Tales of the Unexpected with The Spectre!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
For those of you following the post-IC Spectre should definetly look into this upcoming series. I really looking forward to see more of Crispus Allen and how deals with being the reincarnation of the Spirit of Vengeance. The series will also feature Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost.

Juntai
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
For those of you following the post-IC Spectre should definetly look into this upcoming series. I really looking forward to see more of Crispus Allen and how deals with being the reincarnation of the Spirit of Vengeance. The series will also feature Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost. I already posted about this in the Spectre Respect Thread a while back, but good looks on giving it its own thread. Spectre always needs more threads. big grin

kevdude
Who is Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost?

Juntai
Originally posted by kevdude
Who is Doctor Thirteen and The Gentleman Ghost? Gentlemen Ghost was a villain, who most recently can be seen in the final JSA story arc. His name is Jim Cradock.

Doctor Thirteen is a supernatural investigator who appears from time to time.

grey fox
Gentlemen Ghost is awesome....

Skeets
I'll be getting this and posting some in the respect thread.

I'm looking forward to more of Crispus Allen....

Juntai
Originally posted by Skeets
I'll be getting this and posting some in the respect thread.

I'm looking forward to more of Crispus Allen.... Did you ever post the rest of volume 4?
Like the stuff him splitting into millions of versions an sending them all across all realities and stuff?

edit- ok Im looking, seems you got up to issue 15.

galan7777777
i cant wait for this series.....ive followed the spectre since the beginning

Deathstroke
I'll definitely be picking this one up.

Juntai
I like that Spectre is getting a lot of respect lately.
When I first came, he got very little.
People thought that guys like Odin could whomp him.

outavodka
Originally posted by galan7777777
i cant wait for this series.....ive followed the spectre since the beginning then that means ur old as hell

Skeets
Originally posted by Juntai
Did you ever post the rest of volume 4?
Like the stuff him splitting into millions of versions an sending them all across all realities and stuff?

edit- ok Im looking, seems you got up to issue 15.
I have alot of the scans just haven't uploaded them tonight I'll post some more.

galan7777777
Originally posted by outavodka
then that means ur old as hell lol, no im not that old, but ive collected almost all of the issues, even some of the originals

WrathfulDwarf
I like that Spectre is getting a lot of respect lately.
When I first came, he got very little.
People thought that guys like Odin could whomp him.

That's absurd...The Spectre is by all reason and fact the most powerful deity in all comic books. The Spectre has always had that respect in him. It's just he's becoming more and more popular.

Doc Potato
Gentlemen Ghost was a villain, who most recently can be seen in the final JSA story arc. His name is Jim Cradock.

Doctor Thirteen is a supernatural investigator who appears from time to time. Which is the final JSA arc? I'm playing catch up with them and am up to Black Reign...

Deathstroke
bump. There's a preview up on DC's site, but my computer is being cool and won't open it. I'd really appreciate it if someone could post the scans on here.

WrathfulDwarf
Read it and it was kinda disturbing. The issue ends with a rather strange notion. How was the guy able to see the ghost of The Spectre? I didn't get it. So I'm hoping issue 2 will answer that dilema.

Deathstroke
I thought the spectre part was cool, but I didn't find the Dr. Thirteen stuff that interesting.

DarkCrawler
That's absurd...The Spectre is by all reason and fact the most powerful deity in all comic books. The Spectre has always had that respect in him. It's just he's becoming more and more popular.

Michael, Lucifer and probably the Great Evil Beast are above him in power when it comes to DC.

And of course God.

Juntai
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Michael, Lucifer and probably the Great Evil Beast are above him in power when it comes to DC.

And of course God. Except we only see Micheal fight Spectre while performing Gods will, while Spectre's power comes up short in those instances. However the fights between them, such as in Zero Hour issue of Spectre where they detail the history between them, they were going head to head as basically equals.

Lucifer hasn't done anything on panel to suggest he's up with them, unless you're considering Vertigo, which isn't DC canon.

GEB is likewise not DC canon, as its from a Vertigo title.

DarkCrawler
Vertigo isn't canon?

Where was this said? I understand this in comics like Fables, which happen in entirely different universe, but in comics like Sandman...(Which have featured a lot of DC characters), and when some Vertigo characters have appeared in normal DC comics too...

Juntai
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Vertigo isn't canon?

Where was this said? I understand this in comics like Fables, which happen in entirely different universe, but in comics like Sandman...(Which have featured a lot of DC characters), and when some Vertigo characters have appeared in normal DC comics too... Well, Hell doesn't even exist in Vertigo, as per Lucifer what 70 maybe? . . .

. . well, where is Etrigan from?

Do you see the demons of hell walking around around in downtown metropolis?
Elaine united all the beings.

Vertigo has a lot of nice stories, but I'm sure they're not canon for DC, and one article posted a while back on newsarama also said DC Editorial staff doesn't consider it canon either.

WrathfulDwarf
Wow! the new issue was very disturbing and nearly sickening. I was glad to see Phantom Strange in the series...but man, this issue was downright sick.

However, Dr Thirteen made me laugh....Marvel characters in the subway! lol! Plus that bizzare 52 in the end made it even weirder. Great stuff!

Galan007
Why was it so sickening?

Use spoiler warnings if you're worried about giving it away...... I'm just really curious. big grin

WrathfulDwarf
Two little girls raped and killed. First one is completely torn apart by a pedophile. The other one horrendously been torture by a big fat ugly clown. Who kidnap her and force her to remove her clothes. Then killing her....

Thank goodness The Spectre took care of business.

Galan007
Two little girls raped and killed. First one is completely torn apart. The one horrendously been torture by a big fat ugly clown. Who kidnap her and force her to remove her clothes. Then killing her....

Thank goodness The Spectre took care of business. My God... That is disgusting!

Please tell me Spectre took care of that dude with "extreme prejudice"....

Donkey Punch
Well, Hell doesn't even exist in Vertigo, as per Lucifer what 70 maybe? . . .

. . well, where is Etrigan from?

Do you see the demons of hell walking around around in downtown metropolis?
Elaine united all the beings.

Vertigo has a lot of nice stories, but I'm sure they're not canon for DC, and one article posted a while back on newsarama also said DC Editorial staff doesn't consider it canon either.

Hell in the D.C. realm seems to be under the control of Neron, well until he became trapped in Fates tower that is. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.