverules
Aunt May

Grimm22
You didn't pick up on my sarcasm? stick out tongue

And don't forget Caliban. thumbsup

Oh COME ON Batdude

Dont tell me you dont think Wolverine beating Namor, Tiger Shark or Rough House were not because of PIS or jobbering?!? What the f**k?

steverules
Wolverine can beat galactus, sentry, thanos and superman all at once shifty

batdude123
Oh COME ON Batdude

Dont tell me you dont think Wolverine beating Namor, Tiger Shark or Rough House were not because of PIS or jobbering?!? What the f**k?

Namor and Wendigo... yes. The rest? Nope.

tkitna
See, somebody actually got it right with the picture below. This is how badly Wolverine should lose to any of the top power house characters. The Thing would do the same unless its PIS.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/armandovalles/Scans/OwningWolverine.jpg

steverules
Did wolvie even have time to try and do anything there?

Grimm22
Namor and Wendigo... yes. The rest? Nope.

First, Tiger Shark is basicly as tough as Namor (if im not mistaken) So Wolverine beating him is crap.

Second, He beat Rough house in a fist fight?!? What the f**k?

You may as well say that Wolverine can beat Spidey in a bar fight

Soleran
Originally posted by steverules
Did wolvie even have time to try and do anything there?

yes he licked the boot.

batdude123
Originally posted by tkitna
See, somebody actually got it right with the picture below. This is how badly Wolverine should lose to any of the top power house characters. The Thing would do the same unless its PIS.

OMG. laughing Don't even TRY to say Wonder Man=Thing. no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by tkitna

Well erm

Ben isnt as fast as WM.

That and Ben's fighting style isnt nearly like WM's

Ben would just grab him and beat the crap out of him rather than letting Wolverine heal while he was getting to the battle

batdude123
Well erm

Ben isnt as fast as WM.

That and Ben's fighting style isnt nearly like WM's

Ben would just grab him and beat the crap out of him rather than letting Wolverine heal while he was getting to the battle

Yep.... Simon would kick the shit out of Ben as well...

Grimm22
OMG. laughing Don't even TRY to say Wonder Man=Thing. no expression

Hey, Ben has beaten Wondy before shifty

However strength wise, they arent THAT far apart.

WM is closer to Thing in strength than he is to Thor

Grimm22
Yep.... Simon would kick the shit out of Ben as well...

Bah! Ben has always held his own against WM and beaten him from time to time

WM beats Ben 7-8/10

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>