Friday The 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street Help!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
Hi guys I need your advice on which Friday 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street films are worth watching because there are lot of films in both series and I don`t which ones to buy first.

LaHaine
Here's my opinion, and I'm well-versed in the Friday and Elm St sagas..

Friday the 13th 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are all worth watching.

Nightmare 1, 2, New Nightmare are worth watching.

Wolfie
I think the box sets are worth it.

I'll just rank them because, for the most part, they're both decent series.

ANOES 1, 3, 4, Freddy's Dead, 5, 2, New Nightmare
F13 3, 6, 1, 7, 4, Jason X, 2, 5, 8, Jason Goes to Hell

FvJ is in the middle somewhere in both series.

If you don't want to go for collecting them all, I think you'll be good ending at ANOES 5 (mainly 'cause it ends the storyline brought up by 3&4) and Jason X.

If you do plan on getting the entire collections, go for the box sets. You'll save in the long run.

Going by new Amazon prices....

The entire ANOES series is $45.35. The individual DVDs are $9.98 each so you'll be saving $24.51.

The eight Paramount F13 series is $63.99 (you should find it cheaper in a Best Buy or something, this price is rather high). The individual DVDs are $9.98 each so you'll be saving $15.85. Then there's getting Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X seperately, which are $6.97 each. That makes the entire F13 series $77.93. Hmm... that's not what I paid. JGTH and JX have great prices on Amazon, but you'll probably knock off $20 somewhere else for the 1-8 set.

Then there's FvJ which you'd have to buy seperately as well.

By the way, this is the route I took. I have both box sets, JGTH, JX, and FvJ.

Leathergien
well in my opinion the whole nightmare on elm street series is worth watching.

friday the 13th 3,4,5,6,7 and 8 are worth watching, but 1 and 2 are ok but you have to like watching old horrors to like them.

Wolfie
Please stop posting that picture. Thank you.

Leathergien
why?

Wolfie
It's annoying. People go into a thread with the paperclip icon on it, thinking someone posted a picture that relates to the topic.

Just put it in your signature.

Leathergien
oh ok, im new i didnt know how to do that

Zilverz
I personally feel
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (4) {Direct: Joseph Zito (Missing in Action / Invasion USA)} is the best friday.

You can watch it stand alone, but it is a direct continuation of Friday the 13th 3 { Direct: Steve Miner (New DAY of the DEAD remake)}

Konjammenson
Just buy the first films of both series. Buy them progressively in order after that (if you plan on collecting them all). The first of both are the best.

The Machine
Here's the 411:

Friday The 13th - Parts I - IV only. The rest suck ass.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Parts I and II only. It gets really lame after the first two.

Scarecrow756
Thanks for the help guys so far I have seen Friday The 13th Part 1-3 and Freddy Vs Jason. I currently own Friday The 13th and Freddy Vs Jason.

zizack
My fav Friday the 13th films are 4 "The Final Chapter" and 6 "Jason Lives."

"Jason Goes to hell" was hit and miss for me. Great effects and gore, but Jason doesn't get a lot of face time.

Scarecrow756
My favourite Friday the 13th films are the orginal F13 and F13 Part 3.

Jim Reaper
All the Friday13th IMO... He's got so many great kill methods, I think they're hilarious. I bought the box set, it's worth it.

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
All the Friday13th IMO... He's got so many great kill methods, I think they're hilarious. I bought the box set, it's worth it.

There is no Region 2 boxset yet. sad

slayer
Friday 1-8/NOES 1-4 are the all worth watching.

lisecollazo
the first friday is pretty good the rest kinda suck. for noes the third is the best and the second has absolutly nothing to do with the rest of the series

Deano
all the friday movies are average.

nightmare on elm street is a true classic though

SelphieT
For A Nightmare on Elm Street, only get the first one. The others are VERY lame.

Deano
i liked the 2nd and 3rd installments of noes.

in fact they are all good fun to watch.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Deano
i liked the 2nd and 3rd installments of noes.

in fact they are all good fun to watch. Really? I thought the second was pretty pathetic....

Deano
i liked the 2nd one was because it was still pretty dark and freddy was still a fierce killer, unlike the other sequels. it had alot of cool scenes also.

Wolfie
Originally posted by SelphieT
Really? I thought the second was pretty pathetic....
I think you're pretty pathetic! stick out tongue

I like the whole series, more or less. The second wasn't one of my favorites because it was too different. Same for New Nightmare.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Wolfie
I think you're pretty pathetic! stick out tongue

I like the whole series, more or less. The second wasn't one of my favorites because it was too different. Same for New Nightmare. Pathetic? You hurt my feelings Wolfie..........

vintageSW77

Scarecrow756

Wolfie
I was at Virgin the other day. Pretty expensive DVDs there. Those are amazing prices though.

Also consider Halloween is coming up. This is a time where horror movies go on sale and Wolfie has a field day. smile

SelphieT
Originally posted by Wolfie
I was at Virgin the other day. Pretty expensive DVDs there. Those are amazing prices though.

Also consider Halloween is coming up. This is a time where horror movies go on sale and Wolfie has a field day. smile

I have like, no horror movies, other than The Company of Wolves, which is........kind of horror.

I need to go horror shopping!

well.....I do have the first four seasons of tales from the crypt smile

Deano
music zone have some fantastic offers on dvds. my friend picked up bay of blood for 97p

BroLLy_LsSj
Cool Ones 4-me!

Friday the 13th (1980)

Friday the 13th, Part 2 (1981)

Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)

Friday the 13th, Part V - A New Beginning (1985)
mmmm and the part IV
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare On Elm Street
Cool ones 4-me

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - Freddy's Revenge (1985)

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - Dream Warriors (1987)

A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 - The Dream Master (1988)

A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 - The Dream Child (1989)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Oblivion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wolfie
I have like, no horror movies, other than The Company of Wolves, which is........kind of horror.

That's a good start. smile

I was at Best Buy today, a bunch of horrors were on sale for $11, $9, and $6. There were some pretty decent titles too.

Scarecrow756

I need to also go horror shopping too, the only horror DVDs I have are Friday The 13th, Freddy Vs Jason and the Alien Quardilogy. Does Alien count as horror? confused

vintageSW77

BroLLy_LsSj
Check this out
Omen 1976
Omen-4
Halloween -6 awsome movie
Rose Mary Baby
StayAlive-The history of Elizabeth Bathory
Night Of the Demons-1
And Peter Pan

BroLLy_LsSj
Opsss
sorry wrong message.

LepperFace15
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Hi guys I need your advice on which Friday 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street films are worth watching because there are lot of films in both series and I don`t which ones to buy first.

ANOES- The original Nightmare on Elm Street, Nightmare 3, New Nightmare definetely.

Or just buy the boxed set, I got mine for 30 bucks at Hastings.
It comes with all the movies with an extra bonus features DVD as well as a booklet and 3D glasses.

I don't really care for Friday the 13th.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.