RotS Anakin Skywalker VS RotS Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexiest
K, guys here's a fun one. stick out tongue

The setting is, Mustafar.

The contest?

Arm-wrestling.

Who wins?

kamikz
Anakin.

Jen'ari
Anakin. He's stronger.

Darth Sexiest
Obi-Wan was a full grown man though...hmm.

kamikz
Anakin's got a metal arm who can hold up 3 peoples weights while hanging in an elevator shaft. Anakin wins...

Darth Sexiest
What about if he dosen't use his prosthetic limb?

kamikz
Then I guess it's more even. Do we have any proof of eithers muscle strenght?

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by kamikz
Then I guess it's more even. Do we have any proof of eithers muscle strenght?

Good question.

I've seen both train in the behind-the-scenes documentary as Im sure you all have.

McGregor has a good, bulky build, basicly the build of full grown man who lifts weights.

Hayden is younger and is built more lithe, with toned muscles.

It looks as if they might be equel in physical power.

Universe-wise though...

Hmm, not sure. I'll have to think about that. stick out tongue

darthsith19
Skywalker. Look at his powerful swings when he fights Dooku, someone who uses his form his to be the strongest amongst the Jedi where Soresu users don't have to be that strong physically. Anakin's much bugger and being younger likely puts him at an advatnage, not a disadvantage. I mean, it's not like it's a 25 year old man vs. a 15 year old man it's a 22 year old man vs. a 38 year old man. So agre really isn't a factor and if anything age is in Ani's favor.

Quinlan_Vos
Anakin

Sith Lord Windu
Short answer: anakin

Long answer: soresu uses the least amount of energy to block bolts and blows. djem so uses wide and powerful swings, dooku wasn't able to stop anakins blows on the invisible hand because anakin was so powerful.

superstoner
anakin does'n use djem so(DeeDeeDee)he uses Soresu(notice how identical their movements are in ROTS although not as much so in AOTC

he wins the arm wrestling contest however

Advent
Originally posted by superstoner
anakin does'n use djem so(DeeDeeDee)he uses Soresu(notice how identical their movements are in ROTS although not as much so in AOTC

he wins the arm wrestling contest however

Actually, he does use Djem So. The only thing Obi-Wan and Anakin did that was alike at all was twirling their lightsabers around for whatever unknown reason. That was more likely Ataru as it was flashy (and they both did still take some Ataru attributes in their forms). Even so, the point is: Anakin doesn't use Soresu, he uses Djem So.

"The boy was the finest Djem So user he'd ever seen". The ROTS novelization makes it perfectly clear Anakin uses Djem So on several occasions, as I'm sure numerous others sources do as well.

superstoner
what number form is it(oh and by the way what is sorgo's website)

darthsith19
Form 5. Didn't know Sorgo had a website.

superstoner
look on sith test in th EU section they disuss something about it

Darth Subjekt
hell you can go to Wikipedia and search "lightsaber forms". Rather interesting actually. Goes pretty in depth and doesn't sound like made up shit either.

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by darthsith19
Skywalker. Look at his powerful swings when he fights Dooku, someone who uses his form his to be the strongest amongst the Jedi where Soresu users don't have to be that strong physically. Anakin's much bugger and being younger likely puts him at an advatnage, not a disadvantage. I mean, it's not like it's a 25 year old man vs. a 15 year old man it's a 22 year old man vs. a 38 year old man. So agre really isn't a factor and if anything age is in Ani's favor. anakin is using harder swings because hes getting pissed off that doesent mean there more powerful

Darth Sexiest
Yeah, Anakin does use Djem So.
The reason Anakin and Obi-Wan were "flashing their lightsabers around" was because Anakin was trying to produce swings to hack Obi-Wan to bits, Obi-Wan twirled his lightsaber around in Soresu flurries to produce large-scale blocks to ward off Anakin's blade.
So Obi-Wan did use Soresu those times, Anakin used Djem So.
But, Anakin did also combine elements of Ataru in with his Djem So attacks.

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
hell you can go to Wikipedia and search "lightsaber forms". Rather interesting actually. Goes pretty in depth and doesn't sound like made up shit either. wikipedia is god its never made up everything from my experience on wikipedia is true

Darth Sexiest
No, most of it isen't made up.

exanda kane
Ewan McGregor's scottish, and when he's well greased, he'll fight like a mad man. Haydyn wouldn't have a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.