What Profit Is It To Gain The Whole World But...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive

Draco69
Alicia Keys said it best:

Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what's within
and I've been there before
that life's a bore
So full of the superficial

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, yeah

Some people search for a fountain
That promises forever young
Some people need three dozen roses
And that's the only way to prove you love him
Hand me the world on a silver platter
And what good would it be
with no one to share
with no one who truly cares for me

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
If I ain't got you, you, you
Some people want it all
but I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
If I ain't got you, yeah

If I ain't got you with me baby

Oh, ooh, so nothing in this whole
wide world don't mean a thing

If I ain't got you with me baby

Evil Dead
then what? We know this world exists......all that you mention takes place therein and is therefore relevant to it. What's this, "next world" you speak of? There is nothing of it on record anywhere. If you are making a claim....please provide the evidence to support the claim you are making.

Robtard

Alliance
TIME this week is all about how Christianity has become a buisiness. ALl these evangelical f*cks who are making millions say god wants them to be as rich as possible.

Chirstianity, which was originally about stiving to be a better person, can only survive by allowing people to feed thier own self indulgence.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alliance
TIME this week is all about how Christianity has become a buisiness. ALl these evangelical f*cks who are making millions say god wants them to be as rich as possible.

Chirstianity, which was originally about stiving to be a better person, can only survive by allowing people to feed thier own self indulgence.

AMEN yes

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Robtard
You die having had the most terrific F'ing life ever. You will most likely be remembered for ages to come, people will talk and write about you, your children's, children, children, children......will speak of you, and therefore you will for all effect achieved immortality.

What do you purpose for the then what? If all the above doesn't matter as you imply, do you live in self imposed poverty? I highly doubt it...

A person may die having had the most terrific life as you say, but is that the end of the story? I tell you based on the Bible (God's Word) that no that is not the end. Just as the rich man lived it up in this life, he lifted up his eyes in hell afterwards. However, his networth was not the reason for him going to hell. You can be flat broke and end up in Hell. The Lord Jesus Christ asked the question:

Matthew 16:26
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

What profit is it to a person if he gains the whole world (read the very first post of this thread to get an example of someone living it up or gaining the whole world), but then loses his/her soul (i.e., loses it in terms of it going to Hell for eternity). What do any of you all have that you could give in exchange for your soul? According to Jesus nothing in this life is more important or more valuable than your soul. Your soul is so invaluable to God that He sent His only, begotten Son (of course the Lord Jesus consented to this) to die, and thus pay for our sins with His own shed blood just so that our soul/spirit could be saved from spiritual death (separation from God forever). The Lord Jesus subjected Himself to all sorts of abuse (spiritual, verbal, mental, and physical) so that your soul/spirit could be saved from Hell. I submit to you all that the Lord Jesus Christ speaks the truth: the soul is something to treasure and die for. Don't go to Hell for eternity. Give your lives over to the Lord Jesus now before it is too late. You may gain the whole world but lose the most important aspect of your life: your soul/spirit in Hell. It is a no-brainer to me. I am living it up (and gaining the whole world as it were) and my soul/spirit is not going to be lost in Hell. That is what God wants for everyone: to live and have the abundant life that Jesus talked about and have eternal life with God in the splendor and beauty of Paradise when your time is up here on earth. God wants you to have the best of both worlds.

John 10:10
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

If you want to go to Heaven, then confess Jesus the Christ as your Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, and you will be saved.

You will spend eternity in Heaven with God, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the angels, other people who have confessed Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, and last but not least, you will be able to marvel at the animals and other amazing creatures that God has created. You will be able to marvel at the beautiful city that God created for you all who are saved from their sins. You will marvel at the beauty of paradise that exists all around you in Heaven. You will be at a loss for words at the many wonderful things, sights, smells, and other things that Heaven has. Not only is God there, but you personally will have a home there. Heaven is wonderful! But even more wonderful is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit Who created all of this for you to enjoy. They will love you for eternity, and you will not be able to resist loving them for eternity. God is love, light, hope, compassion, comfort, and everything that you could want and need. God will be a Father to you and you will be His sons and/or daughters. God loves all of you!

Don't miss Heaven.

JesusIsAlive

lil bitchiness
I have a bachelor's degree, I will have a Masters soon, and I will have a high paid job, which will mostly consist of educating other people and striving to influence legislations.

If your god objects edication, then I do not like your god very much.

And why do we have to do anythig for Jesus - I tought he did stuff for us?

ThePittman
If God is opposed to worldly possessions then why does the church strive to claim the riches of it followers and drape themselves in gold and jewels?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ThePittman
If God is opposed to worldly possessions then why does the church strive to claim the riches of it followers and drape themselves in gold and jewels?

No, No, No god wants all the riches for himself. laughing

Regret

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No, No, No god wants all the riches for himself. laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

ThePittman
No, No, No god wants all the riches for himself. laughing yes

Robtard
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
If you want to go to Heaven, then confess Jesus the Christ as your Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, and you will be saved.

Honestly, that seems like a easy cop-out. One could then be a greedy thieving murderer the majority of their life, then have an epiphany, accept "Jesus the Christ as your Lord" and win a free trip to heaven and live in the afterlife side by side with the truly 'good' people by your rational. To me, it seems like an excuse to do whatever you like because you can then rationalize that 'I'll feel bad for it later and then be forgiven'.

Also, you never answered my question, do you live in self imposed poverty and give all you can to those less fortunate, saving only the bare minimum for yourself?

ThePittman

debbiejo
What secretly your heart desires will be given unto you if it is not selfish...........

Bardock42

JesusIsAlive

Alliance
WOW!

thumb down

Robtard
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive Not really Rob., you see God "knows" and "weighs" the hearts. God is aware of this seeming loophole in His plan, but it is just that: a seeming loophole. No one on this planet (past, present, or future) will outhink, outmanuever, or circumvent God's judgment. God is always infinitely steps ahead of our rationalizations, logic, and line of reasonings. In other words, God already has factored this variable or dynamic into the equation and prepared for it. There is nothing that surprises God, He sees everything (the past, the present moment, and the future simultaneously. God is truly the Bomb (as some say in modern vernacular). There is none like Him. Don't sweat the small stuff Rob., remember your thinking is finite. But God's understanding is in-fi-nite..

Speaking in vernacular... You're smoking crack dude! So God gave us free will and the ability to choose if we want to obey God's word or not, yet God can see the future and already knows if we will obey and go to Heaven or disobey and go to Hell... That sounds logical to you, something that a being of infinite omnipotence would do? Seems like God could just have pre-weeded out the losers and sent them directly to Hell. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.00 dollars.

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive The jasper wall of New Jerusalem is 600 feet high, its length 1500 miles, and its width 1500 miles. I got one word to describe this: Wow! Amazing! Huge! I can't wait! Sorry, folks for getting a little carried away. New Jerusalem is half the distance of the United States, and it is a city! There isn't a city this large in the universe. God truly is omnipotent or Almighty. The sheer power it took to create a city of this magnitude astounds me.

First of all, you do not know what wonders exist in the universe, the Hubble really isn't that strong when considering the size of the universe. Secondly, the Great Wall of China makes your mythological Jasper Wall look like a doll house. If it took God's power to create New Jerusalem, what did it take to create the Great Wall of China? Wait, that's right, the Chinese Pantheon has many Gods, they must have made it.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

Templares
Job 3:16 - God is a dick.

JesusIsAlive

Lord Urizen

Robtard
Prepare yourself like a man Rob., I will question you.

Prepare myself like a man? Ok, let me go down the list...

Testicles - Check and Check!
Penis - Check!

Ready Capt'N!

To answer your question, I do not know how it all started and I am confident that if there is sentient God, I do not believe man would be able to comprehend God's power as you claim to do. Let alone put that knowledge and power in a book.

Templares

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Templares
Ooohhh. Im a crybaby . . . . i came out of the womb cussing . . . . . Oh deary me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I dont know what to say. I feel insulted and at the same time, flattered that JIA took all that time to wrote a personal diatribe against me.

Anyway, my earlier post was in response to your long ass boring post which you just cut and paste from from the book of Job. God sent Satan to destroy Job's property, KILL his children and inflict him with a debilitating disease and when Job tries to justify himself, God swoops in and poetically bedazzles him with his AWESOME-NESS (hence the reference to Leviathan and Behemoth).

God is power-tripping on Job's expense. How do you describe that kind of person; A DICK (or jerk, or jackass, whichever you prefer).

Pretty accurate description.

Like I suspected, no home training.

Shakyamunison
Like I suspected, no home training.

What are you talking about?

Alliance
The part where you beat your kids until they blindly believe in Christ.

Robtard
The part where you beat your kids until they blindly believe in Christ.

The Bible is one of the best bludgeoning tools of all time. Paperback or hard cover...

JesusIsAlive
What are you talking about?

I was talking about Templares not getting any proper home training as a child.

Shakyamunison
I was talking about Templares not getting any proper home training as a child.

You mean potty training?

Alliance
no, he means the part where you beat your kids until they blindly believe in Christ.

Templares
Whats all this interest about my home training? blink
And i had potty training way before i got my first rabies shot. eek!

Shakyamunison
Whats all this interest about my home training? blink
And i had potty training way before i got my first rabies shot. eek!

I think he was taking about home schooling. He must be ashamed about it.

Alliance
Home schooling should be considered a crime against hummanity....but I insist he is referring to a "christian" education/beatings.

lord xyz
you cannot take anything from this life into the next (except things that you do for Jesus). hysterical2 I knew this thread was going to be about Jesus.

Templares
Home schooling should be considered a crime against hummanity....but I insist he is referring to a "christian" education/beatings.

But i receive AMPLE "Christian" education/beating when i was a young-in sad. But i suppose Roman Catholicism is not Christianity.

Alliance
Oh, silly me...no wonder you are so f*cked up...you weren't raised Christian.

RocasAtoll
But i receive AMPLE "Christian" education/beating when i was a young-in sad. But i suppose Roman Catholicism is not Christianity.

Wow. Catholics are Christians.

Alliance
Not according to some zealots.

DigiMark007
JesusIsAlive!

More than half the threads near the top of the forum belong to you. You're obviously welcome to do whatever with your threads and posts, but just for the sake of not creating threads to the point of spam, it might be wise to create less threads in such a short period of time.

...just something to think about.

Regret
Originally posted by DigiMark007
JesusIsAlive!

More than half the threads near the top of the forum belong to you. You're obviously welcome to do whatever with your threads and posts, but just for the sake of not creating threads to the point of spam, it might be wise to create less threads in such a short period of time.

...just something to think about.

This was suggested some time back, and JIA is much better than he was when this was suggested. I personally haven't had issue with the number of threads he starts for quite a while now, but then, I could just be considering it nice since I was around heavily when he used to start what seems like five to ten a day. Don't give him a hard time about that, JIA is much improved in his forum manners than when he started. He used to not even include monologue from himself, only pasted Bible, links and the long winded article from someone else. His post and thread habits are greatly improved.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
This was suggested some time back, and JIA is much better than he was when this was suggested. I personally haven't had issue with the number of threads he starts for quite a while now, but then, I could just be considering it nice since I was around heavily when he used to start what seems like five to ten a day. Don't give him a hard time about that, JIA is much improved in his forum manners than when he started. He used to not even include monologue from himself, only pasted Bible, links and the long winded article from someone else. His post and thread habits are greatly improved.

He learns his lessons the hard way. He doesn't realize it, but he gets back what he puts in, and that is why everyone gets on his case. If he wear to start putting out good things, he would receive good, even from those who hate him. BTW I'm not one of the ones who hate him.

Lord Urizen
He learns his lessons the hard way. He doesn't realize it, but he gets back what he puts in, and that is why everyone gets on his case. If he wear to start putting out good things, he would receive good, even from those who hate him. BTW I'm not one of the ones who hate him.

I don't Hate him either...i just thnk he's a F*ckhead.... confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I don't Hate him either...i just thnk he's a F*ckhead.... confused

That is good, I think. confused laughing

Lord Urizen
That is good, I think. confused laughing

droolio Did someone say Jesus Juice ?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Regret

Yeah, I realize there's improvement, but it still seems like every 3rd new thread is a heavily-quoted diatribe from one of his websites. He should really try to condense a lot of his material into discernable (and more readable) points.

And I have no problem with him personally....I'm just trying to look out for the forum more than anything.

Regret
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, I realize there's improvement, but it still seems like every 3rd new thread is a heavily-quoted diatribe from one of his websites. He should really try to condense a lot of his material into discernable (and more readable) points.

And I have no problem with him personally....I'm just trying to look out for the forum more than anything.

Yeah, I didn't know if you knew how he used to be. I believe in the shaping process, and so I try to reinforce those behaviors I think need it.

Shakyamunison
droolio Did someone say Jesus Juice ?

Gross. sick

Alliance
...?

marcu
JIA,

I am a fellow believer of God. So, the things I am going to suggest here are only intended to help you out here. I do not post here much, so I don't know the histiry of your thread making/posting here. However, I am seeing that people are a little tired of the amount of threads made by you. ANd going through some of your posts I notice that you have looooong posts and ALOT of bible qouting.

Might I suggest JIA that you try to converse with the non-believers here without too much bible qouting? I say this because non-believers don't really care what the bible says, so they would probably appreciate you speaking more from the heart. THat may help in befriending them and gaining respect from them. Find out if they were hurt in the past relating to church, as many people come from households/churches that turned them off. Share stories of your struggles...everyone has imperfections. I like to call these "stories" ..."COmfessions of a Christian Dirtbag". We all have struggles, addictions, problems etc. Show that you as a Chrisian are also a human being..a sinner if you will.

THese are only suggestioins. You may do with this advice what you want. Sharing about yourself and letting others share their stories may help more than you know!

God loves you for your outreach here, do not get me wrong. I just think that maybe you are coming off as a little strong and losing some respect. You are doing God will here by sharing and that is great!!!! Keep that up, just maybe think about changing your apporach!

Alliance
Wise counsel...except for the last paragraph.

marcu
Wise counsel...except for the last paragraph.

Oh, Alliance...you are a funny one! stick out tongue

But, Mr/Mrs JIA does have the right to share his/her faith. Let's just try to do this all so that everyone respects everyone and there's not a huge overload of information given that is not at this point useful! smile

Keep up that humor, dear. *smiles* The last paragraph was just fine, just fine. smile

Alliance
JIA does have the right to share his faith to a certain extent. He looses that right, not when he disagrees with others, but when his own opionions become harmful to others.

JIA consitantly makes reapeated, bigoted, and hateful statements agaisnt others on this forum, calling them Anti-christs and such.

Practically everyone else on teh forum is here to discuss ideas and learn about eachoters faiths and lack there of. JIA comes here to preach and tell us were wrond, then hypocritically attacks our personal rebuttals to his extremist views. He has not simply been sharing.

Saying you know God's will is rather arrogant is it not...isn't that a sin in you book?

marcu
JIA does have the right to share his faith to a certain extent. He looses that right, not when he disagrees with others, but when his own opionions become harmful to others.

JIA consitantly makes reapeated, bigoted, and hateful statements agaisnt others on this forum, calling them Anti-christs and such.

Practically everyone else on teh forum is here to discuss ideas and learn about eachoters faiths and lack there of. JIA comes here to preach and tell us were wrond, then hypocritically attacks our personal rebuttals to his extremist views. He has not simply been sharing.

Saying you know God's will is rather arrogant is it not...isn't that a sin in you book?

Yes I can see that some frustrating stuff is going on here.

Could you clarify your last scentence there Alliance. I am a little uncertain as to what you are meaning by it being a sin to say one knows God's will. Could you elaborate on that Alliance?

Alliance
I believe, according to the Bible, that arrogance is a sin. Is that correct?

marcu
Well, let's just take a step back here together Alliance Ok? *smiles*

I think that you had intitailly said that JIA saying that he knew God's Will was arrogant and thus a sin. Please correct me at this point if i misunderstood.
ANyway, as a christian, we read the bible, thus we know what God's Will would be for us in our lives. Do you follow so far Alliance? So, JIA is not sinning by saying that he/she knows God's Will. But, the arrogance part may be where the problem is. Arrogance is not good, just like many other things such as lying, cheating, selfishness etc. Are you getting what I am saying dear? Or should I explain differently?

lord xyz
I believe, according to the Bible, that arrogance is a sin. Is that correct? So is lying and ignorance.

Alliance
That is correct. I was just focusing on the one I consider to be the main point.

marcu
That is correct. I was just focusing on the one I consider to be the main point.

Ok, then. I would say that one saying that they know God's Will for their lives would not be a sin. I say this because His will for our life is written in the Bible.

Getting to the arrogance Alliance...I guess it all kind of falls into the whole "approach" thing that I have been talking about. JIA seems to be coming off as a little strong in his approach. I do agree that he/she needs to take a step back and evaluate his/her tactics here. I maintain that we are all real people. We are not avatars and sigs, so we need to be careful how we post. Especially when discussing religions as that can get out hand quickly.

Alliance
I was just saying that it's arrogant to claim that you know God's will.

lord xyz
Originally posted by marcu
Ok, then. I would say that one saying that they know God's Will for their lives would not be a sin. I say this because His will for our life is written in the Bible. What, a children's story book written by humans? I suppose next you'll say Moby Dick was the first scientist able to communicate with whales.

Getting to the arrogance Alliance...I guess it all kind of falls into the whole "approach" thing that I have been talking about. JIA seems to be coming off as a little strong in his approach. I do agree that he/she needs to take a step back and evaluate his/her tactics here. I maintain that we are all real people. We are not avatars and sigs, so we need to be careful how we post. Especially when discussing religions as that can get out hand quickly. He's saying you're arrogant marcu, not JIA.

Regret
Ok, then. I would say that one saying that they know God's Will for their lives would not be a sin. I say this because His will for our life is written in the Bible.

It is arrogant to judge another, it is stating, using Biblical logic, that the one judging is without sin, and the Bible states that all are sinners and in need of repentance.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

He who was without sin did not cast a stone now did he?

If Christ would not cast a stone, is it not arrogance for JIA to use the Bible to do so? Is it not claiming to know God's will/judgement for another?

marcu
xyz, I don't think that Alliance was referring to me as arrogant. I think he was referring to someone else as arrogant.

If I am wrong Alliance then please correct me dear.

Alliance,

I don't think that it is arrogant to say that one knows God's WIll if one is using that statement in reference to living life on earth. Because the bible would be ones guide to what is pleasing to God. Let me give you an example.

If you needed to know how to make chocolate cookies, you would look in a cookbook and the cookbook would tell you how do to that and wha steps to follow to be succesful at making them cookies right? So, a Christian lives life by using the bible as refernece to Gods WIll for their life. For direction and guidance if you will.

lord xyz
xyz, I don't think that Alliance was referring to me as arrogant. I think he was referring to someone else as arrogant.

If I am wrong Alliance then please correct me dear.

Alliance,

I don't think that it is arrogant to say that one knows God's WIll if one is using that statement in reference to living life on earth. Because the bible would be ones guide to what is pleasing to God. Let me give you an example.

If you needed to know how to make chocolate cookies, you would look in a cookbook and the cookbook would tell you how do to that and wha steps to follow to be succesful at making them cookies right? So, a Christian lives life by using the bible as refernece to Gods WIll for their life. For direction and guidance if you will. And how do you know the bible is god's will? It's most likely someone made it up. And it is arrogant to say you know god's will, and others don't.

marcu
Originally posted by lord xyz
And how do you know the bible is god's will? It's most likely someone made it up. And it is arrogant to say you know god's will, and others don't.

Uh, I never said that others don't know God's Will. Sorry if you felt that I had implied such a thing.

I am not here to argue with you xyz. *smiles* We are all people with different views and opinions and I am respecting that.

As far as how I know that the bible is God's Will, well, I am a believer of God. So, therefore i simply believe that to be the truth. Just like you are going by faith that it is opposite.

debbiejo
Could the Gnostic Bible is Original-Lost Bible

The original Christianity was a form of Hinduism and Buddhism. Gnostic Gospel Bible preached wisdom of Hindus and Buddhists to Christians. Gnostic Christianity preached Hinduism and Buddhism to Jews. Gnostic Gospels ware original canonical gospels. The Christian Church lost the Original Christian Bible, the original Gnostic Gospels, when Church burnt all available copy of all original Christian manuscripts in Egypt, Syria. Apostle Mary Magdalene was the Apostle-in-Chief in early Christianity. Apostle Judas was the favorite disciple of Jesus and Judas identified Jesus to Roman s at the request of Jesus himself. Christian Church, Orthodox as well as Catholic spent millennia from AD 325 to the start of the Renaissance Age ruthlessly establishing patriarchal Christianity by burning at stakes followers of Gnostic Christianity and then trying to maintain its status as a world power. Jesus of Nazareth preached the feminine aspect of god, and patriarchal Jews made the original matriarchal Mystical Christianity into a patriarchal monotheist Christianity.

Could the christianity we have to day really be based on paganism???

http://www.pathlights.com/theselastdays/tracts/tract_22d.htm

http://clearblogs.com/clashofreligions/1387/ GNOSTIC+GOSPELS+PROVED+THAT+JESUS+MARY+JUDAS+THOMA
S+WERE+HINDUS+-+by+Bhagwan+Kalki.html

Alliance
God loves you for your outreach here, do not get me wrong. I just think that maybe you are coming off as a little strong and losing some respect. You are doing God will here by sharing and that is great!!!! Keep that up, just maybe think about changing your apporach!

Yes marcau, I was accusing you of arrogance. Twice in this paragraph, you claim to know god's will.

Now, the Bible was written by man, edited by man, and in some cases totatlly rewritten by man. You can't take it as the specific word of god.
What if you're wrong, I don't think your God would like you speaking for him.

debbiejo
There are many many passages that were inserted from older pagan writings also............

Alliance
There were a LOT of translations errors...like Sea of Reeds to Red Sea.

Lord Urizen
If you needed to know how to make chocolate cookies, you would look in a cookbook and the cookbook would tell you how do to that and wha steps to follow to be succesful at making them cookies right? So, a Christian lives life by using the bible as refernece to Gods WIll for their life. For direction and guidance if you will.

Another HORRIBLE and irrelevant analogy as it does nothing to prove your point. The analogies defending the Bible's claim to Truth just keep getting worse and worse... sad

Imperial_Samura
Another HORRIBLE and irrelevant analogy as it does nothing to prove your point. The analogies defending the Bible's claim to Truth just keep getting worse and worse... sad

That makes me feel good about using bad analogies in response to pro-Biblical ones. One must fight fire with fire.

Though I had hoped that the end of that analogy would be "So Christians will turn chocolate cookies, and God will eat them and enjoy (and put on weight.)

Alliance
Christians go straight to your hips.

Imperial_Samura
Christians go straight to your hips.

But they are so addictive... or maybe I'm thinking of cocaine.

Alliance
Cocaine or pixie stix?

Imperial_Samura
Cocaine or pixie stix?

Pixie stix were disappointing as there weren't actual pixies in them.

Alliance
I had one in mine confused

ThePittman
I had one in mine confused laughing

Imperial_Samura
I had one in mine confused

I think that is seven years good luck.

Was it one of those modern ones that look kind of like floozies/tarts?

JesusIsAlive
And how do you know the bible is god's will? It's most likely someone made it up. And it is arrogant to say you know god's will, and others don't.

By the same token how do you know that it is not? We could give you a list of reason but then you would simply discount them.

Imperial_Samura
By the same token how do you know that it is not? We could give you a list of reason but then you would simply discount them.

One word - logic. We have no proof other then what the authors wrote that God has anything to do with it. What we do has is the knowledge it was written by men, put together by men, interpreted and used by men.

Proof God influenced the Bible - The Bible says he did.

Proof Men Wrote the Bible - Conclusive. We know they did.

Rational conclusion - we know men wrote the Bible, we have no proof they were divinely motivated, thus the most basic assumption is it is likely it is completely man made.

Alliance
Some people prefer to be irrational.

Imperial_Samura
Some people prefer to be irrational.

They need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the rational world.

Alliance
Is it our place to do such?

dark99
yes... stick out tongue

Alliance
no

At least not dragging.

Imperial_Samura
Is it our place to do such?

Probably not, they say enlightenment is something that has to be freely sought after.

.... But still it is hard to resist sometimes.

Alliance
Indeedy.

Lord Urizen

I actually would love if you gave me list of what evidense you have that God himself (or herself or itself) wrote out the actual Bible...it would be an eye opener.

Alliance
(and a short list)

Templares
Bible authors are as divinely inspired as Homer.

Imperial_Samura
Bible authors are as divinely inspired as Homer.

Maybe they were inspired by Homer.

Lord Urizen
I actually would love if you gave me list of what evidense you have that God himself (or herself or itself) wrote out the actual Bible...it would be an eye opener.

Still no list JIA ? Or am I, a child of Satan, on ignore and not worthy of your Holy Responses ?

Alliance
Homer.

Quiero Mota

JesusIsAlive

Who has more means to help the poor someone who is poor or someone who is well-off? The more that you have the more good you can do with what you have. If I have several billion and you have only .50 cents, who is in a better position to help the poor you or me? The more that I have the more I can give away or use to help someone in need .

Have you ever thought about it like this?

confused

Shakyamunison
Who has more means to help the poor someone who is poor or someone who is well-off? The more that you have the more good you can do with what you have. If I have several billion and you have only .50 cents, who is in a better position to help the poor you or me? The more that I have the more I can give away or use to help someone in need .

Have you ever thought about it like this?

confused

Money is corrupts.

Jbill311

so because you have no proof of a divine intervention, you assume that it must be a divine intervention? The simplest explanation (the bible was written by humans) is almost definately the correct one.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Jbill311
so because you have no proof of a divine intervention, you assume that it must be a divine intervention? The simplest explanation (the bible was written by humans) is almost definately the correct one.

It's worse then you can imagine. cool

Goddess Kali

We have asked you first to prove that God did write the Bible, and instead of trying to prove it, you throw the question right back at us.

Secondly, the Burden of Proof is on you, not us. You make a very Bold and Illogical claim, that God exists and that he wrote the Bible. Since there is no proof of God's existance, since the Bible contradicts itself and the rest of reality, and since it is historically proven that The Bible was written by human beings (at the Council of Nicea), it is not only logical to beleive that God didn't in fact write the Bible, it is most probable that he didn't.

Now, you who have made this irrational and unsupported claim must back it up. The Burden of Proof is on you, not us. Prove to us that God had in fact written the Bible.

Do not be lazy or play these games with us any further.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
We have asked you first to prove that God did write the Bible, and instead of trying to prove it, you throw the question right back at us.

Secondly, the Burden of Proof is on you, not us. You make a very Bold and Illogical claim, that God exists and that he wrote the Bible. Since there is no proof of God's existance, since the Bible contradicts itself and the rest of reality, and since it is historically proven that The Bible was written by human beings (at the Council of Nicea), it is not only logical to beleive that God didn't in fact write the Bible, it is most probable that he didn't.

Now, you who have made this irrational and unsupported claim must back it up. The Burden of Proof is on you, not us. Prove to us that God had in fact written the Bible.

Do not be lazy or play these games with us any further.

What is that old saying?... You can't get blood from a turnip.

Burning thought
JIA up to his old games of denying everybody and believing in ficticious things

from reading the first page, what if one person did do all those amazing things, it goes without saying that they will go down in history, become immortal in the way they would be remembered for a very long time, if not always by generations of their children

then another person lived life of loving god and of povety but in the end, God did not excist which so much evidence points to

then you die without a peny to your name, if you have not had children then you become nothing, your name would blow away in the wind and if you had children you will leave them without money, and they would become poor

Jim Reaper
I'm convinced... I'm going to become a serf.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Burning thought
JIA up to his old games of denying everybody and believing in ficticious things

from reading the first page, what if one person did do all those amazing things, it goes without saying that they will go down in history, become immortal in the way they would be remembered for a very long time, if not always by generations of their children

then another person lived life of loving god and of povety but in the end, God did not excist which so much evidence points to

then you die without a peny to your name, if you have not had children then you become nothing, your name would blow away in the wind and if you had children you will leave them without money, and they would become poor

What evidence is there that God does not exist?

JesusIsAlive

Using athesitic rationale and logic, how do you know that the Bible did not evolve over billions of years into the complex product that it is?

Boris
Cause.. it's a book?

Jbill311
Because the bible is a human product. We want our records and stories to stay as close to the original as possible. It has been thousands of years since the first story, the saga of Gilgamesh was written, but that story hasn't changed.

Using athesitic rationale and logic, how do you know that the Bible did not evolve over billions of years into the complex product that it is?
-JesusIsAlive

I don't use ATHEISTIC rationale and logic, because your belief in the a god, whether or not it exists, should not interfere with your cognitive processes. Logic should not be affected by belief.

Burning thought

the thousants of lupeholes and things that have been tought about him

also the evidence that there is no evidence "for" Gods excistence is evidence itself that God doesnt not excist

JesusIsAlive
the thousants of lupeholes and things that have been tought about him

also the evidence that there is no evidence "for" Gods excistence is evidence itself that God doesnt not excist

But there is evidence you just fail or refuse to recognize and acknowledge it as such. Everything that you perceive with your senses was created by God in a technical sense because God created all matter.

Shakyamunison
But there is evidence you just fail or refuse to recognize and acknowledge it as such. Everything that you perceive with your senses was created by God in a technical sense because God created all matter.

God is all.

Burning thought

see this -_-_-_- its perfect evidence stating God does not excists, you simply just fail or refuse to recognize and acknowledge it as such

Shakyamunison
see this -_-_-_- its perfect evidence stating God does not excists, you simply just fail or refuse to recognize and acknowledge it as such

Wow! -_-_-_- is so profound. laughing

Burning thought
Wow! -_-_-_- is so profound. laughing

i know, its the undeniable evidence that God does not excist

Shakyamunison
i know, its the undeniable evidence that God does not excist

At least the Christian god. wink laughing

Burning thought
At least the Christian god. wink laughing

yes it would take a good few more -_- to prove no god excists, not sure i am learned and capable enough of it yet

PITT_HAPPENS
But there is evidence you just fail or refuse to recognize and acknowledge it as such. Everything that you perceive with your senses was created by God in a technical sense because God created all matter. So pain, despair, evil, death and so on?

Jbill311
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Shakyamunison
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

That is just way over my head. laughing

Jbill311
I had my brother's college professor check it and he said it was all in order, but that ...-_-...could also be written ...--_...
Happy Dance alien Happy Dance ninja Happy Dance alien Happy Dance

Adam_PoE

What evidence is there that leprechauns and unicorns do not exist? Do you believe in leprechauns and unicorns?

Jbill311
or the flying spaghetti monster?

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
What evidence is there that leprechauns and unicorns do not exist? Do you believe in leprechauns and unicorns?

http://www.qune.net/the_cn_report/images/leprechaun_1.jpg

I want da gold!

Burning thought
or the flying spaghetti monster?

nah i know he excisted long ago...before i fancied a taste of spaghetti and ive eaten him, the only proof i could show is the wriggling mess in my bowl that i could quite finish off....unless i dropped the hamster in there ofcourse sad

leonheartmm

JesusIsAlive

AngryManatee
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

The Dark Cloud
The world is definitly real. Souls probably aren't

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
The world is definitly real. Souls probably aren't

Without the spirit-soul the human body would be a lifeless shell.

jaden101

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by jaden101
Astonishing hypocrisy isn't it? What with the Catholic Church being the single richest organisation in all of existence.

You missed the point. To have all of these things without having Jesus Christ in your heart and life is the foolish part.

Amazing Vrayo!!
You missed the point. To have all of these things without having Jesus Christ in your heart and life is the foolish part. Why do we have to give money to jesus? What is he doing with all that cash?

Spartan005
Without the spirit-soul the human body would be a lifeless shell.

Exactly. Why does no one else seem to understand this?

Jesusisalive, have you ever donated money to prayerhour? Ever since I started, I've felt a closer connection with God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlcpNg0CPnI

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
Why do we have to give money to jesus? What is he doing with all that cash?

The money does not go directly to the Lord Jesus. It goes to support His work in the earth.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Spartan005
Exactly. Why does no one else seem to understand this?

Jesusisalive, have you ever donated money to prayerhour? Ever since I started, I've felt a closer connection with God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlcpNg0CPnI

I've never heard of prayer hour but I do pay tithes to my local church.

jaden101
The money does not go directly to the Lord Jesus. It goes to support His work in the earth.

The vatican barely uses a fraction of the dividends on doing "Jesus's work". Never mind the $20,000,000,000 it has in shares alone. Not including it's property and it ridiculously huge amounts of gold. (how does hoarding gold equate to doing God's work?)

They're not known as the biggest tax evaders in Italy for nothing either.

Greedy, corrupt pigs. The lot of them.

lord xyz
JIA, are you a paedophile?

JesusIsAlive
The vatican barely uses a fraction of the dividends on doing "Jesus's work". Never mind the $20,000,000,000 it has in shares alone. Not including it's property and it ridiculously huge amounts of gold. (how does hoarding gold equate to doing God's work?)

They're not known as the biggest tax evaders in Italy for nothing either.

Greedy, corrupt pigs. The lot of them.

Well, first of all I was not referring to the Vatican.

I am talking about Christian not Catholic ministries doing the work of God (e.g. Ever Increasing Faith Ministries, Kenneth Copeland Ministries, Creflo Dollar Ministries, Light Ministries in Houston Texas, Bill Winston Ministries, Kenneth Hagin Ministries, Joyce Meyer Ministries etc.)

The work of God is preaching the gospel of the Kingdom, the existence and maintenance of the local church, helping the poor, supporting missionaries, etc. The above Christian ministries do a great job of doing the work of God.

Shakyamunison
JIA, are you a paedophile?

Why do you think JIA is a paedophile?

jaden101
Well, first of all I was not referring to the Vatican.

I am talking about Christian not Catholic ministries doing the work of God (e.g. Ever Increasing Faith Ministries, Kenneth Copeland Ministries, Creflo Dollar Ministries, Light Ministries in Houston Texas, Bill Winston Ministries, Kenneth Hagin Ministries, Joyce Meyer Ministries etc.)

The work of God is preaching the gospel of the Kingdom, the existence and maintenance of the local church, helping the poor, supporting missionaries, etc. The above Christian ministries do a great job of doing the work of God.

So you'd rather use a load of tiny and insignificant representatives of Christianity rather than the largest representative of Christianity.

lord xyz
Why do you think JIA is a paedophile? Extremist, probably no friends, probably had a bad childhood.

Makes sense.

Shakyamunison
Extremist, probably no friends, probably had a bad childhood.

Makes sense.

Well, he could just as easily be a serial killer.

lord xyz
Well, he could just as easily be a serial killer. He's more likely to be prosecuted for that.

Simply wanting a bit of child ass, not so much.

JesusIsAlive
So you'd rather use a load of tiny and insignificant representatives of Christianity rather than the largest representative of Christianity.

Well I don't believe that the Catholic church represents Christianity. There are way too many gross inconsistencies in their doctrine and practices relative to the Bible.

jaden101
Well I don't believe that the Catholic church represents Christianity. There are way too many gross inconsistencies in their doctrine and practices relative to the Bible.

No doubt they'd say the same thing about differing factions of Christianity. Doesn't the fact that the entire thing is down to interpretation of the bible show you how absurd the whole idea of it being "The word of God" is. Surely if it truly is the word of God then it would have only 1 interpretation of it. Surely God isn't imperfect in that he would dictate a vague record of his commands for the human race.

JesusIsAlive
No doubt they'd say the same thing about differing factions of Christianity. Doesn't the fact that the entire thing is down to interpretation of the bible show you how absurd the whole idea of it being "The word of God" is. Surely if it truly is the word of God then it would have only 1 interpretation of it. Surely God isn't imperfect in that he would dictate a vague record of his commands for the human race.

No, the Word of God is not the issue it is absolute.

Whether the Bible is interpreted correctly or not does not change what it is: the Word of God.

Shakyamunison
No, the Word of God is not the issue it is absolute.

Whether the Bible is interpreted correctly or not does not change what it is: the Word of God.

But what if your interpretation of the bible is wrong? That would mean that your belief is also wrong.

You seem to always look at other Christians and say they are wrong, but you never consider the possibility you are wrong. With this way of thinking, you never examine your belief, and you can never correct where you are wrong, and grow.

Only a fool is so confident in his beliefs that he will not examine them.

JesusIsAlive
But what if your interpretation of the bible is wrong? That would mean that your belief is also wrong.

You seem to always look at other Christians and say they are wrong, but you never consider the possibility you are wrong. With this way of thinking, you never examine your belief, and you can never correct where you are wrong, and grow.

Only a fool is so confident in his beliefs that he will not examine them.

But I believe the Bible and I believe that it must be rightly divided. It is possible to do this if you are indwelt by the Holy Spirit, give yourself to prayer and to the study of God' Word. Furthermore, you must have a general understanding of the Bible one that extends from Genesis to Revelation. This comes through daily reading and study. This will provide the basis for further, deeper comprehension of the more metaphorical concepts. Plus it helps to show the connection among all the books of the Bible. I go to great lengths to know what I am talking about before I post. I do all of the things that I talk about in this post. I am not just someone who picks up a Bible (for argument sake), opens it up, goes to a chapter and verse that someone has quoted, in order to disprove something they have said. I actually live by this Book, believe it, and study it.

So there is a real distinction between myself and perhaps you for example. I really commit to know and understand the Bible and trust that it is given by inspiration of God. Could I be wrong in my understanding and interpretation of the Bible? Sure I could but that possibility is greatly minimized because of all of the effort that I put into rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>