flash Vs the Runner ( Race of the century)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
Who wins this race wink ?

I was going to say Kindom Come Flash but thats certainly overkill.

Inhuman
not enough apearances by runner to determin his limits.
Runner was the only one I recal speedblitzing thanos. A feat not even surfer has ever been able to do.
Flash has plenty of feats I know.

Inconclusive wink

galan7777777
Originally posted by Inhuman
Runner was the only one I recal speedblitzing thanos. A feat not even surfer has ever been able to do.

Inconclusive wink agreed, by on pannel feats flash would win..... but the runner is no slouch, he was much faster then SS

Inhuman
Plus if they raced forever, and they were neck and neck. Flash would eventually drop dead of old age.
Runner is immortal cool

sexyking

Inconclusive wink

laughing out loud That logic doesnt apply here look at sentry he doesnt have that much feats but his still someone people debate about.

sexyking
Plus if they raced forever, and they were neck and neck. Flash would eventually drop dead of old age.
Runner is immortal cool

The kind of speed they would be moving at i don't think the Flash would be doing much ageing.

galan7777777
Runner is immortal cool true, in my oppinion the runner is marvels version of the flash, both seem to be able to travel at infinate speeds (the runner taps the power primordeal for his speed) and (flash taps the speed force for his speed), but unlike the flash runner cannot really be harmed

sexyking
Originally posted by galan7777777
true, in my oppinion the runner is marvels version of the flash, both seem to be able to travel at infinate speeds (the runner taps the power primordeal for his speed) and (flash taps the speed force for his speed), but unlike the flash runner cannot really be harmed

I dont think the primordeal can match the speed force in terms of speed.

galan7777777
Originally posted by sexyking
I dont think the primordeal can match the speed force in terms of speed. why?

sexyking
Originally posted by galan7777777
why?

Well ones primary function is speed while the other is a multi tasked force that is used in a variety of ways.

sexyking
double post

Inhuman
Still - inconclusive is the only real answer smile

sexyking
Still - inconclusive is the only real answer smile

laughing out loud That seems to be your only answer based on this battle.

Inhuman
laughing out loud That seems to be your only answer based on this battle.

I did say that if they run virtually forever, and they happened to be pretty much neck and neck forever. Then Flash will eventually colapse and drop dead from old age. Even if its ultra slow aging due to the ridiculous speed these guys would be going at. EVENTUALLY they guy who can die will do so.

smokin'

lando005
I did say that if they run virtually forever, and they happened to be pretty much neck and neck forever. Then Flash will eventually colapse and drop dead from old age. Even if its ultra slow aging due to the ridiculous speed these guys would be going at. EVENTUALLY they guy who can die will do so.

smokin'
you got a point there

sexyking

smokin'

I disagree the flash has run to the end of creation eventually he will leave the runner in the dirt.

Juntai

smokin' No, Flash could convert to energy.

Ext@nt
I thought Zoom was faster then Flash, from the issues I read he couldnt keep up with Hunter.

Inhuman
I disagree the flash has run to the end of creation eventually he will leave the runner in the dirt.

We still dont know runners limits thats why its "inclonclusive".

Plus is this race on a forever track? In dc or marvel universe? A neutural universe?
If its not in DC there is no "speed force". If its in DC then who says the runner cant tap into the "speed force"

smile

and runner can absorb that energy.
BUT this isnt a fight.

Inhuman
If it is in DC universe then...
IF runner taps into the speed force. Its a human that runs fast + speed force(flash) Vs. A very powerfull elder of the universe who runs fast + speed force.

Validus
Flash wins.

sexyking
If it is in DC universe then...
IF runner taps into the speed force. Its a human that runs fast + speed force(flash) Vs. A very powerfull elder of the universe who runs fast + speed force.

Your kidding right? Without the primordeal the Runner is would be the walker and i doubt it that he can tap into the speed force,If we want to go by that logic it becomes never ending.

Inhuman
Your kidding right? Without the primordeal the Runner is would be the walker and i doubt it that he can tap into the speed force,If we want to go by that logic it becomes never ending .

exactly.
inconclusive cool
ps. So your saying that flash gets the speed force right? So that means the race is in DC. So there might be a chance that runner taps into the speed force too. I dont see why he wouldnt.
but all this is speculation. Thats why in the begining of this thread I said "inconclusive" because the runner has too few apearances.
That is the only logical answer.
Saying flash wins automatically because someone can post hundreds of scans of flashs feats doesnt make alot of sense to me.
but whatever.erm

Juntai
We still dont know runners limits thats why its "inclonclusive".

Plus is this race on a forever track? In dc or marvel universe? A neutural universe?
If its not in DC there is no "speed force". If its in DC then who says the runner cant tap into the "speed force"

smile

and runner can absorb that energy.
BUT this isnt a fight.
I was making the comment based the 'he would die of old age' thing. He can just convert to energy.

Juntai
exactly.
inconclusive cool
ps. So your saying that flash gets the speed force right? So that means the race is in DC. So there might be a chance that runner taps into the speed force too. I dont see why he wouldnt.
but all this is speculation. Thats why in the begining of this thread I said "inconclusive" because the runner has too few apearances.
Saying flash wins automatically because someone can post hundreds of scans of flashs feats doesnt make alot of sense to me.
but whatever.erm No. Speedforce chooses you.

Validus
exactly.
inconclusive cool

He isn't fast enough. He'd have to break the time and dimensional barriers first. Until then he's just another fast guy in the DCU.

Superherovandal
yeah its not every who-ha speedster that gets the SF. its only those it chooses. like Jay, Barry, Bart, Savitar, Wally, Max Mercury.

lando005
Originally posted by Validus
He isn't fast enough. He'd have to break the time and dimensional barriers first. Until then he's just another fast guy in the DCU.
but his whole point is nobody know how fast the runner really is we havent seen what he can do

sexyking
exactly.
inconclusive cool
ps. So your saying that flash gets the speed force right? So that means the race is in DC. So there might be a chance that runner taps into the speed force too. I don't see why he wouldnt.
Saying flash wins automatically because someone can post hundreds of scans of flashs feats doesn't make alot of sense to me.
but whatever.erm

The way your thinking is flawed and i can understand why at least i am assuming why. And i don't think you can say this ability works in one universe and it doesn't work in another. This is a Vs forum so we are assuming both characters are with their powers. If we went about things like that then the base of a battle would reveal the outcome of every battle how do we know the power cosmic works in DC, how do we know the GL ring works in marvel, thats why we will assume they fight on equal grounds with their ability's from their universe available to both.

Inhuman

inconclusive. smile

but alright the runner has like 10 or less apearances to flashes thousands.
there is no way to tell runners limits. But we know how fast flash is. so by that and ONLY that ill say flash wins.

Validus
Originally posted by lando005
but his whole point is nobody know how fast the runner really is we havent seen what he can do
That's Runner's problem.

Validus
inconclusive. smile

Not really and FYI, you're going to need another excuse. Wasn't Barry Allen going to beat Runner in that marathon race if he hadn't stopped to help people?

I don't see why it's so hard to admit Wally's feats are better than Runner's.

sexyking
Not really and FYI, you're going to need another excuse. Wasn't Barry Allen going to beat Runner in that marathon race if he hadn't stopped to help people?

I don't see why it's so hard to admit Wally's feats are better than Runner's.

laughing out loud do you really have to ask why

Inhuman

I would love to see that if you have scans. I never seen it.

I kinda did. look up a few posts erm

Inhuman
laughing out loud do you really have to ask why

Im not really a runner fanboy. There are other heros/villains that I like more than him. I just have him in my sig because he is kinda a lesser known guy who I think is pretty cool smile

JOE NUNEZ
Im not really a runner fanboy. There are other heros/villains that I like more than him. I just have him in my sig because he is kinda a lesser known guy who I think is pretty cool smile Hey dont feel bad, in a fight Runner would kill Flash.... wink

Avalonofthewind
Flash wins.

Runner had his best feats with the space gem.

UniOmni
Im not really a runner fanboy. There are other heros/villains that I like more than him. I just have him in my sig because he is kinda a lesser known guy who I think is pretty cool smile

Well, we can always say he fathered Superman Prime.... embarrasment

Inhuman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Flash wins.

Runner had his best feats with the space gem.
Nope. Space gem(which runner RARELY taped into) only granted him instant teleportaion. Because the elders didnt know how to fully tap into their powers. And when they rarely did it was a subconsious act. Some elders didnt even know the gems did anything at all.

LOL I agree with you, but now youll have flash guys comming in here with all this infinite mass puches, drop a multiverse, speed force, giberish wink

JOE NUNEZ
Nope. Space gem(which runner RARELY taped into) only granted him instant teleportaion. Because the elders didnt know how to fully tap into their powers. And when they rarely did it was a subconsious act. Some elders like champion didnt even know the gems did anything at all.

LOL I agree with you, but now youll have flash guys comming in here with all this infinite mass puches, drop a multiverse, speed force, giberish wink I dont think Flash can beat Surfer, in a couple of panels....

Avalonofthewind
Nope. Space gem(which runner RARELY taped into) only granted him instant teleportaion. Because the elders didnt know how to fully tap into their powers. And when they rarely did it was a subconsious act. Some

He was tapping into it all along without knowing it.

Inhuman
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
I dont think Flash can beat Surfer, in a couple of panels....

I forgot what thread it was that flash and surfer were being tested by actual feats as to which was faster. I think the outcome was that they were both pretty much as fast as your gonna get. A stalemate i guess.
BUT the way runner is faster than surfer. cool
Surfer couldnt keep up and eventuall got his ass beat by runner.
But that A beats B logic wink

Juntai
I forgot what thread it was that flash and surfer were being tested by actual feats as to which was faster. I think the outcome was that they were both pretty much as fast as your gonna get. A stalemate i guess.
BUT the way runner is faster than surfer. cool
Surfer couldnt keep up and eventuall got his ass beat by runner.
But that A beats B logic wink That was what a couple of people said, however no one PROVED that Surfer is as a fast as Flash, as Flash's feats shown in that very thread walked all over Surfers.

And you're forgetting when Surfer and another guy blitzed Runner and some of the other elders a few issues after that initial confrontation when Surfer didn't go all out because of Runner's 'likable' power.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
He was tapping into it all along without knowing it.

wrong again. Thanos even tells runner that his speed wasnt due to the gem. Just the instant teleportation. Thanos had way more knowledge of the gems than any of the elders did.
Thanos even states " I have never seen speed such as this"

JOE NUNEZ
Not really:

Flash fans= 2,000,000,000

Runner fans= You and me= 2

Inhuman
Originally posted by Juntai
That was what a couple of people said, however no one PROVED that Surfer is as a fast as Flash, as Flash's feats shown in that very thread walked all over Surfers.
And you're forgetting when Surfer and another guy blitzed Runner and some of the other elders a few issues after that initial confrontation when Surfer didn't go all out because of Runner's 'likable' power.

I dont think runner was blitzerm
He was double teamed but not blitzed. If you have the scans post them. I have been looking for them.

btw- Runner Respect Thread

Endless Mike
Didn't the Runner lose a race to a guy who was based off of Barry Allen?

invisiblewoman
Runner is immortal cool
well put, short and sweet. big grin

manorastroman
didn't runner do something ridiculous like hear a woman screaming across the universe and arrive to her location before she even stopped screaming? i seem to remember...

and the barry allen thing is pretty flimsy. "buried alien" dropped out of the race to help someone in need, but, regardless, his appearance was really just an homage to a great and beloved character who had just been erased. i don't think it was supposed to indicate anything.

Inhuman
Originally posted by manorastroman
didn't runner do something ridiculous like hear a woman screaming across the universe and arrive to her location before she even stopped screaming? i seem to remember...

yeah. I have a pic depicting that scene in the respect thread. Look up a few posts up. smile

Jesse7
Flash has out moved and simply out speeds, instant warping and transportation, he has done this before.

Secondly Flash instantly moves at twenty trillion times the speed of light before runner can even react, and no the runner cannot move or react this fast, because of shown how easily he can be ambushed. So flash speed blitzes the runner, steals his kinitic energy which literaly stops the runner dead from doing absolutely anything, even his form and body would be in limbo since the runner is made of energy and with kinitic energy it does nothing it is like in limbo.

so with the runner frozen with no kinitic energy to think, move, use the gem, etc., Flash then drops him off in the speed force, or IMPs him.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Jesse7
Flash has out moved and simply out speeds, instant warping and transportation, he has done this before.
Secondly Flash instantly moves at twenty trillion times the speed of light before runner can even react, and no the runner cannot move or react this fast, because of shown how easily he can be ambushed. So flash speed blitzes the runner, steals his kinitic energy which literaly stops the runner dead from doing absolutely anything, even his form and body would be in limbo since the runner is made of energy and with kinitic energy it does nothing it is like in limbo.
so with the runner frozen with no kinitic energy to think, move, use the gem, etc., Flash then drops him off in the speed force, or IMPs him.

This thread has already been stated as "inconclusive" because of too few runner apearances. If you read the whole thread you would have known that. Or that this isnt a fight(which runner would win btw).
You just started babbling nonsense not realizing this wasnt a fight but race.
anyhow I already said "inconclusive"
But bases on feats and apearances and ONLY that i say flash takes it.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Jesse7

Wait now, if being ambushed is an indicaion that someone is unable to move that fast, than Flash OBVIOUSLY can't do it either. HELLO, Deathstroke anyone.

lft4ded
I was talking Hulk vs Superman today and he brought the Deathstroke incident up (I was talking orders of magnitude when comparing Supes speed to Hulk) but we both remember the (IIRC) pre-Speed Force incident were Wally was almost shot in the back while chilling at home. As soon as the bullet touched his skin he immediately ramped up before it could actually pierce it.

We decided that Wally normally fights with his mind 'out of it'. IDK.

It not like Deathstroke was hiding IIRC, he was in plain sight. Wally wasn't paying attention or was thinking about something else.

I'd give it to Flash because I like his costume better... stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
Flash by considering his feat where he took 500,000 people 35 mile away from a nuclear explosion in 0,00001 500000X(35X2 because he had go back and bring them out 1by 1)that is 35,000,000 miles X1.6 =56,000,000 X 10000=56,000,000,0000 Km/s=56,000,000,000,000 M/s

Tha C-Master
Not really and FYI, you're going to need another excuse. Wasn't Barry Allen going to beat Runner in that marathon race if he hadn't stopped to help people? But how do we know this just isn't a low showing for runner? Hell, how many low showings has Galactus had? Runner is a less popular character so they aren't going to let him win against Flash in a crossover battle, or Barry Allen.

I don't see why it's so hard to admit Wally's feats are better than Runner's. Flash is my favorite DC character, but just because a character has alot of "feats" means little on its own. There is not enough background information, there is not enough solid statistical fact. Just feat. And using a bunch of feats creates a circular/illogical argument based on one party using high feats and one party using low feats. That makes guys like Superman always have an advantage in threads against lesser knowns, he's practically invented feats.

Juntai
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
But how do we know this just isn't a low showing for runner? Hell, how many low showings has Galactus had? Runner is a less popular character so they aren't going to let him win against Flash in a crossover battle, or Barry Allen.

Flash is my favorite DC character, but just because a character has alot of "feats" means little on its own. There is not enough background information, there is not enough solid statistical fact. Just feat. And using a bunch of feats creates a circular/illogical argument based on one party using high feats and one party using low feats. That makes guys like Superman always have an advantage in threads against lesser knowns, he's practically invented feats. Feats show what a character is capable of. I understand you to a point, but without them .. . what are we comparing? Cooler costumes?

And it wasn't a crossover. "Burried Alien", who was obviously a Flash analog, won the Earth Qualifier. Runner called him "The Fastest Man Alive." He was entered into "Galactic Race" and was outracing all the Marvel's speedsters. Until Makkari tapped Marvel's equivelent of the speedforce. roll eyes (sarcastic) And "Buried Alien" quit racing to save him, being far more knowledgable in such things.

Tha C-Master
Feats show what a character is capable of. I understand you to a point, but without them .. . what are we comparing? Feats are an illustration to a degree, but alone they aren't foolproof. There are many different incentives for a feat or an event, where it be to show off a cool new character, or to make two other characters look even. I'm not saying don't use feats obviously, I'm saying that alone it just leads to a long cycle of arguing since on party will bring up low showings and the other will bring up high showings, a characters feats are based on popularity and other factors as well often. There has to be something statistical to back them up.

And by your same statement it is what everyone else is saying, feats show from a writers/artist's point of view what the character can do. If there is a lack of sufficient feats, then who can accurately guage certain characters? Does anyone know Runner's speed limit? We know he's fast, and may be faster than SS. Still too vague. We know he bends space, that's a good advantage to him. If one can't draw an specific guage for one character, then it is impossible logically to make a conclusion for both.

B=? A=6 , which is the greater between A and B?

We don't know.

Cooler costumes?

Flash wins there.

And it wasn't a crossover. "Burried Alien", who was obviously a Flash analog, won the Earth Qualifier. Runner called him "The Fastest Man Alive." He was entered into "Galactic Race" and was outracing all the Marvel's speedsters. Until Makkari tapped Marvel's equivelent of the speedforce. roll eyes (sarcastic) And "Buried Alien" quit racing to save him, being far more knowledgable in such things. Well I retract my statement then as have not seeing the race, but then again that isn't necessarily Flash either though, that's Marvel interpretation of Flash, probably less reliable than a crossover.

I'm not saying one wins clearly here, but due to the lack of evidence to properly guage runner, a vauge conclusion is drawn at best.

manorastroman
"the barry allen thing is pretty flimsy. "buried alien" dropped out of the race to help someone in need, but, regardless, his appearance was really just an homage to a great and beloved character who had just been erased. i don't think it was supposed to indicate anything."

it'd be pretty silly to take that race as evidence. it's not even really indicative.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.