Ulik vs. Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Hercules has fought Ulik before... and lost... but i believe.. here Ulik was powered up by someone..

because the statistic says that Ulik is below of Thors strength...

so how Ulik can manhandle an in rage Hercules (who is often enraged .. when a fight doesnt goes like he wanna ..)

2 powerhouses... indeed

guy222
herc

psycho gundam
idunno. ulik with the knuckle-dusters was pretty impressive. in a fistfight, and this WILL be a fistfight, a shorter, neck-lacking, long armed troll that likes to throw hay makers is a loss for anyone dumb enough to box with him

hunbu04
which comics did herc lost to ulik in because i need to see it. do you have scans.
Herc is so above ulik in every category that i find it hard to believe that hercules will lose to ulik

Horrificus
Herc is NOT above Ulik at all.
Ulik has probably been around, fighting, as long as Herc.
Probably has even more fighting experience, since the trolls do nothing but fight and war.
Ulik, even being weaker than Thor, has ALWAYS had the battle prowess brute strength and instincts to keep Thor on the ropes til the end of their fights.
And, Thor has his hammer. Herc doesn't.

Ulik takes this.

Batroc
This is similar to asking if Thor could beat Ulik without Mjolnir.

I'd say it could go either way.

Ulik was always class 100. Thor admitted they had equal strength.

Clobberin Time!
I thought Ulik was rated at 95 tons. Anyways I'd go with Hercules to win.

psycho gundam
the metal pounders make his punches way harder. a punch that connected with a mjolnir swing was a deadlock

hunbu04
hercules own ulik in every category dude
strength=hercules incalculable strength, ulik = class 95
speed= hercules is as fast as thor
durability = hercules durability is on par with thor, and sentry profile says his durability is on par with herc and thor
eudurance = hercules limitless stamina
fighting skills = hercules thor admitted that hercules is better than him in the art of unarm combat. please tell me which category is ulik superior to herc in and how is he going to win against a guy who just beat the crap out of both wonderman and ares with relative ease

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by hunbu04
which comics did herc lost to ulik in because i need to see it. do you have scans.
Herc is so above ulik in every category that i find it hard to believe that hercules will lose to ulik

If I remember correctly (don't ask me issue # or for scans, I don't have time to look this stuff up), the fight occurred at a Time when Zuse stripped Herc of his godly heritage (no immortality, reduced strength), and Herc was undergoing a crisis of confidence. You are totally correct that Herc under normal conditions well outclasses Ulik. So does Thor, and in the early days he had to use devices to naturalize the Hammer in order to have a chance. This is the prob. with so many people on this site- they have just enough information to talk about things they don't really know.
Herc is to Ulik what Spider-man is to Black Panther, stronger, faster, better. Close fight for a few min. then, WHAM!

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the metal pounders make his punches way harder. a punch that connected with a mjolnir swing was a deadlock

Yeah, this has been shown at times... but I chalk it up to PIS. Or you can just chalk it up to Thor not wanting to kill Ulik at those times. The pounders are formidable, but no way do they really equal Mjolnir in sheer bludgeoning power.

Faceman
I always laugh, when people quote handbooks for characters strength levels...

hunbu04
Hercules have proven time to time that he have incalculable strength and he got the feats in comics to prove it so the handbook was not wrong about hercules strength

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Faceman
I always laugh, when people quote handbooks for characters strength levels...

Hope you weren't talking about me pal, 'cause I was going strictly off actual comic stories. The traditional and "normal" Hercules comfortably out-classes the trad. Ulik. It would be comparable to the Rhino fighting the Thing... a good fight for a while, until Thing decides to lay the smack down. Same with Herc vs Ulik.

psycho gundam
ulik could of caved in odin's head(he was in the odin sleep though, but woke to teleport the hell out of the way).in the same comic, ulik made a fool out of balder by one-shotting his chin. ulik is a harder fight for thor than heracles ever was

psycho gundam
plus ulik already beat herc's ass(no homo)

hunbu04
Psyco you just lose all respect by saying ulik is a harder fight for thor than herc ever wasbangin
first hercules have stalemated and even beaten thor many different times. Herc easily defeated masterson thor when he was going all out with mjonir while he was be possessed by ares, Hercules have beaten the possessor an elder of the universe twice, recently he just crushed both wonderman and ares at the same time, herc also defeated thor in pure H2H in blood oath, he have also defeated warlock, punk the entire new avengers in his mini, one shotted abomination, fought and stalemated darx, hulk, ironman, and others powerhouses, he once humble firelord, and even fought ego the living planet, he fought and held his own against the asgardian destroyer unitl thor arrive, and he also held his own against the celestial slayer. Hercules once eloved to a point were he became a cosmic entity and merge with the black galaxy after he defeated the high evoluntionary. In what part of marvel univers can ulik match herc feats

Cap'n Happy
ulik could of caved in odin's head(he was in the odin sleep though, but woke to teleport the hell out of the way).in the same comic, ulik made a fool out of balder by one-shotting his chin. ulik is a harder fight for thor than heracles ever was

1) A sucker punch to a sleeping Odin would have proved nothing.
2) Balder?!? So what? Again, this proves nothing in terms of strength... Balder is a great fighter, but is not even CLOSE to Herc/Thor strenght.
3) In the many times Thor has fought Ulik, Thor's has won the great majority of times, usually pretty handily. But against Hercules, it's been closer to 50/50... and Thor has LOST a few to Herc. Anyway you look at it, Herc wins over Ulik. I am no Ulik hater (in fact, I've always liked him), Ulik is one tough, powerful, savage troll...
But Hercules wins.

llagrok
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
1) A sucker punch to a sleeping Odin would have proved nothing.
2) Balder?!? So what? Again, this proves nothing in terms of strength... Balder is a great fighter, but is not even CLOSE to Herc/Thor strenght.
3) In the many times Thor has fought Ulik, Thor's has won the great majority of times, usually pretty handily. But against Hercules, it's been closer to 50/50... and Thor has LOST a few to Herc. Anyway you look at it, Herc wins over Ulik. I am no Ulik hater (in fact, I've always liked him), Ulik is one tough, powerful, savage troll...
But Hercules wins.

I can't recall any occasions where Thor has lost to Hercules.

A drunken Hercules actually fought him better than a silver one did laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
I can't recall any occasions where Thor has lost to Hercules.

A drunken Hercules actually fought him better than a silver one did laughing

He bested him in h2h combat in the instance you just referenced.

Horrificus
Originally posted by hunbu04

strength=hercules incalculable strength, ulik = class 95
This will come in handy if they have a weight-lifting contest.

Ulik has proven to be a match for Thor in every area.

Have never seen a damaged Ulik. Even when he loses against Thor's hammer. Hercules has been damaged badly, over and over.

Never saw Ulik get tired yet.

Ulik, without a weapon to counter Thor's hammer, has been able to match Thor, and has had him on the ropes again and again.

psycho gundam
ulik already bested heracles, coupled with ulik's lesser appearances, he does better in combat than herc. oh and ulik lacks an ongoing series so just because herc beat more guys, don't think he is better than ulik. p.s. ulik bullies asgardian gods for kicks

Cap'n Happy
ulik already bested heracles, coupled with ulik's lesser appearances, he does better in combat than herc. oh and ulik lacks an ongoing series so just because herc beat more guys, don't think he is better than ulik. p.s. ulik bullies asgardian gods for kicks

Yeah, he would bully a lot of gods from most every pantheon... but not Thor or Herc... only a fool thinks these are anything but tuf fights, but fights that Thor and Herc win 7/10 - which is probably their win rate in the comics. Everyone knows this to be true, or do you just get kicks in convincing some non-knowlageble people about things that the comics clearly don't back you up on. Ulik is a bad ass- but Thor and Herc are gods, second in line to rule their kingdoms. They win 7/10 hard fought battles.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Yeah, he would bully a lot of gods from most every pantheon... but not Thor or Herc... only a fool thinks these are anything but tuf fights, but fights that Thor and Herc win 7/10 - which is probably their win rate in the comics. Everyone knows this to be true, or do you just get kicks in convincing some non-knowlageble people about things that the comics clearly don't back you up on. Ulik is a bad ass- but Thor and Herc are gods, second in line to rule their kingdoms. They win 7/10 hard fought battles.
Sorry man. Herc has all the tools, but he is, was, and always will be a big goof. That's why he is always at odds with Zeus. Because he is a clown.
He has been written to have a "glass jaw" since the beginning. Hell, he got beat by Daredevil!
No matter what Herc's stats are, he is still a slacker.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Horrificus
Sorry man. Herc has all the tools, but he is, was, and always will be a big goof. That's why he is always at odds with Zeus. Because he is a clown.
He has been written to have a "glass jaw" since the beginning. Hell, he got beat by Daredevil!

Herc a goof? Sure he is , big time. He is a sunny, happy-go-lucky version of Thor. But this does not mean he isn't a powerhouse. He has NEVER been shown to have a glass jaw (unless it's in a story where he's been depowered or something)- he has taken the best shots of Thor, Hulk, Gladiator- you name it. Yeah, he is a bit of a slacker- but not about combat- it is what he lives for. He out powers Ulik. Not by a lot, but he does.

PS- about Herc always being a goof... some future story lines have Herc finally growing up and getting serious. He is destined to take over the mantle of Zeus.

PS #2- Herc losing to DD?- come on man.

hunbu04
Did you just say hercules have a glass jaw, these are just some of the few people hercules have beaten and stalemated over the years lets see how ulik will fair against them
Thor
hulk
maxam
Adam warlock
Ares
Wonderman
The possesser
pluto
typhon
firolord
the entire thunderbolt roster
abomination
should I continue because the list is very long

Knowsbleed33
Does Ulik get his pounders in this fight? If so...I think he can take Hercules in a slugfest.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Does Ulik get his pounders in this fight? If so...I think he can take Hercules in a slugfest.

If Ulik gets to use the pounders, shouldn't Herc get to use his golden mace?

Knowsbleed33
All Uliks pounders do is increase his striking power. Hercules is already stronger than Ulik so he doesn't need help hitting hard.

guy222
bumprav

Dr.Crankenstein
Hercules should win this.

olympian
Originally posted by Horrificus

You mean the time when Daredevil trew Captains shield that landed on the back of his head, and of all the Avengers who wer down by the surprise attack, he was the only one still conscious?

Say, its a lousy showing but it sure beats the hell out of losing to Punisher like Ulik did.

The only time Ulik ever came close to best Hercules, was after the "Avengers Siege" where Herc was fearfull of the same thing happening again. The thing that doesnt make it impressive is, Hercules wouldnt figth back until he regained his confidence again.

Once he did, he plummed thro the Wrecking Crew, like they owned him money.

golem370
When the old Marvel Handbook came out Thor was said to lift 95 tons and so was Ulik. Marvel has seen fit to increase Thor's strength over the last 30 years. Thats why when they said Wonder Man was on a strength level of Thor it was because he could also lift 95 tons so since Marvel increased Thor strength to Class 100 enabling to lift over 100 tons Ulik and Wonder Man should out of default be also in the Class 100 ton range as well

psycho gundam
uru pounders for the win.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by olympian
Say, its a lousy showing but it sure beats the hell out of losing to Punisher like Ulik did.

I think you meant to say "Was shot with all manners of weaponry and was about to break Punisher's helpless neck untill DD showed up and saved his ass."

tkitna
Hercules for the majority

olympian
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
I think you meant to say "Was shot with all manners of weaponry and was about to break Punisher's helpless neck untill DD showed up and saved his ass."

I meant exactly what i said.

My reading of one showing about Ulik, was as accurate as his reading of a showing of Hercules smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.