Upcoming Juggernaut arc in New Excalibur...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8351

Thank you Frank Tieri. big grin

Validus
I prefer JuggerNOT to Huggernaut.

Accel
I prefer Jobbernaut. Just rolls right off the tongue...

Draco69
Colossus is back. There's no need for Jobbernaut anymore.

Although I liked Juggernaut as a human being instead of an ass who just destroyed things for no reason...

MJOILNIR
Id really like to see him return to his old powerset. Being a villian I couldent care less as long as he's not the pussy he has been portrayed as of late.

Lucid Lui
He'll still be a good guy at the end of the arc. Tieri's just filling in for Claremont so i don't think he'd make such a big change as to make Juggs a bad guy again.

i'd rather Tieri stayed on the book.

Endless Mike
So I guess Doctor Strange is evil too?

juggernaut66666
Just read New Excalibur 11 Juggs isn't back to normal sad

marvelprince
Sweet news. Its not that I don't like Juggs as a good guy, I just think the transition was too easy. I want to know more about his past and have him really try to redeem himself, possibly even fail.

R.O.T. Yahman
IMO hes the most lazzy character ever created, with the exception of horse face Thor. This pretty much illustartrates what i mean :

'instead of an ass who just destroyed things for no reason...'

Doc Potato
Juggernaut was basically The Hulk minus back-story and evil. Now I prefer him, honestly...

DigiMark007
...sweet!

cool

newjak86
I'm not gonna lie this has me hooked right now after reading that.

I mean it seems as if we're finally going to get to the core of what Juggernaut was and who he is.

Plus the fact he is refering to Onslaught and saying that there was a reason why Jugernaut was first has me really pondering what is going to happen.

roughrider
^Love the signature. wink

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8351

Thank you Frank Tieri. big grin

Cant Wait yes

long pig
Originally posted by Endless Mike
So I guess Doctor Strange is evil too?
I thought the same thing. There's never been a single time that Cyttorak was considered "evil", he's always been neutral and self serving.

Originally posted by newjak86
I'm not gonna lie this has me hooked right now after reading that.

I mean it seems as if we're finally going to get to the core of what Juggernaut was and who he is.

Plus the fact he is refering to Onslaught and saying that there was a reason why Jugernaut was first has me really pondering what is going to happen.
Yeah, it sounds like he's going to start kicking ass again. Possibly going through a whole issue without crying! Can you believe it?!

newjak86
Originally posted by long pig
I thought the same thing. There's never been a single time that Cyttorak was considered "evil", he's always been neutral and self serving.

Yeah, it sounds like he's going to start kicking ass again. Possibly going through a whole issue without crying! Can you believe it?! It a dream come true big grin

ankur29
i actually like juggernaut bein good right now , if he changes and returns back to normal power i think he should remain a hero or be an anti hero like venom or black adam i did not like him being a villain and having reasons to being beaten by lesser opponents

The Pict
If Juggernaut returns to full power he should take out someone really big.

ankur29
i want him to smack around sasquatch , thier last fight juggernaut was depowered i want to see his strength difference

The Pict
Yeah it be cool to see him give a strong character a whooping. Or even a whole team!

snoopdogg

Soujaboy

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Finally!!!

When is it's release date? It's in the December previews. So sometime in December.

Should be awesome.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg
It's in the December previews. So sometime in December.

Should be awesome.

Man, thats a long time. sad

Oh well, I can't wait.

snoopdogg
It's not for official yet that Juggy will get his power back. But something is gonna happen that's for sure.

The Pict
That news is incentive to get a new job, I haven't had any new comics in like 3 weeks.

long pig
Sounds like they are trying to make a connection with Jug's power and his earlier evil deeds. Like, the gem made him do evil and if he gets it back, he'll eventually go back to being a bad guy.

Sounds fine, it could work out even if he's a good guy. Sort of like Wolverine's inner demons of bloodlust that he can't always control...Jug would have the same conflict but he'd have even bigger demons to control.

I like it a lot.

ExodusCloak
Here's the cover....

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/covers/previews/2006/December/newexcalibur14.jpg

wolvertooth
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Here's the cover....

wow! thats great... i would really like juggernaut to get back to his old powers again, and then kick some major ass , but it shouldnt make him an ass, he can still be a good guy but i think that he doesnt fit all that team thing, i think that juggernaut should be solo without any team , just solo like he used to be , i like him much more when he is bad and kick ass , not when he is good and get his ass kicked by a freakin dragon

wolvertooth

newjak86
I am so excited about this now.

It sounds as if they are finally going to handle Cain the right way

ExodusCloak
Are those swords on his back? A Juggernaut with swords...don't know how I feel about that...

Soleran
Maybe he'll pick up one of the other powers from the previous Avatars hence the swords.

ankur29
juggernaut back to full power as an antihero ie black adam = ownage

especially some sasqautch ownage woudl go nicely!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pict
I really hope he doesn't get repowerd then just go on like he has, in Excalibur for example. When he gains his old powers I'd like to see him plow through some heavy hitters. I'm not sure who, but just to show he's his old bad ass self

ankur29
i dont want him to be bad or a goody goody like supes , he should be like hulk , just smash the other bad guys at full power

Soujaboy
I am so excited about this now.

It sounds as if they are finally going to handle Cain the right way

I agree, I cannot wait for this to come out.

newjak86
Are those swords on his back? A Juggernaut with swords...don't know how I feel about that... I think that may be a like a flash back to a previous Juggernaut remember the Ruby was found in Korea so it is plausible that the Gem had traveled throughout Asia along with Japan.

As for what happens to him afterwards it is really hard to say.

I do think he should go back to the team for awhile and depending on how the story goes have him leave the team either for their safety from him and Cain going on a kind of pilgrimage to discover which person he is supposed to be.

ExodusCloak
I think that may be a like a flash back to a previous Juggernaut remember the Ruby was found in Korea so it is plausible that the Gem had traveled throughout Asia along with Japan.

As for what happens to him afterwards it is really hard to say.

I do think he should go back to the team for awhile and depending on how the story goes have him leave the team either for their safety from him and Cain going on a kind of pilgrimage to discover which person he is supposed to be.

Good point...I wonder if Cyttorak will make an appearance...things look very interesting for Cain...

UniOmni
I hope the first person he smashes is Robert Reynolds...

long pig
Good point...I wonder if Cyttorak will make an appearance...things look very interesting for Cain...
I think that IS Cyttorak behind Jugs in this picture.

I'm perfectly fine with Jugs having a weapon as long as it's mystical in nature.

Cain could be maybe the greatest "kick-your-favorite-hero's-ass-and-laugh-about-it" character ever made. This guy's track record is friggin' amazing.

Pleeeassseeeeeee write him correctly, marvel. Plllllllleeeeeeeeaasseeeee!

ExodusCloak
Okay so this is actually getting pretty interesting...when Cytorrak says "You were not my first choice anyway" it was kind of obvious that Xavier was meant to be his first Juggernaut.
That's quite the blow to Cains self-esteem.

Here's the scene..if anyone wants to see it...

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1082/newexcalibur1416ch1.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/541/newexcalibur1423ae0.jpg

Rewmac
Yes, because in that state if Xavier would become the Juggernaut the mental attacks would not work on him. And he would be bald and could have a cool leather coat and be tough...

Newjak
This actually quite in interesting book if you ask me. I think it did a good job of laying the ground work for a real big epic power driving issue.

Cain wants his power back and right now Cy's playing on Cain's biggest and oldest fear the one that actually made him such a good little power wielder from the begining.

I could see the next issue being Cyttorak slowly breaking down Cain showing him what he was before Cyttorak and what he has become without him. It could be really cool so there is atill alot of potenial left

long pig
I see plenty of potential left. I enjoyed the fact that Cyttorak makes your thoughts come out unfiltered, that's a neat little addition. I like that he wants his power back, too.

What I don't like is the obvious set up for the fricken let's-have-jug-prove-he's-a-hero-by-getting-the-gem-then-getting-rid-of-it-just-to-prove-a-point.

Think about it, everyone in the team and around the team thinks he's evil, what way would best prove them wrong? Of course! Have him give up his greatest desire and then they'd trust and respect him!

BAH!!!!!!!!!!!

If that happens, the only thing that would keep me from going on a city wide killing spree would be if there were a new Juggernaut. Preferably someone we know.

In fact, all ye Jug fans, pitch in some ideas on who (the person has to fit the storyline....so nobody say wolverine, dammit) you think would get it.

bigbran
I think that IS Cyttorak behind Jugs in this picture.

I'm perfectly fine with Jugs having a weapon as long as it's mystical in nature.

Cain could be maybe the greatest "kick-your-favorite-hero's-ass-and-laugh-about-it" character ever made. This guy's track record is friggin' amazing.

Pleeeassseeeeeee write him correctly, marvel. Plllllllleeeeeeeeaasseeeee! No, that was the ninja Juggs, that Cy wanted him to fight.

EDIT, oh ya, this was before the book came out, nevermind.

Martian_mind
Maybe at the end of this cytorrak will escape his dimension via the Gem and he will come into our dimension with the powers of the classic juggernaut.

Newjak
I see plenty of potential left. I enjoyed the fact that Cyttorak makes your thoughts come out unfiltered, that's a neat little addition. I like that he wants his power back, too.

What I don't like is the obvious set up for the fricken let's-have-jug-prove-he's-a-hero-by-getting-the-gem-then-getting-rid-of-it-just-to-prove-a-point.

Think about it, everyone in the team and around the team thinks he's evil, what way would best prove them wrong? Of course! Have him give up his greatest desire and then they'd trust and respect him!

BAH!!!!!!!!!!!

If that happens, the only thing that would keep me from going on a city wide killing spree would be if there were a new Juggernaut. Preferably someone we know.

In fact, all ye Jug fans, pitch in some ideas on who (the person has to fit the storyline....so nobody say wolverine, dammit) you think would get it. I agree that isn't what I want to see at least not before some epic destruction just so people remember what Classic Juggs was all about.

What I want to see is he if he does do the whole give the gem up to prove he is good have something really bad happen to wake him up after a grueling inner battle with Cy at least then it could kind of be original

MightyEInherjar
is there any scans posted of that issue other than those two?

Newjak
Yeah it is a few posts from the top

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=431989&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Maestro
I don't read excalibur but is there anyone on the team whose treated like a nobody and hungers for power apart from cain, because they would sound pretty vulnerable to the gems power.

long pig
Dude, honestly? Excalibur is a whole self contained world of suck. Other than Jugs, that whole crew is shite.

I don't want any of 'em to get the gem. In fact, I want to see them killed.

Newjak
Thats what I'm hoping that Juggernaut gets his power and goes on a rampage through Excalibur and eventually getting to meet up with the Wrecking Crew

Ptr_Grifin
I think Cain realizing that Xavier was supposed to get the power is going to reawaken his inner hatred for him. Cyttorak is just pushing Cain closer and closer to the edge.

I am really hoping he gets his power back. It would be in time for the upcoming world war Hulk event. Other than him getting all of his powers back, I could care less if he goes bad or stays good. I just want that and to see him in comics often, as he is now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.