How long can these gentlemen hold Sears Tower on his back ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Imagine... a test of strength.....

which of the following guys can hold the whole Sears Tower
(443 Meters to the roof) the longest on his back ?

Imagine .. Chicagos Sears Tower is the biggest Skyscraper in America

Savage Hulk

Thor

Immortal Hercules

The Thing

Wonderman

Champion

Namor

Kurse

Classic Juggernaut

Sasquatch

Colossus

The Abomination

How would this list go ?

King_Mungi
It would crumble if they tried to lift it up

Betageuze
so this.. would be the special challenge for each of them...

to lift it up.. so that the tower would not crumble

Inhuman
for the record the sears tower weighs in at 222500 tons.

some of those guys would get crushed under it or break their arms off trying to lift it.

Betageuze
thanks inhuman... for this info.....

hmm.....

my favourites are Hulk and Hercules

Hulk.. held a mountain on his back
Hercules.. the whole isle of Manhattan

Tron
Originally posted by Betageuze
so this.. would be the special challenge for each of them...

to lift it up.. so that the tower would not crumble

They would fail at that. To hold all that weight at a single focal point, the tower crumbles. Now, say it's covered in a force field, and that's one less problem they have to worry about.

thanks inhuman... for this info.....

hmm.....

my favourites are Hulk and Hercules

Hulk.. held a mountain on his back
Hercules.. the whole isle of Manhattan

Hercules never held Manhattan, he was overexagerating a story to some kid.

aliveinboston
Imagine... a test of strength.....

which of the following guys can hold the whole Sears Tower
(443 Meters to the roof) the longest on his back ?

Imagine .. Chicagos Sears Tower is the biggest Skyscraper in America

Savage Hulk

Thor

Immortal Hercules

The Thing

Wonderman

Champion

Namor

Kurse

Classic Juggernaut

Sasquatch

Colossus

The Abomination

How would this list go ?

Most of these guys wouldnt be bothered by the weight. The real problem is balance and so the guy with the most leverage would win. That would be sasquatch. He's not the strongest on the list but he's probably the largest.

Priest
Savage hulk, Kurse, thor, and hercules

snoopdogg
Didn't Gladiator uproot the Baxter building? How big is that suppose to be?

Grimm22
Ok first off I have to say this thread is very disrespectful especially on today.

Second off, Gladiator wins this.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Grimm22
Ok first off I have to say this thread is very disrespectful especially on today.

This thread is not disrespectful, not very well thought out, but not disrespectdul.

The sears tower is in chicago. Your implication that the original poster was infering anything else is actually what's disrespectful.

Grimm22
I've been to the sears tower.

There is no way in hell, Thing, Colossus, Wonderman or Namor are holding it up no expression

galan7777777
if champ had the power gem then id say he could somewhat easily do it assuming that the tower could somehow be held in one point...... but if he didnt have the power gem id go with herc or kurse

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by KharmaDog

The sears tower is in chicago. Your implication that the original poster was infering anything else is actually what's disrespectful.

Indeed ....

There is no way in hell, Thing, Colossus, Wonderman or Namor are holding it up

Agreed ....

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Grimm22

There is no way in hell, Thing, Colossus, Wonderman or Namor are holding it up no expression So have I also. And yea those 4 guys are not gonna hold it. Those are level 6 guys. Oh and don't forget Sasquatch too. I cannot see him doing it either.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by snoopdogg
So have I also. And yea those 4 guys are not gonna hold it. Those are level 6 guys. Oh and don't forget Sasquatch too. I cannot see him doing it either.

OMG, someone else exempt from G.S. who understands the level system. I totally agree. I think Atlas could probably do it, and hes a low Level 7, IMO. Wondermans the only on your short list who may stand a chance. He s pratically matched Abomination, who is also considered a Low level 7. Apparently he also once lifted an Island ?

newjak86
Well since this a who can hold it the longest your gonna have to go with the people that
A) Don't tire
B) Don't Age
C) Can lift it

galan7777777
but which character has ever lifed anywhere near over 2 million tons?

newjak86
Originally posted by galan7777777
but which character has ever lifed anywhere near over 2 million tons? Thor has lifted a creature the size of Earth before. Hulk has lifted mountains on his back.

Kurse is supposed to be amped up enough to match strength with Thor and Herc is the same league as Thor if not a little stronger

Champion is stronger than Thor I think

Juggernaut is also supposed to be equal to or greater than Thor in strength so I'm assuming all these guys could do it.

NOw it just comes to who on that list own't tire or die of old age ever

galan7777777
Originally posted by newjak86
Thor has lifted a creature the size of Earth before. Hulk has lifted mountains on his back.

Kurse is supposed to be amped up enough to match strength with Thor and Herc is the same league as Thor if not a little stronger

Champion is stronger than Thor I think

Juggernaut is also supposed to be equal to or greater than Thor in strength so I'm assuming all these guys could do it.

NOw it just comes to who on that list own't tire or die of old age ever kurse is roughly 4x as strong as thor, and twice as strong as thor when thor is wearing his strength enhancing belt which doubles his normal power

Grimm22
Originally posted by snoopdogg
So have I also. And yea those 4 guys are not gonna hold it. Those are level 6 guys. Oh and don't forget Sasquatch too. I cannot see him doing it either.

Yep forgot about him big grin

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Tron

And Hulk just had some leverage under one portion of that mountain. Saying he lifted the mountain is a gross exaggeration, as 99% of it was still touching the ground.

olympian
Originally posted by Tron
They would fail at that. To hold all that weight at a single focal point, the tower crumbles. Now, say it's covered in a force field, and that's one less problem they have to worry about.

1- This is comics, its rare to see things realistic crumble when heroes try to lift them.

2- He moved it back to its proper place. Its the one where he says he easily lift it to trow thor out thats the exagerattion.

MJOILNIR
Hercules did drag Manhatten with a chain. That wasnt a story, it happened on panel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.