Which will last longer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trolly_crouchjr
Pokemon or One piece?
All my little friends wanna know

Blue Dragon
Pokemon of course! It's been going for years!

calvs
Hopefully they both die soon..

InnerRise
Pokemon.

is it comprehensible.....

Darth Macabre
Pokemon really has no reason that it would die other then the company not producing any more shows...After all, it literally could go on for ever, being that there really isn't a "point" to it. I mean it's upto 450 episodes.

Kayne Archeron
Pokemon

cuz nobody likes pinnochio pirates

Coleman Trebor
I agree, I hate one piece...

InnerRise
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Pokemon really has no reason that it would die other then the company not producing any more shows...After all, it literally could go on for ever, being that there really isn't a "point" to it. I mean it's upto 450 episodes. Have you seen their latest pokemon shows.

Pokemon Dungeon something and Pokemon Battle Frontier.

There's something about the Dungeon one, which they're coming out with a game as well for, that looks as if they didn't do as well as they could of. It's as if they threw something out there just to put it out there without a lot of effort. I see this in the animation, the storyline and the voices.

It just doesn't feel like it came from the same grain as the original Pokemon.

And in Battle Frontier, it has the same problem. Not to mention that most of the main casts voices are different, which I hate and I find sad. Everybody is moving on and it's not up to Par anymore.

Darth Macabre
The new voices are bad because they're TRYING to be like the old ones...If they just did a new voice altogether I don't think it'd be as bad.

But the Team Go Getters out of the gate special wasn't that good...I would have been fine if I didn't even see it.

InnerRise
The new voices are bad because they're TRYING to be like the old ones...If they just did a new voice altogether I don't think it'd be as bad.

But the Team Go Getters out of the gate special wasn't that good...I would have been fine if I didn't even see it.

"Out of the Gate Special"?????

No it wasn't that good at all. It completely rushed things and the main character wasn't very "main" at all.

Among many other things I disliked about it.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by InnerRise
Have you seen their latest pokemon shows.

Pokemon Dungeon something and Pokemon Battle Frontier.

There's something about the Dungeon one, which they're coming out with a game as well for, that looks as if they didn't do as well as they could of. It's as if they threw something out there just to put it out there without a lot of effort. I see this in the animation, the storyline and the voices.

It just doesn't feel like it came from the same grain as the original Pokemon.

And in Battle Frontier, it has the same problem. Not to mention that most of the main casts voices are different, which I hate and I find sad. Everybody is moving on and it's not up to Par anymore.

I haven't seen them, but the Frontier is familar to me. I didn't think it would be called Battle Frontier, but I remember seeing an episode where Ash is told about the Frontier. He challenges one of the Elite Four in the Viridian Gym then wants to collect the Froutiers.

They're like badges but you must get seven to find the whereabouts of the eigth. Never heard of Pokemon Dungeon though, what's that? confused

justjakk
they are trying too much. the story started off bareable enough, but soon started to drag. with the editing of the first stories and renaming pokemon, cause a scheme drift. adding new characters and taking away good ones, made the storyline fade to nothing more than a "Barney and friends" vs "Dgimon". This new story about "Team Go Getters" is a very confusing concept because they did not intoduce the main character as a boy befor they had his pokemon counterpart freakout. this searies has got to do something special to hold its viewers. Then, of course, we have Battle Frontier coming out. will Ash ever get to the conclusion? i mean, kiss MIsty (or something along those lines) evolve pikachu, get a couple more pokemon and walk off into the sunset while the illustrator says something like " and now Ash and friends walk off to newer and bolder adventures, showing all how vast the world of pokemon really is." then close the show. its run itself into the ground because they havent made a cuttoff point. sad no

InnerRise
Originally posted by justjakk
they are trying too much. the story started off bareable enough, but soon started to drag. with the editing of the first stories and renaming pokemon, cause a scheme drift. adding new characters and taking away good ones, made the storyline fade to nothing more than a "Barney and friends" vs "Dgimon". This new story about "Team Go Getters" is a very confusing concept because they did not intoduce the main character as a boy befor they had his pokemon counterpart freakout. this searies has got to do something special to hold its viewers. Then, of course, we have Battle Frontier coming out. will Ash ever get to the conclusion? i mean, kiss MIsty (or something along those lines) evolve pikachu, get a couple more pokemon and walk off into the sunset while the illustrator says something like " and now Ash and friends walk off to newer and bolder adventures, showing all how vast the world of pokemon really is." then close the show. its run itself into the ground because they havent made a cuttoff point. sad no Kind of confusing and jumbled together.

And if they made a cutoff point then the show wouldn't be going on anymore, so how would the show be able to keep going and in a "good way" in your opinion by making a cutoff point...........it wouldn't because it would be over.

Whatever the he!! a "cutoff point" is anyway. I hate your post, too wordy and the whole "cutoff point" doesn't make any sense as well.

trolly_crouchjr
Ash and may or Misty and Ash
Im wondering if the old characters that ash promised to fight will ever return...

calvs
Originally posted by InnerRise
Kind of confusing and jumbled together.

And if they made a cutoff point then the show wouldn't be going on anymore, so how would the show be able to keep going and in a "good way" in your opinion by making a cutoff point...........it wouldn't because it would be over.

Whatever the he!! a "cutoff point" is anyway. I hate your post, too wordy and the whole "cutoff point" doesn't make any sense as well.

Why are you commenting on what you think of his post? That's pretty weird..

Anyway, They should sum up every Pokemon series with one movie.

justjakk
Originally posted by calvs
Why are you commenting on what you think of his post? That's pretty weird..

Anyway, They should sum up every Pokemon series with one movie.

basically my point. glad you said it better than i could. they should finally end the story of pokemon. "how would that make it better?" it would simply kill a dying horse. shot it allready. i used to love the show and even played the game and collected all the main badges. the series kept going. i wanted to collect the new 100 pokemon too, but then they added more. why? it was good as was.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by justjakk
they are trying too much. the story started off bareable enough, but soon started to drag. with the editing of the first stories and renaming pokemon, cause a scheme drift. adding new characters and taking away good ones, made the storyline fade to nothing more than a "Barney and friends" vs "Dgimon". This new story about "Team Go Getters" is a very confusing concept because they did not intoduce the main character as a boy befor they had his pokemon counterpart freakout. this searies has got to do something special to hold its viewers. Then, of course, we have Battle Frontier coming out. will Ash ever get to the conclusion? i mean, kiss MIsty (or something along those lines) evolve pikachu, get a couple more pokemon and walk off into the sunset while the illustrator says something like " and now Ash and friends walk off to newer and bolder adventures, showing all how vast the world of pokemon really is." then close the show. its run itself into the ground because they havent made a cuttoff point. sad no
1. What do you mean started bareable enough & then started to drag?

2. Adding characters is always nice, depending who. If it's people Ash/Misty/Brock battles as rivals, then yeah, they're good. But if it's people like May & Max, no way!

3. Don't like the idea of new Teams though, Team Rocket are the guys! yes

4. How can you compare Pokemon to Barney!?

5. I really want them to get along, but I think that'd happen at the end of the whole series of Pokemon. They make such a cute couple...I saw a picture on the interent where they both looking at the sunset & Ash starts to cry. I dunno if this is the moment...

Emma718
but didn't Misty leave? i know that she came back for an episode but is she back or something?

I rememember back in the day when it came out, Pokemon was good back then. I try to watch it now but i just can't get into it the same. It has changed.. sad

JacopeX
4Kids screwed up one piece

Pokemon hasnt been screwed up that much, so pokemon is most likely to survive through in america.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Emma718
but didn't Misty leave? i know that she came back for an episode but is she back or something?

I rememember back in the day when it came out, Pokemon was good back then. I try to watch it now but i just can't get into it the same. It has changed.. sad

Yeah but she comes back to Ash whenever he drops by Pallet Town.

InnerRise
I like how you said, "but she comes back to Ash whenever....".

It makes her sound less humane to me for some reason.

justjakk
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
1. What do you mean started bareable enough & then started to drag?

2. Adding characters is always nice, depending who. If it's people Ash/Misty/Brock battles as rivals, then yeah, they're good. But if it's people like May & Max, no way!

3. Don't like the idea of new Teams though, Team Rocket are the guys! yes

4. How can you compare Pokemon to Barney!?

5. I really want them to get along, but I think that'd happen at the end of the whole series of Pokemon. They make such a cute couple...I saw a picture on the interent where they both looking at the sunset & Ash starts to cry. I dunno if this is the moment...

1. yes, it started to drag. when an entire episode is about Ash looking for food and then he runs into Team Rocket and pikachu shocks them. it drags.

2. thats what i meant by it. they started putting in new people that made the story dumb, thus made it drag.

I didnt say i dont like the idea of new teams. I said i didnt get the idea of Team Go Getters. you know the new Mystery Dungeon series. dude turns into a pokemon and joins a pokemon rescue team. leaves a bit that needs to be explained.

4. easy, its all turned into a big Barney and friends. there used to be very kool battles and explosions that would keep the story interesting. if i have to say "drag" again, i might get angry at myself. but all this wandering around leads to nothing but boredom.

5. yeah, if they had a story where they at least kissed or something, that would be worth all the boring episodes. this May chick only makes things confusing. they need to lose her in a typhoon or a volcano.

Blue Dragon
Yeah but she comes back to Ash whenever he drops by Pallet Town.
I saw that episode, but then what? It hasn't showed it yet. Misty has an Azurill.

Darth Macabre
I saw that episode, but then what? It hasn't showed it yet. Misty has an Azurill.

She leaves, Max and Brock and May come back, and off they go to Battle Frontier.

Blue Dragon
Oh great...more whining from them pair!!! I love Misty & Brock, the two people Ash first travels with! Why change that!?

Darth Macabre
Oh great...more whining from them pair!!! I love Misty & Brock, the two people Ash first travels with! Why change that!?

I like those three as well...But I wouldn't mind Tracey coming back to the group, and lose Max or May.

spencerspider
i think that they both will be gone not too long from now..however pokemon prob lasts longer...

Blue Dragon
I like those three as well...But I wouldn't mind Tracey coming back to the group, and lose Max or May.
True, Tracey was also okay, but I didn't like the idea of him replacing Brock. They should have all been one group. yes I liked him because he studied Pokemon so closely & did drawings too.

trolly_crouchjr
I like may...i personally thinks she looks better than misty...(sorry i g for looks)

Miroku Herko
i dont know mybe misty is coming back i mean ash likes her and she loves him but her exsuse is iam fallowing you until you give me a new bike.... but he never gave her a bike.

Blue Dragon
Those words are so true. She did want her bike back yes, very much, & at first that's what it was all about because she didn't know him then, but as time went on, she never mentioned it again. Wonder if she'll ever get it back.... stick out tongue hmmm...

It'd be nice in the last ever episode when Ash buys her a new bike that looks so cool & then they confess to each other that they like each other very much...
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
I like may...i personally thinks she looks better than misty...(sorry i g for looks)
She does sometimes...but when Misty's got her hair down, she looks so much better. Looks don't count though, that's judging people the way you aren't suppose to. I hate May! She never knows what to do & she even used Pokemon to travel because she didn't like them! How can you not!? mad

She didn't even research on what to do to become a trainer. She was like:
"What attacks does this Pokemon have?"
"Torchic, Amber!"
Elm: "Call out one of it's attacks!
May: "Which would be...?" Then when she orders Mudkip to attack, it wet her! She said Treeko looked creepy & didn't like Mudkip because it didn't do as it was told. It was only once...

Misty is the Cerulean City Gym Leader which explains a lot; she's a fantastic trainer! yes Go Misty! She's my favourite character. I even got a sig of her.

calvs
Pokemon started sucking when they brought out all of the new-age ones. So I'm saying it was good all the qay up until the first movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.