ZOMBIE by Lucio Fulci

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LaHaine
To me, it's called simply "Zombie" because it's the ultimate zombie flick. Full of gore, guts, and perfectly composed zombies. Almost like they found the most ****ed up looking crackheads they could find, and then slopped on the corpse effects, which made it all the more effective.

The story is good. I don't know why, but the doctor in the film is very imporessive in his role.. Slowly going insane having to shoot good friends after they 'turn'.

Some people believe Zombie (aka Zombi II) ripped off Dawn of the Dead (released elsewhere as Zombi). I disagree. This film was made even before Dawn of the Dead, but released soon after to help cash in. Some people say it's a lame attempt at a sequel, but I'd have to say it'd be much better as a prequel if you insist to categorize this artistic piece with the Romero series.

All in all, I believe Fulci is the zombie film king. Romero just doesn't cut it when compared to him.

Zombie ****ing rules. If you haven't seen it, don't bother renting it -- BUY IT.

Konjammenson
Anytime you have a zombie doing something like fighting a shark, you have gold.

I did not rip off Dawn of the Dead but it was released in response to it. It is not a prequel. The title of the film varies by what country you are in. Its Zombi II in Italy and Zombi in the US. Some companies have released the series in the US with the title Zombi II with Zombi I being Dawn of the Dead. It gets rediculous but the bottom line is: Fulci rules.

I believe Romero is king of zombie flicks and Fulci is in a different class. However, in general Fulci > Romero. If you don't know fulci's work then dig it up please.

LaHaine
Originally posted by Konjammenson
If you don't know fulci's work then dig it up please.

my point exactly.
people should not consider themselves fans of the genre if they haven't seen any of fulci's films.

to any newbie fools, i suggest:
zombie
the beyond
cat on the brain

Konjammenson
Don't forget The House by the Cemetary. Thats the first Fulci film I ever saw and I was hooked to his work.

Zilverz
cat on the brain isnt available in the US

Kryzula
I thought the shark scene was amusing! XD
I've seen quite a few of his films. I'm not really a fan of his... but he's a decent gore director. I think House by the cemetery is his best.

He has atrocious dubbing in a lot of his movies unfortunately... =(

~ Kryzula

LaHaine
Originally posted by Zilverz
cat on the brain isnt available in the US

why is that?

you can order it on amazon.com

Deano
cat in the brain aint that good. just got tons of gore

Konjammenson
Originally posted by Kryzula
He has atrocious dubbing in a lot of his movies unfortunately... =(
This is true but it all adds to the effect, in a way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.