All the King's Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Synopsis (courtesy Movies.com): This adaptation of the Robert Penn Warren novel follows a Southern politician, Willie Stark (Sean Penn), who abandons his ideals in pursuit of political power. Stark eventually becomes governor, which puts his life at risk.

Cast: Sean Penn (Academy Award Winner), Jude Law (Academy Award Nominee), Kate Winslet (Academy Award Nominee), James Gandolfini (3-time Emmy Award Winner), Patricia Clarkson (2-time Emmy Award Winner), Mark Ruffalo (Tony Award Nominee), Anthony Hopkins (Academy Award Winner)

Dost thou sense a pattern with the cast list?

Anyway, as I get increasingly interesting in politics (political science is my minor), I become more and more interested in this movie. It's based on the 1946 book of the same same, which was made into a film once before in 1949 (Which won Best Picture in the 1950 Oscars). However, this movie is not based on the '49 movie, but on the book itself (Bravo, a much better decision).

This film is already getting buzz as an Oscar favorite.

Solo
I think it looks pretty awful.

AstroFan
Sean's character annoys the hell out of me. erm

Mr Parker
sounds like a great flick,will have to check it out.

bakerboy
Yeah, looks great. And what a cast( penn, hopkins, winslet, law, gandolfinni, clarkson, ruffallo, etc). Its a remake of the movie of the same title starring Broderick Crawford and Mercedes Mcrambrige in 1949. It was a great movie too.

bakerboy
And it will be release on 22 september, this friday.

Mr Parker
yeah another movie coming out that also has quite an all star cast.definetely going to see this one.Im a huge fan of Kate Winslet.

Solo
The usual generic oscar bait, it's beginning to get terrible reviews, by the way.

Strangelove
Originally posted by bakerboy
Yeah, looks great. And what a cast( penn, hopkins, winslet, law, gandolfinni, clarkson, ruffallo, etc). Its a remake of the movie of the same title starring Broderick Crawford and Mercedes Mcrambrige in 1949. It was a great movie too. It's based on the book, remember. Not the movie. The director of this has actually never seen the 1949 version.

fantasygirl
I've heard of it but don't even know what's it about though.

fantasygirl
But I'll check it out. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.