is Saint Paul heretic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejayd
* is Saint Paul heretic?

"And count the forbearance of our Lord as salvation. So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
Speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures.
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, beware lest you be carried away with the error of lawless men and lose your own stability."
II Peter 3:15-17

* Saint Peter approves ALL epistles of Saint Paul... if Saint Paul was a heretic, he should not had received a recommendation from Saint Peter but a rebuke... wink

Shakyamunison
I believe so, but it really doesn't matter.

peejayd
* ah, yes... because you're a buddhist, right? wink

DigiMark007
Am I the only one that didn't understnad this thread?

peejayd
* to be specific, my point is, ms.debbiejo often accuses Saint Paul being a heretic, and changed the teachings of Jesus... however, it was one of the pillars of the apostles - Saint Peter himself - that assures us the wisdom of God through the epistles of Saint Paul... wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by peejayd
* ah, yes... because you're a buddhist, right? wink

No, I believed that when I was a Christian. Now, it does not matter to me.

debbiejo
Yes he was a heretic along with many heretical writings of the bible.
http://www.mystae.com/restricted/reflections/messiah/pagan.html

We find no less that twelve mythical-historical personages before the advent of Christ, who are said to have suffered crucifixion/death and to have risen from the dead. Among them are:
Krishna
Wittoba
Osiris
Attis
Indra
Prometheus
Mithra
Dionysus
Hesus
Aesculapius
Adonis
Apollonius of Tyana
Several of these figures are said to have been crucified at the spring equinox and to have risen on the third day."
- The Christian Conspiracy: The Orthodox Suppression of Original Christianity

"Osiris was murdered and his body dismembered and scattered. The pieces of his body were recovered and rejoined, and the god was rejuvenated. However, he did not return to his former mode of existence but rather journeyed to the underworld, where he became the powerful lord of the dead. In no sense can Osiris be said to have 'risen' in the sense required by the dying and rising pattern."
"In no sense can the dramatic myth of his death and reanimation be harmonized to the pattern of dying and rising gods."
- J. Smith, Dying and Rising Gods, pp. 524-525

"What is meant of Osiris being 'raised to life'? Simply that, thanks to the ministrations of Isis, he is able to lead a life beyond the tomb which is an almost perfect replica of earthly existence. But he will never again come among the living and will reign only over the dead....This revived god is in reality a 'mummy' god "
- Roland de Vaux, The Bible and the Ancient Near East, 1971, p. 236

The abode of the Egyptian gods was not on earth, however, but in the polar star - the celestial region of the goddess Nut.

"...The followers of Dionysus (Bacchus), the god of wine, did believe in immortality. But they did not hope for a resurrection of the body; nor did they base their faith on the reborn Dionysus of the Orphics, but rather on their experience of drunken ecstasy (cf. M. Nilsson, The Dionysiac Mysteries of the Hellenistic and Roman Age, 1957)."
- Edwin M. Yamauchid, "Easter: Myth, Hallucination, or History?"

"There is no suggestion of Adonis rising (in either the Panyasisian form or the Ovidian form of the myth)."
- J. Smith, Dying and Rising Gods, p. 522
Paul's Use of Terminology from the Mysteries
"...When Paul entitles himself a 'master-builder', he is using a word pre-eminently kabalistic, theurigic, and masonic, and one which no other apostle uses."
- H. P. Blavatsky, Isis Unveiled

"As a wise master-builder, I have laid the foundation. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you. Let a man so account of us as the minister of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
"Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect, yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to naught. How that by revelation, be made known to us the mystery of the Kingdom."
- 1 Corininthians 3:10

Got to love Peter too...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355229

Templares
I believe Galatians 2 have Paul owning Peter.

peejayd
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yes he was a heretic along with many heretical writings of the bible.
http://www.mystae.com/restricted/reflections/messiah/pagan.html

We find no less that twelve mythical-historical personages before the advent of Christ, who are said to have suffered crucifixion/death and to have risen from the dead. Among them are:
Krishna
Wittoba
Osiris
Attis
Indra
Prometheus
Mithra
Dionysus
Hesus
Aesculapius
Adonis
Apollonius of Tyana
Several of these figures are said to have been crucified at the spring equinox and to have risen on the third day."
- The Christian Conspiracy: The Orthodox Suppression of Original Christianity

"Osiris was murdered and his body dismembered and scattered. The pieces of his body were recovered and rejoined, and the god was rejuvenated. However, he did not return to his former mode of existence but rather journeyed to the underworld, where he became the powerful lord of the dead. In no sense can Osiris be said to have 'risen' in the sense required by the dying and rising pattern."
"In no sense can the dramatic myth of his death and reanimation be harmonized to the pattern of dying and rising gods."
- J. Smith, Dying and Rising Gods, pp. 524-525

"What is meant of Osiris being 'raised to life'? Simply that, thanks to the ministrations of Isis, he is able to lead a life beyond the tomb which is an almost perfect replica of earthly existence. But he will never again come among the living and will reign only over the dead....This revived god is in reality a 'mummy' god "
- Roland de Vaux, The Bible and the Ancient Near East, 1971, p. 236

The abode of the Egyptian gods was not on earth, however, but in the polar star - the celestial region of the goddess Nut.

"...The followers of Dionysus (Bacchus), the god of wine, did believe in immortality. But they did not hope for a resurrection of the body; nor did they base their faith on the reborn Dionysus of the Orphics, but rather on their experience of drunken ecstasy (cf. M. Nilsson, The Dionysiac Mysteries of the Hellenistic and Roman Age, 1957)."
- Edwin M. Yamauchid, "Easter: Myth, Hallucination, or History?"

"There is no suggestion of Adonis rising (in either the Panyasisian form or the Ovidian form of the myth)."
- J. Smith, Dying and Rising Gods, p. 522
Paul's Use of Terminology from the Mysteries
"...When Paul entitles himself a 'master-builder', he is using a word pre-eminently kabalistic, theurigic, and masonic, and one which no other apostle uses."
- H. P. Blavatsky, Isis Unveiled

"As a wise master-builder, I have laid the foundation. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you. Let a man so account of us as the minister of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
"Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect, yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to naught. How that by revelation, be made known to us the mystery of the Kingdom."
- 1 Corininthians 3:10

Got to love Peter too...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355229

* oh? then why single out Saint Paul has a heretic when the entire Christianity preaches Christ crucified, died and resurrected? confused

JesusIsAlive
* oh? then why single out Saint Paul has a heretic when the entire Christianity preaches Christ crucufied, died and resurrected? confused

I smell it bruddah, I smell what the Rock is cookin and it is mm...mm good. It smells like filet mignon, with a side of baked potatoe (feigns an Italian accent as I say potatoe), a side of risoto (also said with an Italian accent), some buttermilk biscuits with a side of buttayer (spelled butter this way to give an Italian accent).

peejayd
* my first reaction was - "what on earth are you talking about, girl?" i was hoping you would somewhat refute my posts and we'll have a friendly discussion about this but your posts seems way out of line...

* but nevertheless, i will still prove according to the Bible that your accusations to Saint Paul are false and ridiculous...

Paul the TRUE founder of orthodox Christianity.

* from the rootword itself, the founder of Christianity is Christ Jesus...

"And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that even for a whole year they were gathered together with the church, and taught much people, and that the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."
The Acts 11:26

* and those Christians are the disciples/followers of Christ, including the apostles...

* the owner of the Christian Church is the Father...

"And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."
Matthew 16:18

* eventhough it was Christ who said that He built the Church, it is the Father who built it because when Christ is speaking of power and authority...

"For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak."
John 12:49

* is there any other proof that tellls us that the owner of the Church is the Father?

"But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how men ought to behave themselves in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."
I Timothy 3:15

* the Church is also called the House of God and vice-versa...

"For every house is builded by some one; but he that built all things is God."
Hebrews 3:4

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
Matthew 6:13

"Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all.
Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all."
I Chronicles 29:11-12

* so, according to the Bible, Christ is the founder of Christianity and the Father is the owner of the Church...

His writings predated the Gospels. Paul laid down the basic doctrine. He copied more ascetic Gnostic sects of his time.

* not all epistles of Saint Paul pre-dated the Gospels, Saint Paul wrote some about 55 AD onwards, whilst Saint Mark's was about 60 AD, Saint Luke's was around 56 AD and according to some Bible Scholars, Saint Matthew's was about 41 AD...

* you need to give proofs with regards to what Saint Paul had "copied" from the Gnostics...

Pauls Church was entirely patriarchal, women were forbidden to teach or preach in it..

* or is it?

"But I commend to you Phoebe, our sister, who is minister of the assembly which is in Cenchrea;"
The Romans 16:1

* Phoebe, obviously a female, is a minister in Cenchrea...

Paul also laid the guilt of original sin on woman alone, absolving man from responsibility. Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was the transgressor.

* that's not what Saint Paul was saying...

"And Adam was not beguiled, but the woman being beguiled hath fallen into transgression:"
I Timothy 2:14

* the woman being deceived had fallen into transgression... Saint Paul did NOT said that Eve was the transgressor... the blame was not on Eve because she was obviously deceived, the blame was on...

"Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned:--"
The Romans 5:12

* the blame was on Adam...

Pauls antipathy toward women and sexuality, since women were unclean leads to a suspicion that his esoteric doctrine was linked with the early Christian practice of voluntary castration. Rome revered the self-castrated god Attis and Paul was an earnest admirer of Roman culture as shown by the fact that he Romanized his name, changing it from Saul to Paul. Roman Christians later used self castration as an automatic ticket to heaven in the manner of Attis's priests. Paul suggested that he was among the divinely favored eunuchs. . He scorned the "natural" unmutilated man for his lack of spirituality. 1 Cor. 2:14. You had to lack a penis. In Gal. he said "I would they were even cut off which that trouble you" The word rendered "cut off" also meant "castrated:.

* i think, you misunderstood what the second chapter of Galatians...

"My companion Titus, even though he is Greek, was not forced to be circumcised,"
Galatians 2:3

Paul found the divine law of reproduction outdated because it brought forth "fruit unto death"...ie., more life doomed to die. The carnal mind or minding of the flesh is enmity against God. so, then the flesh cannot please God. Rom. 8:7-13.

* Saint Paul did NOT say that the flesh cannot please God... what he said is this...

"And they that are in the flesh cannot please God."
The Romans 8:8

* plus, in the epistle of Romans itself, Saint Paul preaches this...

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service."
The Romans 12:1

* the Christians are commanded to present their bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God by which is their spiritual service... wink

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
I smell it bruddah, I smell what the Rock is cookin and it is mm...mm good. It smells like filet mignon, with a side of baked potatoe (feigns an Italian accent as I say potatoe), a side of risoto (also said with an Italian accent), some buttermilk biscuits with a side of buttayer (spelled butter this way to give an Italian accent).

Do you have an actual point, or are you smiting us with more bullshit ?

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive

You're lucky the Swedish chef is out at the moment because if he was here then you'd be in trouble..,

debbiejo
* oh? then why single out Saint Paul has a heretic when the entire Christianity preaches Christ crucified, died and resurrected? confused I believe it is more symbolic.....died and resurrected in the mysteries of spirit, not physical death...

Paul talked about the mysteries, and the Gnostic's knew very much what the mysteries were....

Same thing.

Yeah, it's the snip snip as proof.

peejayd
I believe it is more symbolic.....died and resurrected in the mysteries of spirit, not physical death...

* you are directly contradicting the Gospels, ms.debbiejo... not only Saint Paul but the 4 Gospels preach the death and resurrection of Jesus... and it was physical, the body of Jesus died and was resurrected...

Paul talked about the mysteries, and the Gnostic's knew very much what the mysteries were....

* what mysteries? confused

Same thing.

* NOT the same thing...

* the flesh cannot please God they that are in the flesh cannot please God... the difference is very obvious, my friend...

Yeah, it's the snip snip as proof.

* snip snip, huh?

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service."
The Romans 12:1

* are our bodies made of flesh or not? confused

Council#13
No, he wasn't a heretic

debbiejo
Then why did he go against what Jesus taught.

Shakyamunison

People would have to know what Jesus taught in order to understand that question.

debbiejo
Well Jesus didn't teach against the OT, but Paul did.

He's Mr. Mithra.

Shakyamunison

He's Mr. Mithra.

You are talking way over these people's heads. They are not going to understand. wink

peejayd

* tell us what Saint Paul preached that was against Jesus... wink

He's Mr. Mithra.

* Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophesies, and He even quoted numerous passages from it... confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.