Superman vrs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R.O.T. Yahman
I think a lot of people on this forum think Quasar would win, but i cant really see why. IMO Quasar is a mid level G.L. and Supes beats almost all G.L.'s with the exception of Kyle, Hal and Killowag. I mean you saw what Prime did to the G.L. corp. Does anyone one on here think that Quasar could also beat Thor, or even Sentry ?

galan7777777
will quasar have the starbands?

Ext@nt
If he has them, then goodbye supes.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by galan7777777
will quasar have the starbands?

Remind me what the Starbands are and what they are capable of ? Please dont post a link to a Respect thread as my computer is very slow, and it takes ages to upload the pics. Just give me quick synopsis of the feats he's achieved, and try to present facts rather than brash statements such as 'they have infinite power, and could easilly destroy supes'.

galan7777777
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Remind me what the Starbands are and what they are capable of ? Please dont post a link to a Respect thread as my computer is very slow, and it takes ages to upload the pics. Just give me quick synopsis of the feats he's achieved, and try to present facts rather than brash statements such as 'they have infinite power, and could easilly destroy supes'.

the starbrand: While he possessed the power of the Star Brand, Quasar gained the abilities of flight, superhuman strength and resilience. He also was able to regenerate his entire body from minute remains and did not need to eat, drink, or breathe. However, virtually all of the energy derived from the Star Brand was depleted not long after he gave it away. The Living Tribunal later stated that Quasar's body retains only an insignificant trace amount of energy.

-thanks wiki

galan7777777
but even without the starbrand, if this is classic quasar and he just had his quantum bands he should still be able to beat supes easily

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by galan7777777
the starbrand: While he possessed the power of the Star Brand, Quasar gained the abilities of flight, superhuman strength and resilience. He also was able to regenerate his entire body from minute remains and did not need to eat, drink, or breathe. However, virtually all of the energy derived from the Star Brand was depleted not long after he gave it away. The Living Tribunal later stated that Quasar's body retains only an insignificant trace amount of energy.

-thanks wiki

That really doesn't show alot. Is the Starbands superior power based soely on this L.T. quote, or does he have any feats under his belt ?

Accel
I think a lot of people on this forum think Quasar would win, but i cant really see why. IMO Quasar is a mid level G.L. and Supes beats almost all G.L.'s with the exception of Kyle, Hal and Killowag. I mean you saw what Prime did to the G.L. corp. Does anyone one on here think that Quasar could also beat Thor, or even Sentry ?
Prime? You mean Superboy Prime? I wouldn't really use that as evidence of any thing other than the GL Corps are good at jobbing, especially since they died via ice breath.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Accel
evidence of any thing other than the GL Corps are good at jobbing, .

If the Kang Wars are anything to go by, Quasar isn't any better. And after reading Re Charge and Corps, im pretty damm sure that Supes could easilly beat most G.L.'s.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Accel
Prime? You mean Superboy Prime? I wouldn't really use that as evidence of any thing other than the GL Corps are good at jobbing, especially since they died via ice breath.

That was funny..he should simply have retconned punched them out of the way.

R.O.T. Yahman
'I like him, he's one of my fav though I prefer street levelers. He is the master of all forms of energy able to channel limitless amounts of energy through his quantum bands. That means he can use and absorb a potential limitless amount of energy. He gets his energy from the quantum zone. The constructs he creates can exist for a infinite amount of time, they stay until he either wills them away or is knocked out (he doesn't have to focus to keep it up like a GL). His bands also automatically produce force fields (you can get an idea of how strong they are from this feat, he once effortlessly put up a shield around most of Earth's heroes, stopped Thor's hammer). He's also tangled with the Surfer and Galactus on occasion. He's also capable of warp speed travel.'

Mann i hate when people provide info like this, It really doesn't tell you anything. Infinite this, Infinite That. I'm mean every frikin other Cosmic character has Infinite power in the Marvel universe, yet this guy couldn't even damage Kangs Shields, with the help from Photon, and the Scarlet Witch (Both of whom apparently have Infinite power). Quasar doesn't seem any better than you're average G.L. Tangling with the Surfer, bloody Iron Man and the Hulk have Tangled with the Surfer.

Horrificus
Quasar is probably THE most powerful, or one of the most powerful characters in Marvel comics.

His powers and character type have proven to be a match for almost everybody he has faced. Except highest tier beings with artifact enhancement, (Thanos /IG and Maelstrom /Cosmic Awareness+Anomaly powers+boost from Oblivion)
He would drain superman dry in an instant.
He is more than a GL. He has total control over all forms of energy.
Period.

marvelprince
'I like him, he's one of my fav though I prefer street levelers. He is the master of all forms of energy able to channel limitless amounts of energy through his quantum bands. That means he can use and absorb a potential limitless amount of energy. He gets his energy from the quantum zone. The constructs he creates can exist for a infinite amount of time, they stay until he either wills them away or is knocked out (he doesn't have to focus to keep it up like a GL). His bands also automatically produce force fields (you can get an idea of how strong they are from this feat, he once effortlessly put up a shield around most of Earth's heroes, stopped Thor's hammer). He's also tangled with the Surfer and Galactus on occasion. He's also capable of warp speed travel.'

Mann i hate when people provide info like this, It really doesn't tell you anything. Infinite this, Infinite That. I'm mean every frikin other Cosmic character has Infinite power in the Marvel universe, yet this guy couldn't even damage Kangs Shields, with the help from Photon, and the Scarlet Witch (Both of whom apparently have Infinite power). Quasar doesn't seem any better than you're average G.L. Tangling with the Surfer, bloody Iron Man and the Hulk have Tangled with the Surfer.

Sorry If you didn't get it but thats what it is. The place he derives energy from is infinite. Meaning he could literally stay for weeks blasting out enough energy to destroy a planet. Meaning that no matter matter how much energy is around him he can shunt it to the quantum zone. Can a GL do that? Check his powers and you'll see why I use the word infinite so much

The Quantum Bands

Quasar's powers are derived from the pair of quantum bands fused to his wrists (or more specifically, from the seven gems on each of the bands). They are linked to their wearer's nervous system and grant tremendous powers of energy manipulation.

Foremost amongst these powers is the ability to tap into a limitless energy source called the quantum zone. Quasar can project quantum energy in the form of devastating beams of force or heat, but more commonly employs them to fashion incredibly durable constructs of solid energy, such as containment spheres or pincers. He protects himself with a personal force field of quantum energy. This is very similar to the Power Ring's abilities of DC comics' Green Lantern.

The quantum bands can also exert control over many other types of energy that are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. For example, Quasar once tapped into a sun and caused it to emit an enormous solar flare. He can also absorb and redirect the cosmic energy wielded by such powerful beings as the Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts, Adam Warlock, Thanos, Phoenix, and the Watchers, siphoning their power and using it to augment his quantum energy. Forms of energy the quantum bands cannot control include magic and darkforce.

Although he cannot overtly affect psionic energy, Quasar has programmed his bands to render him impervious to psionic mental control. Even Moondragon and the Overmind proved unable to overcome this defense. He does not appear to be protected from magical forms of compulsion.

Quasar can create apertures into and out of the quantum zone, thus allowing passage through its infinite, featureless expanse. He mainly uses this ability to traverse interstellar distances in a manner similar to hyperspace travel. The effect is essentially a form of teleportation, which Quasar refers to as a quantum jump. A quantum jump has a destructive side effect on the local environment, violently upheaving gravity and tearing holes in the atmosphere (on Earth, it would damage the ozone layer), so Quasar initially refrained from using it except when in space or in dire circumstances. However, he eventually realized that he could contain this side effect by first surrounding himself with a barrier of solid energy. Quasar can also shunt other matter into the quantum zone provided that he's in physical contact with it.

The quantum bands enable their wearer to fly by manipulating gravitons. The maximum flight speed he can attain is unknown, but he made a trip from Earth to Uranus in approximately four years flying non-stop (this was before he learned how to quantum jump). That would require a constant speed of roughly 50,000 miles per hour. This doesn't take into account the velocity he can achieve in a short burst of acceleration.

The quantum band gems seem to be able to analyze and process information as if they were extremely advanced computers. This allows Quasar to navigate the quantum zone and the depths of space. The gems are able to detect, analyze, and track energy emissions across vast distances. They can also "program" his quantum energy to register and react to certain preset conditions. For instance, at one time Quasar had the Earth surrounded with an invisible laticework of energy that was designed to act as a global alert system against potential extraterrestrial threats. The energy field could detect any surges of exotic energy emanating from the planet's surface as well as if any object larger than a micrometeorite passed through it; in either case, the field would react by transmitting an alert signal to the quantum bands.

Quasar has a direct link to Epoch through his bands, which gives him ready access to her nascent omniscience.

In Annihilation: Nova #4, Annihilus apparently killed Quasar and gained the quantum bands, adding to his already considerable power.

Scoobless

Well, to be fair, Kang has access to the most advanced tech that the Universe is ever going to develop.... it would be kind of wrong if he couldn't hold off even someone of Quasar's power level... for a while at least

Horrificus
Originally posted by Scoobless
Well, to be fair, Kang has access to the most advanced tech that the Universe is ever going to develop.... it would be kind of wrong if he couldn't hold off even someone of Quasar's power level... for a while at least

Seriously, Kang is just another form of Doctor Doom.

The tech they use has done everything from drain the Beyonder dry, to knocking out the Surfer.
So, it is nothing to sneeze at.

And, I think MarvelPrince said the rest. He is correct.
Quasar has also defeated a watcher and the abstract entity Maelstrom, to just name 2 of the top-level cosmics he has beaten.

Q is the sh**. I don't know how Annihilus beat him, but I'm sure he will be back, and do terrible stuff to him in the end.

guy222
elvis

psycho gundam
quasar, but a punch from superman makes my answer quite dubious.

Horrificus
Supes doesn't have a chance.
Q had more skill at manipulating energies and using his powers than even the Silver Surfer did.
Q has taken out more abstract-level guys and top-tiers than you can shake a stick at.

batdude123
Superman.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Horrificus
Q has taken out more abstract-level guys than you can shake a stick at.
thumb up

He didn't take him out but he did stalemate the Anomaly,
in the Dimension of Manifestations no less (where Anomaly is the guardian)
very impressive to say the least.

(I'll submit, Anomaly with time would've gained the advantage and won,
but still, Quasar held his own (in a battle) until he figured how to trick the Anomaly)

He also handled Rachel & Mordred simultaneously,
while she was possessing the Phoenix Force.

Just some perspective yall.

Tazer
Yo.

Quasar is probably THE most powerful, or one of the most powerful characters in Marvel comics.

who just got swallowed up by a thing that used to lose to the FF on a regular basis....

His powers and character type have proven to be a match for almost everybody he has faced. Except highest tier beings with artifact enhancement, (Thanos /IG and Maelstrom /Cosmic Awareness+Anomaly powers+boost from Oblivion)

ummm.....Mael killed Elvis w/o the Cosmic Awareness; all he had was watever boost he got from being the new Anamoly.

He would drain superman dry in an instant.

didnt happen to Doc Spectrum & didnt happen to Surfer, so it aint happening here. point of fact, we never saw him drain *anybody* instantly that I can recall, and this was a guy who fought Quantum (another solar-powerd being)

He is more than a GL. He has total control over all forms of energy.
Period.

Elvis is about 1/4 to 2/5 -less powerful than a GL given that they can control MATTER as well as energy, as well as being able to work against magic (something he also fails at).

as for this fight just like any fight w/him against a GL Supes has to work hard and use both his spr-SPD and spr-STR to take Elvis down. 1 of the good things going for him is that Elvis doesnt suffer any feedback from broken Q-constructs, he has unlimited energy to play with, and he could win simply via bfr.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Supes doesn't have a chance.

thats an opinion, but fine

Q had more skill at manipulating energies and using his powers than even the Silver Surfer did.

ummmmm....huh?? proof plz??

Q has taken out more abstract-level guys and top-tiers than you can shake a stick at.

really?? like who??

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.