Stop the Wolverine hate!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Broly92
The hate must end now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!! sad

Draco69
No. He must still endure hatred.

Joss Whedon is doing a fine job of humbling the hairy bastard.....

bigbran
Originally posted by Broly92
!!!!!!!!!!! sad NO!!!

jumpmann
Pretty sure Blue Beetle's stinky ashes could easily beat Wolverine.

Broly92
I hate you all down cry crybaby death

batdude123
Tell riceroost to f*ck off and you've got yourself a deal.

NiņoAraņa
no one hates him.....just his writers yes

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123

Co-Signed big grin

Darth Vegas
No.

My hatred makes me powerful.

bigbran
Tell riceroost to f*ck off and you've got yourself a deal. Originally posted by Grimm22
Co-Signed big grin
Or do you mean Capt it up?
Hmmmm.... big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
Or do you mean Capt it up?
Hmmmm.... big grin

No, I mean riceroost.

bigbran
No, I mean riceroost. No, I mean, his debating style, is very much like Capt it up's.

Grimm22
You mean completely ignore things even though they are common sense confused

Accel
!!!!!!!!!!! sad
I didn't hate him until I read these big words. Congratulations.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Grimm22
You mean completely ignore things even though they are common sense confused Dont mean to start problems but when has common sense ever been a factor on comics where guys can jump to the moon, hold blackholes in their hand, and run at lightspeed without turning to jelly.

badabing
whistle

badabing
shifty

badabing
laughing

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by badabing
laughing

u thief!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing laughing

badabing
eek!

badabing
Happy Dance

riceroost
Tell riceroost to f*ck off and you've got yourself a deal. Blow me Batboy. Your just pissed cause he would tie Bats up with his own belt and rape him inside of 10 seconds.
No, I mean, his debating style, is very much like Capt it up's. No disrespect to Capt, but I debate nothing like him. We are only similar in that we support Wolverine in the fights he should win.
You mean completely ignore things even though they are common sense confused You can blow me too. Common sense??? In comics??? laughing You act like I'm the person inventing Wolverine feats. At least I debate on whats in the comic instead of my own personal fantasy land. You adamantly adamantly refuses to believe that Wolverine can cut Thing, despite the fact that he's done it on more than one occassion.

Chumps. The both of ya. Your just pissed because Wolverine is the man and would wreck both of your more "classic" characters.

The Fake Macoy
NEVER!!!

Not until he's written like he used to back when he was good... maybe 70s or 80s.

Inhuman
lol @ those pics evil face

Big Sexy
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
NEVER!!!

Not until he's written like he used to back when he was good... maybe 70s or 80s. Seems like people hat wolverine because he seems to do stuff that are out of his range whereas
Batman seems to have everything in his belt
hes mastered how many fighting styles roll eyes (sarcastic)
Superman physically holds a black hole roll eyes (sarcastic)
Deathstroke outspeeds a flash.

Come on dude, Wolverine has just been singled out from problems that plague a lot of comic book characters.

badabing
Just to let everybody know, the pics I posted were more of a rib toward Broly than a knock on Wolverine. cool

capt it up
No, I mean, his debating style, is very much like Capt it up's.
go suck a dick. ugggg. I don't have the time for this nor the ability to get to my scanns and comics. I am away at college and I would like you to go suck a dick till I get back

Draco69
Originally posted by capt it up
go suck a dick. ugggg. I don't have the time for this nor the ability to get to my scanns and comics. I am away at college and I would like you to go suck a dick till I get back

College?! Great Hera! What sort of higher educational institution would admit you?!

What the f**k?

Jimmy-Chan
I'm sorry, but ... Wonder Woman fans saying "Great Hera!" or invoking "Gaea" is worse than Lobo fans saying "Bastich!" and "Frag!" or Thor fans speaking in old English. No offense. smile

srankmissingnin
Hating Wolverine is just a fad. No one really hates him they are just people who love to jump on what ever band wagon is rolling by at time so the false sense of companionship they share with other trend hoppers will bring some sunshine to their sad lives. Most people have to fabricate reasons not to like him. He does the same thing as every other character does... but to a lesser extent even. Wolverine is over saturating the marked you say? I guess you really hate Batman... or Spiderman. Wolverine does things he should be able to do, you say? I guess you still really hate Batman... or Spiderman. Bah give me a break. Or maybe its the phantom leagions of Wolverine fanboys I keep hearing about on these forums that get your goat... never mind the fact that there is maybe half a dozen posters who don't hate his guts.

Save your hate for President Bush, that way you can still be hip member of a cool fad and I won't have to read about it.

Draco69
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
I'm sorry, but ... Wonder Woman fans saying "Great Hera!" or invoking "Gaea" is worse than Lobo fans saying "Bastich!" and "Frag!" or Thor fans speaking in old English. No offense. smile

Yes...I know. I've got it bad. Maybe some Zoloft will help....

rolling on floor laughing

capt it up
Originally posted by Draco69
College?! Great Hera! What sort of higher educational institution would admit you?!

What the f**k?
university of hartford and they gave me a 16 thousand dollar scholarship.

u seem to think I am un inteligent becuase I simply disagree with you in debates.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Come on dude, Wolverine has just been singled out from problems that plague a lot of comic book characters. Does no one see the corralation between the rabidness of fans and the amount of dislike a character receives on KMC? Originally posted by Draco69

What the f**k? Tom Cruise School of Psychiatry

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Hating Wolverine is just a fad. No one really hates him they are just people who love to jump on what ever band wagon is rolling by at time so the false sense of companionship they share with other trend hoppers will bring some sunshine to their sad lives. Most people have to fabricate reasons not to like him. He does the same thing as every other character does... but to a lesser extent even. Wolverine is over saturating the marked you say? I guess you really hate Batman... or Spiderman. Wolverine does things he should be able to do, you say? I guess you still really hate Batman... or Spiderman. Bah give me a break. Or maybe its the phantom leagions of Wolverine fanboys I keep hearing about on these forums that get your goat... never mind the fact that there is maybe half a dozen posters who don't hate his guts.

Save your hate for President Bush, that way you can still be hip member of a cool fad and I won't have to read about it.
smile so right

xmarksthespot

u seem to think I am un inteligent becuase I simply disagree with you in debates. It's probably more because you have the diction of... how does one put this gently... a drunk Forrest Gump with stage four syphilis.

UniOmni

u seem to think I am un inteligent becuase I simply disagree with you in debates.

You live in CT?!
I live in Bloomfield!! I was supposed to go to a party at your school last night!!

And damn doggie, don't tell me you went to Weaver or Hartford High?

Darth Vegas

I'm surprised that you got a scholarship, considering your spelling ability.

DarkCrawler
Hating Wolverine is just a fad.

Excatly. Wolverine is great character. Hating Wolverine is just a way for new members to be part of a bigger community. Hating the character itself is stupid.

Hating the fact that other characters are portrayed stupidly against him, now that isn't stupid at all.

Darth Vicious

embarrasment Dammit, Why it had to be University of Hartford?

juggernaut66666
I Pimpslap yo ass B!TCH!
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/6132/wolverineko1vl3.jpg

NiņoAraņa

Tha C-Master

Save your hate for President Bush, that way you can still be hip member of a cool fad and I won't have to read about it. I don't think all of it's a fad, I'm not sure many people geniunely hate Wolverine, just his fanboys, or his crap that he's put in. Ask people what they hate the most, and it boils down to portrayal, overexposure, or fanboys. Average day to day comic readers sure as hell don't hate him, or else he wouldn't be as popular. It's the more mature, experienced comic readers that see his feats as a silly push on the behalf of the writers being lazy and wanting to make money, and that makes them no longer like him. Most of his appearances are not needed, and not written up to par, unlike batman. And him doing things he "shouldn't" be able to do, far exceeds any character I know, and we all know this anyways. And people do ***** at other characters, you know how many people were moaning over silly things like Spiderman's upgrades? And these upgrades were actual upgrades and not just some silly plot device that fanboys use, which also makes a big difference.

S.G

Save your hate for President Bush, that way you can still be hip member of a cool fad and I won't have to read about it. No I hate him because of

A. Anoying fanboys, such as yourself.
And
B. The writers make him do stuff he shouldnt.

Darth Vegas
Agreed.

BloodyAngel
To be honest, I don't hate Wolverine. He's one of my favorite X-Men. However, for some odd reason, people tend to think that popularity = power level, when that's clearly not the case. Sometimes he pulls off things that are flat out amazing, and others make you want the money back that you spent on the comic. Also, there are times in vs forums that people completely disregard context to make their character seem better than he or she is. The case is the same with Wolverine. This is what my husband (Marcus/Thunderstrike/Dayscribe) told me about a moment when Thor got his arm cut off by Wolverine. Here's how he described it.

"Yeah, Wolverine cut off Thor's arm. Of course, Thor wasn't even looking for it, didn't even regard Wolverine as a threat, and then vaporzed him right afterward. So, that's an indication that Wolverine could cut off Thor's arm. The problem is that the only way that it could be pulled off is if Thor is paying absolutely no attention to the current situation, and Mjolnir isn't telling Thor what's going on, and about ten other things added in so that Thor has no idea that there's a Canucklehead with claws near him. Even if he were able to get that close, it's time for Canadian Barbecue."

People may hate Wolverine because people say things like that, but Marcus has told me about occasions that are just as dumb, like people on other boards lying about what Superman can do, or anything of that sort.

Is hating Wolverine a fad? As long as there is an internet with fanboys, no. However, the spotlight will probably fade, and someone else will pull off stuff that he or she shouldn't be doing.

S.G
Who is this Marcus ? And is h on this site or any other ?

DarkCrawler
He was here. But he got banned.

He's in SuperHeroChat, though.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Draco69

I'm sorry, that's just funny. Looks like University of Hartford has really wasted it's money, or that they dispense their scholarship dollars based more on pity than academic merit.

You are trying to defend your intelligence and you spell you "u", misspell intelligent (or unintelligent as the case may be) and because. You could also capitalize University and Hartford, or at least the first words in each sentence.

Sorry to be picky about such things, but if you are going to defend your alleged intelligence, best do it in an intelligent manner, otherwise you look like an idiot.

As for the wolverine hating, I just see him as being written as one of the (if not THE) most inconsistent characters in the Marvel Universe. I think many of the people who hate him also do so to the fact that his opponents really seem to suffer from a complete lack of intelligence or awareness of their own skills and abilities when fighting him.

doomsday45
Originally posted by BloodyAngel
To be honest, I don't hate Wolverine. He's one of my favorite X-Men. However, for some odd reason, people tend to think that popularity = power level, when that's clearly not the case. Sometimes he pulls off things that are flat out amazing, and others make you want the money back that you spent on the comic. Also, there are times in vs forums that people completely disregard context to make their character seem better than he or she is. The case is the same with Wolverine. This is what my husband (Marcus/Thunderstrike/Dayscribe) told me about a moment when Thor got his arm cut off by Wolverine. Here's how he described it.

"Yeah, Wolverine cut off Thor's arm. Of course, Thor wasn't even looking for it, didn't even regard Wolverine as a threat, and then vaporzed him right afterward. So, that's an indication that Wolverine could cut off Thor's arm. The problem is that the only way that it could be pulled off is if Thor is paying absolutely no attention to the current situation, and Mjolnir isn't telling Thor what's going on, and about ten other things added in so that Thor has no idea that there's a Canucklehead with claws near him. Even if he were able to get that close, it's time for Canadian Barbecue."

People may hate Wolverine because people say things like that, but Marcus has told me about occasions that are just as dumb, like people on other boards lying about what Superman can do, or anything of that sort.

Is hating Wolverine a fad? As long as there is an internet with fanboys, no. However, the spotlight will probably fade, and someone else will pull off stuff that he or she shouldn't be doing.
agreed

Tha C-Master
Funny thing is the fanboys will still swear that everyone is out to get Logan, and totally ignore what most people have even said.

S.G
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Funny thing is the fanboys will still swear that everyone is out to get Logan, and totally ignore what most people have even said. Every time that happens just post somethign from this thread. smokin'

Tha C-Master
I'll see, but then they'll play matyr. I'm starting to think the more experienced members on this board defend Wolverine as some kind of legacy and honor, or maybe they're just taking the piss.

BTW Someone made a thread like this last year.

Dinalfos
I love Wolverine and he really doesn't deserve all the hate het gets. But his fanboys.....

Now, Wolverine is a great character and I really wouldn't mind him doing stuff that respects his given abilities and limitations. But his fanboys....

S.G
I agree with you there, if te fanboys didn't worship him he would get respect.

Tha C-Master
He was better in the past when he utilized his skills more and wasn't walking through DBZ-level blasts with a smile on his face.

S.G
Yep, I actually would prefer if he used his skills like kicks and things like that not just going on a mad one.

Grimm22

Bah wink

Bush is cool, an idiot who like 99.9% of politicians should never have gotten involved in poltics, but cool none the less.

Save your hate for Donald Rumbsfeld, now that guy is a dick big grin

Sam Z
Now what the hell, this turned into Wolverine disrespect thread.
What made you think people hate Wolverine?

S.G
Look back at these 3 pages my freind and you wil see. smokin'

Scoobless
Bah wink

Bush is cool, an idiot who like 99.9% of politicians should never have gotten involved in poltics, but cool none the less.

Meh... anyone who wants to be the leader of a country should automatically be disqualified from getting to that position

smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan

Verily, thou knoweth not of what thou speaks, braggart!

S.G
Originally posted by Scoobless
Verily, thou knoweth not of what thou speaks, braggart! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

badabing
Bah wink

I thought Cheney was a Dick. shifty

Sub_Mariner
Verily, thou knoweth not of what thou speaks, braggart!

Silence you Whelp!!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Silence you Whelp!!

*sniff*.... anyone smell fish?

stick out tongue

S.G

stick out tongue Imperious Rex mad

Sub_Mariner

stick out tongue

Thy will kick your asseth.

stick out tongue

Tron

Originally posted by riceroost
Blow me Batboy. Your just pissed cause he would tie Bats up with his own belt and rape him inside of 10 seconds.
No disrespect to Capt, but I debate nothing like him. We are only similar in that we support Wolverine in the fights he should win.
You can blow me too. Common sense??? In comics??? laughing You act like I'm the person inventing Wolverine feats. At least I debate on whats in the comic instead of my own personal fantasy land. You adamantly adamantly refuses to believe that Wolverine can cut Thing, despite the fact that he's done it on more than one occassion.

Chumps. The both of ya. Your just pissed because Wolverine is the man and would wreck both of your more "classic" characters.

Okay, do I really need to say anything about this?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tron
Okay, do I really need to say anything about this?

You just did ... stick out tongue

Fanboy
http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles39197xv.jpg

Whats imperius rex?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Does no one see the corralation between the rabidness of fans and the amount of dislike a character receives on KMC? Tom Cruise School of Psychiatry Please Dude, roll eyes (sarcastic) I used to make fun of Wolverine like so many others but hes so underestimated and hated on its not even funny anymore. On any given day I can find more Thanos, or Hulk fanboys. Its like you defend him once and your branded a fanboy now. I could defend him against professor X now without any powers and I would be branded a fanboy. Kinda pathetic.

Grimm22

He is erm

Just not as big of a dick as Rumbsfeld big grin

Grimm22
Meh... anyone who wants to be the leader of a country should automatically be disqualified from getting to that position

smile

Yes shifty

That gives me an idea...

GRIMM FOR PRESIDENT! eek!

jinzin
Blow me Batboy. Your just pissed cause he would tie Bats up with his own belt and rape him inside of 10 seconds.
No disrespect to Capt, but I debate nothing like him. We are only similar in that we support Wolverine in the fights he should win.
You can blow me too. Common sense??? In comics??? laughing You act like I'm the person inventing Wolverine feats. At least I debate on whats in the comic instead of my own personal fantasy land. You adamantly adamantly refuses to believe that Wolverine can cut Thing, despite the fact that he's done it on more than one occassion.

Chumps. The both of ya. Your just pissed because Wolverine is the man and would wreck both of your more "classic" characters. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

batdude123

Nah.

Scoobless
Nah.

Batdude's right........... it would take at least 20 seconds ........ no expression

stick out tongue

batdude123
Batdude's right........... it would take at least 20 seconds ........ no expression

stick out tongue

Nah.

Broly92
Wolverine is disrepscted and so are Some of his fanboys but yes they have lots of fanboys but there are far worse ones for different characters

batdude123
Wolverine is tied for my second favorite character ever. Seriously, he's great. However, some things about him are taken way too far...

badabing
Wolverine is disrepscted and so are Some of his fanboys but yes they have lots of fanboys but there are far worse ones for different characters
Like the DBZ fans...... shifty

badabing
He is erm

Just not as big of a dick as Rumbsfeld big grin
He is Dick Cheney. doh

Big Sexy
Like the DBZ fans...... shifty I like DBZ too. boxing

MJOILNIR
No, hes a bad shot eek! Or is he a good shot shifty

badabing
I like DBZ too. boxing
O hell yeah! A stunner for you.

xmarksthespot
Please Dude, roll eyes (sarcastic) I used to make fun of Wolverine like so many others but hes so underestimated and hated on its not even funny anymore. On any given day I can find more Thanos, or Hulk fanboys. Its like you defend him once and your branded a fanboy now. I could defend him against professor X now without any powers and I would be branded a fanboy. Kinda pathetic. I'm pretty sure I said the rabidness of the fans, not the quantity. I've been a proponent of him in threads before and haven't been labelled a fanboy, and I'm pretty sure if I defended him against current Professor X I wouldn't be labelled a fanboy. So in those respects, maybe it's just you?

Underestimated by whom? People who don't think he can shake off Cassandra Nova's telepathy? People who don't think he can get right back up from Nitro's blast? People who think that a lot of other characters fight like morons when they're written into a fight with him.

The Pict
I like Wolverine a lot. He is like my second favourite comics character. However more hardcore fans of his are too zealous in defending him.
Also I don't like how he is taking an a$$ kicking in Astonishing X-Men week in, week out.

Big Sexy
I'm pretty sure I said the rabidness of the fans, not the quantity. I've been a proponent of him in threads before and haven't been labelled a fanboy, and I'm pretty sure if I defended him against current Professor X I wouldn't be labelled a fanboy. So in those respects, maybe it's just you?

Underestimated by whom? People who don't think he can shake off Cassandra Nova's telepathy? People who don't think he can get right back up from Nitro's blast? People who think that a lot of other characters fight like morons when they're written into a fight with him. Spiderman has beaten Hulk, Venom, Firelord, Rhino(yeah I know but hes still should be too strong).

Yeah I do agree that there is stuff he shouldn't be able to do but I have seen the worst from both ends like Batman having F#ck everyone up spray in his utility belt. You have too give him a little leeway considering he was first introduced as a Hulk enemy anyway.

Tha C-Master
And most of those are with plot devices (not PIS) and are not even used by experienced members, you don't see serious debators using those in an argument, unlike the Wolverine supporters arguing him moving faster than the speed of sound and jumping 50 feet right into the air. Spiderman's covered.

Big Sexy
And most of those are with plot devices and are not even used by experienced members, you don't see serious debators using those in an argument, unlike the Wolverine supporters arguing him moving faster than the speed of sound and jumping 50 feet right into the air. Spiderman's covered. Have you heard a DS fanboy before. Apparently he can tag flashes.

Broly92
This thread is pointless and I was a fool to think it would work. sadwalk

Sci-fi Nut
why? a lot of good points have been made and some people are seeing eye to eye.

Tha C-Master
Have you heard a DS fanboy before. Apparently he can tag flashes. smile

Disappear
Spiderman has beaten Hulk, Venom, Firelord, Rhino(yeah I know but hes still should be too strong).

Yeah I do agree that there is stuff he shouldn't be able to do but I have seen the worst from both ends like Batman having F#ck everyone up spray in his utility belt. You have too give him a little leeway considering he was first introduced as a Hulk enemy anyway.

that "originally a hulk enemy" line is completely pointless and adds nothing to a credible argument. he was originally plotted to be a spider-man esque character, in terms of strength and reflexes, and his claws were originally meant to be housed in the gloves he wore. for all intents and purposes, the wolverine who "first appeared as a hulk villain" is NOT the wolverine we have today. it just doesn't make sense to continually bring that up in an argument.

bigbran
go suck a dick. ugggg. I don't have the time for this nor the ability to get to my scanns and comics. I am away at college and I would like you to go suck a dick till I get back A little touchy?
All I said was he debates like you.
I didn't insult you, but you seem to like to talk about dicks a lot....

Big Sexy
smile Very hypocritcalhypocrite

capt it up
Originally posted by UniOmni
You live in CT?!
I live in Bloomfield!! I was supposed to go to a party at your school last night!!

And damn doggie, don't tell me you went to Weaver or Hartford High?
im from mass. what party were u supose to go to man?

capt it up
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
I'm surprised that you got a scholarship, considering your spelling ability.
I am an english major. I am actaully a creative writting major.

I am quite surprized your still on this forum sing how you been made to look the fool repeatedly since you have been here

capt it up

Tha C-Master
I am an english major. I am actaully a creative writting major.
I remember you telling me about that. yes

Tha C-Master
Ouch.

S.G

Owned. cool cool cool

Go Capt. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Scoobless

KharmaDog

DarkCrawler
Ouch...

KharmaDog
Sorry, looks like my post ran a little long. I wanted to say.....

I suggest you sit back, relax, and stop with the childish behaviour .

S.G
i got to say it...OWNED !! cool

V for Valentine
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Ouch...

It's always the quiet ones hey? wink Good going Kharma

xmarksthespot
So what was the point of this thread again?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by S.G
i got to say it...OWNED !! cool

O.K., you can't think that we both owned eachother. That just can't be.

Originally posted by V for Valentine
It's always the quiet ones hey?

Us quiet folk are the scourge of the world. wink

So what was the point of this thread again?

I believe to discourage a hate on for a comic book character.

To this subject I refer to my original post that Capt ignored:

S.G
Originally posted by KharmaDog
O.K., you can't think that we both owned eachother. That just can't be.

Us quiet folk are the scourge of the world. wink

I believe to discourage a hate on for a comic book character.

To this subject I refer to my original post that Capt ignored: laughing I take his owned back. you really out done him. big grin

Grimm22
Honestly...no expression

Capt would make a "great" politician laughing

KharmaDog
There are over 405 threads at KMC that discuss some aspect of the character Wolverine/Logan.

I wouldn't say that alot of people hate him, but I would admit to being annoyed by the character a little.

Tha C-Master
I'm sure there may be even more threads than that. I also think you are correct, I don't think many people invest true hatred in a character.

srankmissingnin
This is an Forum about comic books... do we really need to dazzle other posters with our understanding of grammar, punctuation and sentence structure? For the most part we're writing quick rebuttals, not drafting a Novel here (and even if we were the Editor would take care of the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes). If you can understand what someone is trying to say that is good enough and if can understand but choose to belittle and look down of them because of their grammar and sentence structure anyway... well, chances are you're an ass.

KharmaDog
If you can understand what someone is trying to say that is good enough and if can understand but choose to belittle and look down of them because of their grammar and sentence structure anyway... well, chances are you're an ass.

And if someone cannot see the humor in another defending their intelligence, and making basic mistakesdoing it, then chances are you have no sense of humor.

srankmissingnin
And if someone cannot see the humor in another defending their intelligence, and making basic mistakesdoing it, then chances are you have no sense of humor.

So I have no sense of humor and you're an *******. Got it.

I have done some amateur stand up comedy but I guess at the end of the day I can't appreciate the subtle wit needed to insult and belittle someone because I just don't find it humourous.

Scoobless
-unsheathes knife and begins to work his way through the tension that has built up in this thread-

KharmaDog
So I have no sense of humor and you're an *******. Got it.

I have done some amateur stand up comedy but I guess at the end of the day I can't appreciate the subtle wit need to insult and belittle someone because I just don't find it humourous.

O.k., people have to relax here. Can I ask you a question srank, in the following post why did you pay such close attention to your spelling and grammar?

srankmissingnin
O.k., people have to relax here. Can I ask you a question srank, in the following post why did you pay such close attention to your spelling and grammar?

Force of habit, I was on a roleplay website before I was referred here (by Nataku)... man I'm a loser lol

KharmaDog
Force of habit, I was on a roleplay website before I was referred here (by Nataku)... man I'm a loser lol

So you get my point? We are cool? Please say yes as the tension is killing scoob.

Grimm22
Once I see Capt it Up admit that Wolverine could never stab Thanos in a million years, then I may stop hating Wolverine laughing

srankmissingnin
So you get my point? We are cool? Please say yes as the tension is killing scoob.

I should have thought of the innocent bye standers like poor Scoob!

But ya' we're good, you and I.

Scoobless
Once I see Capt it Up admit that Wolverine could never stab Thanos in a million years, then I may stop hating Wolverine laughing

He stabbed him during the Infinity Gauntlet story... Thanos isn't unkillable... he's just very, very powerful

Grimm22
He stabbed him during the Infinity Gauntlet story... Thanos isn't unkillable... he's just very, very powerful

Dude no expression

Wolverine shouldnt be hurting ANY cosmic

ESPECIALLY not Thanos

KharmaDog

I think Grimm's point is (and correct me if I am wrong) wolverine shouldn't even be able to get close to Thanos (as he is capable of emitting both psionic blasts and blasts of energy from his hands and eyes) never mind stab him.

I also thought that Thanos' skin was supposed to be pretty close to invulnerable and that he was immortal?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Scoobless
Just because you have the ability to chanel cosmic energy does not mean your body is indestructible... Thanos is a Titan, same as Star Fox and others, he can be cut and he can/has bled before

srankmissingnin
Dude no expression

Wolverine shouldnt be hurting ANY cosmic

ESPECIALLY not Thanos

It's been pretty much established that Wolverine can cut anyone who doesn't have a) true invulnerability or b) a force field. Thats just how it is why you still feel like arguing it is beyond me. But stabbing Thanos (especially easily) is a bit silly.

Grimm22
It's been pretty much established that Wolverine can cut anyone who doesn't have a) true invulnerability or b) a force field. Thats just how it is why you still feel like arguing it is beyond me. But stabbing Thanos (especially easily) is a bit silly.

Adamantium cannot cut ANYTHING no

Anyone even close to cosmic can easily destory adamantium no expression

srankmissingnin
Adamantium cannot cut ANYTHING no

Anyone even close to cosmic can easily destory adamantium no expression

Anything that doesn't have true invulnerablity or a force field, yes.

Most comics have matter manipulation... so whats your point? And what barring does that have on their durability. Seriously argueing that Wolverine can't cut someone because he isn't strong enough is like saying the Flash can't see what is happening around him while traveling at multitudes of light speed or that he can't have conversations while moving at the same speed... maybe he shouldn't be able to be he clearly can and that is just how it is.

Tha C-Master
What about Vibranium? Or Uru metal?

Anyways if he doesn't have the strength to force it through it won't work, much like Colossus. Adamantium is the strongest KNOWN metal (or one of the strongest), which means there is more out there.

srankmissingnin
What about Vibranium? Or Uru metal?

Anyways if he doesn't have the strength to force it through it won't work, much like Colossus. Adamantium is the strongest KNOWN metal (or one of the strongest), which means there is more out there.

Adamantium can and has cut through Vibranium. USAgent once had a Vibranium shield, an adamantium knife cleaved through it like butter. Can Adamantium cut Uru? I don't know. I know it hasn't but I also know that Uru has been broken where has short of matter manipulation (and non-cannon examples) nothing has damaged Primary Adamantium. Thus it would seem to be the stronger of the two. Is Cap's shield more durable? Who knows. In terms of durability is about the same I would think BUT it also has the properties of Vibranium make it far more useful seeing as it can absorb all sorts of vibrations and mechanical energy. Anyway who can say how strong Wolverine would need to be to cut through 'Character X'? We have no idea of how sharp his claws are exactly and further more we have no idea how strong Wolverine is. His strength has never been explored and the only place peak human was used was as a throw away term in the Handbooks (never in the comics them selves) the only time Wolverine has even struggled to lift something was when he holding an elevator with on hand. Trueth be told we have no idea how strong he is, all we know is that is somewhere in the low level superhuman range.

Tha C-Master
Adamantium can and has cut through Vibranium. USAgent once had a Vibranium shield, an adamantium knife cleaved through it like butter. That's right, I'm thinking of Cap shield which has alloy's and special properties to it?

Can Adamantium cut Uru? I don't know. I know it hasn't but I also know that Uru has been broken where has short of matter manipulation (and non-cannon examples) nothing has damaged Primary Adamantium. Thus it would seem to be the stronger of the two.

I thought Uru dented it? Uru is mystic metal so I would side with that personally.

Is Cap's shield more durable? Who knows. In terms of durability is about the same I would think BUT it also has the properties of Vibranium make it far more useful seeing as it can absorb all sorts of vibrations and mechanical energy. Anyway who can say how strong Wolverine would need to be to cut through 'Character X'? We have no idea of how sharp his claws are exactly and further more we have no idea how strong Wolverine is. His strength has never been explored and the only place peak human was used was as a throw away term in the Handbooks (never in the comics them selves) the only time Wolverine has even struggled to lift something was when he holding an elevator with on hand. Trueth be told we have no idea how strong he is, all we know is that is somewhere in the low level superhuman range. Enhanced human I would imagine, though I can see him going to superhuman levels of strength (very mildly) with the correct motivation.

Grimm22
Anything that doesn't have true invulnerablity or a force field, yes.

Most comics have matter manipulation... so whats your point? And what barring does that have on their durability. Seriously argueing that Wolverine can't cut someone because he isn't strong enough is like saying the Flash can't see what is happening around him while traveling at multitudes of light speed or that he can't have conversations while moving at the same speed... maybe he shouldn't be able to be he clearly can and that is just how it is.

Um no expression

Flash cant see EVERYTHING when running at light speed no expression

You dont think he has ever run into anything?!? What the f**k?

Big Sexy
edit

srankmissingnin
That's right, I'm thinking of Cap shield which has alloy's and special properties to it?

I thought Uru dented it? Uru is mystic metal so I would side with that personally.

Enhanced human I would imagine, though I can see him going to superhuman levels of strength (very mildly) with the correct motivation.

Uru dented Secondary Adamantium not Primary.

Every strength feat Wolverine has, now there aren't many since it's an integral part of his character, suggest he the his low level superhuman... I'd guess around two tons max but once again the only time he ever struggled was with the elevator. I doubt it will ever be clarified though since it isn't a big part of his character.

srankmissingnin
Um no expression

Flash cant see EVERYTHING when running at light speed no expression

You dont think he has ever run into anything?!? What the f**k?

What? I never said that the Flash could see everything. I was talking about the fact that he sees at all and apperently he sees coherently what is going on around him dispite the fact the he moves faster then the speed of the light (sometimes millions of times faster) and anything he sees would require light bounce of the target and then come back into his eyes. It doesn't makes sense. He also has conversations while running at light speed with other people moving at light speed. Neither make sense but he does them both.

Grimm22
What? I never said that the Flash could see everything. I was talking about the fact that he sees at all and apperently he sees coherently what is going on around him dispite the fact the he moves faster then the speed of the light (sometimes millions of times faster) and anything he sees would require light bounce of the target and then come back into his eyes. It doesn't makes sense. He also has conversations while running at light speed with other people moving at light speed. Neither make sense but he does them both.

Yeah its a comic no expression

Grimm22
Uru dented Secondary Adamantium not Primary.

Every strength feat Wolverine has, now there aren't many since it's an integral part of his character, suggest he the his low level superhuman... I'd guess around two tons max but once again the only time he ever struggled was with the elevator. I doubt it will ever be clarified though since it isn't a big part of his character.

Cap's Sheild >>> Adamantium no expression

Big Sexy
What? I never said that the Flash could see everything. I was talking about the fact that he sees at all and apperently he sees coherently what is going on around him dispite the fact the he moves faster then the speed of the light (sometimes millions of times faster) and anything he sees would require light bounce of the target and then come back into his eyes. It doesn't makes sense. He also has conversations while running at light speed with other people moving at light speed. Neither make sense but he does them both. Agreed considering most that run at lightspeed should be jelly anyway.

Broly92
Do you guys ever stop going, its like the energizer bunny

Tha C-Master
Penis.

Big Sexy
Yeah its a comic no expression What the hell is wolverine?

Broly92
Blah, blah blah I'm a idiot and Wolverine and his fanboys suck! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
How about this...

We all stop hating Wolverine and focus all our hatred on Gambit big grin

srankmissingnin
Yeah its a comic no expression

Which was my point to begin with...

Flash runs/eyes/talks at light speed... none of which make sense and only one of which have been explained (the running part hehe) and "Oh, well its a comic" Wolverine cuts someone and "What the hell! Wolverine fanboys! Wolverine isn't strong enough! I'll never read Marvel again"

Broly92
How about this...

Gambit is better than HT/Jhonny Storm roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
How about this...

KMC members unite in your hatred of Gambit!

Do we hold hands and sing now? I'm new at this... what do you Wolverine haters do?

Grimm22
We hold meetings every sunday

There is cake and punch big grin

Scoobless
Penis.

Vagina.

big grin

Accel
KMC members unite in your hatred of Gambit!

Do we hold hands and sing now? I'm new at this... what do you Wolverine haters do?
We all just get together every Tuesday and get drunk off our asses.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>