Quasar vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Quasar runs the JLA guantlet
he is healed to 100% after every battle. NO PREP TIME

1) BATMAN
2) PLASTIC MAN
3) AQUA MAN
4) WONDER WOMAN
5) SUPERMAN
6) MARTIAN MANHUNTER
7) FLASH (WALLY)
8) GREEN LANTERN KYLE
How far does he get?

galan7777777
gets to MM........ but poor batman lol

marvelprince
Is this Quasar w/ the starbrand or classic Quasar. Classic makes it to J'onn

Priest
Originally posted by marvelprince
Is this Quasar w/ the starbrand or classic Quasar. Classic makes it to J'onn
nah it would be a curbstomp if he had it.

Ext@nt
Originally posted by galan7777777
gets to MM........ but poor batman lol

Co-signed cool

marvelprince
Originally posted by Priest
nah it would be a curbstomp if he had it.

So true

Scoobless
Why do you all think MM would beat him?

Priest
Originally posted by Scoobless
i was wondering the same thing. Maybe because of his intangability.
i think he can get at least to GL

R.O.T. Yahman

Can someone remind me what Quasar is capable of ? He looked pretty useless during the Kang Wars. I've always inerpreted him as a bit of a Green Lantern rip off, who is only liked by forum members such as Darkone, Golem and Adam Warlock ?

Priest
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Can someone remind me what Quasar is capable of ? He looked pretty useless during the Kang Wars. I've always inerpreted him as a bit of a Green Lantern rip off, who is only liked by forum members such as Darkone, Golem and Adam Warlock ?
haha..go there
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

heres a repect thread i can across..
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=29822

galan7777777
w/o the starbands, the intangibility of MM + his telepathic ability should come out on top

marvelprince

Cause of his telepathy. Shutting his brain off

marvelprince
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman

I like him, he's one of my fav though I prefer street levelers. He is the master of all forms of energy able to channel limitless amounts of energy through his quantum bands. That means he can use and absorb a potential limitless amount of energy. He gets his energy from the quantum zone. The constructs he creates can exist for a infinite amount of time, they stay until he either wills them away or is knocked out (he doesn't have to focus to keep it up like a GL). His bands also automatically produce force fields (you can get an diea of how strong they are from this feat, he once effortlessly put up a shield around most of Earth's heroes, stopped Thor's hammer). He's also tangled with the Surfer and Galactus on occasion. He's also capable of warp speed travel.

Scoobless
Originally posted by marvelprince
Cause of his telepathy. Shutting his brain off

Quasar is immune to telepathy:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/504/overmind.th.jpg

Accel
I see him making it past MM, but unless he has some special immunity to the Speed-Steal and/or he can somehow stop Flash, I don't see him getting past 7.

Scoobless
I could see him stopping the Flash... as long as he doesn't start the fight onthe ground with no shields or armour up

darthgoober

What issue is that from?

Scoobless
shrug....... I dunno......

no expression

Priest
I could see him stopping the Flash... as long as he doesn't start the fight onthe ground with no shields or armour up
he should be able to pass thru flash.. he has warp speed, kinda like surfers but probally not as fast. his sheilds are automatic i belive.

Scoobless
Quasar's space warp type of movement is useless in a fight against the flash

Priest
he would avoid him and start blastin the planet a safe distance away from flash

Blair Wind
no expression in a battle? Flash is the speed master.

H. S. 6
I'd say he makes it to Flash.

Rols
I say he clears the Gauntlet 6/10..

The Fake Macoy
Personally, I think that Flash should be last on the list, since he's something that I don't think Quasar has faced before. Quasar's pretty similar to a GL so I don't think that Kyle would be as difficult a match up. Still, I think he could get to Flash, but I'm not sure who would win that. Kyle I think he could take maybe 5/10 or 6/10.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by darthgoober
What issue is that from?

That pic is from Quasar #15.

marvelprince

Nice scan. Then I say Quasar clears it. Flash is his biggests problem but with automatic shields I don't see Wally getting to him

complexbrother
he clears the gauntlet . the toughest problems would be Superman and Green Lantern.

Flash ? he traps him in a bubble or uses his powers so there is no traction on the floor, or any number of ways.

Scoobless
Ok.... why does everyone think Flash would be such a huge problem?

Quasar's constructs have been shown to be powerful enough to stop people of Superman strength level (and above) a few times before, they stay around without the need for consentration..... so why couldn't Quasar just trap the Flash?... it may take a lot of wall constructs to box him in but it would work eventually

marvelprince
I say he gives him the most trouble cause he moves so fast. Assuming both of them are on the ground that is though Quasar probably won't be (it was just to humor one of the other posters)

golem370
Quasar- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_%28comics%29

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by complexbrother
he clears the gauntlet . the toughest problems would be Superman and Green Lantern.

Flash ? he traps him in a bubble or uses his powers so there is no traction on the floor, or any number of ways.
no he doesn't flash beats him and there is no way that he beats Kyle

Scoobless
How does Flash beat him? ... seriously.... anyone?

Priest
his auto shields can take punishment form galactus. flash is not getting by them.

juggernaut66666
How does Flash beat him? ... seriously.... anyone?
chech flash some flash feats

golem370
He beats them all

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by golem370
He beats them all
nope

complexbrother
yep

(he said in that childish way)

marvelprince
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
chech flash some flash feats

I have. Check out some Quasar feats.

And he definitely gets by Kyle

juggernaut66666
yeah i know he beat the watcher but now he gets beaten by boosted annihilus

Priest
there fighting to the best of there abilities, he had a bad showing in annihilus..

Scoobless

Yeah... but you really don't (yet) have any idea how powerful Annihilus currently is.... I mean he made some of his slave guys powerful enough to take down heralds

juggernaut66666
Yeah... but you really don't (yet) have any idea how powerful Annihilus currently is.... I mean he made some of his slave guys powerful enough to take down heralds
so now annihilus is more powerfull then the Watcher

Scoobless
Someone has been reporting me....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=388434&from=thread&pagenumber=8#post7384143

no expression

shrug

RUNMAN
Quasar survives the gauntlet

Scoobless
so now annihilus is more powerfull then the Watcher

I've only read up to Annihilation #1.... so I can still only go by what little has been revealed so far

Is the next issue out yet?

JOE NUNEZ
Stops at Superman.......

kgkg
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
Stops at Superman....... not with all supes weakness.

Hoosier Daddy
quasar gets r done

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.