REX's Game - WAR ZONE - The Jedi Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Gundark, LanceWindu, Mah, Julie, Fire & Ushgarak

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

WAR ZONE

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It has been 4 years since the Battle of Naboo, the death of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and the rising of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. The Republic has faced very little trouble since that conflict, but the Jedi never sleep. Going to other planets to help in negotiations, helping fight conflicts, and so on. While Jedi Master Mace Windu says that the Order is not a bunch of soldiers with special talents, it seems like they are sometimes, with all of the blasting and bloodshed that the Jedi have encountered in past 4000 years protecting the Galactic Republic. But, still, if it weren't for the Jedi, the Republic would be in decay and the fair worlds in it's grasp would be without harmony.

Master Serina Kamala (Gundark) and Lance Evenstar (LanceWindu) have just returned from discovering an illegal drug franchise on Zehat. Kakoii Hentai (Mah) has just returned from "agressive negotiations" on Vono'k. Arleth (Ushgarak) and Keirra Andross (Julie) have just returned from a short mission to stop some theives that destroyed a retaurant and knocked over a statue in Monument Plaza. You are all now in the main lobby to the Temple.

Suddenly, you are all confronted by a young boy with sandy-blonde hair and brownish-gray robes. A training lightsaber hangs from his small belt. He appears to be 12 years old. He bows before you, then speaks politely. "I am Tobias Echolone. The Jedi Council wishes for you to come to them for your next assignment." He finishes speaking and motions for you to follow him.

Soon you come to the doors of the Jedi Council's room. An aged man looks up and spots you coming. Tobias turns to you and bows again, and quickly runs back the way he came. "Hello, I see Tobias is eavesdropping again," the man says, looking at the Jedi Hopeful sprint to his quarters. He reaches out his hand and shakes Master Kamala's. "I'm Gilmenor. I suppose your here for your next assignment?"

Gundark
Serina returned Gilmenor's greeting. "Tobias appears to have too much spare time on his hands. Perhaps Master Windu could correct that," she said with a knowing smile.

genral zink
am i in the game

Julie
OOC: I honestly don't know....but it's still early and I'm sure Capt Rex can write you in wink

IC: Keirra grins after the fleeing form of Tobias, she can still remember the carefree days of Temple training. She sighs inwardly and returns her attention to Gilmenor. She simply folds her arms and waits for the explanations and/or instructions that will soon follow.

LanceWindu
OOC: Yes he is Julie. He's a dark-sider though.

IC: Lance turns his attention from Gilmenor to Tobias when Master Kamala was talking about his youthful energy.

mah
Kakoii stands still , awaiting what information they'll get.

Captain REX
Julie, Tobias looks over his shoulder for brief second and returns a bright smile. He then dashes out of sight.

Gilmenor looks at the holodisks on his desk, then slides one into a slot on his desk. He reads the read out on his computer screen. "Ah yes, Vyylosk. There's a bit of a squabble happening there. A Civil War, or so I've heard..." Gilmenor says. He falls silent for a second, then he speaks sadly and quietly. "...and Jedi Master Node Qorsk and my ex-mentor Albok C'xath in died in battle with the Vyylians. The funeral pyre will be held tomorrow, and the Council and I will be attending, so Trorn will be on duty tomorrow."

The doors to the Council room open. Out walks another Jedi cradling a child in his arms. "The council will see you now," he says quietly.

Gundark
Serina knew this was not the time to offer solace to Gilmenor; he would mourn in his own way, as they all would. She entered the council chamber with the others.

Captain REX
You enter the circular room, with twelve Jedi Masters sitting around you, the greatest Jedi of the Order. Yoda and Mace Windu sit side by side, and Ki-Adi-Mundi next to Mace. The rest around the room are Plo Koon, Eeth Koth, Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti, Coleman Trebor, Oppo Rancisis, Depa Billaba, and Even Piell. They all have a somewhat grave face on. Mace Windu has a frown. Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti beckon you to stand in the center of the circle of the Council. The to the room closes.

"Welcome," says Mace. "As you heard from Gilmenor outside, we have had the death of two Jedi and the start of a Civil War on Vyylosk. The Senator, Vel'b'wire, has been absent from all senate meetings for months. We sent four Jedi to investigate; Master Ti, Master Trebor, Master C'xath, and Master Qorsk." Mace looks to Yoda, who nods solemnly. Mace turns to you again, and says "Shaak Ti and Coleman Trebor will give an account of what happened during their mission."

Ushgarak
Arleth listens carefully. A fallen Jedi Master was a tragedy indeed and he wished to know more of how it happened.

Captain REX
Shaak Ti speaks first.

"When we arrived on Vyylosk, we saw that the Vyylians of the Main Crater were creating an army to wipe out the army of the Vyylosk Rebellion. We got close enough to see the Prime Minister and the Senator overseeing the construction of starfighters and battle droids, and creation of armor. They went back inside after we watched for awhile, but then we were caught unawares by a group of battle droids. Jedi Master Node Qorsk was spotted first, and died of multiple blaster wounds to the head and back. We retreated to the Jedi Starfighters with lightsabers ignited. Node Qorsk's starfighter was destroyed by a thermal detonator. Jedi Master Albok C'xath lost his R4 unit to the battle droids. Then we made our escape. A Vyylian starfighter pursued us through a canyon and shot down C'xath with a missile round."

Shaak Ti finishes and Coleman Trebor begins.

"After C'xath was killed, Master Ti and I were forced to take action. I transformed the Jedi Starfighter into the attack mode, as did Master Ti. We destroyed the main body of the ship and the cockpit detached as an escape pod. Shaak Ti disabled the cockpit with a few ion blasts. The cockpit crashed into a canyon wall, and we escaped with our lives. We waited upon a mesa for awhile. When the battle droids stopped patroling, the machinery was pulled into the underground cavers under the Main Crater. The crater bed has a metal surface. We returned for the body of Node Qorsk, and went into the canyon and pulled the remains of Master C'xath from the twisted metals that once formed a fighter."

Shaak Ti and Coleman Trebor sit down in their respective chairs again. Now Master Ki-Adi-Mundi speaks.

"As you heard from Gilmenor, the funeral pyre for the fallen Jedi Masters will be held tomorrow. But, unfortunately, you will not be able to attend. Neither will Master Trebor. The rest of the Council, Gilmenor, the ex-Padawans of Master Qorsk and C'xath, and their ex-mentors that are still alive. You 5 along will be shipped off to Vyylosk with Coleman Trebor leading the way to the Main Crater."

Ki-Adi-Mundi stops and looks to Master Yoda. Yoda nods and Ki-Adi-Mundi sits down. Master Yoda speaks:

"Two Jedi Starfighters we have for you. Use them you can, Master Kamono and Kakoii Hentai. Master Trebor of the Jedi Council and the rest of you will be sent in a Republic cruiser. Leaving tomorrow morning you are. Bring the Prime Minister and Senator to justice you shall."

Mace and Yoda exchange glances. Mace finishes the meeting. "May the Force be with you, always." The rest of the Council, in unison, make a sign that you may leave.

mah
Kakoii bows and follow the others out

Captain REX
You see another Jedi walk by you. He goes to Gilmenor's desk, meets with Gilmenor for a moment, and then enters the Council room.

Gundark
Kamala (not Kamono, Rex !) looked at mah. "Have you ever been to Vyylosk ?"

mah
(kakoii, not mah!)''I have not, so it will be a new experience for me.''

Ushgarak
"I assume this is a Republican world, if Jedi were sent there," says Arleth. "Do we know if the Senate has had anything to say on this war?"

Captain REX
"I can answer that," someone says. Tobias steps from behind a pillar. "Vyylosk is a Republican world, but it has some issues. The Prime Minister has not declared his independence from the Republic, for they are not against the Republic...not yet anyway. The Civil War started about the time that Senator Vel'b'wire disappeared from the Senate meetings. I'm not sure why they killed Master Qorsk and C'xath, but they sure have some explaining to do," Tobias mutters.

Gundark
"We'll be there and back long before this would even begin to get settled in the Senate," Kamala told Arleth. She looked down at the boy. "You seem to have done your homework, young Tobias."

LanceWindu
"Either he is wise beyond his years or he's been snooping again." Lance says.

Captain REX
"Uh...a little of both," he says nervously. You can tell he's lying about that, but at least you have your information. "Do you have any other questions about Vyylosk?" he asks.

Ushgarak
"What sort of people are they there?" asks Arleth. "Are they notable for anything?"

Julie
Keirra wills herself to wait for someone to get to the point. She had never been one for talk....a shortcomming to be sure

Captain REX
"Vyylosk is inhabited mostly by Vyylians, but there's the occassional human group. The Vyylians are good with making machines. Battle droids, ships, computers, and weapons," says Tobias.

Suddenly you see a Jedi Knight walk down the corridor. He walks towards Tobias and calls to him. "Tobias, you missed your practice duel! We had to reappoint it. If you miss this next one you will not be able to duel at all." Tobias looks towards the Jedi then you. "I gotta go," he says. He passes one last glance at Kierra, then dashes off as the Jedi ushers him back to his quarters.

Gundark
"Senator Vel'b'wire's seat has been empty all this time ?" Kamala looked at Arleth. "Odd that the Supreme Chancellor had not requested an investigation some time ago."

Captain REX
"It is odd, isn't it?" says Master Trebor, who has walked up behind you. "He was choosing sides in the Civil War, then decided that he would not take part in it. Then, with the death of the Jedi, he decided he'd aid the people of Vyylosk and not the Senator and Prime Minister."

"We should be leaving soon, let us go to the ships," he says, and walks away.

Ushgarak
"I doubt any problems in the Senate surprise the Chancellor any more," says Arleth. "Well, I'm all ready."

Captain REX
You guys may proceed to the ships. Coleman Trebor is there waiting for you. "Master Serina Kamala and Kakoii Hentai have been assigned to two Jedi Starfighters. The rest of you may board the Cruiser," he says. He then heads up the ramp.

mah
Kakoii gets finished with the preparations and then enters the starfighter.

Julie
OOC: I guess I'm taking the cruiser...unless you tell me diff.
IC: Keirra smiles inwardly thinking about young Tobias. He reminds her a bit of herself at that age...young excited....mischievious...of course now she is much more mature...
She looks up towards the sky, "Thus begins another adventure for the brave Jedi Knights," she intones in a dramatic whisper."

Ushgarak
"Do you always talk to yourself, Keirra?" says Arleth, getting on board.

Julie
Keirra: "Not always, but sometimes I find it necessary to concentrate" She give Arleth a crooked grin.

Captain REX
Coleman Trebor starts up the Cruiser, which is called the Scythesaber.

Julie
keirra: "Here we go..."

Ushgarak
(I hope he flies better than he fights...)

Arleth straps himself in for take-off.

"I was always taught that silence was good for concentration..." he says, but also with a wry smile.

Julie
Keirra: "Silence can be usefulin its place, but I find talking to oneself is an interesting way to reflect upon a situation."

Ushgarak
"Interesting is one way of putting it..."

Julie
Keirra smiles at Arleth. "Isn't it also interesting that people...myself included, often use 'interesting' to describe both good and bad things?"

Ushgarak
"Very... interesting... indeed..." says Arleth. He thinks he is going to enjoy this mission...

Julie
Keirra steps past Arleth and finds a seat in the main passenger area. She quickly straps in...checking to see if her lightsaber is at the ready.

Captain REX
With everyone on board, the ship begins to take off. Soon you are in the air. Serina and Kakoii are at the sides of the ship in their Starfighters.

Julie
Keirra double checks her straps. Next, she unclips her lightsaber and presses a tiny button near the end of the handle. A tiny compartment slips open. Keirra removes a slender necklace from the lightsaber handle.

Captain REX
"What's that you've got there, Keirra?" asks Trebor.

The Scythesaber is now leaving the atmosphere.

Julie
Keirra: "What? Oh, this." She disattaches the necklace and hands the object to Trebor. "This is a necklace that used to belong to my mother. I've been told that there's a history behind it, but to me it's just a small token that reminds me of my family. I keep it in my lightsaber for safe-keeping unless I go on a mission, in which case I wear it"

Captain REX
"That is a smart idea," says Trebor, looking it over in his hand. "A fine piece of jewelry." He hands it back to you and looks at your lightsaber. "It does look a little longer than a normal human or humanoid Jedi's lightsaber."

Julie
Keirra gives Trebor a mischievous smile, "Well, now you know my little secret."

Captain REX
Trebor nods, returning the smile, but then turns to his controls. "Okay, we'll be entering hyperspace...now," he says. He pulls a lever, and the ship is shot into a "tunnel" of streaking stars and blue light.

Julie
Keirra: "At least the entry into hyperspace went smoothly. So far, this mission seems normal enough." This is probably where things go wrong she thinks ruefully to herself.

Captain REX
(Julie, did you read my plot or what??? eek! )

Suddenly, Master Trebor looks uneasy, and then a message starts on the comm. It is somewhat broken up, and it's a recorded message. "This...Adegan 4...private transport...Manu-Ki-Tora...requesting help...ships...area..." the message says. It then repeats itself. Trebor hits a button on his control pannel and a hologram appears next to him. It is a small hologram, like a hologram an R2 unit would project.

It is of a young man, dressed in a battered pilot's suit. The message repeats itself, clearer and more of the message, due to Master Trebor's fiddling with the controls. "This is the ship Adegan 4, a private transport for Manu-Ki-Tora. We are requesting help from ships in the area..."

Captain REX
"Holy Sith!" shouts the hologram unexpectedly. This is a new message from the Adegan 4. The hologram stops talking and begins to cower back. A man in dark robes leaps forward and uses a LIGHTSABER to chop off the poor pilot's head. Then man then turns to the comm on the Adegan 4 and takes a blaster from the dead pilot. He fires at the comm and the message ends.

Coleman Trebor quickly pulls out of hyperspace. "Kakoii, Serina, pull out of hyperspace! We have received a distress message from the Adegan 4."

mah
Kakoii reacts immediately and pulls out of hyperspace. ''What should we do?''

Ushgarak
(Holy Sith???!!!)

"Do we have a trace on that communication?" asks Arleth.

Julie
OOC: (Capt Rex, what are you talking about?)

Ic: Keirra grasps her lightsaber. She stands by the hatch ready to leap off as soon as they dock with the distressed shipThere's not much we can do for that poor guy now, but maybe we can catch his killer.

Captain REX
(Holy Sith is like saying "Holy shit" for the Jedi I think)
(Julie, you said that things would go wrong just before I was gonna make things go wrong!)

Trebor turns to the east (Adegan 4 at 3 o'clock laughing out loud ). The ship is about the size of the Scythesaber, and you can tell it's a private transport. It has 2 turbolasers, which are rapidly firing at...nothing. "They're short-circuited," Trebor says after doing a quick scan of the ship. "We're going to have to board."

Ushgarak
(I don't think that QUITE works, Rex...)

"It's too small too land inside," says Arleth. "Do we have a boarding tube or will we have to shuttle over?"

Julie
OOC: Just good old fashioned jedi instincts wink
IC: Keirra turns to Arleth and smirks at him. "Why don't we just ram them and then cut through the hull with our lightsabers?....though to answer your question I believe that there's a tubethingy we can use."

Ushgarak
"Oh, a TUBEthingy..." says Arleth. "I'm glad you'll be going in with me..."

Julie
Keirra takes a hair tie and quickly sweeps up her hair so that she can flight more easily if it comes to that. "Yes, indeed..." she says in a distracted sort of tone.

Ushgarak
Arleth watches as the ship grows larger as they draw near, with perhaps one eye on Keirra doing up her hair...

Captain REX
(Did I say dock? big grin )

Trebor pulls the ship up next to the Adegan 4. He pushes some buttons and then gets up. "Okay, time to board," he says. He takes his lightsaber from his belt. He goes to the door and uses the control panel. You here a mechanical thing moving, then the door opens with a woosh. He walks over into the Adegan 4 and motions for you to follow.

Julie
Keirra picks up her lightsaber with a flourish. "And now to the real work..."

Captain REX
As you walk on, the first thing you notice is the smell of smoke. The second thing is that the walls are covered in blasted holes. The third: blasters going off.

Trebor silently leads you around a corner in the corridor you walked into, and you see a number of pirates crowded around, blocking hallway. They are all holding some form of weapon: 2 Rodians with disruptor rifles, 3 Rodians with heavy pistols, 1 man in Ubese armor with a repeater, and 2 Weequay with crossbows.

The opossing force, dressed in blue and grey jumpsuits, are diminishing. They are all armed with light weapons, such as pistols and...pistols. A Cerean man, dressed in gray and blue robes, is holding a Gungan shield and a blaster rifle. He shoots one of the Rodians with a disruptor rifle and gets behind his shield as the other Rodian with a disruptor rifle shoots at him. It deflects and a Weequay is hit, and is disintegrated. The Cerean spots you, and beckons for you to help. The man in black and gray Ubese armor turns around and sees you. "Fire at the Jedi!" he says.

mah
(ok, where am I now)

Captain REX
(Mah, you need to take out the turbolaser on top of the Adegan 4)

LanceWindu
Update please.

Captain REX
Lance, your onboard the Adegan 4 with Coleman Trebor, Ush, Julie, and who ever else is on the ship with you.

Julie
Keirra calmly steos forward, "Please, there's no need for a fight here." She ignites her lightsaber, the familar snap-hiss, fills the air. She holds her lightsaber in a defensive position, ready to paray anything sent her way.

Captain REX
The pirates turn to face you, but as soon as that happens, the crew of the ship shoots them from behind. These pirates aren't the brightest of people.

Soon, there are only three pirates left in the hall. A Weequay with a bowcaster, a Rodian with a disruptor rifle, and the man in armor. The man in armor (the armor is like Leia's disguise, only it's black, shades of red, and shades of gray, and he has a cloak) runs into a door in the side of the corridor. The Weequay and the Rodian start for the door, but the Cerean shoots the door panel and the door locks. The Weequay is crushed in the door, and the Rodian bumps into the door.

The Cerean rushes forwards and shoots the Rodian. Master Trebor stabs the Weequay. "Hello there," says the Cerean. "Thank you for coming to our aid. We are being over run by pirates of the worst sort. They are lead by two men with lightsabers and dark robes and armor. Good thing we received some Jedi!" he says thankfully. "My name is Manu-Ki-Tora, and this is my ship."

Julie
Keirra smiles at Manu-Ki-Tora. "Since when were there ever pirates of a 'good sort'?...Nevermind, can you tell me exactly what happened here?"

LanceWindu
"Enough chit-chat. Is everyone forgetting that other pirate or something?"

Ushgarak
"Is there anyone else that needs rescuing?" asks Arleth.

Julie
Keirra glances sideways at Lance, "What other pirate?"

LanceWindu
"That man that was wearing that expensive looking armor."

Captain REX
"There are some people on the bridge that could use some help, if they haven't been hacked up..." Manu-Ki-Tora says. "And I don't think you'll want to go after Aptos. He's...well, not someone you want to mess with."

"These pirates have been after me for quite a long time. I busted one of their raids on the Tun Industries factory. They've been trying to get revenge, because I killed their leader, Morsek. Now they are lead by Aptos Breegal and Hajid Thajkon."

"The pirates are witless dumb asses, but Hajid and Aptos are not to be messed with. I don't know if they were after me or they just found me by accident, but Hajid and Aptos hacked their way onboard and killed most of my men. Hajid is a strong Dark Jedi, a leader of a small group of other Darkies. Aptos is his most loyal follower, and he is almost just as strong."

Suddenly, you see a door open. Aptos walks out, wielding an orange lightsaber. "Time to die, Ki-Tora!" he says with a mighty swing. Manu quickly surprises you with a quick flash, then you see that he has his own lightsaber lit. His saber is yellow.

"Save the men on the bridge! I'll take care of Aptos!" says Manu-Ki-Tora. Coleman Trebor nods as Manu-Ki-Tora takes his fight into the door that Aptos came out of. "We must save those people," says Trebor, then starts for the bridge.

The Adegan 4 is very similar in design to the type of ship you guys took. Except most of the walls are kinda dirty, but they were once gray or white.

Julie
Keirra thinks to herself Somehow I just don't fully trust this Manu-Ti Mora guy. He tells us not to mess with this Dark Jedi and yet here he is pulling a lightsaber of his own out.
She quickly joins the others on their way to the bridge.

Captain REX
Soon you reach the bridge. You guess that the pirates got what they wanted, because there's almost no sign of them. 2 crewmembers have survived the attack, and are firing at the retreating pirates, which are primarily Rodians.

The bridge is a wreck. Blaster holes are everywhere, with the occassional sign of a lightsaber mark. Dead pirates are many, but slain crewmembers are more. Control panels, wall-traps, holocams, and computers have been destroyed. There is even the remains of an R1 and two R2 droids, smashed and scorched with laser blasts.

Suddenly, Manu-Ki-Tora rips around the corner behind you. Aptos makes a wild slash at him, but almost hits you Julie. He makes a slash at Trebor, but he blocks it and scoots back towards Manu-Ki-Tora, who's taken place near the remains of the R1 and R2s.

Aptos is right behind you Julie and Ush, as well as a Rodian and a Trandoshan. The Rodian raises a pistol towards you, and the Trandoshan scoots back a bit.

Julie
OOC: Whose's this Aptos guy??????

Ic: Keirra shouts, "Watch where you're swinging that thing, you're liable to hurt someone." She raises her green lightsaber to a guard position and whirls towards the Rodian. "Put the pistol down! There has been quite enough violence for one day, and I should like to leave you your life. However...it's your move."

Ushgarak
Arleth levels his sabre at Aptos.

"You've lost this round," he says. "Don't throw your life away."

Captain REX
(Julie, Aptos is the guy in the black, gray, and red armor, like Princess Leia's disguise in ROTJ)

Arleth, Aptos gets into what he calls his Strong Stance (think saber-style in Jedi Outcast). Then he speaks:

"Don't give me that crap, Jedi. I've heard it before. So, you wanna fight or do I have to decapitate you?"

Trebor steps up behind you.

-------

Keirra, the Rodian shudders, then drops his blaster and raises his hands, walking towards Trebor and Ki-Tora. The other Rodian is nailed in the head by one of the crewmembers.

Ki-Tora talks to you Julie. "I have some passengers aboard this ship. The pirates have most likely tried to attack them, but the passengers have been told to lock the doors in case of a pirate raid. We must go to them." He motions for you to follow.

Ushgarak
"Brave but futile words," says Arleth. "You are surrounded and defeated."

Captain REX
Aptos looks blankly at you through his helmet, then makes a wild slash at your head.

Ushgarak
(Jeez, isn't that guy surrounded by enemies?)

Arleth steps backwards and keeps his guard high, making Aptos come towards him, trying to leave him vulnerable to Trebor and Manu.

Captain REX
(Actually, it's just you and Trebor facing this guy. Ki-Tora and Julie are headed for the passenger quarters)

Aptos follows you, and swings at your legs. Trebor blocks it, and forces Aptos back into the hallway. He jumps over Trebor and kicks him in the back. A group of Weequay, Rodians, and a Wookiee surround him.

Aptos commands them not to harm him...yet. He makes another slash at your legs.

Captain REX
(Plus, he's a stuborn jack-ass. wink )

Ushgarak
What, Julie is actually going to leave my side in the middle of a fight? I had rather assumed otherwise! Tell me it ain't so, Julie!

Captain REX
"Make your move Jedi!" Aptos calls out. He slashes some more at you.

Julie
OOC: be back soon Ush wink
Ic: Kerria obediently, though reluctantly, withdrawls from the confrontation. She keeps her saber lite anyway, she has very little trust for the ship's captain.

Captain REX
Ush -- Aptos is just about ready to rip your head off, and I'm sure you don't want that.

Julie -- Ki-Tora says "Let's make this quick," and uses Force speed to get to the passenger area quicker. He cuts a Rodian pirate in half during the run.

Ushgarak
Well, I'm not letting him, Rex, I'm stepping back continually; if we have the numbers advantage I am damn well going to use it.

I don't believe you just did that, Julie. Ki-Tora isn't even one of us- you would leave a fellow Jedi's side at a crisis moment? TWO fellow Jedi, in fact, as Trebor appears to be in trouble? The Council will hear of this when we get home. I need you to help me take this guy. I seriously question Ki-Tora's sanity as well, whoever he is.

If I really am being left alone I am going to stay defensive until I get this guy REALLY mad.

Julie
Keirra can almost feel Arleth's cry for help through the force. Sheturns to Ki- tora, "You seem to have things under control here. My friends are in trouble, and I must go to them." With that she turns on her heels and rushes back into the fray. "Let's see if I can even the odd a bit!"

Captain REX
Julie -- "I understand Keirra. I can sense you don't trust a Renegade Jedi Master. Go help your friend! I'll take care of the pirates," says Ki-Tora. He dashes down the corridor, cutting down another pirate. He seems to understand your want to help Arleth and Trebor, but for some reason he has a hurt look on his face. You think it could be that no Jedi he's met trusts him, being that he's a Renegade.

Ush -- Aptos is now pushing you back towards the front of the bridge. It has a catwalk like on Darth Vader's Executor. The pits where the crew would have been working is billowing smoke. You are walking down the catwalk.

Julie
"Be back as soon as I can!" Keirra shoots over her shoulder as she flees down the corridor. Hang in there Arleth!

Captain REX
Julie -- A Rodian with a disruptor rifle stands at the end of the hallway. His rifle is charged and ready to fire.

Ush -- "Come on Jedi!" he says. He then tries to use Force Grip on you. He looks and sounds like an over-confident minion, but he is stronger than he looks.

Julie
Keirra raises her lightsaber to deflect any shots. "Stop!" She reaches out with her left hand, trying to use the force to give the thug a small push....

Captain REX
Julie -- Rodians are very flimsy, and the pirate falls backwards a little. But not before firing off a shot, which disintegrates a Weequay that was coming up behind you with a vibro-axe.

Ush -- Aptos' grip begins to get tight around your neck.

Ushgarak
Then cut the idot's head off! If he's messing around trying to choke me I'm getting past what passes for his guard...

Captain REX
Aptos' grip lessens when he sees the Rodian conquered by Keirra. He seems to be trying to make up his mind whether to kill you or kill Keirra.

Julie
OOC: nice now I'm about to be choked too roll eyes (sarcastic)
IC: Keirra thinks to herself Thank the stars for lousy shots!. "Don't look at me like that!" she tosses at Aptos. "Arleth, you ok? Hey, no force choking that's not nice!"

Captain REX
Aptos just looks at you Keirra. Then he curses and runs away. He obviously can't handle two Jedi.

The moment he turns away the Force grip is released.

Ushgarak
Chase him! As fast as I can.

"You with me, Keirra?"

Captain REX
Aptos is making his way down the hallway. After him man!

He's pushing people asside. Mostly captive pirates that have lost to the crewmembers.

Ushgarak
I am making for his exposed back; he is either going to have to stop and defend himself or die...

Captain REX
Aptos turns, in the process killing a crewmember with his lightsaber. Then he darts into through an open door. He's now in the engine room. Very few pirates there, but lots of mechanical machinery.

Julie
"Yeah, right behind you!" Keirra takes part in the mad chase. She sends an impulse to crew members far up the corridor to turn the other way, this slows her down a few steps.

Fire
-okie rex sorry, a pm to tell me I was in would be nice care to tell me where I am so I can start playing-

Julie
This is a bad day to be a crew member on this ship! Keirra thinks fleetingly as she runs pell mell down the corridor after Aptos and Arleth.

Captain REX
(I'm sorry Fire, I forgot!)

Matrix is a Jedi Knight of the Republic like the rest of you. He is returning to Coruscant after a well-done mission. He was in the company of Manu-Ki-Tora when the ship was attacked. He was forced into his cabin by the pirates, which then locked. He is currently still in his quarters.

(You can play now Fire! Sorry 'bout the delay smile )

When you, Arleth and Keirra, enter the engine room, you smell a little smoke, combined with oil, burnt flesh, and grease. A crewmember sits against a control panel, grabbing his left arm. A beheaded crewmember sits next to him. The crewmember with the injured arm points up to a walkway and says "He went up there!", then faints.

Julie
Keirra thinks about stopping to help the poor crewman but realizes that it would be a futile gesture at the moment. I hope he doesn't die in the next few minutes.
"Oh good, he went higher," she says sarcastically. "Why do they always run?" She cautiously approaches the ladder.

Ushgarak
"He's taking us to where he wants to go," says Arleth. "Be careful, Keirra."

Julie
"Ugh, do I really want to go up there?" Keirra turns to Arleth. "Is there another ladder around here or do we have to take this one?...wait I have a better idea....why don't you go on that side" She points further down the catwalk....she stops to gather the force around her, and gets ready to jump.

Captain REX
A crewmember falls off of the walkway, and he's been gutted with a saber. Aptos is pretty ruthless with innocent men.

Fire
"hmm, I need to find a way to get out of here, I've been here way too long already. Maybe I can fry the door controles, if that doesn't work I can still use my sabre"

Captain REX
(You can just cut your way through the door with your saber)

Captain REX
Also in your room is a frightened Abyssin and a turqoise R4 unit. The Abyssin is armed with a small blaster and will willingly help you. You might have to convince the R4 to follow you, because it will likely go to Ki-Tora, it's owner.

Julie
Keirra turns off her lightsaber and then thinks better of it. "Maybe I should keep it on" she notes.
OOC: BTW how high up is this catwalk???

Fire
(the droid and the other guy can stay in the room)
"I can not garantee your safety sir, so I think it is best u stay put"
I start cutting my way through the door and step through it

Julie
OOc: Can I just jump onto the catwalk using the force...like Obi-wan did in TPM?

Captain REX
(Sorry 'bout the wait)

Fire -- The Abyssin obviously does not like to be left behind. He steps out of the door with you.

Julie & Ush -- The catwalk isn't very high. You could go ahead and leap there if you like. I advise that you keep that saber on.

Fire
"I'm not responsible for you nor can I protect you, so it'd be best if u'd stay behind, but if u want to come fine, just don't slow me down" I go to the left is possible else it's the right

Captain REX
Left is the direction of the engine room, where Keirra and Arleth are. To the right is the rest of the passenger quarters, in which Manu-Ki-Tora is helping passengers.

The Abyssin grunts that his name is Reno, then follows you. The R4 unit goes off to the right.

Fire
-/me thinks: real think this is a bad idea-

I go of the left

Captain REX
Soon you encounter a fire-fight, blasters flaming. The crewmembers are few, but they're just enough to hold off the pirates.

Julie
Keirra double checks the lock on her lightsaber and then gathers the force once again. She makes up her mind and makes the leap onto the low catwalk...all the time fervently hoping that Arleth will soon follow

Captain REX
As soon as you leap, another crewman hits the floor. You land on the catwalk. No sign of Aptos, but you can sense him.

Fire
-could I get a discreption of the room????-

Ushgarak
Yes, that would be handy, please.

Captain REX
Fire -- Your in just a normal hallway. Looks like the one aboard the blockade runner in ANH. Lots of "bullet" holes, and some fried crewmen and droids.

Captain REX
Ush & Julie -- The room is rather massive. The low walkway has two miniature staircases: one that leads to the hyperdrive room and the one that leads to the central walkway. There are four large engines with massive pipes, computer terminals, and wires coming out of all sides. It also has a lot of open parts where you might fall into and be diced by a cooling fan or crushed by turbines. If you enter a duel, it's best to stay on the walkways, because the pipes and wires are in the way. There are 4 astromech droids stationed next to each engine in case they need to assist in repairing.

There is a large "tower" in the center, which is a power generator.

There are ladders leading up onto each of the 4 low walkways (like the one you are currently on). A small lift leads to the central walkway.

Fire

Captain REX
Two of the pirates are knocked against the wall and conk their heads. The rest struggle to get up with the hail of blaster fire. Reno shoots a pirate that was aiming at you.

There are approx. 20 pirates, 2 of which are unconcious, and 1 with a nice saber-mark through his voice box.

Ushgarak
Right, I'll follow Julie. Can I get a better sense of where Aptos is?

Captain REX
A little...not really though. It's also somewhat hard to see with billows of smokw coming from the hyperdrive room and a pile of droid parts and crewmen that the pirates destroyed. Pretty savage aren't they?

The smoke shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Julie
Keirra eyes the smoke and thinks to herself....this would be the perfect time for something awful to happen. She shoves the dismal thoughts from her mind and "feels" with the force for Aptos or Arleth. Lightsaber in hand, Keirra pivots slowly on the catwalk. She takes a few cautious steps to her right.

Fire
well I rush forward towards the other pirats, using my sabre to deflect the blaster shots (OOC: can I jump or is it too low?) as I am making my way towards the first pirat, I do a fake left step, then I quickly turn right around my axe and cut his throat with my sabre

Julie
Keirra commenses a visual sweep of the room....

Captain REX
Fire -- A little low to jump, but the pirates are confused now. Since you are in a crowd of pirates, you take out more pirates. Reno covers your back with his blaster.

Captain REX
Julie & Ush -- It seems almost as if Aptos has disappeared, but you can still sense his presence. He seems to be near the power generator on the central walkway.

Suddenly...BOOM! You see the power generator begin to explode, and the power goes out. You hear the humming of the generator and engine go out.

Fire -- The lights in the hallway flicker and go out. The only light is supplied by your lightsaber and the laser blasts.

The Adegan IV is now a crippled ship.

Ushgarak
Do we have gravity?

Julie
"Great" Keirra thinks to herself. "Arleth, are you there?" she whispers somewhat anxiously. She tries to project her voice so that Aptos can't get e fix on her position.

Fire
I drop to the floor, and disengage my sabre, I keep crawling till I hit the wall
"hmm this is not good, I'd better find some way to get out of this place": I think

I'd better find a door
so I look for a door and see if it still opens
OOCembarrasmentr do those need power too? if so I continue, to crawl towards the pirats assuming my eyes have adjusted a bit to the dark

Captain REX
The gravity generator seems to still be running.

The doors do need power to open. You can cut through them, and most are already open.

The pirates are now very confused. They begin to retreat for fear of death from those hiding in the dark, like Matrix.

Still no sign of Aptos.

Fire
'okie this is more like it'
I get up, ignite my sabre to have a bit of light and start slowly walking, against a wall for extra cover

Julie
Keirra begins to search the catwalk...somehow she feels that Aptos is near....yet not on the catwalk...

Captain REX
Aptos isn't on that catwalk, but on the same level.

Ushgarak
"Keirra, turn off your sabre." I'll do the same.

I bet Aptos hasn't turned HIS off, so we will hear him...

Julie
Keirra thinks Arleth may be losing his mind, but she agrees and turns off her lightsaber....she keeps her finger on the "on" switch. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Captain REX
Ush has the right idea. After you switch of your sabers, you hear a slight
clang on the central platform. Then another. You also hear a saber switch off.

Fire
-rex what about me??-

Julie
"Ok now what, Arleth," Keirra mutters. She shifts her weight to get a better sense of balance on the catwalk. "Aptos is around here somewhere...but where?" she askes herself.

Captain REX
Fire-- The pirates seem to be leaving, but you feel that somethings not right. A pirate leader is shouting orders, something about "explosives."

Ush & Julie-- You hear two men talking; one voice is Aptos, the other deep and forboding. "Aptos, there is no time for foolish bouts with the Jedi. They are planting the explosives right now, and we need to get to Vyylosk. Let's go!" orders the deep voice. "Yes, alright...Just a second..."

Aptos tosses a few glop grenades at you, then leaps down to leave the room. A man in a dark cloak jumps down after him.

Fire
oops this could end badly,
occ: can I use force speed or not?
if so I use force speed to run forward. if it ain't I run back as long as I can

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>