Asgard evolved...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
So I see they're bringing the rainbow bridge gang back, which I think is great. But from what I've heard(read) it's going to be the "Donald Blake" version of Thor minus the thorspeak, which I think is bad, very bad. Not the "minus thorspeak" part, but I will miss it ("....on the day the lion falls to the jackal", that stuff was great). But the old Donald Blake era, they should let it go....it's done....it served it's purpose, time to move on.

And moving on is what I thought the last story of Asgard was all about. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Thor discover the cause of the RAGNAROK curse and put an end to it. And aren't they the Asgardians supposed to be reborn, you know stronger, faster, better than before, able to smite as smiting(?) was never done before?

The way I see it, and hopefully you LORDS OF MARVEL (the ones who really dwell above in shadow) will catch wind of this and give it strong consideration wink , I see this:

Power/energy can not be destroyed-withmesofar-the Odin force with Thor was/is a whole lot of it.
Odin had/has tremendous will power as did/does Thor, loki and some others of their ilk.

Now all that power, odin force coupled with the runes kinda mixes with the spirits/wills of the strongest Asgardians, kinda shapes and molds each other until you have....dadadaaaaa!

The true Gods of Asgard- or whatever -

Odin....is now truly omnipotent (has full odin power -power cosmic and total magic-runes)

Thor...a lesser version of pops...channels power through mjolnir, the hammer is NOT the power source but Thor is. -ya see the upgrade?-

And this theme could continue through the others. Also now they are true immortals, no more of this EXTREMELY LONG LIVED crap.

Now with such upgrades our buddy Thor would be a wee bit too powerful to run around with the Avengers, so the writers will have to be more creative as to how to make challenges (which are consistent) befitting his ascended status.

Well I could really go on and on with plots and storyline ideas but I'm not going to.

This to me is one way of keeping one of my favorite characters fresh without having to suffer through tortuously PIS storylines/villans (ie. the bombardiers, locutus, mongoose, need I go on?).

So until the toad tongue whips Galactus...make my marvel.

Grimm22
I cant wait to see Ult. Asgard big grin

No stupid rainbow bridge, YAY! stick out tongue

tru-marvell
Yeah I guess having a whole freakin' world floating over your heads could lead to some new story lines. Let's see first the gov't will have something to say, then some would be earthy conquerer....Well we'll just have to wait and see. Here's to hoping for the best yet to come Happy Dance

redcaped
It has always been Thor's might without the hammer...merely a gift from Odin. Mjolnir is the key access for Blake to Thor on Earth.

redcaped
And also I'd like to state that the inscription on the hammer was meant to work just once. Donald Blake was the man to become the immortal Thor that day to ever last. Everything we heard or read from comics after that was wrong...no one but Blake should be Thor or possess Thor's might. Before Thor owned the hammer he probably didn't have access to storms and weather but he was already strong. Just my opinion.

redcaped
Even as Donald Blake he is not entirely mortal anymore after the day he became Thor. It is already within him and cannot be tear unless Odin wants it. I support the idea of reprint and remodel the first comics...the rest is totally wrong.

tru-marvell
Thor was definitly strong before he was given the hammer and even now without it his physical strength would not diminish, but he wouldn't have the powers he displays, he would just be a very strong Asgardian.

I just want an end to the old (but good) storylines of "Odinsleep" "ragnarok", and the such. And it just makes since to have Odin in full controle of all the asgardian powers available.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by tru-marvell
So I see they're bringing the rainbow bridge gang back, which I think is great. But from what I've heard(read) it's going to be the "Donald Blake" version of Thor minus the thorspeak, which I think is bad, very bad. Not the "minus thorspeak" part, but I will miss it ("....on the day the lion falls to the jackal", that stuff was great). But the old Donald Blake era, they should let it go....it's done....it served it's purpose, time to move on.

And moving on is what I thought the last story of Asgard was all about. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Thor discover the cause of the RAGNAROK curse and put an end to it. And aren't they the Asgardians supposed to be reborn, you know stronger, faster, better than before, able to smite as smiting(?) was never done before?

The way I see it, and hopefully you LORDS OF MARVEL (the ones who really dwell above in shadow) will catch wind of this and give it strong consideration wink , I see this:

Power/energy can not be destroyed-withmesofar-the Odin force with Thor was/is a whole lot of it.
Odin had/has tremendous will power as did/does Thor, loki and some others of their ilk.

Now all that power, odin force coupled with the runes kinda mixes with the spirits/wills of the strongest Asgardians, kinda shapes and molds each other until you have....dadadaaaaa!

The true Gods of Asgard- or whatever -

Odin....is now truly omnipotent (has full odin power -power cosmic and total magic-runes)

Thor...a lesser version of pops...channels power through mjolnir, the hammer is NOT the power source but Thor is. -ya see the upgrade?-

And this theme could continue through the others. Also now they are true immortals, no more of this EXTREMELY LONG LIVED crap.

Now with such upgrades our buddy Thor would be a wee bit too powerful to run around with the Avengers, so the writers will have to be more creative as to how to make challenges (which are consistent) befitting his ascended status.

Well I could really go on and on with plots and storyline ideas but I'm not going to.

This to me is one way of keeping one of my favorite characters fresh without having to suffer through tortuously PIS storylines/villans (ie. the bombardiers, locutus, mongoose, need I go on?).

So until the toad tongue whips Galactus...make my marvel.

Marvels gonna drop the ball yes

By The Way Asgard over America was done when Thor was King Thor. eek!

redcaped
The hammer thing happened once...no more...no other wielders!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.