(The Sentinel) Alan Scott v.s. Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galan7777777
No jobbing and both are bloodlusted.....Who wins?

Ext@nt
Sinestro. Alan's cool but he's no Hal Jordan. Besides, again he doesn't seem to have the will power. He gets unerved to quickly.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Ext@nt
Sinestro. Alan's cool but he's no Hal Jordan. Besides, again he doesn't seem to have the will power. He gets unerved to quickly. alan is probably the most powerful GL that has lived (not counting ion)

Ext@nt
Yeah but you need more then power to beat Sinestro.

galan7777777
Yeah but you need more then power to beat Sinestro. u dont think alan had the same will that hal has?

Ext@nt
No, he gets unerved everytime the JSA has a crisis. He always seems to doubt himself.

juggernaut66666
Alan he has acces to the starheart

galan7777777
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Alan he has acces to the starheart exactly, and he is not affected by "yellow" as some of the other members are

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by galan7777777
exactly, and he is not affected by "yellow" as some of the other members are
Yeah he is only effected by wood the BTW Gl's can easily overcome yellow weakness if they have enough will power this whole yellow thing was bout parallax cause he was yellow and the guardians created the yellow effect the reason was that they don't wanted the gl ring to absorb yellow cause then parallax would be able to infect the Gl's

galan7777777
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Yeah he is only effected by wood the BTW Gl's can easily overcome yellow weakness if they have enough will power this whole yellow thing was bout parallax cause he was yellow and the guardians created the yellow effect the reason was that they don't wanted the gl ring to absorb yellow cause then parallax would be able to infect the Gl's ok, thats what i thought, but thanx for clearing it up...

Validus
Sentinel would serve up Sinestro on a platter. Too much raw power.

Ext@nt
Sinestro would outsmart him.

Validus
Sinestro isn't smarter than Alan in the first place. Besides, when you're as powerful as Alan is as Sentinel, smarts aren't going to be worth shit without actual prep.

Ext@nt
Yeah, but Alan doesn't have the stomach for a fight. He loses heart too easily.

Examples:
Obsidian
Extant

All Sinestro would have to do is grab and slaughter an innocent bystander and Alan's emotional state would crumble.

The rings are about will power and Alan bearly has any.

Validus
Yeah, but Alan doesn't have the stomach for a fight. He loses heart too easily.

Examples:
Obsidian
Extant

All Sinestro would have to do is grab and slaughter an innocent bystander and Alan's emotional state would crumble.

Listing Obsidian as an example? Yeah, Alan definitely lacks heart because he doesn't wish to kill his own son. laughing out loud

Fact: Sinestro is a loser. Always has been. The guy couldn't even beat Hal Jordan during the prime of the yellow weakness. The guy doesn't have a chance againnt someone who's probably skyfather level in power.

Yeah, I'm done with you.

Ext@nt
Alan isn't sky-father level by far. And Sinestro has done allot of damage himself. There has been times when it's taken multiple GL's to take him down.

What has Alan ever done to put him that high on the list? I've read allot of JSA issues and he always seems to be the one getting kicked around the most.

ExtraMision5555
Alan Scott sure is hideous

Ext@nt
I'm sure he's decently powerful. But it just seems like he's always getting beat around. And Sinestro is a master manipulator, he knows how to get under your skin and make you doubt yourself. A tactic which has worked on Alan in the past.

galan7777777
I'm sure he's decently powerful. But it just seems like he's always getting beat around. And Sinestro is a master manipulator, he knows how to get under your skin and make you doubt yourself. A tactic which has worked on Alan in the past. he's a lot more then "descently powerful"

Ext@nt
I understand that it just seems like it never does him much good. Like I said i think the problem is lack of willpower.

galan7777777
I understand that it just seems like it never does him much good. Like I said i think the problem is lack of willpower. i personally feel that while his will may not be as strong as some other GL's, his incredible powers would more then make up for that

galan7777777
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Alan Scott sure is hideous sinestro isnt very pretty himself lol pitt_laugh:

invisiblewoman
i still think alan ftw but not easy

galan7777777
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
i still think alan ftw but not easy agreed

galan7777777
Sinestro. Alan's cool but he's no Hal Jordan. Besides, again he doesn't seem to have the will power. He gets unerved to quickly. and for someone lacking will power, alan seems very confident of his will in this scan he even goes as far as to say "he wrote the book on willpower":
http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jsa09p11no7.jpg

batdude123
This Ext@nt kid doesn't know what he's talking about. This is SENTINEL (not GL Alan). Sentinel cleans up nicely here 10/10. And what are you talking about him not having much willpower? What the f**k? He has just as much will power as Kyle and Hal. Add that to the fact that he absorbed the starheart magic, and Sinestro dies quickly.

galan7777777
Originally posted by batdude123
This Ext@nt kid doesn't know what he's talking about. This is SENTINEL (not GL Alan). Sentinel cleans up nicely here 10/10. And what are you talking about him not having much willpower? What the f**k? He has just as much will power as Kyle and Hal. Add that to the fact that he absorbed the starheart magic, and Sinestro dies quickly. agreed, and again this should clear up any references to alan's willpower, he says "i wrote the book on willpower!":

Ext@nt
I'm not trying to pick a fight. It's just that his will seems to be his weakest point. Other villians have exploited it in the past.

Neron
Extant
Obsidian
Mordu

Every superhero has their weakness and I think that's his. It just seems whenever a villian wants to attack him that strategy works best and Sinestro excels at it.

galan7777777
I'm not trying to pick a fight. It's just that his will seems to be his weakest point. Other villians have exploited it in the past.

Neron
Extant
Obsidian
Mordu

Every superhero has their weakness and I think that's his. It just seems whenever a villian wants to attack him that strategy works best and Sinestro excels at it. no ones picking a fight at all, but i just dont think u understand what the sentinal can do, heres some more scans after the one i posted:
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jsa09p12and13jd7.jpg
http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jsa09p14uh6.jpg

Ext@nt
Sorry, I'm not questioning his power per say. I'm thinking as has been shown in the past that the best way to beat him is on a psychological level.

I understand what he can do powerwise and I assure you I am certianly impressed by it.

galan7777777
Sorry, I'm not questioning his power per say. I'm thinking as has been shown in the past that the best way to beat him is on a psychological level.

I understand what he can do powerwise and I assure you I am certianly impressed by it. i dont think it will be an easy battle, but sinestro wont be able to affect alan's willpower as much as u think.... heres that scan again:

Ext@nt
In the "Princes of Darkness" series JSA #46-50 He defeats Alan by attacking him psychologically and once he's in that state physically.

I'm just saying sinestro would probably use a similar tactic.

galan7777777
In the "Princes of Darkness" series JSA #46-50 He defeats Alan by attacking him psychologically and once he's in that state physically.

I'm just saying sinestro would probably use a similar tactic. was that "the sentinel"? because there is a difference

Ext@nt
Yes he had access to the starheart if thats what you mean. Neron used the same tactic in "Underworld Unleashed".

galan7777777
Yes he had access to the starheart if thats what you mean. Neron used the same tactic in "Underworld Unleashed". lets not compare him to neron...... and as the scans show the sentinel has had no issues concerning willpower that i have ever seen

Ext@nt
I'll get the scans to show you what I mean. I know that he would crush Sinestro power on power. I just think that Sinestro could manipulate him to the point where he can be beaten.

galan7777777
I'll get the scans to show you what I mean. I know that he would crush Sinestro power on power. I just think that Sinestro could manipulate him to the point where he can be beaten. ok, but keep in mind that i specified both of these characters are bloodlusted, hence it will be very hard to beat a bloodlusted alan especially mentally

Ext@nt
Oh I didn't see that they were bloodlusted, in that situation Alan wins.

galan7777777
Oh I didn't see that they were bloodlusted, in that situation Alan wins. ohhh and heres a good one, alan is fighting this wooden monster and at the same time using his power to prevent hal, jay and barry from helping:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/al1.jpg

Khem-Adam

Now that's funny.

I'd guess Alan has already beaten Sinestro a number of times by now. And if Alan was angry Sinestro doesn't stand much chance that I've seen. Yes, Obsidian did put Alan through the ringer but as someone else pointed out that's because Obsidian is Alan's own son. Once Obsidian endangered Alan's other child, Jade, Alan blew him away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.