Your Most Dramatic Movie Shots you've ever seen on Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Think of inspiration in terms of the scene and the music that went along with the scene or it could've just been visual shot:

My picks of the top of my head, are:

- In the Empire Strikes Back when Yoda lifted Lukes' starfigher ship out of the swamp along with the theme song that went with it. Very inspiring.

- In pt 1 when Spiderman dives of that building, rescues Mary Jane, swings through NY all the way to dropping her off on that roof. I consider that scene the most ideal superhero rescue i've ever seen on film. The song matched perfectly with the rescue, as well. It sounded heavenly..like angels or something. Like Spiderman came from the sky to rescue her, hehe.

- the LOTR: The Two Towers. The beginning during that sweeping scene of the ice capped moutians with the sun gleaming with the theme song, aw man, beautiful stuff. And the end where the camera slowly rises over jagged mountains and shows the land of Mordor and the ominous yet angelic hum of a female songstress. With a gigantic lightning bolt striking the volcano. wow

- Bruce Willis's end in Armageddon when he sacrificed himself and saw his life flash before his eyes along with the song. whoa.

- In Titanic, when the ship sank but when it sank as it showed the "Titanic" name on the back of the ship. For some specific reason i can't verbalize, that exact shot was profound in so many ways.

- Batman pt 1. The ending where Batman was on top of the edge of a high rise, cape swinging in the night breeze in slo mo, Bat-sign in the sky/clouds and the song was perfect, too. It was the ultimate superhero ending, to me.

lol those are my picks, for now.

SelphieT
One scene that really got to me was on House of 1000 Corpses where Otis shoots the deputy in the head, and how they just zoomed out and made it really long.

forumcrew
Crash, when ryan phillipe picked up the hitch hiker and he went to pull the statue of it hink st vincent out of his pocket, and it cuts to outside behind the car and you just see the flash from the gun and here the "pop" as he shoots him thinking hes pulling a weapon on him. this was a powerfull scene in the movie and the way it was done was excellent.

Kid Kurdy
- The end of Runaway Train

- The climax in Mount Doom - LOTR : Return of the King

- The last scene of The Iron Giant

- The scene when Harvey Keitel is browsing through his photo album (together with William Hurt) - Smoke

- The death of Li Mu Bai - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

- the "King Kong beats up a few dinosaurs" scene - King Kong

- Beginning of Saving Private Ryan

- The wine dialogue in Sideways

Roland
LOTR: The Two Towers when Aragorn and the remaining survivors of Helms Deep charge out and start fighting the Orc's then he looks to the East and Gandalf is there. All the Orcs look over and Gandalf comes charging down the hill with the thousands of men.

Deep Impact the scene where the women and her dad (who she has a rocky relationship with) hug each other and die from the tidal wave. Also when the astronauts fly into the meteor/asteroid, killing themselves to save earth.

Requiem for a Dream the ending.

The Last Samurai when Algren helps Katsumoto perform hari-kari and Katsumoto sees all the cherry blossoms floating in the wind and he says "Perfect... They are all... perfect..."

Platoon when Elias is shot by Barnes but then as they're leaving they see him running from the enemy, then is shot and falls to his knees with his arms going up to the sky.

Solo
Each of the scenes with the following dialogue:
Requiem for a Dream - "She's not coming."
Out of the Past - "Was he leaving with her?"
Jackie Brown - "What the **** happened to you, man?"
Mulholland Drive - "He's the one who's doing it. I can see him through the wall."

Ultraman Baltan
Last scene in the new "King Kong" where the big guy dies. Damn.

Spartan005
The end of Star Wars Episode III after Anakin gets his legs chopped off.... and Obi Wan says "I loved you" after Anakin saying "I hate you" ... the whole way they shot that scene was incredible

Strangelove
Originally posted by Spartan005
The end of Star Wars Episode III after Anakin gets his legs chopped off.... and Obi Wan says "I loved you" after Anakin saying "I hate you" ... the whole way they shot that scene was incredible When Obi-Wan is lamenting Anakin's lapse into the dark side, I got a little teary because his pain is very raw. Plus, because i'm studying political science, the whole movie has a sort of significance

forumcrew
keeping it on ep III and poli sci when natalie portman had her line "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

SheWants
The opening scene to I AM CUBA or LA DOLCE VITA.

SpaceMonkey
The Carbon Freezing of Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back. Everything about that scene is awesome!! Boba Fett getting his gun pushed down by Vader and then Fett looks at Vader like saying, " What the f***?". Chewie tossing Stormtroopers like children and Han having to calm him down. The whole, "I love you" "I know" moment with the music blaring!! Awesome!

The scene in Rocky 3 where Rocky and Apollo are racing on the beach in slow motion and the sun is to their right.... looks great!!

Rapscallion
for me it's the shot in saving private ryan just after you see the bodies under water get shot, where it is a shot from behind of a soldier carrying his friend up to the beach. the camera bobs up and down in the water, each time it goes under it is totally silent, then it comes back up and there is an erruption of noise. gunfire, explosions and screaming. an image of love and comraderie surrounded by violence and hate. stunning.

coolmovies
The end of E.T

Rapscallion
wait.. is this favorite shots or favorite scenes?

Ultraman Baltan
The end of "Ladder 49" was really tear-jerking.

FistOfThe North
Yea I would say Obi Wan's breakdown in episode III. My throat did kinda tighten up and I think i i had something in my eye, maybe dust particles but that part was definitely moving. The Jedi slaughter also moving.

Another scene I thought intensely dramatic was at the end of "The Champ" with that boxer and that "Silver Spoons" kid on the floor with the little tyke crying his eyeballs out as the champ died after that fight. That movie attracted the most eye particles of any movie I can remember, for me.

BackFire
Paths of Glory - When the woman is singing at the end and all of the soldiers sing with her, so so moving.

Bocaj
Lord of the rings: return of the king
Where pippin is singing and it's switching back and forth between the guy eating and Gandalf saving the soldiers of Gondor

V for Vendetta
The scene where the cop asks evey who V was and she gives the long response I liked the line cant remember it though

King Kong
one of my favorite scenes ever where the reporters are everywhere and
denham walks up as one of the guys says "The planes got him." Denham simply says "No, t'was beauty killed the beast.

High plains drifter
When he's talking to Mordecai at the end and mordecai says: I never did know your name. and the stranger responds:Yes, you do. and he begins to ride off on his horse as the camera zooms in on a tombstone of the sheriff who was murdered. By the men the stranger was hired to kill.

pr1983
li's death in crouching tiger... i so wanted it to have a happy ending...

planes, trains and automobiles... the scene i have quoted in my sig about how john candy is just a decent guy and he's never gonna change...

and the scene in the same movie where candy tells the truth about his wife being dead and him having no home... t'was so sad...

Obi-Wan's breakdown at the end of Episode III... i'm a huge fan of alec guinness, but ewan mcgregor deserves massive praise... awesome, it was so brilliantly done...

han solo in esb... that whole scene in the carbon freezing chamber...

"no, i am your father" honestly, one of cinema's greatest moments ever...

luke saying goodbye to his father in return of the jedi, then how sorrow turns to happiness when the 3 jedi appear to him at the end...

private ryan's beach scene... brilliantly done...

mufasa's death in the lion king...

baloo in jungle book... i thought he was a goner for sure...

picard losing the rag in star trek: first contact in the scene with lily... for such a reserved character it was something... and im not even a huge picard fan...

now, there is one, and i dunno if anyone agrees with me, but in sw ep3, when yoda is fighting the emperor, and yoda is blocking the force lightning, and just that shot with yoda's eyes as he starts to push the lighting back... the 'you're not gonna beat me' look on his face... for one moment i actually wished the ot didnt exist and yoda could take that f*cker down... for me its the best example of cgi in cinema, ever... and has more emotion than any cgi character has any right to display...

and i grew up watching the ot... i'll never prefer the pt over the ot... but yeah, t'was a moment of weakness...

Robby001
I would have to say the last fifteen minutes of, The Last of the Mohican's. Tragic but has some beautiful views.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Robby001
I would have to say the last fifteen minutes of, The Last of the Mohican's. Tragic but has some beautiful views.

I'll agree with that- the most dynamic part of the film in my opinion.

sithsaber408
Schindlers List:

When Oskar Schindler breaks down at the end of the film, saying how he could have done more, could have saved one more person, and didn't do enough.

Then Ben Kingsley told him: "You did so much." and the way that all of the Jewish people look at him with thanks and respect.....

damn, now I'm gonna cry.

Robby001
Yeah that was a powerful scene...thumbup

Vim
One that really punched me in the gut, not so much as in "spectacular scene wise" was the whole speech in The Matrix before Morpheus gave Neo the choice between the pills. Because every word he said hit me on so many levels, because it was how I had been feeling my whole life... So it was pretty weird... especially "Like a splinter in your mind..." whew gave me chills...

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Schindlers List:

When Oskar Schindler breaks down at the end of the film, saying how he could have done more, could have saved one more person, and didn't do enough.

Then Ben Kingsley told him: "You did so much." and the way that all of the Jewish people look at him with thanks and respect.....

damn, now I'm gonna cry.

I swear to you my eyes were bursting with tears during that scene. There have been two films that made me really cry hard. Schindler's List and Amistad....Spielberg drama films really get to me.

Strangelove
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King: Theoden's death

Schindler's List: The scene already mentioned and the final scene where the descendants place stones on his grave

Ladder 49: Final scene with the song "Shine Your Light"

Click: Despite the rest of the movie, the scene where Adam's character dies almost made me cry

Rapscallion
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Schindlers List:

try like that entire movie

wow. pretty unbelievable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.