Wafa Sultan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
I would like to discuss Wafa Sultan and her AlJazeera appearance not so long ago.

By coming out and saying what she has on the Arabian television, she has initially risked her life, and has many fatwas proclaimed against her.

What do you initially think about Dr Sultan's appearance and what she had so say?
Do you think it was brave of her to risk her life by saying what she feels?

What are your thoughts?

or those of you who never seen her appearance on Arab television -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAUcRA0Z2cs

(I couln't find any other videos which will work faster, other than youtube)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/11/international/middleeast/11sultan.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5090&en=d13886daba5e586f&ex=1299733200&partner=rssus

Thoughts?

Alfheim
Well one thing I will say is this. She focuses on Islam but I think the other two major faiths can be quite bad as well but not as bad. Basically how the three major religons interpret their scriptures causes problems. Im glad people are talking about it, shame most of them are women....

Fishy
She's right but I don't see why she is so special... Hundreds of people will say the same thing, or have said the same thing...

Also some parts of the movie were cut, wonder what was said and or done there....

Alfheim
Originally posted by Fishy
She's right but I don't see why she is so special... Hundreds of people will say the same thing, or have said the same thing...

Not about Islam in public, in a muslim country.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Fishy

Also some parts of the movie were cut, wonder what was said and or done there....

No they haven't.

As its been already mentioned, this is the first time someone spoke publically like that about Islam, and first time in an Islamic television.
And its a huge deal.

Do you remember what happened to Theo Van Gogh? And 'Submission' wasn't even aired anywhere in the Middle East and Arabia.

She spoke like this on an Islamic television.

She now has numerous 'fatwas' proclaimed against her - which is a public condonance from Muslim clerics for her murder.

I have pdf of the whole interview somewhere, I'll post it once i dig it up.

Fishy
Didn't know she said these things in a Muslim country, that changes things... Didn't expect that either, thats basically suicide, and the media there is government controlled so you would have expected that to be censored or an interview like they have on Fox...

So okay, lot more impressive now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.