Fantasy worlds and the real world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Hiya, I was just wondering if any of you have heard of Mernac? Do you think the idea can work?
I mean can a fantasy world really help change this one for the better?
People are selfish, but they're also talented...the opps are bascially endless.

§P0oONY
Never heard or Mernac but here's betting that anything in it would not improve the world we live in. I believe that Fantasy worlds have ****ed up our society far more than aided it, simply because of fanboys.

debbiejo
Don't know what that word means. Can you give a link?

Yet the mind and thoughts are so real it would astound a person. It can make ones thoughts/fantasies into reality to some point.........good to study it though, cause you don't want to in flick your will onto another.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by debbiejo
Don't know what that word means. Can you give a link?

Yet the mind and thoughts are so real it would astound a person. It can make ones thoughts/fantasies into reality to some point.........good to study it though, cause you don't want to in flick your will onto another.

It's customary to think before you post. stick out tongue

Quiero Mota
What the hell's Mernac?

But based on the context "a fantasy to make the world a better place" I can already tell you that the answer is no.

debbiejo

§P0oONY
Maybe you need to read a bit more before U comment............. smile

I don't think I've ever felt the need to use a 3 letter acronym more than now....

LOL!

debbiejo
Silly boy............ stick out tongue pick up a book on quantum physics and metaphysics......along with ancient beliefs and practices, against/or with the view of modern miracles.... .........then comment.

§P0oONY
Silly boy............ stick out tongue pick up a book on quantum physics and metaphysics......along with ancient beliefs and practices, against/or with the view of modern miracles.... .........then comment.

I took a year course on Quantum Physics last year... So I feel I'm proficient enough in the subject to know that it has absolutely nothing to do with this subject, even if you are one of those people who thinks that you can explain everything except Gravity and Radiation using Quantum Physics.

And in the future you might not want to comment one someone's reading ability as from looking at your original post in this thread, you can't spell inflict.

And when it comes to ancient beliefs, well I'm studying Ancient History at the moment. Just finished a year course on ancient Greek society and their beliefs and rituals.... And I've just started a course on the same but for Rome and I'm pretty sure I have at least a basic knowledge or contemporary beliefs.

OWNED!

Robtard
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8862/mernns5.png

Or go to WWW.MERNAC.COM... (I love Google)

It reminds me of 'World of Warcraft' for pansies.

Quiero Mota
So a video game is supposed to make the world a better place? What the f**k?

debbiejo

redcaped
no thanking

Quiero Mota
a good speller doesn't make a an intelligent person

But an intelligent person should make a good speller.

clap
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
What the hell's Mernac?

Carnac the Magnificent's dumb cousin.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/Streetlight11/carnac.jpg

clap
But an intelligent person should make a good speller.

True. Also, a person who goes on and on about their educational pedigree as a substitute for actually making any cognitive point is not necessarily an intelligent person. (See above, not you Mota)

debbiejo
But an intelligent person should make a good speller. Mark Twain, Ben Franklin, Bernard Shaw , Andrew Wilson.
amonst many others..............

clap
I think fantasy worlds like this do make for a better world. People that tend to get caught up in these type games let their life revolve around the game, forsaking external reality for a "better" fantasy life. These people wind up reproducing less than the average person because of this life dedication.

That's got to have a positive effect on the gene pool.

clap
Mark Twain, amonst many others..............

You're just making excuses for a shortcoming. How about working to improve it instead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.