Another "silly" question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
If some one gives you a cheque how long can you keep it before it becomes invalid?

lil bitchiness
They will write on what time it should be cashed. I am not sure how long you are able to keep it after the appointed date? 14 days? maybe less....hmmm...unsure.

ThePittman
Standard is 180 days for most checks; personal checks I don’t think there is a limit.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alfheim
If some one gives you a cheque how long can you keep it before it becomes invalid? About 5 seconds. ermm

lil bitchiness

Alfheim
Originally posted by ThePittman
Standard is 180 days for most checks; personal checks I don’t think there is a limit.

So thats six months?

ThePittman
This is in the US so I'm not sure about the UK.

Alfheim
Ok so if you exceed 180 days that basically means you cannot cash it or put into the bank.

ThePittman
Yes, after 180 days the check would be void however you should call your bank in the UK and they could tell you for sure. Laws there are more then likely different.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ok so if you exceed 180 days that basically means you cannot cash it or put into the bank.

Unless you can get the person who wrote the check to renew it. Then basically yes. It's worth trying to cash it anyway.

Kongu_Dude
ermm

H. S. 6
In the US, I believe there is no time limit on personal checks.

Lumanix
Which country? I'll assume the U.K. since it was spelt 'cheque'.

Alfheim
Yeah in the UK

clap
I agree with Pittman. It's either six months or one year, can't really remember.

Regardless, can't hurt to try to cash it.

Weeping Fairy
Originally posted by clap
I agree with Pittman. It's either six months or one year, can't really remember.

Regardless, can't hurt to try to cash it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.