City removes fluoride from water after hearing facts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano

KidRock
In other news I stubbed my toe today.

Deano
well i think the thread is about the danger of fluoride. you drink it after all dont you?

PVS
good news for del rio.
i on the other hand love ingesting unprocessed industrial waste thumb up

KidRock
What DOESNT give you cancer these days?

Originally posted by PVS

i on the other hand love ingesting unprocessed industrial waste thumb up

You live in New Jersey, do you enjoy breathing its toxic fumes as well?

PVS
yeah, "its no big deal", we got it the first time kidrock. i see deano's style of beating the point to death is rubbing off on you.

lord xyz
I'm sorry but, what is Fluoride?

Robtard
Originally posted by lord xyz
I'm sorry but, what is Fluoride?

"A fluoride ion is the ionic form of fluorine. Fluorides are organic and inorganic compounds containing the element fluorine. As a halogen, fluorine forms a monovalent ion (−1 charge). Fluoride forms a binary compound with another element or radical. Examples of common fluoride compounds include hydrofluoric acid (HF), and sodium fluoride (NaF)".

"Fluoride containing compounds are added to toothpaste, drinking water, prescribed treatments, and other commercially available oral hygiene products because fluoride proponents believe they help strengthen the tooth enamel. Sodium fluoride and sodium monofluorophosphate (MFP, SMFP) are common additives".

I wonder if the people of Del Rio will stop brushing their teeeth now since Fluoride in every toothpaste on the market. Well, maybe then can find one without it.

Deano, I did hear a conspiracy once that flouride does nothing to fight tooth decay, but it does make your teeth highly visible to detection via satellite... Big Brother...

lord xyz
Originally posted by Robtard
"A fluoride ion is the ionic form of fluorine. Fluorides are organic and inorganic compounds containing the element fluorine. As a halogen, fluorine forms a monovalent ion (−1 charge). Fluoride forms a binary compound with another element or radical. Examples of common fluoride compounds include hydrofluoric acid (HF), and sodium fluoride (NaF)".

"Fluoride containing compounds are added to toothpaste, drinking water, prescribed treatments, and other commercially available oral hygiene products because fluoride proponents believe they help strengthen the tooth enamel. Sodium fluoride and sodium monofluorophosphate (MFP, SMFP) are common additives".

I wonder if the people of Del Rio will stop brushing their teeeth now since Fluoride in every toothpaste on the market. Well, maybe then can find one without it.

Deano, I did hear a conspiracy once that flouride does nothing to fight tooth decay, but it does make your teeth highly visible to detection via satellite... Big Brother... No, I know all that, but when it's on its own, it isn't refered to as "Fluorine", because it's not a compound. Same with Chlorine, Iodine, Bromine and the rest of the Halogens.

Robtard
No, I know all that, but when it's on its own, it isn't refered to as "Fluorine", because it's not a compound. Same with Chlorine, Iodine, Bromine and the rest of the Halogens.

Then why did you ask "what is Fluoride"?

lord xyz
Then why did you ask "what is Fluoride"? Because Fluoride doesn't exist.

There's Lithium Fluoride, Sodium Fluoride, Iron Fluoride, Potassium Fluoride but no "Fluoride" on it's own.

PVS

Deano, I did hear a conspiracy once that flouride does nothing to fight tooth decay, but it does make your teeth highly visible to detection via satellite... Big Brother...

flouride is only beneficial when applied topically and useless when injested. polluting the water supply with it does nothing besides put people at further risk of cancer and all sorts of other nasty health problems.

Robtard
Because Fluoride doesn't exist.

There's Lithium Fluoride, Sodium Fluoride, Iron Fluoride, Potassium Fluoride but no "Fluoride" on it's own.

You're being anal retentive, you know what Deano's post meant...

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS
flouride is only beneficial when applied topically and useless when injested. polluting the water supply with it does nothing besides put upi at further risk of cancer and all sorts of other nasty health problems.

Like most conspiracy theories, I didn't believe that one either... I was making light humor for Deano since he likes conspiracies.

PVS
Like most conspiracy theories, I didn't believe that one either... I was making light humor for Deano since he likes conspiracies.

without researching, just because deano posted it? then you're an idiot...sorry

lord xyz
You're being anal retentive, you know what Deano's post meant... Okay fine.

Anyway, can't people use other Halogens instead of fluorine?

PVS
the whole issue is entirely shadey. check this article for instance:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/12/AR2005071201277.html

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS
without researching, just because deano posted it? then you're an idiot...sorry

Obviously not Deano's story, the flouride being used as a tracking device by 'Big Brother'... What Deano posted originally is not really a conspiracy.

PVS
ok

lord xyz
Originally posted by PVS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/12/AR2005071201277.html Fluorine causes as much cancer as second-hand smoke. ermm

PVS
...................false information kills more brain cells than crack cocaine

lord xyz
Originally posted by PVS
...................false information kills more brain cells than crack cocaine That's funny, because I see Religion and Crack Cocaine as the same thing. laughing out loud

smoker4
That's funny, because I see Religion and Crack Cocaine as the same thing. laughing out loud

Damn im gonna smoke a bible

Quiero Mota
That's funny, because I see Religion and Crack Cocaine as the same thing. laughing out loud

laughing out loud That wasn't bad.

lord xyz
Originally posted by smoker4
Damn im gonna smoke a bible Better than reading it. ermm

Deano
reading it is great. if you understand the true meaning of its words

PVS
i cant stand people that post like they're writing fortune cookies

Nichole
Originally posted by Deano
well i think the thread is about the danger of fluoride. you drink it after all dont you?

I've been drinking fluride in my water for the past 23 years, and I am as right as rain. Nothing to be concern about. wink

PVS
Originally posted by Nichole
I've been drinking fluride in my water for the past 23 years, and I am as right as rain. Nothing to be concern about. wink
assuming that wasnt inappropriate satire:

i have been smoking cigarettes for 15 years. no lung cancer. nothing to worry about.

yeah, ridiculous, huh?

Deano
Originally posted by Nichole

that proves nothing. scientists are actually tryin to prove that fluoride is indeed dangerous, and they have in some respects

Soleran
Originally posted by Deano
that proves nothing. scientists are actually tryin to prove that fluoride is indeed dangerous, and they have in some respects

Did you know drinking to much water at one time can kill you also? Is there anything else here to learn?

PVS
Originally posted by Soleran
Did you know drinking to much water at one time can kill you also? Is there anything else here to learn?

irrelevant. thanks for playing.

Deano
i just dont want harmful chemicals in my food and drink. smile

PVS
especially chemicals which are used improperly, thus not even remotely effective in preventing tooth decay...thats like drinking preparation h to cure hemorrhoids

Deano
http://www.newstarget.com/008511.html
The mass poisoning of humanity: an exploration of human stupidity

''Across the country and around the world, dentists are insisting that we drip fluoride into the public water supply. For what purpose? To protect the teeth? Can you be serious? People are swallowing this liquid. They're not rinsing it in their mouth and spitting it out, they're ingesting it. Now as a result we have fluorosis, and bone disorders that are related to the over-consumption of fluoride''

check that out

Soleran
Thanks for the read and post.

Regardless, scientists can spend any number of hours "trying" something and if they want to they can make numbers look anyway they want to in an attempt to justify their position.

Show me the levels of flouride required to have a signifcant toxic effect on the body as well as the effects of the residual toxicology reports.

I'd like to add also it's such an effective poison that average life span in the last hundred years has what doubled? It's doing a great job at limiting populations and lowering average life expectancies.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I knew all this back in the roaring 90s. Dave Matthews Band told me.

PVS
deano, since you're in a google research mood, look up studies of tooth decay per population of european states which have done away with fluoridizastion of tap water. i had a link a long time ago, and am too lazy to look again. point is its actually no different.

Soleran
Originally posted by PVS
deano, since you're in a google research mood, look up studies of tooth decay per population of european states which have done away with fluoridizastion of tap water. i had a link a long time ago, and am too lazy to look again. point is its actually no different.

Does it matter, Deano isn't presenting this information to show us flouride is ineffective at fighting tooth decay, he's presenting material to say flouride is poison and what kind of message is that attempting to illustrate, certainly not that it's inefective at fighting cavities, huh.

Of course not he flat out quoted someone saying it is linked to higher rates of cancer (with alot of supporting evidence I might add.)

PVS
Does it matter, Deano isn't presenting this information to show us flouride is ineffective at fighting tooth decay, he's presenting material to say flouride is poison and what kind of message is that attempting to illustrate, certainly not that it's inefective at fighting cavities, huh.

you know, you're just killing a valid topic because you dont like the thread starter (neither do i, but thats beside the point). dont make me post this in that special tactics thread

Soleran
I'm not killing a topic, I'm throwing a topic back at the supporters of this nonsense that don't have any real data to support their claims other then flouride is ineffective at fighting tooth decay while stating its poison and kills.

Since you cannot provide supporting evidence to the contrary this is just another lets get worked up about "insert random topic here" thread.

By the way I don't have a problem with Deano just his constant agendas. Which this one in praticular he posted in with a conpiracy thread and is now polluting the GDF with this rubbish.

PVS
I'm not killing a topic, I'm throwing a topic back at the supporters of this nonsense that don't have any real data to support their claims other then flouride is ineffective at fighting tooth decay while stating its poison and kills.

Since you cannot provide supporting evidence to the contrary this is just another lets get worked up about "insert random topic here" thread.

Originally posted by PVS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/12/AR2005071201277.html

forgot to add:
http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/8_15Douglass.html
the investigation, tied up and brushed aside by harvard's investigation team. the case of conflict of interest...

...also brushed aside.
and although the public funded $1.3 million to this study on potential health risks, the final report on the investigation remains classified.

Kinneary
Flouride is poisonous, deadly, and extremely dangerous.

In large amounts. In the amounts you're going to get from drinking water from the tap and eating boiled pasta, no, you're safe. And while the benefits of flouride have not been proven to a T quite yet, the benefits are fairly obvious. All one has to do is live in a country that doesn't use flouride either at the dentist or in the water supply. Here in Japan, most Japanese people have horrible teeth. Yellowed, stained, missing. Notably because they don't use flouride on a wide scale.

And just for some credentials, which I'm certain that I'm probably one of the only people in this topic who has - I'm a dental hygienist/assistant/technician.

debbiejo
I thought fluoride was a by product of aluminum. And aluminum which is also in antiperspirants ., with many, studies have been linked to Alzheimer's.

I try NOT to use fluoride when at all possible.

Kinneary
You DO use flouride. Every day.

Flouride should never be used if not recommended by a dentist outside of standard water treatment. Using, for example, extra flouridated toothpaste or mouthwash could result in the weakening of enamel and discoloration of the teeth. The only time you want to use extra flouride is when you have a high number of cavities and it's due to weak enamel or dentition (I don't remember which, though I think it may even be both).

debbiejo
I don't use it much.........I have well water....that mean NO chlordne either...Which has been linked again in some studies to thyroid problems.

Kinneary
Even if you drink well water, you're still exposed to it. It's in your food, as well.

debbiejo
what foods? confused

I generally eat organic.

Kinneary
You'll find fluoride in most seafood, grape juice, concentrated fruit juice, deboned chicken, soda, and any/all food processed using flouridated water. Which is... most food. Food grown on commercial farms, for example, will have fluoride in them.

PVS
Originally posted by Kinneary
You DO use flouride. Every day.

Flouride should never be used if not recommended by a dentist outside of standard water treatment. Using, for example, extra flouridated toothpaste or mouthwash could result in the weakening of enamel and discoloration of the teeth. The only time you want to use extra flouride is when you have a high number of cavities and it's due to weak enamel or dentition (I don't remember which, though I think it may even be both).

um....i think thats wrong.

tabby999
honestly, in the end if the stuffs bad for people, good on them for taking it out of the water. and all you anal people saying "but you still use toothpaste," i'm sure the amount they ingest daily will go down 90% if its not in all the water they drink.

Soleran
There are no large studies to show a statistical increase in cancer or any illness from flouride.

If there are just show me.

tabby999
and i never said there were, i said "if its bad for people." Either way, its not that big a deal really, so they took Flouride out of the water, if its doing people harm, good on them, if its not but not really doing anything to begin with, good on them.

PVS
There are no large studies to show a statistical increase in cancer or any illness from flouride.

If there are just show me.

There are no large studies to show proof of no statistical increase in cancer or any illness from flouride, except a single study by harvard, tainted by conflict of interest.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
you know, you're just killing a valid topic because you dont like the thread starter (neither do i, but thats beside the point).

thats very hurtful sad

PVS
awwwww.....sad

wait, i dont care

Deano
neither do i. note the sarcasm.

i like you btw

PVS
Originally posted by PVS

wait, i dont care

lets move on, shall we?

Deano
but shoudnt you love your fellow human being?

PVS
unconditionally? no.

Deano
we should. because we are all one conciousness...

PVS
dont kill the topic deano. nobody cares about your fortune cookie rhetoric

Deano
i care

Shakyamunison

PVS
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I drink filtered water.

filtering water does not remove fluoride

Deano
correct!

PVS
stfu!

Deano
ufts!

Kinneary
Originally posted by PVS
um....i think thats wrong.
It's not. Take it from someone who actually went to dental school, who works in a dental clinic, and has 5 doctors as a reference for his posts here.

PVS
well, that must be true....since you're from the internet and all

PVS
Flouride should never be used if not recommended by a dentist outside of standard water treatment.

perhaps i just mistook this statement to mean:

Flouride should never be used if not recommended by a dentist

if this is the case, please clarify.

Kinneary
That's not the case. My first quote is correct.

PVS
ill stand corrected...but then what do you mean by that statement? please elaborate.

"Flouride should never be used if not recommended by a dentist outside of standard water treatment."

i cant help but take your sentence to mean:

fluoride used in standard water treatement is ok, but using toothpaste with fluoride is unwise unless recommended by a dentist.

im sure its just a misunderstanding, so again please elaborate

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
filtering water does not remove fluoride

So, I'm going to die? eek!

Kinneary
Originally posted by PVS
ill stand corrected...but then what do you mean by that statement? please elaborate.

"Flouride should never be used if not recommended by a dentist outside of standard water treatment."

i cant help but take your sentence to mean:

fluoride used in standard water treatement is ok, but using toothpaste with fluoride is unwise unless recommended by a dentist.

im sure its just a misunderstanding, so again please elaborate
Read the rest of my post.

PVS
i did read it

i've never seen extra fluoride toothpaste.
soooo, im ok if i just use regular fluoride toothpaste?

debbiejo

If there are just show me. The dentist always tells us not to swallow the fluoride ........It can lead to death in small children..

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
filtering water does not remove fluoride certain distilled water systems does though........Which I have btw... big grin

I also heard that some parts of California banned it from the drinking supply.

Kinneary
Originally posted by PVS
i did read it

i've never seen extra fluoride toothpaste.
soooo, im ok if i just use regular fluoride toothpaste?
Yes. When I say 'unless recommended by a dentist' I'm referring to fluoride mouth rinses, tablets, or prescription toothpaste.

PVS
Yes. When I say 'unless recommended by a dentist' I'm referring to fluoride mouth rinses, tablets, or prescription toothpaste.

oh ok. then my apologies
thanks

redcaped
wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.