LOTR or Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phinney6
Which one do you like better? I like SW better cause i like space things and i think the plot is very deep.

BackFire349
to early to say, we have to wait for all the lord of the rings trilogy to come out before comparing.

finti
nothing comes up to the OT, LOTR is cool but cant compete, in my mind that is. But LOTR really rank high though

mah
well SW will always be my favourite trilogy (x2), but the start of the LOTR trilogy is also ace.

Dexx
hmmm, i dunno. The OT kinda looses points to me 'cause of the bad acting of some characters ( Han Solo included ) but gains some points because of the amaizing CGIs at that time....incredible ammount fo work. And there's the new trilogy wich i like so far.
And i think i like LOTR just as much. I've read the books so i don't have to wait for the other movies to state my oppinion. Nice story, nice everything.
I like 'em both so i'll stick to not comparing them

mah
wasnt too much CGI at that time

this is a SW-forum! blasphemy! smile harrison ford was spot-on as han solo

Dexx
for '77? The CGIs were a big deal. I've seen '82 and later movies with worse CGIs.
And Harrison Ford might've been spot on, but his acting realy, realy sucked. The best actors in SW are Samuel and Liam Neeson.

phinney6
I would say that LOTR first movie was better than any other single SW movie, BUT the whole starwars thing (6 videos) was better than LOTR

mechmoggy
Are you crazy! SW ESB is the greatest movie of all time. LOTR was good, but it'll never compare to the books for me. Without doubt the OT are a complete work of art and no other series of films will compare.

Tex
Definately SW

LaurenE147
This is a Star Wars forum. What did you expect?

Dexx
well, i still equaly consider lotr with starwars

ToMacco
Star Wars

Dexx
well....i could say i'm more preoccupied with SW ( thousands of pics and so on...games, etc. ) but i like em both

Corran
You took the words right out of my mouth.

finti
going Meat Loaf on us there Corran. smile

Gundark
Star Wars.

Mujaffa
both cool

Pinky
I guess my vote goes to LOTR.I'm not too attracted to space thingies and i've always enjoyed a nice old fashioned fight with many people(elves,orcs etc)fighting body to body.Plus the elven archers firing on their enemies is simply astonishing!

Dexx
Star Wars has it's shots too...I still like 'em both

Billy The Kid
Star Wars....no doubt

Pinky
STAR WARS GEEKS!!!! big grin

mechmoggy
Whooa there, easy now. You've got to understand that most of us members come from an old SW site.

Your way outnumbered here, just be hopeful Gundy doesn't read that remark or your toast! mad evil face eek!

Pinky
I demand Gundy to close her/his eyes when she gets at my post. wink

Corran
Yes, I thought you'd get it, but I am disappointed you did not post the Lyrics.

Fire
easy one since LOTR was a book first LOTR is the best book I ever read, tho I don't dislike the movie
OT wins it if I compare the movies tho
but LOTR wins from the new SW movies with out a doubt
A) the phantom menace is way not close to LOTR
b) attack of the clones c'mon the movie was something u "had" to see just because it shows some key scenes in the bigger picture but besides that it wasn't any good but some eye-candy

Darth Daft
LOTR so far has a better script than any of the Star Wars movies, in my opinion, although the script was based on books, whereas Star Wars is completely original.
It's a tough choice, but I'm going to stick with my Star Wars loyalty, because its more legendary and epic than LOTR will be, I think.

Dexx
fire has a poin there.....it's one of the things i've been thinking. And i presume ep. III will be the same. But maybe just the key holding is an important part.
And yes, the Lotr script was way better than any star wars.
But i realy like SW too. I'm still sticking with both

J-ROC
I love Lord of the Rings as obviously a completely seperate movie. I like parts from Star Wars better than Lord of the Rings, and I like parts in Lord of the Rings better than Star Wars.

In the prequels of Star Wars there are too many scenes that leave you with an after taste. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Lucas is good at making awesome scenes (Darth Maul vs Jedi, Jango vs Obi-Wan) etc, but he is also very good at making TERRIBLY DUMB LOOKING SCENES!!!! Like the whole SOUND OF MUSIC scene in Attack of the Clones, that was terrible! And the dinner scene, where Padme takes a huge bite out of a CGI'd apple. That jus made the movie look dumb and outta place.

Lord of the Rings is perfect when it comes to scenes and taste. I can't think of a single shot in that movie that left me with a bad taste. Except maybe that retarded DREAM LIKE sequence with the dude from Matrix speaking in elvish. He doesn't look too cool there. Other than that, Lord of the Rings has beautiful looking scenes that aren't ridiculous like some in Attack of the Clones.

I love both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. I've never read a Lord of the Rings book, but the movie kicks ass. In comparison, I'll say Lord of the Rings is a BETTER movie- for so many reasons. But as a favorite movie, Star Wars wins the prize. But Lord of the Rings is right behind it.
cool

Fire
if u liked the movie, and aren't scared of a bit of reading u definatly have to read the book, it's so much better

Julie
Star Wars is definately on the top of my list....but I did enjoy LOTR and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of The Two Towers

HAX
LOTR!!! yea
awesome story and great action

star wars is OK but its not my type...I find it borin

Dexx
I wait for TTT 10 times more that i waited for Aotc. The lotr story is much more complex and well put together should i say. I dunno why i like star wars that much...i just do big grin

mah
well of course the LOTR story is more complex, as its originally a BIG book of an epic tale. SW isnt meant to as complex.

Fire
mah's right
and well why u are waiting for TTT 10 times more then for AOTC is obvious FOTR was just plain simply an awesome movie while
TPM wasn't a great movie so normally u expect that sequels in a triology atleast will follow the line of the original one so...

Dexx
nope..i liked TPm too. I kinda was very enxious to see AOTC but FOTR, although i know what's goin to happen i much more unpacient to see it.

finti
SW is actually a kid movie which LOTR aint

Fire
yea your probably right, tho LOTR is also appealing to childeren, I atleast know 18 8 year olds who loved the movie

finti
they are too young for that movie. jmho

mah
yep. whats the rating in belgium?

finti
those who can read get to see the movie, which will say around one hundred big grin wink

Fire

mah
yikes!

Fire
lol, well I think it's good, only time when movies get rating in belgium is when too much scary stuff or too much sex related stuff is shown.

btw we only have on rating and that's 16+

mah
thats a bit freaky. when some fantasy-themed violence, like in LOTR, occur it gets 11+, and when its real people, depending on how hard the violence is, 16+ or 18+

Fire
lol what a load of crap,
well maybe it'd be better, but most ppl are urging to end the rating as it is now anywayz

btw with ur rating system is it for children when they are going alone or does it also apply when they are accompanied by their parents?

mah
you can go to a 11+ rated with parents when you are 8 or older, to a 16+ rated with parents when you are 13 or older, but on 18+ you have to be 18 or older. I think it works well, and the rating isn't as strict as in USA or the UK.
I think, when you're 16 you can handle pretty much everything, but ratings below that are necessary, you dont want small kids to see the worst violence.

Fire
lol, well we have 18+ aswell but that's to XXX movies only which are almost never shown in cinema's (decent cinema's the ones I go to)
well I've seen ppl takin' their lil' children to go and see saving privat ryan or black hawk down

mah
and that isnt any good

Fire
well I dunno, think ppl should be allowed to see what ever they want to see, if they screw up their life it's their fault

finti
so in other words you say that all ages can see what ever they want too, that sounds responsible

Dexx
i think i've never respected the ratings. Watched whatever i felt like watching.

Fire
finti, I never said that was responsible, and I got no-one to be responsible for except myself so, I think I know which movies I can and can't see (big grin I can see all movies)

finti
well belgian blue not everybody is fit to see whatever they want to see. Kids shall not see movies that are not ment for them to see.
Ratings is good

Fire
finti in my opinion kids can watch any damn movie they want
this isn't a very responsible or healthy idea but I really do not care.
if they ain't fit to see that movie, that's bad luck for them or bad luck for the ppl who get hurt by it, but in my opinion they can see whatever they want
if u disagree with that then that's fine

-one other thing finti would u please stop calling me that, I think it's getting annoying-

mah
thats pretty stupid though, Fire, its the responsibility of the country to protect kids from things that could harm them and isn't suitable for them.

Fire
could be but it ain't my responsibility to protect them, so if u ask me I say quit the rating system.
for the last time I don't care what happens to those children, I only care what happens to me and my friends

Fire
maybe after talkin' to mah, I'll adapt my opinion,
cause he kinda has a point that children aren't responsible for their actions, but parents are responsible for the actions of their children
so instead of canceling it, they should allow kids to see it, if the parents agree that the kids should see it (so if the parents are with the kid when it goes to see the movie)

yerssot
we DO have a 12+ one, but it's hardly used

Fire
I never seen that rating being used

yerssot
lemme search, think Old Gringo had a 12 one

Fire
could be if u say so, but yerss u know how I feel about this whole rating crap

yerssot
no, what?

btw, scanner is not working, that's what you get when you let people on it who can't work with a comp!
if you want I'll take a few videos with me tuesday to show

Fire
what the hell do the vids have to do with anything?

yerssot
that 12+ rating...

hmm, I should check the cables and try to print something... for some reason my dad messes that up constantly!

Fire
okie, anywayz I think I know what a 12+ rating would be
pathetic looking scenes with lot of blood and violence in it prolly
or maybe sex related comments

yerssot
fixed the stupid thing, I really want to put a password on the comp
anywayz
it's +100kb, so I'll sent it through ICQ

Fire
okie?

yerssot
ok, made a little mistake-o
video one, not movie one

Mujaffa
This is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myndon
star wars will always rule

King Jedi
Star Wars. Even "Ewoks-Caravan Of Courage" was better than FotR.

yerssot
hey! the two Ewok cartoons and the Ewok movies were good! wink

King Jedi
That's what I said. cool

Fire
well I'd choose LOTR or FotR above ewoks, but that's my opinion

mah
roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Jedi
It was.

mah
thinks one madman (KJ)

King Jedi
I thought LotR was terrible. There is nothing I like about it. At least the Ewok films were funny.

mah
you're a very sick man stick out tongue

King Jedi
I know. But the Ewok films were funny in a camp 80's kind of way. One of the kids wears a head band like a Jane Fonda fitness video.

ParanoidAndroid
Star Wars. I hate LOTR. It's an overfed, overrated series.

kychesu
well i like both. but i really liked the LOTR movie, so..

BackFire349
lord of the rings was a very well made movie.

Fire
idd backfire

kychesu
what's "idd"?

mah
fires strange abbr. of indeed

Fire
lol thx mah smile

Dexx
'r welcome

kychesu
lol! y'd dexx say yur welcome if fire was saying thanx to mah? ..

Fire
well does it matter, thx for nothing dexx smile

kychesu
hahaha

Fire
yea what ever man smile
yerss his input: "ujhbuihjgufgihu!!!hu!h!jjhuy!j,"

Katinkainga
I just feel like SW is getting played out. I am siding with LOTR!

Julie
ahhh.....not me
I'm definately on the side of star wars!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance

Hypernova
I think I like them both equaly, but differently if that makes sense.

I don't think I can compare them... I am a huge fan of "spacey things" and I just happen to love LOTR too... but the book more so - the movie is excellent though. No doubt about that.

johnnys#1 fan
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the RIngs
Lord of the Rings

SW sucks!!!! stick out tongue

daronisgod
Lord Of The Rings... I've been a fan of the books for years and now I'm a fan of the fims too, its my favourite story but in pictures...

Besides I've never been a star wars fan anyway.

o kiMMii o
well i cant really judge coz i havnt seen any star war movie yet but Lord of the RIngs is 1 of the best trilogys made in film history.....

elromendil

johnnys#1 fan
star wars is gay! lord of the rings actually has good acting!!!!!!!! and is awsome star wars is soooo fake!!!! stick out tongue

billyboyd4ever
i thought the original star wars were ok, but the new ones suck so bad!
lotr on the other hand blew me away w/its greatness (plus the tons of hot actors :lovesmile so lotr is sooo the best!

johnnys#1 fan
yes I totally Agree iwth billyboyd4ever

billyboyd4ever
heheh thank you johnnys#1fan smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.