Ok a last shred of hope lol Jack/Liz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
I said this before and I'll say it again all for the sake of J/E..

"How do you create a sense of closure for Dead Man's Chest even though you have more story to tell in the third film?

Rossio: The closure comes from a resolution of the thematic argument of the film. While there may be some plot issues still dangling, as long as the film makes a definitive statement in terms of the emotional story of some of the characters, there's a sense of it being complete. Ideally (knock on wood).

Elliott: What's really interesting is -- if there was no sequel after this, if there was no third movie, with the basic emotional moments and what happens at the end of this one -- I would be comfortable having it go out . We would have resolved the plot of Davy Jones differently, but, in terms of what happens with Jack and Will and Elizabeth and the conclusion of our movie, I feel comfortable that it would work whether you had a sequel coming up or not."

http://www.csweb.ws/csdaily/trenche...sioElliott.html

It actuallyemotionally ended where each character had what they wanted MOST on their minds

Elizabeth = Jack (She was clearly only thinking of Jack once she had done that to him)
Will = His dad (is the only reason why he agrees to go and get Jack back)
Jack = Elizabeth (he died knowing that he wants this woman in his life)

it means that Liz felt she should be with Will but all she really wants is Jack Sparrow(the moments after she chained him up..show us that she is denying herself him!!) and at the end all she wanted was Jack back in her life for good.

I think T&T are trying to deceive us a little bit with where they say they are heading..they said that the emotional moment at the end of movie 2..is where the love triangle is heading basically.

Its NOT will/Liz when you look at it properly..

People who take a first glance will actually think that it is Will/Liz because of what Liz did..but all you have to do is look at why Liz actually did that (denial over Jack) and what she actually decided to do AFTER she did that to him..(get Jack back..she wants this man in her life)

honestly..when you look at it PROPERLY you can see how its ended and how its REALLY closed..and its not Will/Liz at all..its actually Jack/Liz and Will/Dad

and this makes me think even more about the Circe/Tia thing with the cups and the forgetfulness etc..Liz doesn't drink..and either does Jack..everyone else does..

katelovespirate
brilliance, as usual. you made me smile.

its true.

Even if you did argue that Liz did it for Will, she did it to SAVE him, not to make sure they ended up together. She could have pushed Jack up against the mast and chained him without kissing him--- we all know she could have. the fact that she made out with him is ALLL about her inner desires and the fact that she HAS crossed the line and become a pirate.

Plus, she ended the movie not with Will, but going on a mission to save Jack.

And Jack ended the movie on a Liz- high. Turned into a hero who obviously has fallen hard for Lizzie.

Will ended the movie a brooding crank with a knife. NUFF SAID.

big grin

ivebeendepped43
how do u come up /w this stuff?!

LovelyOne
Will/Liz were sitting SO FAR APART in that last scene The ending wasnt about THOSE 2 being together at all!..I wasnt thinking of those 2 at ALL..I was thinking of Liz wanting Jack and Will actually thinking about saving his dad (knife, stab the heart)

ivebeendepped43
uhuh

Bwa Ha Ha
yes

katelovespirate
if they were serious about the film being able to end like that, that means:

Liz WILL END A PIRATE.

Will IS GOING TO SACRIFICE TO MAKE LIZ HAPPY.

Jack is GOING TO BE A SEXY HERO. (wait he already is)

Barbossa is going to EAT APPLES.

The rest of the crew are going to CONTINUE BEING DRUNK.

Tia is going to POISON EVERYONE.

LOL okay sorry couldnt help myself... back to the REAL information... LOL

Bwa Ha Ha
Barbossa's gonna eat apples lol lol lol I'm eating an apple right now lol

ivebeendepped43
lol that was funny! Jack is going to be a ssexxi hero!!!!! rock on!

katelovespirate
I was just imagining Jack and Liz's tragic breakup in 3... sniff sniff...

Jack: I told you before that it never would have worked between us, and I meant it.

Liz: Of course it wouldn't have! Why do you think I rejected your marriage proposal?

Jack: I love the sea far more than I'll ever love you.

Liz: Yeah, well I'm going to marry Will and have his children (shudders... even though its an effective whap, she doesnt even want to think about it)

Jack: Is that all Ms. Swann?

Liz: Yes, that's all Mr. Sparrow!

Jack: (grabs her arm) That's CAPTAIN sparrow to you, missy!

Liz: How dare you touch me! (whips out a sword and backs Jack into a corner) You're going to pay for that!

Jack: You;ve killed me once. Care to try again?

Liz: No, I have something slightly different in mind. (throws sword down and jumps into Jack's arms, begins making out with him passionatly.)

Jack: I always knew we were peas in a pod. We even end arguments the same way.

Liz: Shut up and get into that cabin!

Jack: Technically, is this going to be break-up sex or make-up sex?

Liz: Who cares. It's going to be the hottest sex of your life...

Bwa Ha Ha

katelovespirate
in the interest of everyone's sanity, i'm going to have ban DOTS from threads. Cause i am pulling my hair with frustration on the dots. what the hell do they mean? why post unless you are going to SAY SOMETHING?!?>!?!!

(feels bad for outburst)

ivebeendepped43
is that break-up or make-up? hahaha! thats hilarious! i can picture that 2!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
apology accepted

ivebeendepped43
lol. dang that was ssexxi!!

Bwa Ha Ha
huh

ivebeendepped43
gosh, stop it!!

Bwa Ha Ha

ivebeendepped43
GGGAAAHH!!!! furious

LovelyOne
LOL i wish i could feel happy...but I still hope to god that I'm right with all of this..all my theories ETC...would be completley squashed if it ended Will/liz

there are so many hints etc that they are meant to be together..

if they did end together it would make SO MUCH more sense than it being Liz/Will

if you looked at the trilogy as a whole and it was Jack/Liz you would think:

Oh yes movie 1..she wnts a pirate..oh look at how much she is staring at him..oh look at the chemistry!! even back then..oh look Jack is actually very lonely and is screaming out for love (beach scene)

movie 2..oh look she's starting to realize she wants him now..aww look at all the little hiccups in their ever growing relationship..oh look Jack is becoming so much braver now that he's realizing her wants liz in his life!! He's happy without his material possessons now!!

by movie 3 it would MAKE PERFECT sense for them to end up together!

If it was will Liz:

movie 1..oh look so sweet and cuddlie

movie 2..ok wait they arent together now..Will is more interested in his dad and Liz actually seems to be happier with Jack

movie 2..ok...why is movie 2 even NEEDED?

movie 3k they ended together..but uh..how comes jack lost out?? why is his character back to how he was in movie 1 when he was chainging for the BETTER in movie 2?? why was movie 2 even NEEDED?? HELLO

ITS A STORY ABOUT JACK SPARROW becoming HAPPY IN LIFE..not Will/Liz setting out..facing proplems(spanner in the works) and then ending up back together!! what the hell??

ivebeendepped43
i really dont think they will end up together as much as i regret saying it

Bwa Ha Ha
Well, then that'd be disney's fault not yours

ivebeendepped43
yeah,so

Bwa Ha Ha
huh

ivebeendepped43
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!evil

Bwa Ha Ha
the smilie didn't workevil

ivebeendepped43
fine! h/o! evil

Bwa Ha Ha
what's h/o

ivebeendepped43
hold on!

Bwa Ha Ha
oh ok

LovelyOne
sorry i meant movie 3: ok why is movie 2 even needed?

katelovespirate
I was thinking about Jack and Liz...

and realistically whatever happens with their relationship, there HAS to be some kind of resolution between them. the film cant end with them mad at each other or whatever.

but how could they possibly "just be friends" when there is so much obvious physical tension?

i cant imagine it working. wink

Bwa Ha Ha
dunno... i think someone's gonna die in AWE...

sailorleo
well are you familiar with south park....this has a point....

sailorleo
Originally posted by sailorleo
well are you familiar with south park....this has a point.... dammit...sorry i was refering to kate

Bwa Ha Ha
m hm

LovelyOne
I know alot of peoples arguments will be..the HIGHEST emotional point in the movuie was where Liz left jack to be with Will

ARE THESE PEOPLE BLIND?? or what!!??

THE HIGHEST EMOTIONAL POINT of that scene was watching her try to rip herself away from him!..she WANTS this man in her life but she is denying herself him to make the "other man safe"..thats the most OBVIOUS thing in that scene..not the actual betrayal..its the fact that Liz WANTS jack BADLY

and then after you actually see that will cares more about his bloody father than Liz and Jack

and Liz actually WANTS JACK BACK more than ANYTHING in this world..cuz Will is no where near her..all she wants is Jack in her life..

Bwa Ha Ha
totally agree

Chiki Mina
notice how liz keeps looking on the ground..she doesnt even dare to stare at will. Im pretty sure it was shame but did she know taht Will saw taht kiss? Liz is in pure deniel and jack, as always, knows. Jack is always 10 steps ahead of everyone. He has learned so much and he make ppl believe he is naive but he is so much smarter. This what also freaks liz out..she noticed taht he figured out why she chained him up. It wasnt exactly for the crew it was for her. Selfish act means u do it for ur self-duh. She didnt do for the sake of the crew nor Will..psss pleaaaze. She did exactly what jack said she would do.
She selfishly chained him up for HER sake and her relationship with will. She wanted to be GOOD so GOOD that she ended up being bad to try to be good.(doest that make sense?)
Jack read this all over her face...why did u think he kept smiling..hello?!

LovelyOne
and people!! Ted Elliot said that if there was no number 3..how movie 2 ended would be all the closure you need because of what we learned from each character in the movie..and from what we saw happen with them at the end..

so movie 3 is probably going to end the same way..

what did we learn and see in movie 2..how did it close?

Jack is deciding on having Liz in his life or not and in the end he DOES..he desires her all the more after what she did according to that little side note on the official DMC script..it makes him a STRONGER person because he chose her..

Liz is realizing that she has feelings for Jack but is afraid of them. she goes with her brain instead of her heart when she chains Jack up..but we see that she WANTS Jack BADLY.. VERY BADLY but she is denying herself him..and at the end..he is the ONLY thing she is thinking about having back in her life..she WANTS Jack sparrow more than anything and anyone..by the time the movie comes to a close.she decides to bring him back in her life..

Will is realizing that he has new obligations in life..his Father..he slowly starts to shift Liz aside..and by the end of it his FATHER is what is on his mind..despite seeing LIz do that to him..Its still all about his feelings and saving his dad..the only reason he decides to get Jack back is because he wants his dad in his life..he wants the pearl to get him..

We also learn that Will/Liz is actually falling apart from the very offset .with marriage etc..they are not right for one another..the man who is right for her is Jack and it was made more than obvious by the end of the movie..Will/Liz end up EVEN FURTHER APART than how they started out

If it ended with PotC2 like ted said..we learn that liz is in fact happier as a person with Jack sparrow in her life..and Will is more concerned with his father and is happier with him..and Jack is a much stronger person because he accepted Elizabeth in his life..thats what its going to be about in movie 3 me thinks..

Chiki Mina
yea^^^
Jack came to realize that love is no weakness but the strongest feeling u could ever have. And hes amazed at himself of things he could do and done(fight the kraken)
If he knew that he was gonna "die" and dragged at the bottom of the ocean I think he will be happy knowing that he finally knows what love is and that someone could actually love him back. Again if he ''died'' then he died peacefully knowing that.

I think in movie 3 he would do things that he would never imagine himself doing! Im gonna go off subject just alittle bit:
For example the movie As Good As it Gets with Jack nicholson and helen hunt. nicholsans character was about a dude who had OCD and was obessive germ freak, the type who never steps on cracks(on the floor lol). But then hunts character came in and he fell in love with her, soon he was doing things he never thought he could despite of his OCD.

Jack was a childish person, material lil child person who hid under all those gold, jewels, lucky hat, special coat and sword. And he was the type to runaway and cover only for himself. But ever since liz came to his life he was now risking his life especially to face the kraken. I think he matured right there-that was a new and IMPROVED jack. Despite of his piracy ways he ended up being in love and risking his life for the woman he loves.

Swann&Sparrow
Plus he gave up him Precious Pearle for her. To save them all, sure that's what it LOOKED like. But deep down inside, he was doing it because he realized that Elizabeth was right about him having to do something good in his life.

He listened to her, and actually took it into consideration, and he proved himself to her that he WAS a good man and not just a heartless pirate.

He was already doing things that he'd never have done otherwise for dear Elizabeth Swann.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.