JMS interview on Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R.O.T. Yahman
Thank Norse God he wont be talking like an extra from Romeo and Juliet.

I'm not sure, there doesn't really seem to much of a revamp, and i would be far more excited about Gaimans interpretation.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=83671

outavodka
///someone elses post from another forum///
Prometheus3

I knew Marvel would drop Thorspeak as soon as I read the preview for Civil War #4. Great now we are going to see Thor use slang and crap. People don't understand that the whole Thorspeak thing is part of who Thor is. Kurt Busiek understood it, Walt Simonson understood it, and Stan Lee understood it. Dropping Thorspeak is like when Spider-Man all of a suddenly was given organic web-shooters, it doesn't make any sense, but makes the current writer happy.
///some elses post from another forum///

marvelprince
That was ridiculous. I never understood myself why a Norse god would talk like Shakespeare, glad thats being addressed. As a god he should speak properly and refined but not like his from the 1600's.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by marvelprince
That was ridiculous. I never understood myself why a Norse god would talk like Shakespeare, glad thats being addressed. As a god he should speak properly and refined but not like his from the 1600's.

Agreed .... I.e. like Darksied, Orion and co. Im glad hes looking to make Thor more like he was during the Walter Simmons era. Im pisseed though, that they haven't gone for a totally New Revamp. Id love to ve hasee more SCi Fi elements introduced rather than regugitaing the same old mystical crap that has always kept Thor a B list seller. Mind you it could work, if they whent the same way as the Trials of Shazam mini is going, E.G. making Thor the first line defense against mystical threats.

Originally posted by marvelprince
I knew Marvel would drop Thorspeak as soon as I read the preview for Civil War #4. Great now we are going to see Thor use slang and crap. People don't understand that the whole Thorspeak thing is part of who Thor is. Kurt Busiek understood it, Walt Simonson understood it, and Stan Lee understood it. Dropping Thorspeak is like when Spider-Man all of a suddenly was given organic web-shooters, it doesn't make any sense, but makes the current writer happy.
///some elses post from another forum

roughrider
If he talks like Hercules at least (who manages to sound grand yet not as formal), that's OK with me.

H. S. 6
Thank God.

Thorspeak was the one main thing that kept me far, far away from that character.

Dinalfos
Haha, I never understood that either.

Validus
Thorspeak was annoying as hell to read. I don't want him speaking modern American english or anything but that had to go.

UniOmni
Yeah...I wish they also addressed why english seems to be the chosen language for most of creation.......

Lucid Lui
I'm looking forward to this. Hope they get a good artist...

MJOILNIR
Im not really pleased at the idea of Donald Blake again.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni
Yeah...I wish they also addressed why english seems to be the chosen language for most of creation.......

Few people know, but it was actually the language spoken b4 the Tower of Babbel (The bible version). Gods Intelligent genetical design has allowed it eventually return to the dominant language on the planet. The same applies to the rest of the universe, where similar Tower of Babel incidents occurred . That or most comics are made in Ammerica, where they apparently try and speak English. stick out tongue

V for Valentine
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Few people know, but it was actually the language spoken b4 the Tower of Babbel (The bible version). Gods Intelligent genetical design has allowed it eventually return to the dominant language on the planet. The same applies to the rest of the universe, where similar Tower of Babel incidents occurred . That or most comics are made in Ammerica, where they apparently try and speak English. stick out tongue

Bad time to make a typo, AMERICA...One M wink

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by V for Valentine
Bad time to make a typo, AMERICA...One M wink

laughing laughing laughing

Bugger !!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Its my language, Its me who decides how it is uesd.

* Calls Oxford, and has the Dictionary comapny change America to Ammerica.*

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
laughing laughing laughing

Bugger !!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Its my language, Its me who decides how it is uesd.

* Calls Oxford, and has the Dictionary comapny change America to Ammerica.*

Ask to change company to comapny aswell stick out tongue stick out tongue

Soujaboy
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Im not really pleased at the idea of Donald Blake again.

no im disappointed

Soujaboy
Originally posted by outavodka
///someone elses post from another forum///
Prometheus3

///some elses post from another forum///

I'm getting the same feeling

Lucid Lui
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays14.html

Superboy Prime
So instead of reading "thou and thy" we're now going to read "My Precious"? The future is dark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.