Gates of Heaven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Does Heaven truly have Gates? If so....why ?

What's the point ? A spiritual realm can have Gates? And why would it ? Is God really that discriminatory, that he only wants some of his Children to live with him, while the rest dwell elsewhere ?

Who is God trying to keep out, and why?

Regret
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

What's the point ? A spiritual realm can have Gates? And why would it ? Is God really that discriminatory, that he only wants some of his Children to live with him, while the rest dwell elsewhere ?

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing (Sorry Ali, I just had to use your quintet here.)

Uri, you are amusing. You spout off about how the Bible should not be taken literally and then you ask if it is literal.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Regret
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing (Sorry Ali, I just had to use your quintet here.)

Uri, you are amusing. You spout off about how the Bible should not be taken literally and then you ask if it is literal.

Exxxxxxxactly, he frequently makes comments about God and the Bible but then in the next breath says that they do not exist. Schizo? Why do people who don't even believe in the Bible or God regularly make statements presupposing that God exists and that the Bible is true? Lastly, why do people who don't know the Bible always talk about it and quote from it? Gates of Heaven? There is no such thing. The gates lead into the Heavenly City, New Jerusalem not into Heaven. Heaven is perhaps like a country and New Jerusalem a city within the country. Why do people ask questions about something that they don't believe exists? I know evolution is false so I don't ask questions about it except to make those proponents of it hem and haw over its enormous flaws and holes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Exxxxxxxactly, he frequently makes comments about God and the Bible but then in the next breath says that they do not exist. Schizo? Why do people who don't even believe in the Bible or God regularly make statements presupposing that God exists and that the Bible is true? Lastly, why do people who don't know the Bible always talk about it and quote from it? Gates of Heaven? There is no such thing. The gates lead into the Heavenly City, New Jerusalem not into Heaven. Heaven is perhaps like a country and New Jerusalem a city within the country. Why do people ask questions about something that they don't believe exists? I know evolution is false so I don't ask questions about it except to make those proponents of it hem and haw over its enormous flaws and holes.

laughing The reason people, who do not believe in the bible, ask questions about it, is to make those proponents of it, hem and haw over its enormous flaws and holes. You answered your own question. laughing

Alliance
I don't know...do fictional places exist?

Robtard

That's what kills me about you Jesus... You claim to have direct knowledge of what heaven/the afterlife is i.e. "Gates of Heaven? There is no such thing. The gates lead into the Heavenly City, New Jerusalem not into Heaven. Heaven is perhaps like a country and New Jerusalem a city within the country." that is being very specific and detailed about someplace you have never been nor do you have a shred of physical proof. Yet there is an abundance of physical proof for evolution and you dismiss it like it was garbage.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Robtard
That's what kills me about you Jesus... You claim to have direct knowledge of what heaven/the afterlife is i.e. "Gates of Heaven? There is no such thing. The gates lead into the Heavenly City, New Jerusalem not into Heaven. Heaven is perhaps like a country and New Jerusalem a city within the country." that is being very specific and detailed about someplace you have never been nor do you have a shred of physical proof. Yet there is an abundance of physical proof for evolution and you dismiss it like it was garbage.

I am not Jesus. Now, have you read my recent posts in the Creation vs Evolution thread that I posted today? No? I didn't think so. But a true scholar does some investigative research and inquiry before making comments. Remember the old adage: think before you speak, gather all the facts on an issue then open thy mouth in response. Nah, that wasn't an old adage, it's just something that I made up (it sounded real good though right?). Evolution does not have any "facts" because it is not true. Just read the posts Rob.

fini
oh no no no no!!!!

Why DONT you get it in your head that some people believe in Evolution, while others dont.
And dont go saying that those who believe in evolution dont believe in god. I believe in both....... god let the world grow at its own rate, he gives the power to cells to change and become plants and animals. Its soooo easy , when you use your brain, to see the connection.

But back to the topic. There are no actual gates of heaven. Those so called gates are decided by what you do with your life. These are figurative articles of speech. Its just some other way of scaring people.

Alliance
Originally posted by "JesusIsAlive"
I am not Jesus. Now, have you read my recent posts in the Creation vs Evolution thread that I posted today? No? Because I didn't read yours.

Alliance
I am not Jesus. Now, have you read my recent posts in the Creation vs Evolution thread that I posted today? No? I didn't think so. But a true scholar does some investigative research and inquiry before making comments. Remember the old adage: think before you speak, gather all the facts on an issue then open thy mouth in response. Nah, that wasn't an old adage, it's just something that I made up (it sounded real good though right?). Evolution does not have any "facts" because it is not true. Just read the posts Rob.

Evolution is observed fact. Period. You are an insult to intellecualism and to accuse people of not using proper investigative techniques is hypocrasy on the highest level.

fini
touche

Alliance
no kidding right...

JIA wont respond though...she never does.

fini
JIA is a girl now?

Alliance
No. "Allegedly" he's a he.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by fini
JIA is a girl now?

Fini, that is a nice name. Anyhoo, Fini he is just trying to get me to respond to him. I have not spoken to him since July or August.

Alliance
laughing If that. Usually, people who are social and or intelligent engage in discussion...something you have a consistant problem with.

Thats the point of this forum. I honestly think that you just can't compete.

fini
I'm a guy NOW???? wayyyyyyyyyyy that keeps happening
* fini looks down at her 38D breasts......... hey girls guess they cant see you huh!!!!

AND NO I was not trying to get you to answer me, I saw someone say you were a girl, so I asked, sheesh.

Alliance
SHEESH!

JesusIsAlive
* fini looks down at her 38D breasts......... hey girls guess they cant see you huh!!!!

AND NO I was not trying to get you to answer me, I saw someone say you were a girl, so I asked, sheesh.

Uh...Fini...um...I was talking about Alliance trying to get me to respond to him. I wasn't even talking about you at all. Don't mean to embarrass you.

Alliance
Uh...Fini...um...I was talking about Alliance trying to get me to respond to him. I wasn't even talking about you at all. Don't mean to embarrass you.

laughing

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
SHEESH!

I like sheesh on crackers. wink

fini
sheesh?

Robtard

I wasn't implying you were Jesus, you take the liberty of calling me "Rob", "Rob-Tard" and "Robbie", so I took the liberty of changing your name a little. Deal with it chisel-chest.

Come on now champ, you make it way too easy to point out your fallacies... Don't you find it being just down right hypocritical and asinine for you to say "a true scholar does some investigative research and inquiry before making comments" and "think before you speak, gather all the facts on an issue then open thy mouth in response."? Remember, and this is VERY important in reference to my above question, you yourself have said that you are simply biased and refuse to listen to anything (i.e. Evolution) that contradicts the Bible as you interpret it.

AND, Evolution does have facts, and proof. I can take you to the Museum of Natural History and pummel you over the head with a 300k year old smilodon femur you goon.

DigiMark007
Well, God has to be wicked old by now, so I always just figured he wanted to live in a "gated" community like all those old folks down in Florida.

wink

Robtard

Good Lord, 38D's! Maybe there is a God...

JesusIsAlive
I wasn't implying you were Jesus, you take the liberty of calling me "Rob", "Rob-Tard" and "Robbie", so I took the liberty of changing your name a little. Deal with it chisel-chest.

Come on now champ, you make it way too easy to point out your fallacies... Don't you find it being just down right hypocritical and asinine for you to say "a true scholar does some investigative research and inquiry before making comments" and "think before you speak, gather all the facts on an issue then open thy mouth in response."? Remember, and this is VERY important in reference to my above question, you yourself have said that you are simply biased and refuse to listen to anything (i.e. Evolution) that contradicts the Bible as you interpret it.

AND, Evolution does have facts, and proof. I can take you to the Museum of Natural History and pummel you over the head with a 300k year old smilodon femur you goon.

That was nice how you side-stepped my question. I take that as a no? No, you did not read the articles that I posted?

Robtard
That was nice how you side-stepped my question. I take that as a no? No, you did not read the articles that I posted?

Wasn't a side step bucky, since I had no idea you posted new info in the 'Evolutuon Vs. Creation' thread today until you told me. Duh...

I did go read them (after you made me aware of their presense), not all, they are full of lies and half truths, then again, it is from Chic.com a known liar.

Now, will you answer my questions that you "side-stepped" with this post? Hint, it is four post above this one.

JesusIsAlive
Wasn't a side step bucky,since i had no idea you posted in the Evolutuon Vs. Creation thread today until you told me. Duh...

I did go read them, not all, they are full of lies and half truths, then again, it is from Chic.com a known liar.

Now, will you answer my questions that you "side-stepped" with this post? Hint, it is four post above this one.

I have read all that I need to read about evolution. Here is my conclusion: it did not occur, couldn't have transpired, and to put it bluntly--did not happen. That is just all there is to it (literally).

Robtard
I have read all that I need to read about evolution. Here is my conclusion: it did not occur, couldn't have transpired, and to put it bluntly--did not happen. That is just all there is to it (literally).

A) You sidestepped my question, yet again...

B) You refuse to read something that favors my points of view but if I do not read somethings that favors your points of view, you accuse me of not 'being a true scholar' and 'speaking before I think.' Real nice.

You Sir, are hypocrisy incarnate.

fini
Good Lord, 38D's! Maybe there is a God...

lol they aint all they cracked up to be, they heavy and quite annoying at times. lol.
I wonder if fake ones are this heavy?

JesusIsAlive
A) You sidestepped my question, yet again...

B) You refuse to read something that favors my points of view but if I do not read somethings that favors your points of view, you accuse me of not "being a true scholar" and "speaking before I think."

You Sir, are hypocrisy incarnate.

Read what? You have not offered any links or articles.

Robtard
Read what? You have not offered any links or articles.

That was yet another greasy anal-lube weasel maneuver...

JesusIsAlive
That was yet another greasy anal-lube weasel maneuver...

You know what Rob. forget it then, cause I don't know what you are talking about.

Robtard
You know what Rob. forget it then, cause I don't know what you are talking about.

You got it Jesus (not of Nazareth)! Even feigned ignorance is bliss.

Kelly_LS

I've always honestly pictured heaven to have gates. Not like gates where Jesus stands on the other end and says "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" but pearly white gates where everyone you've Loved that has passed on before you greets you at, as well as with Jesus and they all warmly welcome you to heaven. That's just my theory though. It gives me the warm fuzzies.

RocasAtoll
Robtard, just give up. He's not going to listen.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
I've always honestly pictured heaven to have gates. Not like gates where Jesus stands on the other end and says "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" but pearly white gates where everyone you've Loved that has passed on before you greets you at, as well as with Jesus and they all warmly welcome you to heaven. That's just my theory though. It gives me the warm fuzzies.

Sniffle...sniffle...me too.

Robtard
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Robtard, just give up. He's not going to listen.

He can act like he doesn't, but deep down inside, when he's curled up in the fetal position, biting on his soft fluffy pillow at night... He knows...

Kelly_LS
Sniffle...sniffle...me too.
w00t

RocasAtoll
He can act like he doesn't, but deep down inside, when he's curled up in the fetal position, biting on his soft fluffy pillow at night... He knows...

Nice. Now youre going to get a bible verse on the fetal position being holy.

JesusIsAlive

Rob., here is your post. This is the post that you said was four posts up right? You have not provided any links or articles for my perusal. So, again, I don't know what you are talking about.

fini
IF this is gonna be yet another thread bout creation and Evolution, THEN someone MOVE THIS PLEASE.

Shakyamunison

Thanks a lot! roll eyes (sarcastic) That image has now burned a hole in my head. laughing

JesusIsAlive

Man, that was a very graphically, vivid description of something that has never once occurred to me Rob. Man I might have nightmares now that you brought up the whole idea. How could you think up such....gasp! Rob...are you speaking from personal experience!?

Robtard
Man, that was a very graphically, vivid description of something that has never once occurred to me Rob. Man I might have nightmares now that you brought up the whole idea. How could you think up such....gasp! Rob...are you speaking from personal experience!?

Dude, at least have a wittier comeback than 'I know you are, but what am I.' But at least we both agree that the mental imagine of you curled up in the fetal position biting on pillows is nightmarish.

FeceMan

You know, it might be there for decor. Or it might be there symbolically.

Either way, God isn't trying to keep anyone out; He is keeping out those who have not been asked forgiveness.

JesusIsAlive
Dude, at least have a wittier comeback than 'I know you are, but what am I.' But at least we both agree that the mental imagine of you curled up in the fetal position biting on pillows is nightmarish.

It is just that I have NEVER once thought about curling up on the floor in a fetal position biting a pillow. How could you imagine something like that? Man, I don't think I am ever going to be the same again. I am scarred for life.

cry

laughing

Robtard
It is just that I have NEVER once thought about curling up on the floor in a fetal position biting a pillow. How could you imagine something like that? Man, I don't think I am ever going to be the same again. I am scarred for life.

cry

laughing

Sure you could, I never said "on the floor", you imagined that all by yourself.

JesusIsAlive
Sure you could, I never said "on the floor", you imagined that all by yourself.

Still the whole biting pillows and curling up in fetal positions was ALL you dog.

laughing

Lord Urizen

You obviously don't get the point...as always...so let me explain in words you may understand.....

Obviously, I do not beleive in any of it...i do not beleive in your Heaven or Hell, or your version of God...

However, if I am to argue certain aspects of your cult, or indulge a curiousity, then I must ask the question...and I must ask it as IF I beleive it may exist...

If I am to argue anything about what you beleive, I must have some sort of knowledge about it, rather than to just deny it all together....unlike you who argue about other things without getting to know them ne better.

I open my mind....Heaven may or may not exist, but if it does, I'd like to know what it's like, and why it would have Gates...the Bible mentions the Gates of Heaven, so for you to deny thier existance is hypocritical and stupid...as you always are, so it comes to no surprise wink

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
You know, it might be there for decor. Or it might be there symbolically.

Either way, God isn't trying to keep anyone out; He is keeping out those who have not been asked forgiveness.

So that Gates have thier function then ? Hmm...interesting...

Lord Urizen

Ha HA How Funny ! JIA made a funny ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

FeceMan
droolio

debbiejo
Ah the Pearly Gates....Our entrance to heaven. HAHA...another early christian sect borrowing from the cult of Aphrodite Marina, or the Sea mother Mari (Mary??), to whom pearls were sacred. Her own body was the Gate of Heaven, like the Jade Gate of the Chinese Goddess, through which all had to pass at birth and again at death. ..The Goddess appeared in the guise of the moon, she was called Pearl of the Sea, or Pearl of Wisdom. Her seven high priestesses were the Seven Pillars of Wisdom like Pleiades. Early Christian sects copied the pagans in claiming the the souls of the dead "mount up by the pillar of dawn to the sphere of the moon , and the moon receives them incessantly from the first to the middle of the month..so that it waxes and gets full, and then it guides them to the sun until the end of the month............

The Pearl has always been a symbol of wisdom...hence the parable "The Pearl of Great Wisdom."

Alliance

cry

laughing

Just once again showing your lack of interpretation/imagination?

Lord Urizen
droolio

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

droolio

Lumanix
Lord Urizen = Troll Extraordinaire

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Lumanix
Lord Urizen = Troll Extraordinaire

I made this thread you idiot ...why don't you try answering the question ?

Zero25
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Well, God has to be wicked old by now, so I always just figured he wanted to live in a "gated" community like all those old folks down in Florida.

wink

Well technically God, if he exists, would have to be a larger entity than even the imagination could imagine. Making one of his days a 1000 years our time. But then again to create life you must have some knowledge of a being so old that that too could not be imagined.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Zero25
Well technically God, if he exists, would have to be a larger entity than even the imagination could imagine. Making one of his days a 1000 years our time. But then again to create life you must have some knowledge of a being so old that that too could not be imagined.

Ok....

Lord Urizen

What if he's so old, he forgot he created us ?

Zero25

That could also be the case hence the scientific solution of evolution

Imperial_Samura

Great. Now I have this image of Ozzy Osbourne as God...

"Sharron, Sharron, waz I ment to to be doin something today? Oh yeh, cre...ate man. Now whered I leave that dust... Sharron..."

So God forgets to create us so we simply evolve instead?

And so on.

Zero25
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Great. Now I have this image of Ozzy Osbourne as God...

"Sharron, Sharron, waz I ment to to be doin something today? Oh yeh, cre...ate man. Now whered I leave that dust... Sharron..."

And so on.

What if he manifests in our imagination!? so right know for me he could be gandolf!

debbiejo
GUESS PAGAN ROOTS DOESNT MATTER THEN.

Alliance
NOT TO CHRISTIANS.

(because they "don't" exist)

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
OR FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE OR SOMETHING

Alliance
NO, ITS REALLY "PAGAN"

Zero25
A lot of things can relate to the bible, too though. For instance did you know that by using science they were able to locate the path that Moses uses for the exodus? Mount Sinai, The Reed Sea ( Not Red as previously thought) everything!

Imperial_Samura
A lot of things can relate to the bible, too though. For instance did you know that by using science they were able to locate the path that Moses uses for the exodus? Mount Sinai, The Reed Sea ( Not Red as previously thought) everything!

Well if one views the Bible as historical fiction, or the like then naturally it is set in the real world, it makes reference to real places. However this is different from finding proof that substantiates the events that are claimed to have taken place there.

Theoretically it is possible to find the most likely place the garden could have existed, but that doesn't mean they find proof of the garden. Same with Moses, the Ark etc. Saying "this is the location the Bible alluded to" does not in fact confirm the event because there has been nothing found at those sites to prove it.

A bit like people using the Da Vinci Code, expecting to find something beneath something or other - the places are real, but no sign of proof at them to prove the Da Vinci Code narrative.

AND WHY IS EVERYBODY TYPING IN CAPITALS?

Alliance
BECAUSE DEBBIE MADE ME

Regret

Do dark roots matter? I think so...

Alliance
I think Christianity is a rip-off. But if people ignor the fact, it has no effect on them.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Regret
Do dark roots matter? I think so...

Dark roots? I don't think the Pagan religions were dark in intellectual terms, or on the spectrum of colors...

Zero25
Maybe I'm starting to deviate a little. Gates of Heaven: When my grandfather died while on the table (he was revived). His story to me was that he saw a tree in the background my dad and grandma in front of it. So maybe heaven is the manifestation of someones belief or desire of peace.

Alliance
To die means you are dead. If he was revived, he wasn't dead...just getting there really fast.

All those NDEs are just your brain freaking out because it doesn't have oxygen. Many people expect to see things, so your brain makes stuff up.

debbiejo
BECAUSE DEBBIE MADE ME laughing out loud

I was too lazy to take the CAPS off..............

And dark roots can be fixed at your local hair dresser.... wink

Regret
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Dark roots? I don't think the Pagan religions were dark in intellectual terms, or on the spectrum of colors...

Was talking about blonds, and I like their dark roots droolio...

Lumanix
I made this thread you idiot ...why don't you try answering the question ? You can troll with threads idiot.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Lumanix
You can troll with threads idiot.

debbiejo
Maybe and maybe not..........Should I retell the story about the NDE of a boy who died and went to what he called animal heaven and had conversations with a bee??

Imperial_Samura
Maybe and maybe not..........Should I retell the story about the NDE of a boy who died and went to what he called animal heaven and had conversations with a bee??

Ironically it wasn't much of a conversation "Work for the queen. Pretty flower pretty flower. Sting. @#$% Now I'm going to die."

Alliance
You sorgot the orgasmic part about sipping nectar from the ovaries.

Lord Urizen
You sorgot the orgasmic part about sipping nectar from the ovaries.

droolio Mmmm.....nectar.......

droolioMmmmm......OVARIES !

Lord Urizen
Revelation 21:21
The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusisAlive

The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass

No Gates huh ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard

What I find odd, most descriptions of Heaven speak of human material wealth, i.e. pearls, gold, silver...

JesusIsAlive
"...Gates of Heaven? There is no such thing. The gates lead into the Heavenly City, New Jerusalem not into Heaven. Heaven is perhaps like a country and New Jerusalem a city within the country...."

Remember I am a semanticist (hair-splitter). There is a difference between "Heaven" and the city (New Jerusalem) in Heaven. I said all that to reiterate this: there are gates that lead into the city of New Jerusalem but Heaven is like the country and New Jerusalem the city within the Kingdom of Heaven. So I do not believe that there are gates that lead into Heaven, they lead into New Jerusalem (the City of God).

Shakyamunison
Remember I am a semanticist (hair-splitter). There is a difference between "Heaven" and the city (New Jerusalem) in Heaven. I said all that to reiterate this: there are gates that lead into the city of New Jerusalem but Heaven is like the country and New Jerusalem the city within the Kingdom of Heaven. So I do not believe that there are gates that lead into Heaven, they lead into New Jerusalem (the City of God).

Who are you talking too?

Zero25
To die means you are dead. If he was revived, he wasn't dead...just getting there really fast.

All those NDEs are just your brain freaking out because it doesn't have oxygen. Many people expect to see things, so your brain makes stuff up.

To be dead means to have no pulse no nothing which is what he had so therfore he was... dead. Besides the surgery was a five bypass. He was left open for about an hour.

Shakyamunison
To be dead means to have no pulse no nothing which is what he had so therfore he was... dead. Besides the surgery was a five bypass. He was left open for about an hour.

Sorry, but no. Lack of brain activity is what constitutes death.

Zero25

What is a gate though? A boundary, much like countries and counties and states have boundaries.

Zero25
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Point taken. So in his NDE he still saw no gates to heaven.

Shakyamunison
Point taken. So in his NDE he still saw no gates to heaven.

However, he wasn't dead. I'm not saying that there are gates to heaven, I don't believe in a heaven after death, But NDE are not credible evidence of a after life, because they didn't die.

FeceMan
However, he wasn't dead. I'm not saying that there are gates to heaven, I don't believe in a heaven after death, But NDE are not credible evidence of a after life, because they didn't die.
It wouldn't be credible even if he died.

Zero25
It wouldn't be credible even if he died.

True because you can't hear stories from a dead man.

Alliance

Not correct. The current medical definition is heart failure.

The brain death is the commonly accepted societal definition of death.

There is a serious movement to revise the medical definition though. The Schiavo case shed a lot of light on that debate.

Shakyamunison

There is a serious movement to revise the medical definition though. The Schiavo case shed a lot of light on that debate.

Show proof please.

Alliance
Ok, i was partially wrong (so were you). UDDA says that wich ever comes first works as the legal defenition.

dark99
wait brain dead...

doesn't that mean that people in a coma are technically dead...

Alliance
no.

TOTAL loss of brain function.

dark99
so what exactly is your brain doing during a comma...

Alliance
nto much, but there sitll is activity...includingthe reuglation of some, if not all, essential body systems.

However, I'm not a brain specialist.

dark99
oh... just wondering...

Alliance
you can easily look it up.

Lord Urizen

Clinical Death is when the heart and lungs stop functioning...

Biological Death is when the Brain stops functioning....

Alliance
See thats what I thought....but UDDA seems to disagree.

Maybe the law is to broad for the medical community and they use the defenitions that I gave earlier and Urizen jsut reapeated.

Lord Urizen
See thats what I thought....but UDDA seems to disagree.

Maybe the law is to broad for the medical community and they use the defenitions that I gave earlier and Urizen jsut reapeated.

It's bullshit that they keep retconning medical standards, just like the keep retconning psychology, and the way the Bible has been retconned throughout its history...

We never will find the Truth, now will we ?

Alliance
Thats because there is no truth and neither science nor medicine claims to be.

We should continuously reassess the situation to the best of our knowledge.

Lord Urizen
Thats because there is no truth and neither science nor medicine claims to be.

We should continuously reassess the situation to the best of our knowledge.

Seems logical to me....

But so far no one has answered my question as to why God would forge Gates... no

Alliance
Does the question warrant an answer, or was it asked out of spite?

Imperial_Samura
Seems logical to me....

But so far no one has answered my question as to why God would forge Gates... no

Gates make a yard look nice and keep the riff raff out. The real question then is why wouldn't God forge gates? And electrify them while he's at it?

Lord Urizen
Does the question warrant an answer, or was it asked out of spite?

A little bit of both to be honest...

It seems funny to me how God would even need Gates whether it be for Heaven or for the "new city" or whatever....

Now if it's just a metaphor, that's one thing...but if thier are literally Gates in a spiritual realm, that makes no sense to me...

At the same time, even if the new Jerusalem IS a physical realm, why are Gates needed ? Wouldn't those "sinners" already be in Hell ? Who would God be trying to cast out....or contain ?

FeceMan
To show the dwarves how.

Duh.

Lord Urizen
To show the dwarves how.

Duh.

What about the Keebler Elves ? smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.