cyclops and wolverine vs storm and captain america

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
happens in the city, who wins?

Ext@nt
Really hard to tell. Cap could take out Cyclops and Storm could take out Wolverine from a distance.

emporerpants
hmmm, i think cyke would take cap. cap would have the best chance going for wolvie.

Metalmanx
Cyke and Wolverine win.

Cyke takes out Storm as fast as possible, which is pretty damn fast.

And then it's Cyke and Wolverine vs. Cap.

Thus, Slim and Logan win.

Draco69
My vote is for Cap and Storm. Cap instructs Storm to hide behind him and his shield while she conjures a hurricane.....

HandOfFate
Storm and Cap hide behind his shield, while she uses her lightning bolt to make this a quick fight.

Dang...Draco beat me to it.smile

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Draco69
My vote is for Cap and Storm. Cap instructs Storm to hide behind him and his shield while she conjures a hurricane.....

So they get an unfair prep advantage? What the f**k?

Metalmanx
Unless otherwise stated, they start off facing each other.

That means, Cyke takes out Storm immediately. Cap will have enough time to deflect a second blast. However, when he has to deal with both the melee combat of Wolverine and the long-distance attacks fo Cyclops, he won't survive for more than a few seconds. erm

It's no offense to Cap. He just can't handle all that at once.

Cyke and Wolvie win.

jollyjim311
At first I want to say Storm and Cap, but, Cyclops can shoot down Storm faster than she can fry him.

Draco69
Originally posted by Metalmanx
So they get an unfair prep advantage? What the f**k?

Well, Storm and Cap are standing near each other. Cyclops needs at least a second to open his visor.

Either Storm quickly gets behind Steve or Cap deflects Cyclops' initial blast at Storm and continues covering for Storm until she blows the poor bastards to Asia....

emporerpants
hmmm, i'm still leaning towards cyke and wolvie, but draco's got me thinking. if cyke did the good ol omniblast storm and cap would be a smear on the street. but then again, i but this in the city and had no bloodlust to specifically take away the omniblast, as to make this a closer fight. imo cyke would zap storm before cap could block for her though.

Metalmanx
Well, Storm and Cap are standing near each other. Cyclops needs at least a second to open his visor.

Either Storm quickly gets behind Steve or Cap deflects Cyclops' initial blast at Storm and continues covering for Storm until she blows the poor bastards to Asia....

I apologize, but I'm going to need a lot more of these What the f**k? apparently.

What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

This should do for now.

A second? Cyke can get off multiple shots in a second. Especially when utilizing his glove-switch. Do you realize just how little time that takes to hit a switch in the palm of your hand with your fingers? Very little time. Much less than a second. He will be able to hit her waaaay before she hits him. Cap won't be deflecting anything unless he moves faster than the speed of light now.

HandOfFate
A second? Cyke can get off multiple shots in a second. Especially when utilizing his glove-switch. Do you realize just how little time that takes to hit a switch in the palm of your hand with your fingers? Very little time. Much less than a second. He will be able to hit her waaaay before she hits him. Cap won't be deflecting anything unless he moves faster than the speed of light now.

WTF. What issue show Cyke firing off multiple shots in a second? Keep in mind his visor has to open and close to do multiple shots.

Brian Oswald

You didin't calculate the time it takes Cap to tell Storm to hide behind him.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by HandOfFate
WTF. What issue show Cyke firing off multiple shots in a second?

Unfortunately, I don't have any specific comics to show you. But he does it all the time, especially when he's facing a small army of armed opponents.

Draco69
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
You didin't calculate the time it takes Cap to tell Storm to hide behind him.

I was kinda hoping Storm was smart enough to that herself. The shield is about three feet wide.

But no. She's a housewife now. She'll need Cap to instruct her step by step....

Brian Oswald
I was kinda hoping Storm was smart enough to that herself. The shield is about three feet wide.

But no. She's a housewife now. She'll need Cap to instruct her step by step....
Well if she is unaware of the plan then she may not hide behind the shield.

emporerpants
lol

Draco69
Well if she is unaware of the plan then she may not hide behind the shield.

They're both smart. Leaders they have been. Storm knows Cyclops can take her out in one shot so she automatically gets behind Cap.

Cap also knows that Storm is capable of wrecking the opposition if she has just enough time to do so.

Brian Oswald
They're both smart. Leaders they have been. Storm knows Cyclops can take her out in one shot so she automatically gets behind Cap.

Cap also knows that Storm is capable of wrecking the opposition if she has just enough time to do so.
Very true. I say Storm and Cap take this

Metalmanx

And while I would normally agree with this strategy (it really is a good one), it's rendered completey futile by the fact that they're facing Cyclops. He can blast them much faster than they can evade his attack.

Now, if it had been Gambit or Jubilee or someone like that...then yes. They'd have enough time. Cyke's attack is just too fast.

Thus, Cyke and Wolvie win.

Ext@nt
Storm could fly around Cyclops blasts. He can't dodge her lightening as easily.

Draco69
Originally posted by Ext@nt

She would need to lift off first. He would shoot her down before she gains enough altitude.

Getting behind Cap is her best strategy to stay alive.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Ext@nt

Sigh...

You're assuming she starts off in the air. But sure, we'll roll with it.

Even IF she's in the air, Cyke is a damn ace marksman with his blast. He'll nail her out of the sky.

jollyjim311
Sigh...

You're assuming she starts off in the air. But sure, we'll roll with it.

Even IF she's in the air, Cyke is a damn ace marksman with his blast. He'll nail her out of the sky.

No crap, he aims with his eyes. If he can see it, he can blast it.

HandOfFate
Cyke while under the mental control of Candra

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7237/cykeandstormsc3.th.jpg

Jesse7
What good will the shield do if Cyke just takes off his visor and omni blast everywhere, the shield will protect a 3 foot area but then the rest of their bodies are destroyed.

braz
well, this is really just a toss up. just a matter of what happens faster, storm brewing up a thunderstorm and striking with lightning, or Cyke blastin his optic beams, which IMO would be stopped by Cappys shield, but through sheer concussive force, it would knock Cap back pretty good n then Cyclops could finish him off from there. then prolly by now, Storms struck wolvie with lightning, and Cyke blasts her.

ionno. cuz Storm cuz also strike cyke too, which would leave just wolverine whos melee attacking, and thus would get struck too..
idunno. 5/10

xmarksthespot
The shield is about 2.5 feet wide. And frankly a 6 ft man trying to hide behind it is ridiculous and already stretching the suspension of disbelief, add a near 6 ft woman? Not happening.

Cyclops and Wolverine win.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Jesse7
What good will the shield do if Cyke just takes off his visor and omni blast everywhere, the shield will protect a 3 foot area but then the rest of their bodies are destroyed.
If it is in a city, Cyke wouldn't kill everyone in it with an omniblast

Metalmanx
Gah. He doesn't need a damn omni-blast to win.

One direct blast at Storm kills her.

Then, it's Cyke and Wolvie vs. Cap. He lives for another 10 seconds at the most.

xmarksthespot
Bwak.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3097/12yr6.th.jpg

Up In Flames
cyclops and storm are able to attack their opponents from a distance, giving them the upper hand in this battle, but between the two, i'd say storm is superior in abilities. looking at wolvie and cap, i'd say wolvie has the upper hand taking into contrast his claws and healing factor.

we have a tie, ladies and gentlmen...

Brian Oswald
Gah. He doesn't need a damn omni-blast to win.

One direct blast at Storm kills her.

Then, it's Cyke and Wolvie vs. Cap. He lives for another 10 seconds at the most.
A powerless Storm has doged Cyke's blast before.

Brian Oswald
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9822/stormvscyclops31es.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6360/stormvscyclops49us.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5593/stormvscyclops57my.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6441/stormvscyclops68mm.jpg
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9026/stormvscyclops75gi.jpg

Grimm22
This is basicly Cykes vs Storm no expression

larryfilmmaker
wait what? How can a shield (a few feet around) hide 2 adults from a blast that can be as "wide as a football field" and can "blow a hole through a mountain"? I think Wolverine would just relax and take a load off while Cyke tossed his visor to the ground, destroyed the battlefield, the weather witch, and the cap, then joined Wolverine for a drink by the pool.

What If...
Storm and cap.

Don't try to say Cyclops can beat storm please.

She curbstomped him without her powers.

Human reflexes + lightning > Human reflexes + visor pew pew pew.

Lol someone doesn't know caps shield.

riceroost
Originally posted by What If...
Lol someone doesn't know caps shield. LOL someone thinks Cap's shield acts like the Invisible Woman's forcefields.

xmarksthespot
Storm vs concussive force:Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Bwak.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3097/12yr6.th.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2582/cycvsstorm9bl.th.gif
Cyclops has taken Storm's channeling of an entire planet's lightning before. Emma Frost human form has taken Storm's lightning multiple times.

Two people aren't hiding behind a 2.5 ft diameter disc and frankly doing so would do jack shit anyway, even if they could, but they can't.
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8507/murderworldze2.th.jpg

ExtraMision5555
why do people always mention lightning? why not a hailstorm? massive rain? severe wind?

xmarksthespot
Lightning's her fastest attack. And it's still too slow.

SpunkySmurph
Ok... first of all, a couple of the arguments saying Cyke could take out the opposition in seconds is what his POWERS MIGHT be able to do. Because, Cyke, like everybody else, has to react. He has to flip his visor, or at least register that hes in a battle. After all, its not like Cyke's first reaction after seeing somebody in the street is to shoot them.
Now, that MAY be sufficient time for Storm to either duck behind scenery, or hide behind Cap. Even then , unless one was mind controlled, blood lusted, etc., Cyke would probably be hesitant to take out Storm. I think his first reaction would be to go for Cap, who would probably be much more agressive.

Now, for those of you who say the sheild is only so wide, thats not important. Unless the omni-blast was used, (which wouldn't happen), Captain America, whose reflexes are around peak human, would (most of the time) be able to block them with his sheild. Cyclopses blasts have been dodged in the past, and Cap is an expert with his indestructible sheild.

Then there's Wolverine. He would probably sneak up on Cap, and attack him. Probably subdue or KO him if he got the jump on the Super Soldier. While Cyke was firing.

Seeing this, Storm would realize what she had to do, and fire off lightning, while they were focussed on Cap. And while she takes a slower time to fire them, her lightning is much harder to dodge. She takes out Cyke. If Cap's still concious, he might be able to seperate himself from Wolverine. If not, Wolv's would probably go for Storm anyways. In either scenario, she takes him out faster then he can get to her.

Metalmanx

I know, I've seen the scans. And I never agreed with it. Unless Storm is in the Spider-Man range of agility and reflexes, she should never be able to dodge such an attack.

Scott has blasted holes through quarters that were tossed up in the air.

And I know that's only one example, but if I sat here trying to relate all of his marksman examples, I'd be here all week.

Storm isn't dodging his blast.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Ok... first of all, a couple of the arguments saying Cyke could take out the opposition in seconds is what his POWERS MIGHT be able to do. Because, Cyke, like everybody else, has to react. He has to flip his visor, or at least register that hes in a battle. After all, its not like Cyke's first reaction after seeing somebody in the street is to shoot them.
Now, that MAY be sufficient time for Storm to either duck behind scenery, or hide behind Cap. Even then , unless one was mind controlled, blood lusted, etc., Cyke would probably be hesitant to take out Storm. I think his first reaction would be to go for Cap, who would probably be much more agressive.

Now, for those of you who say the sheild is only so wide, thats not important. Unless the omni-blast was used, (which wouldn't happen), Captain America, whose reflexes are around peak human, would (most of the time) be able to block them with his sheild. Cyclopses blasts have been dodged in the past, and Cap is an expert with his indestructible sheild.

Then there's Wolverine. He would probably sneak up on Cap, and attack him. Probably subdue or KO him if he got the jump on the Super Soldier. While Cyke was firing.

Seeing this, Storm would realize what she had to do, and fire off lightning, while they were focussed on Cap. And while she takes a slower time to fire them, her lightning is much harder to dodge. She takes out Cyke. If Cap's still concious, he might be able to seperate himself from Wolverine. If not, Wolv's would probably go for Storm anyways. In either scenario, she takes him out faster then he can get to her.

Under different circumstances, I might agree with you.

However, seeing as the thread-starter didn't say this was a random occurrence fight, that's not how it happens. Unless otherwise stated, they start off facing each other.

Facing each other, there's no way Scott is going to miss Ororo. She can't react in time to dodge the blast.

With her down, it's an easy defeat of Captain America for the win.

Silent Master

In a fight where it was later stated that Madelyne was mentally affecting Scott.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Silent Master
In a fight where it was later stated that Madelyne was mentally affecting Scott.

Oh yea. Good point. Almost forgot that.

emporerpants
ah, silent master beat me to it.

Brian Oswald
...She still dodged his shots. Displaying agility if anything

Darth Martin
Scott/Logan ftw. Cyclops can fire his weapon much faster than Storm(she has to summon her powers and all that BS!). Cyxclops should obliterate Cap.

HandOfFate
...She still dodged his shots. Displaying agility if anything

True.

Notice how everything depends on Cyke taking out Storm before she can react.

What happens if Cap use his peak human reflexes to anticipate and block Cyke's optic blast with his sheild?

IIRC, Cap's Vibranium-Adimantium shield would absorb a lot Cyke's optic blast kinetic energy.

FireIncarnate
Im going for Cap and Storm.

Storm very quickly ducks behind Cap's shield, then fries them all.

Or

How fast can she summon winds? Coz perhaps as the blast was coming at her, she could control the winds and air molecules to deflect it somehow?

**FI**

Metalmanx
Sigh...

Cap and Storm ARE NOT THE FLASH.

It takes a fraction of a second for Cyke to unleash his optic blast. And then they travel at the speed of light. They CANNOT react fast enough to dodge/block this attack.

If Cyke had really, truly wanted Storm down (and when he's not being mentally hindered), he would easily do it.

Cyke takes out Storm immediately. There will be no "Cap shielding her at the last second". There won't be a second for him to react.

Then it's Cyke and Wolverine vs. Cap.

staxamillion
even if cap did block the oncoming blast from clops don't think its like a bullet he has to shoot one at a time. while clops is keeping them busy wolverine can make the distance and turn it into close quarters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.