Beach Problems?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redcaped
People love nature...the shore and a chance to be with many others sharing it. To me it is more than just that. It means our border and what goes beyond is our limit. Not all cities have a beach...I do have but I never go because I always hated the sun. Lately with the shark attacks makes me even less interested. Is a rapid water park the same T-U? laughing

RZA
I luv the beach. I'm a beach bum by nature. I live practically right on the beach so I go often. I don't care about sharks or anything of that crap. It's funny tho how many people choose to stay out on the shore cuz they're too scared to go in. Guess they've seen jaws 1 too many times. You also meet some of the most eccentric people on the beach. I met a chick once who thought she was an alien and was 6,000 yrs old. I told her she looked damn good for her age.

Imperial_Samura
Australia - some of the best beaches in the world. I like the beach, especially the isolated ones around lagoons as blue as the sky, peaceful... yacht in and drop anchor, then spend a couple of days basking in one little piece of paradise...

So in answer - keep your water park, give me the beach.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Australia - some of the best beaches in the world.

I hear they have some of the best schools of stingrays in the world.

tabby999
yeah, just wear some sunscreen when you swim, it protects you from harmfull rays.

I used to live in a small town above Coffs Harbour in north NSW. I used to be 3 minutes from the beach and spent alot of time there. Now i'm in melbourne so swimming at the beach isn't much of a fun time.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I was brought up by the ocean, and I've surfed since I was 10 years old, so I've always had a close affinity with the beach. There's nothing that can compare to being out in the water as the sunrises over the horizon. Well, actually, sunsets are also good, but I think you get my meaning.

At the moment, I live about an hour from the beach, but I usually go there at least once a week if work allows. My favorite stretch of coastline in the world is that mile or so of magic on the Bukit penninsula in Bali. It's closely followed by the Rock Islands in Palau.

Beach = good.

Emma718
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

dontgetit

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Emma718
dontgetit

What? You don't get it? Well, ol' Cap'n Fan there is alluding to the fact that a prominent Aussie by the name of Steve Irwin was recently killed when a sting ray's barb popped a hole in his heart.

It's been all over the news, I would have thought everyone had heard about it...

redcaped
The beach is wonderful but the sun is hot and the sand hotter! In combination you feel like fried tuna. I believe there could be a remedy by building a 10" glass wall to reach surface with considerable alarm intruder range...metal or concrete won't work. Is there a sound sharks don't like?

T.M
I hate the beach.

clap
You've got a greater chance of being hit by lightning than bit by a shark. Enjoy your life staying indoors out of fear of nature.

redcaped
Originally posted by T.M
I hate the beach. what *****?

T.M
Originally posted by redcaped
what *****?

Pardon..

Originally posted by clap
You've got a greater chance of being hit by lightning than bit by a shark. Enjoy your life staying indoors out of fear of nature.

In the UK it is twice as likely we get hit by an asteroid than by lightening..

redcaped
Besides sound there must be a wave to mislead the bad fish!

redcaped
Mimica Lickingwhiskey...how about my invention? We need Freedom in our beaches!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Emma718
dontgetit

"dontgetit"? Yeah, neither do I.

debbiejo
I never get to see the ocean, but about every 4 years.......... sad

redcaped
When I was a child I felt someone touching on my back, I turned and it was floating excrement. People can do more and there aren't regulations neither or needed, just someone watching for your safety (not all the beaches) though.

fini
ewwwwwwwwwwwww

redcaped
But I never knew from what gender it was!

RZA
When I was a child I felt someone touching on my back, I turned and it was floating excrement. People can do more and there aren't regulations neither or needed, just someone watching for your safety (not all the beaches) though.

Sadly I've been witness to this as well. Coincidently also as a child. I can understand and maybe accept #1 but #2. Just disgusting.

But I never knew from what gender it was!

laughing out loud Would it have made a difference?

crazylozer
I don't like the sand. It gets into uncomfortable places. Other than that, I give the beach a thumbs-up.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

True, true. Some of the finest diving locations and aquatic sea life to be seen anywhere.

Of course horror stories about dangers are vastly exaggerated. In all of Australia's history a grand total of three people have died due to Stingrays. Sharks are not nearly as much of a problem as people make out either.

debbiejo
I hate those little fish that keep bumping you cause they are eating the dead skin off your body........No matter where you go, they just follow you...........I hate them!!

redcaped
The gender should explain which one is a better beach visitor. In water or out of water there will always be living beings following you deb.

amity75
The thing that I hate most about the beach is the ammount of cigarette butts in the sand. Yuk. I'd rather take my chances with the sharks than walk though yards of that.

redcaped
All the beaches need repair and a touch of modern days...if they care of course. We won't need a deeper water after 10'

redcaped
I meant a 10" thick & 10' in high glass wall to protect us.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
In all of Australia's history a grand total of three people have died due to Stingrays.

I know, that's what makes it so ironic.

redcaped
This wall won't collapse during strong sea activity...it is flexible like leaves on a tree moving by the wind. Supposedly during summer the sea remains calmed. Its main priority is to serve as repellent not truly a shield.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by debbiejo
I hate those little fish that keep bumping you cause they are eating the dead skin off your body........No matter where you go, they just follow you...........I hate them!! This should be in the hate thread!!!!!!

Imperial_Samura
This wall won't collapse during strong sea activity...it is flexible like leaves on a tree moving by the wind. Supposedly during summer the sea remains calmed. Its main priority is to serve as repellent not truly a shield.

I am very sorry, but I am feeling very lost... I don't think the sea is intended to act as either a repellent or a shield.

redcaped
This wall should have a repellent mechanism. When sharks bite they move a lot to rip your bones. I'm just giving humanity a ten feet depth of water freedom.

redcaped
It becomes rigid only during the summer. Made like buildings, they excavate to set this wall 4' below the sand. It is not a single piece which would be impossible to do under water but as a keyboard. Beaches remain closed during the year and all that came from the exterior should be removed (cleaned)

debbiejo
The gender should explain which one is a better beach visitor. In water or out of water there will always be living beings following you deb. At least men don't eat my dead skin... eek!

Interesting tourism fact: Acapulco has many more shark attacks then the media tells because of all the water pollution and the shape of the land mass around it.

OH, and anyone ever been to Panama City Beach, FL..........oh, the dirtiest beach with cig butts and bottles I've ever been too.

Also in land beaches here in MI have such problems with e coli that they close them ALL THE TIME (Not the Great Lakes though).....Private lakes are where people want to live now.

redcaped
You are not dead debby. There are lots of things to fix...war, money, food, love, sex, books, movies, cities, governments, transportation, education, and BEACHES!

redcaped
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.