two part WWII epic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rapscallion
is anyone else excited as hell about these movies. the first entitled "flags for our fathers" tells the story of the six men who raised the flag at iwo jima and the effect it had on this country. the second film, is either called "Red Sun, Black Sand" or "Letters from Iwo Jima" and tells the story of the battle of Iwo Jima from the point of view from the Japonese. Clint eastwood directs, the film was co-wrote by william Broyles and paul Haggis, and produced by Eastwood, Steven Spielberg, and Rob Lorenz. It stars ryan Phillipe, Jaimie Bell, Paul Walker, Robert Patrick, and Barry Pepper. The Japonese film stars Ken Wantanabe.

Spielberg, Eastwood and Haggis are three of my favorite directors. Given what we know about Spielberg and Eastwood, we can expect a pretty strong and very sensitive anti-war film. The world can always use more of those.

jaden101
i've been looking forward to these for a while now.

Solo
FoOF seems to be getting all of the attention, but I'm not exactly anticipating it.

~Da Rev~
Phillipe and Walker?!?!?

Not the actors i would be expecting.

Rapscallion
phillipe I can see working. Jaimie bell i'm a not so sure, and walker is definitely not what i would want for a serious war drama. hopefully there will be enough talent behind the camera to offset any lack of talent in front of it.

DeVi| D0do
I don't usually like war movies, but Flags of our Fathers looks amazing...

Trailer

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Rapscallion
phillipe I can see working. Jaimie bell i'm a not so sure, and walker is definitely not what i would want for a serious war drama. hopefully there will be enough talent behind the camera to offset any lack of talent in front of it. Oh yeah. Behind the camera, the movie will be solid. I'm sure the cinematography will be beautiful, and an amazing story. I'm just worried about the actors.

DanZeke25
Not going to be better than Saving Private Ryan IMO.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Not going to be better than Saving Private Ryan IMO.

true but there will probably never be a film better than saving private ryan

jaden101
true but there will probably never be a film better than saving private ryan

laughing out loud laughing out loud ...there already is..a korean film called brotherhood

tabby999
yeah i heard that pisses all over SPR in lots of ways. I do love SPR too though, very touching in lots of ways.

JerichoCross
I'm really looking forward to both of those.

BTW if you haven't read the book, I'd recommend doing so. It really puts a human face on the whole thing.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by jaden101
laughing out loud laughing out loud ...there already is..a korean film called brotherhood

sounds good. after researching it a bit, it seems that the battle sequences are amazing beyond belief ( still two steps down from SPR) but it has the bonus of the koreans fighting at home rather than invading another country which ads to the power of the story. the negative is it is way to melodramatic, over-acted, and lacks the nuance and intelligence that propelled Saving Private Ryan into being one of the best movies of the 90's. All in all, looks pretty darn good. I'll give it a look. Thanks. smile

Mr Parker
sounds like a couple of great films,when do they come out?

bakerboy
On 20 october 2006.

jaden101
sounds good. after researching it a bit, it seems that the battle sequences are amazing beyond belief ( still two steps down from SPR) but it has the bonus of the koreans fighting at home rather than invading another country which ads to the power of the story. the negative is it is way to melodramatic, over-acted, and lacks the nuance and intelligence that propelled Saving Private Ryan into being one of the best movies of the 90's. All in all, looks pretty darn good. I'll give it a look. Thanks. smile

shouldn't believe everything you read

whereas saving private ryan spunked its large budget in the 1st 20 minutes...brotherhood has a slow intro and then is pretty much relentless for almost 2 hours culminating in 2 massive battles...

Mr Parker
just looked at the trailer,looks like another great movie I for sure dont want to miss.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.