Darth Malak runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan_Vos
1.) Darth Zannah
2.) Uthar Wyn and Yuthura Ban
3.) Darth Maul
4.) Darth Sion
5.) Count Dooku
6.) Darth Traya
7.) Darth Sidious
8.) Darth Nihilus

He has a day's rest between each victim. How far will he progress?

Lightsnake
Does anything say he'd even get past 1?

Darth Sexy
There's no evidence of Zannah being very powerful, especially more than Malak. If he DOES make it past Sion, I see him dying at either Dooku or Sidious.

darthsith19
Sion takes him for sure.

Lightsnake
This is the same Zannah who could kill an accomplished Jedi knight instinctively and blow a guy's hand apart at...10?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Lightsnake
This is the same Zannah who could kill an accomplished Jedi knight instinctively and blow a guy's hand apart at...10?

oh ok Lightsnake and quantify this Jedi's power against someone like Malak? Oh that's right you can't, so the argument of "omgz zannah killed a jedi at 10" doesn't work.

zephiel7
He stands virtually zero chance against Sion...

ESB Vader
Originally posted by zephiel7
He stands virtually zero chance against Sion...

cant be sure about that yet, if sion was much stronger he should have been the dark lord... not malak

Jen'ari
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
oh ok Lightsnake and quantify this Jedi's power against someone like Malak? Oh that's right you can't, so the argument of "omgz zannah killed a jedi at 10" doesn't work.

Double standards much? Aren't you the guy who is always going on about how Malak, even without the SF = Dooku? Quantify that, moron. The fact that Zannah was instinctively able to do those things is incredible. I'd say she has the potential to be the most powerful female jedi ever (excluding the Skywalkers) - more powerful than Kreia, Nomi, Bastilla etc.

ESB Vader
Originally posted by Jen'ari
Double standards much? Aren't you the guy who is always going on about how Malak, even without the SF = Dooku? Quantify that, moron. The fact that Zannah was instinctively able to do those things is incredible. I'd say she has the potential to be the most powerful female jedi ever (excluding the Skywalkers) - more powerful than Kreia, Nomi, Bastilla etc. big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Lightsnake
Ok, how many other Sith could kill experienced Jedi Knights fighting at Ruusan of all places at the age of ten INSTINCTIVELY?
There's nothing saying Malak could beat Zannah who was an extremely strong Dark Side by all accounts

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Jen'ari
Double standards much? Aren't you the guy who is always going on about how Malak, even without the SF = Dooku? Quantify that, moron. The fact that Zannah was instinctively able to do those things is incredible. I'd say she has the potential to be the most powerful female jedi ever (excluding the Skywalkers) - more powerful than Kreia, Nomi, Bastilla etc.

1. It has been argued that Malak=Dooku without the SF.
2. There is sufficient evidence(that i've provided), that shows the SF increases your dark side power considerably. And even if it increased Malak's power in the smallest of ways, he was already on par with Dooku, so any increase would put him above Dooku. Good try Nebaris, i'm glad you fully understand what double standards are.
3. You're an idiot. Because she instinctively force crushed an average jedi at 10, she has the potential to become the most powerful female jedi/sith ever? Are you feeling stupid today? I guess Anakin>the entire star wars galaxy because he was the only human kid who could pod race, using the force.

Darth Sexy
Ok, how many other Sith could kill experienced Jedi Knights fighting at Ruusan of all places at the age of ten INSTINCTIVELY?
There's nothing saying Malak could beat Zannah who was an extremely strong Dark Side by all accounts

Actually you have Malak's power, which is more evident than Zannah's 1 feat. So unless you have evidence of anything else Zannah did, you have no argument. "But omgz Zannah force crushed someone at 10 she must be the most powerful jedi/sith ever!". No argument lightsnake.

Lightsnake
Ok, why don't we prove Malak could best her in her prime state after training with Bane? Keep in mind Zannah, as a kid, could blow someone's hand off without even trying or training.

Malak has done what greater than her?

Darth Sexy
Ok, why don't we prove Malak could best her in her prime state after training with Bane? Keep in mind Zannah, as a kid, could blow someone's hand off without even trying or training.

Malak has done what greater than her?

Prove he can best her? Considering she's an unknown and Malak was 2nd in an order of thousands of Jedi and Sith? Yea it's safe to go with Malak taking her out.

Lightsnake
And Zannah's future, according to Laa was to be among the greatest, so?

We know she became an expert saber fighter, we know she could blow limbs off at will several...what, hours, after meeting Bane? And oh, yeah, kill one of the top Jedi fighting at Ruusan in anger alone.

It's pretty safe to go with Zannah actually. When we see Malak telekenetically lift an experienced Jedi up, snap every bone in his bone and throw him back with NO training whatsoever at the age of 10 BEFORE finding a master in the number one Sith in an order of ten thousand as of Ruusan, then we can go with Malak.

Darth Sexy
And Zannah's future, according to Laa was to be among the greatest, so?

We know she became an expert saber fighter, we know she could blow limbs off at will several...what, hours, after meeting Bane? And oh, yeah, kill one of the top Jedi fighting at Ruusan in anger alone.

It's pretty safe to go with Zannah actually. When we see Malak telekenetically lift an experienced Jedi up, snap every bone in his bone and throw him back with NO training whatsoever at the age of 10 BEFORE finding a master in the number one Sith in an order of ten thousand as of Ruusan, then we can go with Malak.

Oh I forgot, because Laa stated her personal opinion, this is more definitive than Malak's war on the Jedi. Great logic lightsnake. And who exactly were the top Jedi at Ruusan? Oh that's right, you don't know. Your logic is ridiculous. Because she did a force crush at 10, she is better than Malak? In that case Naga Sadow>the whole SW galaxy because he can win wars with his illusions. Once again, facts>your retarded logic(if you can call it that).

Advent
1. It has been argued that Malak=Dooku without the SF.
2. There is sufficient evidence(that i've provided), that shows the SF increases your dark side power considerably. And even if it increased Malak's power in the smallest of ways, he was already on par with Dooku, so any increase would put him above Dooku. Good try Nebaris, i'm glad you fully understand what double standards are.
3. You're an idiot. Because she instinctively force crushed an average jedi at 10, she has the potential to become the most powerful female jedi/sith ever? Are you feeling stupid today? I guess Anakin>the entire star wars galaxy because he was the only human kid who could pod race, using the force.

1.) It's also been argued Exar Kun could take out the entire PT Council alone, lol. What are you trying to get at really? I don't see what exactly suggests Malak is on par with Dooku. Admittedly, I've stated in the past he is - of course, as it only suited my argument at the time.

2.) Proof he was on par with Dooku?

3.) Definitely a faulty comparison. Zannah demonstrated an actually impressive display of the Force, Anakin used the Force to help guide him or whatever. How's that even compare? Maybe if he would've used the Force to blow up twenty other pod racers. And when does it it say he's the only human kid who could pod race using the Force?

zephiel7
Well Malak was actually a Jedi at the age of 10 so snapping every bone in a soldiers body would be out of the question... stick out tongue

But if you are basing your argument on this one feat, it seems a little unfair to give it to Zannah, considering everything Malak was capable of doing... Perhaps when we see what Zannah is ACTUALLY capable of doing we can come to a conclusion on who wins.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Advent
1.) It's also been argued Exar Kun could take out the entire PT Council alone, lol. What are you trying to get at really? I don't see what exactly suggests Malak is on par with Dooku. Admittedly, I've stated in the past he is - of course, as it only suited my argument at the time.

2.) Proof he was on par with Dooku?

3.) Definitely a faulty comparison. Zannah demonstrated an actually impressive display of the Force, Anakin used the Force to help guide him or whatever. How's that even compare? Maybe if he would've used the Force to blow up twenty other pod racers. And when does it it say he's the only human kid who could pod race using the Force?

1. I guess the fact that he was #2 behind Revan out of thousands of Jedi/Sith. He and Revan were both lightsaber prodigies. I would believe that puts him in a category with Dooku.

2. Proof that Dooku was on par or superior to Malak? This proof thing goes both ways. I put him in a league with Dooku and Revan in a league with Yoda and Mace.

3. I couldn't think of anything better due to the ridiculous nature of the argument. If you're going to put Zannah above Malak based on one feat, then you've formed a terrible argument.

Jen'ari
1. I guess the fact that he was #2 behind Revan out of thousands of Jedi/Sith. He and Revan were both lightsaber prodigies. I would believe that puts him in a category with Dooku.

2. Proof that Dooku was on par or superior to Malak? This proof thing goes both ways. I put him in a league with Dooku and Revan in a league with Yoda and Mace.

3. I couldn't think of anything better due to the ridiculous nature of the argument. If you're going to put Zannah above Malak based on one feat, then you've formed a terrible argument.

1. Prove they were lightsaber prodigies. Prove Malak was above Vandar, Kavar ect. Can't, can you? wink

2. The thing is, you have actually stated your opinion (or the opinion of others) as fact. People are just asking you to prove up.

3. I'd say she potentially is leagues above Malak due to that one feat.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by zephiel7
Well Malak was actually a Jedi at the age of 10 so snapping every bone in a soldiers body would be out of the question... stick out tongue

But if you are basing your argument on this one feat, it seems a little unfair to give it to Zannah, considering everything Malak was capable of doing... Perhaps when we see what Zannah is ACTUALLY capable of doing we can come to a conclusion on who wins.

We see what she's capable of at the edge of ten...she was an experienced DBL wielder...and under his tutelage, we know that she had to have grown much, much stronger

Lightsnake

It's not one feat...it's that she did that feat and lived throughout decades more, growing stronger

Darth Sexy
Ah yet you have nothing on Zannah besides that one feat. Amazing lightsnake. That's called lack of argument.

Borbarad
Ah yet you have nothing on Zannah besides that one feat. Amazing lightsnake. That's called lack of argument.

Vice versa "Malak was able to get his ass handed to Revan, hence he must be uber" is an uber convincing argument...

Quinlan_Vos
Okay lets just say Malak gets passed Zannah, how far does he progres?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Borbarad
Vice versa "Malak was able to get his ass handed to Revan, hence he must be uber" is an uber convincing argument...

Gee, we have 1 thing on Zannah, and a lot more on Malak. I guess by KMC's logic, the unknown always wins huh Nai?

Advent

1.) He was #2 behind Revan so he's automatically as good as Dooku? And you talk about terrible arguments, lol. Prove any of those Jedi were on Dooku's level. Dooku is called by narration to be exactly "one of the most respected and powerful Jedi in the Order's twenty-five-thousand-year history", and is stated to be "an even greater Sith" (by narration, and Yoda's dialogue indicates this as well); albeit, it's true he's not "number 2" of the era, but he's what? Like the fifth best in an era where the Jedi Order is at its prime? Above the likes of Obi-Wan, Grievous, Sora, Maul, etc. A little more impressive, I'd say.

A lightsaber prodigy? How's that? And of course, merely being a "prodigy" doesn't mean your better than another prodigious being.

2.) Yes, why is the question. Okay, you put him in league with Dooku for...what reason exactly? Numero Dos behind Revan, and he's a "prodigy"? Great reasonings. Dooku is a prodigy, too - surprise, surprise.

Let's see, his displays of Force mastery suggests his power is tremendous (and what did Malak ever do with the Force that was impressive, btw? Choking a guard? Lol. Dooku choked out Komari Vosa.). There's the fact ROTS Obi-Wan isn't even a match for Dooku's Force power, he was owned at literally the flick of the wrist:

"He gathered the Force once more in a single indrawn breath that summoned power from throughout the universe; the slightest whipcrack of that power, negligent as a flick of his wrist, sent Kenobi flying backward to crash hard against the wall."

Also note that he did this while fending off Anakin. He also did tool Asajj Ventress, who we know is pretty powerful. Not the strongest, but still. And he also - with one finger - brought Ventress down to her knees:

"Her face went pale. Dooku lifted that one finger, and this time he tapped it in the air, as if pushing a needle into a pincushion. Ventress crumpled to her knees. Her voice came out clotted with pain. Dooku made another little patting motion, and Ventress slammed to the tile floor. "

So, we have a flick of the wrist, a tap of the finger, patting motion. "Strong in the Force this one is", eh? From the AOTC novelization, when he puts Anakin out of commission for a time:

"Dooku's hand shot out toward the charging Jedi, sending forth a Force push as solid as any stone wall, and a burst of blue Force lightning. With a wave of his hand, Dooku sent Anakin flying across the room, to crash into a distant wall, where he slumped down, dazed.

He was able to completely revitalize himself using just the Force (ROTS novel), suggesting he doesn't need some dumbass Jedi captives to do it, lol. We know he's obviously a proficient Force lightning user by his displays in AOTC, and other various things. He was able to own Sora Bulq, and knock him out with Force lightning:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4374/sorapwnedys9.th.jpg

As seen in the background is Tholme, who himself is no weakling was battling with Dooku 2-on-1, and even so Dooku still beat Sora, and right after spared Tholme, only of course, after owning him with his saber as well:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2785/tholmedookuduelga6.th.jpg

Really though, Dooku has a vast amount of training, and experience over Malak. Roughly 80+ years of it. Since we know he was trained as a youngling, he has about 70+ years experience as a Jedi, and 13 years as a Sith Lord. Now, we know experience definitely isn't everything, however, to deny it gives an advantage is purely ridiculous. For example, throughout those years - he is stated to know "Every weakness of Ataru" (his duel against Yoda obviously didn't end in a victory, however, Yoda's pure skill is probably better than anything).

And within those years, has mastered Makashi - the lightsaber to lightsaber form - to it's highest degree. Admittedly, forms are necessity for victory, however, it's clue that Dooku's lightsaber skills are no joke. And one thing that matters not is Dooku's age:

"Physically, the Count's age was rarely a handicap. Deft as he had become with the Force-unimaginably more subtle than the boy who had watched water-skeeters in the Jedi gardens all those years ago-he wore his eighty-three standard years better than most humans half his age. He was still in superb physical shape, senses keen, health undiminished by even the memory of a cold."

So, just to put that out there because I've heard a lot of people say stuff like "Dude! Character X is so much younger!".

He has also bested Mace Windu in personal combat before, now Windu wasn't at his peak, however, he still beat him (it's kind of irrelevant to even bring up, but just to add to the fact. He's also described as "Dooku, consummate planner, consummate duelist." Consummate meaning perfect or to the highest degree. Clearly Dooku's skill with a lightsaber is amazing. Even Yoda comments on his skills:

"Yoda stirred again with his stick. "Then best of all would be the strongest student, yes? Wisest? Most learned in the ways of the Force?" He nodded. "Best of all, Dooku would be!"

Calling him the strongest student, and one that has learned the most. We also know Dooku is more powerful than Grievous, who has slain numerous Jedi Masters with ease (Council member as well), Asajj Ventress, and so on.

What's Malak got on his resume?

3.) Because I like, ever argued Zannah is better? Puh-leaze.

Don't address points to me that were never made by me, or even implied. I'm merely stating the comparison had absolutely no connection whatsoever, and was faulty. And why are you talking to me at all about Zannah > Malak or vice verse? Because on that matter Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

And just for professional kicks....

Quote Sources (so people don't question mah authoritah):

- Attack of the Clones novelization.
- Revenge of the Sith novelization.
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.
- Labyrinth of Evil.
- Star Wars Republic 72: Trackdown, Part 1.

Advent
And within those years, has mastered Makashi - the lightsaber to lightsaber form - to it's highest degree. Admittedly, forms are necessity for victory, however, it's clue that Dooku's lightsaber skills are no joke.

Actually here I made a typo, it should say "Admittedly, forms aren't the necessity for victory". A grammatical error, I'm so ashamed!

As seen in the background is Tholme, who himself is no weakling was battling with Dooku 2-on-1, and even so Dooku still beat Sora, and right after spared Tholme, only of course, after owning him with his saber as well.

Holy crap. Two errors now. I meant to say "battling against Dooku 2-on-1 ".

Lightsnake
hats off to Advent for the great post! ....who should be on IM...
And I hope will marry me....and I'll stop talking *Wink*

Darth Sexy
Good most Sama, I'm still waiting for ANYBODY to make a case for Zannah..

Lightsnake
Lesse, she was, at...10 more powerful than an experienced Dark Lord like Githany or Kopecz. She killed a strong and experienced Jedi with no prior training at ten before THE most powerful Jedi of ten thousand Sith found and trained her, she was a saber expert and became a great, powerful and terrible Dark Jedi after Bane's death....

Case made

Darth Sexy
Lesse, she was, at...10 more powerful than an experienced Dark Lord like Githany or Kopecz. She killed a strong and experienced Jedi with no prior training at ten before THE most powerful Jedi of ten thousand Sith found and trained her, she was a saber expert and became a great, powerful and terrible Dark Jedi after Bane's death....

Case made

Prove she was more powerful than those 2? Because she did a force crush at 10? Hardly lightsnake. Prove she was a saber expert, prove she was powerful and terrible. You have no case.

Lightsnake
Because Bane judged her as his apprentice instead of Githa and declared Githa weak while Zannah would become strong and Bane selected her instead of thousands of other Sith he could've chosen?

Prove she was powerful and terrible? Because that was her future forseen by her telepathic bouncer friend Laa?
Prove she was a saber expert? She was described as a master of the DBL in Galaxies when you get her saber from NK Necrosis and in General Grievous: Lord of War when it's mentioned he had her saber

zephiel7
We see what she's capable of at the edge of ten...she was an experienced DBL wielder...and under his tutelage, we know that she had to have grown much, much stronger

Perhaps, but we have to put the situation into perspective. Luke didn't do jack shit with the force at ages 10-19 yet he ended up as probably THE strongest force user in Star Wars.

Again, the fact that Zannah could blow up Tomcat's hand in Jedi versus Sith speaks well for her (but then again, it IS Tomcat roll eyes (sarcastic) ), but it is hardly the be all and end all when it comes to determining her power as a Sith Lord.

The point is, we don't know enough about her future accomplishments to come to a logical conclusion on her abilities with respect to Malak's. For now I go with Malak based what he has shown in KOTOR and his ranking among the Sith/Jedi in the KOTOR times.

Lightsnake
Luke also didn't grow up honing his force abilities-albeit crudely, whereas he turned to the dark side in pure fury upon seeing his best friend killed...
I was more talking about what she did to Petja. That Zannah was considered more worthy of Malak's apprentice, and what we know she became should be enough to put her at least on par with Malak...and Zannah's future was to be a terrible and powerful Dark Jedi, and she was a master saber fighter

Darth Sexy
Nothing you have stated puts Zannah above Malak.

Lightsnake
And nothing puts her below him either.
i'll take 'handpicked by the strongest Sith in the entire nation and able to kill Jedi at 10', Alex.

Malak has what to his name?

Darth Sexy
And nothing puts her below him either.
i'll take 'handpicked by the strongest Sith in the entire nation and able to kill Jedi at 10', Alex.

Malak has what to his name?

I'll take #2 in an order of tens of thousands of sith/Jedi

Quinlan_Vos
Malak:

- 2nd Most Powerful Sith/Jedi in a martial time of the galaxy
- Controlled a backstabbing Sith Empire and had no rivals
- Mastered the use of the Star Forge
- Masterful lightsaber user (probably used Makashi)
- Powerful user of the Dark Side of the Force

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
1.) Darth Zannah
2.) Uthar Wyn and Yuthura Ban
3.) Darth Maul
4.) Darth Sion
5.) Count Dooku
6.) Darth Traya
7.) Darth Sidious
8.) Darth Nihilus

He has a day's rest between each victim. How far will he progress?

1. I don't know anything about Zannah other than from when she was 10. Although we know she got more powerful, I don't know how much more powerful, and I doubt anyone at age 10 could beat Malak. I don't know the outcome of 1, so:
2. Malak probably makes it after a tough fight.
3. Maul wins. He is fast, strong, he knows teri kasi along with Juyo, and is purely martial. He also resisted force lightning. I see him beating a tired or possibly injured Malak. If Malak is lucky, he makes it to four.
4. Loses, self explanatory.

Quinlan_Vos
Really I thought he would make it to at least Sion or Dooku

Advent
Maul would probably give him a tough fight, but I doubt he'd win with Malak having one day to rest. I don't know how he plans to get past Sion, but if by some chance he does, he definitely loses at Dooku.

superstoner
even if he gets past dookuhysterical traya will be pwning him non-stop

Darth Sexy
As opposed to Zannah, who is an unknown..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.