Superman (DC) vs Horus (40k)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Superman (dc)
at normal power levels

versus

Horus (warhammer 40'000)
at full power levels (with chaos god's empowering him)

Endless Mike
Uh..... Superman gets his mind liquified and his soul shredded to ribbons and cast into the Warp for all eternity?

Honestly, Superman isn't the right kind of guy to put against someone like Horus.

Now if you picked Doctor Strange, then we would have a fight on our hands.

Dinkus Mayhem
Now if you picked Doctor Strange, then we would have a fight on our hands.

no

Read and accept the power of Dr. Strange

MattDay
superman will beat anyone from 40k none of them are powerful to his level to bash someone with invulnerability that superman possesses, i used to play 40k a lot and none even entered my mind as a good opponent for most high tier heroes and villains, shoot urself

Thanos_THOTU
Horus <Hoarakhiti> means the bringer of light (Yes, as in Lucifer - But Egyptish and Latin are not the same).
However he's not so nice in WH40k, in fact he's Abaddon.
Superman would be trashed.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by MattDay
superman will beat anyone from 40k none of them are powerful to his level to bash someone with invulnerability that superman possesses, i used to play 40k a lot and none even entered my mind as a good opponent for most high tier heroes and villains, shoot urself

Someone could just dump him in the Warp where the Chaos Gods would eat his soul.

In 40K, I would say beings like the C'Tan are Herald level, the Emperor is Skyfather level, the Chaos Gods are around the level of Cytorrak or Domammu, etc.

Thanos_THOTU
Abaddon (Horus) with the power of the Void Dragon would be compareable to TOAA/Presence

eleveninches
the only advantage that kalel as is his speed and his invunrability.
Horus was wounded by debris from a crashed spaceship, so he isnt reallly invunerable.

But horus, however, has the warp, which kalel has no resistance to (as he is weak to magic).

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Abaddon (Horus) with the power of the Void Dragon would be compareable to TOAA/Presence

The Void Dragon isn't that powerful.....

Horrificus
C'tan eat "Suns".
Horus is not Abaddon. Abaddon served under Horus, and is now the chief Chaos Space Marine power in existence.
Supuerman would not have any chance against Horus. These guys don'tplay by any rules.
He would have seen into the future, would have knowledge of everything SUpes is going to do in the fight, demonic weapons, and all his psych and sould pounding attacks ready ro roll.
He might even be able to "turn" Superman.
Magic, hundreds of years of war experience, psychic abilities, magic weapons, a high-tech army billions strong and 4 Gods watching his back.

Galvaclaw
Going by Morrison's world war three so can Superman.

Abbadon is Horus' clone. Yet he only has low level Superhuman strength.

Yet it didn't stop the Emperor dropping him. Horus doesn't carry daemon weapons. He has the twin talons of horus with their built in stormbolters. They're not hurting Superman. His Psychic attack powers have a good chance unless Superman uses vastly superior speed.

Doubt it. It didn't work on Sanguinius.

Endless Mike
Yeah, the Emperor beat him by firing a blast 'as concentrated as a laser, as powerful as an exploding sun' point - blank in his face.

Superman couldn't survive that either.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Going by Morrison's world war three so can Superman.

Abbadon is Horus' clone. Yet he only has low level Superhuman strength.

Yet it didn't stop the Emperor dropping him. Horus doesn't carry daemon weapons. He has the twin talons of horus with their built in stormbolters. They're not hurting Superman. His Psychic attack powers have a good chance unless Superman uses vastly superior speed.

Doubt it. It didn't work on Sanguinius.

A bunch of crap. Supes has been on the sun, and actually said that if he stays there any longer, he will break down into Hydrogen.

Abbadon is not his clone. That was just some "possible" fluff that they floated years ago. A lot of the Luna Wolves were almost identical to Horus. But, they were not clones. Have you read the Horus Heresay books yet? They are incredible.

Yes, he did carry demonic weapons.
Wrong, he was armed thus: Talon of Horus, Demonic Terminator Armour, Daemon Mace.
AND the Emperor shredded Horus' soul so there was nothing left even to enter the warp. Nothing left of it.

Sanguinius had knowledge of the warp, psychic powers, chaos, possession, etc. It would catch Supes off-guard.

eleveninches
yet i dont really think that the primarchs (or even the emperor) could move OR think at superspeed. Supes can do both

Horrificus
Originally posted by eleveninches
yet i dont really think that the primarchs (or even the emperor) could move OR think at superspeed. Supes can do both

I agree. As much as I think Supes is a "Cheese Character", in a straight up fight, he would probably win.
But, at the same time, the Primarchs have lots of tech, arcana and unbelievably hingh intellect available to them.
With prep, Horus would win.

Thanos_THOTU
Wait... Don't Abaddon absorb the power of the Void dragon and uses it to kill (betray) the chaos God's and the rest of the (C'tan) Stargod's?

eleveninches
In a word.........NO.

ThePittman
Sup is F*CKED big time

ThePittman

Horrificus

ExtraMision5555
Since were on topic, anyone recommend a good 40k book? been looking for one.

off topic-

who is the DC character that KINDA looks like this http://www.avengersassemble.us/images/Genis.jpg
but his skin is like blueish, and he has a star on his chest almost identical to that one.
i forge this name, what is it?
( i realize that is genis but the guy im thinking of i cant rmemebr his name)

or does genis have an incarnation where hes light blueish? hah

i wonder. Is it genis?
i just realized i basicly descried genis. lol

well is their anyone ELSE that also has that star on thier chest?

ThePittman
A squad of Grey Knights would take him out as well, combined with their psychic abilities and their amour that would put Iron Man and Dr. Doom to shame and to top it off all the magic runes.

Galvaclaw
Superman does have impressive psy resistance. Also seeing as a Las cannon can drop them in one shot, heat vision will make short work of them.

ThePittman

Endless Mike
The Emperor also froze time once

Horrificus
Anybody that thinks Supes can resist the psy stuff in 40K is sadly mistaken. The stuff they deal with, level of powers, access to warp enhancement and entities, technology... good God. Plus, all kinds of time game stuff, plague-play. Weapons that use darkness, empty voids, portals, gravity. Weapons that will literally knock the sould right out of you.
It aint like the sissified DC U or Marvel U.
Its 40K, man! And...

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is ONLY war.

Hehe.
And, There are tons of characters and armor types that can stand up to Las Cannon. It has taken orbital strike Plasma-Battery fire a half-mile wide to temporarily kill a Great Unclean One.
This ain't no place for pretty uniforms and shiny spandex.

Horrificus
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Since were on topic, anyone recommend a good 40k book? been looking for one.

off topic-

who is the DC character that KINDA looks like this http://www.avengersassemble.us/images/Genis.jpg
but his skin is like blueish, and he has a star on his chest almost identical to that one.
i forge this name, what is it?
( i realize that is genis but the guy im thinking of i cant rmemebr his name)

or does genis have an incarnation where hes light blueish? hah

i wonder. Is it genis?
i just realized i basicly descried genis. lol

well is their anyone ELSE that also has that star on thier chest?

I think you are referring to Captain Atom, or maybe even Major Force.
Both bad as hell.

And, I just got done reading the second book of the Horus Heresy trilogy.
Incredible read.
The Last Chancers books are great too.
But, my favorite are the ones dealing with Eisenhorn and other Inquisitors. The Eisenhorn books are awesome.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Horrificus
I think you are referring to Captain Atom, or maybe even Major Force.
Both bad as hell.

And, I just got done reading the second book of the Horus Heresy trilogy.
Incredible read.
The Last Chancers books are great too.
But, my favorite are the ones dealing with Eisenhorn and other Inquisitors. The Eisenhorn books are awesome.

@@!!
double answer
thankyou, very very, very much

ThePittman

Horrificus
I was thinking of reading Realm of Chaos.

Galvaclaw
Although their not 40k My favourite was always the Konrad trilogy.

Yes it does. Grey Knight terminators have exactly the same physical stats as normal terminators. A las cannon shot or two will drop them.

Are we aloud to just make stuff up now? I've read the Grey Knight novel and played the game for three years. They don't have any psychic abilities of that level. Even Inquisitors like Eisenhorn are low level.

I have the codex on me and they don't have any of those abilities. Most daemon hunter abilties focus on fighting daemons and psykers not Kryptonians.

Back to the argument at hand. Superman is stronger and faster than Horus by a large degree. Horus has high level psychic powers which can drop Superman. Whoever goes first will win. Given Supermans faster reflexes he takes the majority. Supes 7/10

ThePittman

Tassadar
Supes gets sent to the warp.

ThePittman

Galvaclaw
To my Knowledge only Abbadon's sword has that ability within current 40K rules. various Daemon wepons have different effects now.

Also changed. It's entirely possible to destroy a daemon using normal weapons.

Thanos_THOTU
Abaddon's sword is Drach'nyen - Remember it.
Ehh . . . What's the rules of the weapon?

ThePittman
To my Knowledge only Abbadon's sword has that ability within current 40K rules. various Daemon wepons have different effects now.

Also changed. It's entirely possible to destroy a daemon using normal weapons. Damn, a lot has changed since I started playing back in high school 16 years ago. I started playing Warhammer when it first came to the US and probably one of the few that played Warhammer FRP, I even created my own version to play a 40K role play version. However with the backing of the Chaos Gods he still would wipe the floor with him, without it then the Speed Blitz would take care of him unless he started of with Void shields.

Galvaclaw
I know but damned if I was going to try and spell it.

I havn't played for over a year. But as I remember it auto wounds and auto kills. It ignores armour saves but not invulnerable ones. He's a real pain to fight he he had a good chance of dropping my tricked out blood angels commander.

Horrificus
Although their not 40k My favourite was always the Konrad trilogy.

Yes it does. Grey Knight terminators have exactly the same physical stats as normal terminators. A las cannon shot or two will drop them.

Are we aloud to just make stuff up now? I've read the Grey Knight novel and played the game for three years. They don't have any psychic abilities of that level. Even Inquisitors like Eisenhorn are low level.

I have the codex on me and they don't have any of those abilities. Most daemon hunter abilties focus on fighting daemons and psykers not Kryptonians.

Back to the argument at hand. Superman is stronger and faster than Horus by a large degree. Horus has high level psychic powers which can drop Superman. Whoever goes first will win. Given Supermans faster reflexes he takes the majority. Supes 7/10

First of all, I wasn't just talking about the Imperium. I was talking about all the armies. And, yes, some of them do dwarf Professor X and Jean Grey. Plus, unlike in the MU, the guys go through a lifetime of testing among tons of different areas, in an establishment that has been doing it for 30 some thousand years. Then, they get hundreds of years of experience.
Eisenhorn is not nearly in the league of the "most powerful". I never said he was.
And, that is not even talking about the Eldar, the Chaos Champions, Greater Demons etc. And, I wasn't just talking about the Demon Hunter army. That is just one.
Grey Knights have special saves that "regulars" don't have.
Played for 3 years huh? Wow. Ever hear of the Void Cannon? Eldar. Gravitic Weapons? Squats, soon to be the Demiurge. And, don't even get me started with the ways to banish people into the Warp through portals and stuff.

Horrificus
Demons can be hit with regular stuff, but they have second, invulnerable saves.
Thats not even talking about the bigger, badder demons.

Anaconda King
i gess superman

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Anaconda King
i gess superman

me too, although Abbadon would be a different story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.