Canada

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nogoodnamesleft
So what do you like and not like about this country? What do you think of it? Also, I don't mind if you insult us, but if ur going to then plz say something original instead of "they're not a real country".

Lyna303
ermm...i like the edmonton mall...confused

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I like the fact that most of the Canadians I meet are stupid idiots, but in a good way. As opposed to most of the Americans I meet who are just stupid idiots.

I said "most", not "all".

PVS
whob is canadian? why isnt he banned?

RZA
Is this yet another appearance by whobdamandog himself?

Hey whob for good old times sake, show us the Gary Coleman AV again please...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't know if it is, this guy has been around for nearly a month. Lurking. Watching. Waiting for that moment, then...

Ugh, if PVS thinks it's the whob, then it probably is. Those two have some kind of kinky symbiosis going on.

FeceMan
Canada still doesn't have a girlfriend.

Lyna303
Originally posted by FeceMan
Canada still doesn't have a girlfriend.
who is America's girlfriend? confused

FeceMan
Originally posted by Lyna303
Britain, I'd presume.

Lyna303
Britain, I'd presume.
shifty whose the girl?

FeceMan
shifty whose the girl?
OHHH SNAP

Lyna303
OHHH SNAP
hahah...laughing

Lyna303
i was just joking of course wink

FeceMan
Yes, we know.

Lyna303
Yes, we know.
didn't want to offend anybody...

Smallville
Canada has some pretty hot chicks. And it HAD me for 21 years. So that in itself made Canada great.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
didn't want to offend anybody...

I'm offended by your explicitness, so that didn't work.

Nogoodnamesleft
Britain, I'd presume.

Dude, sick. Britain is America's mom. I hope they don't produce any countries together sick

Nichole
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
So what do you like and not like about this country? What do you think of it? Also, I don't mind if you insult us, but if ur going to then plz say something original instead of "they're not a real country".

I love that Canada has stood up for equal rights for gays and lesbians. I would love to go to Canada, to see this wonderful country that does not judge a person on their sexual preference. I have a friend who visited Canada a few months ago, and he said he loved it, and would love to return. smile

BackFire
I like Canada, they've been the butt of some really funny jokes, and their girls are very hot and often slutty, plus the age of consent is 16, what's not to like?

Quiero Mota

Definately Japan. Americans are materialistic and love showing off eye-catchy posessions made in Japan like watches, cars and flashy electronics. Much the sameway an American dude shows off his hot Japanese girlfriend to all his envious homies.

Originally posted by BackFire
I like Canada, they've been the butt of some really funny jokes

Funny jokes is also something seemingly endless that Poland has given to the World.

lord xyz
Britain, I'd presume. Mexico

Dude, sick. Britain is America's mom. I hope they don't produce any countries together sick Britian's America's mum? Nice. cool

*slaps all Americans and tells them to do their homework*

http://www.globalchicago.org/files/graphics/map/world.jpg

This is what the world really looks like.

Soleran
and its good to know canada is our slapping doll

King_Mungi
You gotta respect Canada for our inventions:
1. http://inventors.about.com/od/cstartinventions/a/Canadian.htm
2. http://www3.sympatico.ca/taniah/Canada/things/

Famous Canadians:
http://www.canadians.ca/

smoker4
Originally posted by King_Mungi
You gotta respect Canada for our inventions:
1. http://inventors.about.com/od/cstartinventions/a/Canadian.htm
2. http://www3.sympatico.ca/taniah/Canada/things/

Famous Canadians:
http://www.canadians.ca/

Thank you for Neil Young and Leonard Cohen. the rest you can keep!

http://positiveposition.com/blogpics/saddam.png wink

Slyððering
I like Canada, they've been the butt of some really funny jokes, and their girls are very hot and often slutty, plus the age of consent is 16, what's not to like?

It used to be 14, w/ parent's consent.... sick

Originally posted by smoker4
Thank you for Neil Young and Leonard Cohen. the rest you can keep!

http://positiveposition.com/blogpics/saddam.png wink

laughing out loud

debbiejo
I love Canada, well not the boring parts after you get out of Windsor....But Toronto is cool...........I also like how they say "aboot and eh".............I used to have many friends there, and I started to pick up the "eh".....I hear Montreal is a real drag (french land want to be)..lol

Good people there! Would love to visit Calgary!! Great White North eh??

Well they claim Santa lives there....

Kinneary
Originally posted by lord xyz
Mexico
No, Mexico's the crazy ex-girlfriend. Japan or maybe Australia have that honor now.

As for Canada, it's okay. I have no real desire to go there, though. Seems to me it's probably a lot like northern America, just with more maple syrup.

debbiejo
Dude, sick. Britain is America's mom. I hope they don't produce any countries together sick laughing out loud

Oh so true.........Be nice to mom...

Who's the daddy??? confused

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
laughing out loud

Oh so true.........Be nice to mom...

Who's the daddy??? confused

France?

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kinneary
No, Mexico's the crazy ex-girlfriend. Japan or maybe Australia have that honor now.

As for Canada, it's okay. I have no real desire to go there, though. Seems to me it's probably a lot like northern America, just with more maple syrup.

Umm what??

Is it because of the igloo's and polar bears?

Debbiejoe, Montreal as a city is great, its one of the most happening bar, fashion, restaurants scenes in North America. It's pretty funny that most of the tourists in Montreal are American frat boys.

Are do you mean Quebec?

Impediment

16, you say? eek! The beer isn't bad, either. Although, Heineken is still the best, IMO. Is it true that a lot of Canadans say "a-boot" instead of "about"? Or is that just another stereotype?

RZA
Originally posted by Smasandian
Debbiejoe, Montreal as a city is great, its one of the most happening bar, fashion, restaurants scenes in North America. It's pretty funny that most of the tourists in Montreal are American frat boys.

Yeah, I've been to Montreal. I thought it was great. Beautiful city with lots of fun things to do. There seemed to be an ice cream shop and coffee shop on every corner. They also have a mall that's completely underground and an amusement park called La Ronde. Plus lots of hot french Canadian chicks. There's also a pretty kickin night life scene and they're a lot less up tight about sex.

Negative is there's like 10 months of freezing winter cold. Meh...give and take I suppose.

Kinneary
Umm what??

Is it because of the igloo's and polar bears?

Are do you mean Quebec?
No, just generally. I don't have anything against it, but there's no major urge pushing me to go. I thought Japan would be an awesome place to live, but 6 months after I got here it was pretty much just like "Okay, Japan. Ready to leave." Even when I go to NYC, I'm ready to leave after a couple of weeks.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
France? Isn't that the antichrist??? eek!

Say it's not true.

Fishy
Originally posted by Impediment
16, you say? eek! The beer isn't bad, either. Although, Heineken is still the best, IMO. Is it true that a lot of Canadans say "a-boot" instead of "about"? Or is that just another stereotype?

You Americans have no taste in beer at all.... Canadian beer does rule though big grin

smoker4
Nein, Germania has the best lagers

Fishy
Have you ever had Canadian beer? Then again I may have just loved it because I had american beer/water just a few hours before...

smoker4
Originally posted by Fishy
Have you ever had Canadian beer? Then again I may have just loved it because I had american beer/water just a few hours before...

Have tried Molson (spell?) was nice, i agree American beer is generally poor.

debbiejo
Coors?

That is what we couldn't get here at one time, if not so now...........dunno really know...........I'm not a beer drinker.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by smoker4
Nein, Germania has the best lagers

Europe in general has the best beer.

Lyna303
hmm....beer is gross...

RZA
No way Jose, you're all wrong the best beer is Mejicana all the way baby.

Mexican beer > Europe, Canada, America

Island beer is not bad either, it's kinda like mexican beer

Island Beer > Europe, Canada, America

Hooray Beer!!!!

Lyna303
Originally posted by RZA
No way Jose, you're all wrong the best beer is Mejicana all the way baby.

Mexican beer > Europe, Canada, America

Island beer is not bad either, it's kinda like mexican beer

Island Beer > Europe, Canada, America

Hooray Beer!!!!
isn't there a commercial..."hooray beer" ?

Imperial_Samura
Technically I don't really drink much at all. Never tried Mexican only beer, but Eurpean beer is deffintly leagues ahead of United States beer.

I prefer a good quality wine, or a gin & tonic.

Lyna303
erm...im too young to drink...

Imperial_Samura
erm...im too young to drink...

Don't be in a rush to try it. It isn't in fact that great - well for most part anyway.

RZA
isn't there a commercial..."hooray beer" ?

Yep big grin

link http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7264964&highlight=hooray+beer#post7264964

Lyna303
Don't be in a rush to try it. It isn't in fact that great - well for most part anyway.
yea not really in a rush...ive already tried beer...gross...but never wine or anything like that...
Originally posted by RZA
Yep big grin

link http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7264964&highlight=hooray+beer#post7264964
yea i know what you are talking about...can't watch it right at this moment though....

RZA

Nonsense, this sounds like a response from someone who's never had Crown Royal with Ginger Ale...or a Key West Style Rum Runner or a Mai Thai or a Planter's Punch or...well you get the picture...I could literally go on forever.. embarrasment

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by RZA
Nonsense, this sounds like a response from someone who's never had Crown Royal with Ginger Ale...or a Key West Style Rum Runner or a Mai Thai or a Planter's Punch or...well you get the picture...I could literally go on forever.. embarrasment

Oh, specific drinking occurrences can be really very enjoyable, but in general drinking doesn't do much for me. Usually I am taken by the social atmosphere where drinking occurs (though overly smoky bars aren't that hot) and the positives a good red can add to a superb meal.

RZA
Ahh, I stand corrected. You sir sound like a man who enjoys the finer things in life...

Perhaps a Chardonnay or possibly a White Zinfandel...how about a peach Mimosa instead?

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by RZA
Ahh, I stand corrected. You sir sound like a man who enjoys the finer things in life...

Perhaps a Chardonnay or possibly a White Zinfandel...how about a peach Mimosa instead?

I've never tried a Peach Mimosa, but I know my girl friend likes them.

RZA
Are you coming on to me? confused

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by RZA
Are you coming on to me? confused

Hmmm. Usually when I talk about my girlfriend the implication is there that I most certainly wouldn't be coming onto the person I am talking to about her.

Wishful thinking on your part perhaps? wink

RZA
Perhaps wink big grin no

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by RZA
Perhaps wink big grin no

I know. I just can't help it my posting style is so hard to resist, so magnetic. They should bottle it and sell is as an aphrodisiac.

RZA
I know. I just can't help it my posting style is so hard to resist, so magnetic. They should bottle it and sell is as an aphrodisiac.
laughing thumb up Post of the month, that should go into somebody's sig or profile

((The_Anomaly))
Canada is awesome because we have almost all the perks of the US except without prez. George W. and we have far superior beer.

Humm,what else....we get import stuff and products at the same time as the US (like new electronics etc.) We have a parliment system. (I hate the congress system of government) We are a more chillin country in general. We're cleaner, there is less murder and crime (% wise)

Where the US is the "Clone army" of the world, who prefer to just go bomb people. Canada is like the Jedi "We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers" and like the Jedi, there isn't enough of us to fight a war, but we kick major ass one on one (as Canada has the best trained soldiers, we just lack the funding, mobility, and basically everything, but our soldiers are leet) Oh, unlike the Americans, the world generally loves Canadians. (Americans on the other hand is a FAR different story lol) We are also less fat then the US.

On the downside we pay 14% tax (in Ontario anyways, it used to be 15% sick )

Did I mention our beer is possibly the best in the world?

Quiero Mota
Never tried Mexican only beer

You should.

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Canada has the best trained soldiers

What the f**k?

lil bitchiness
I love Mexican beer! (and I don't generally like most beers)

As for Canada, I believe I shall be migrating there very soon. Of course not loosing my British citizenship, I am hoping to gain a Canadian one.

happy

Soleran
I recommend nitrogen loaded beers.

Hands down the smoothest beers I have ever had!

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You should.

What the f**k?

Yep its true, our soldiers are some of the best trained in the world, we just don't have many of them, because our army is small (and we have basically no technology to compliment the soldiers). But our training programs are some of the best there are. Especially Canada's sharpshooters, they were called into Afghanistan because of they're speciality in sharpshooting, over the US and all the other countries that participated in the Afghan war after 9/11. Canada's always had a well trained military, especially during the World Wars.

We have damn good soldiers, we just don't actually have anything else. which defeats the purpose of training the soldiers as good as we do, but whatever. lol

Quiero Mota
Yep its true, our soldiers are some of the best trained in the world, we just don't have many of them, because our army is small (and we have basically no technology to compliment the soldiers). But our training programs are some of the best there are. Especially Canada's sharpshooters, they were called into Afghanistan because of they're speciality in sharpshooting, over the US and all the other countries that participated in the Afghan war after 9/11. Canada's always had a well trained military, especially during the World Wars.

We have damn good soldiers, we just don't actually have anything else. which defeats the purpose of training the soldiers as good as we do, but whatever. lol

I'm not denying that Canada has some badass soldiers. I just think that calling them the "best" is an overstatment.

((The_Anomaly))
I'm not denying that Canada has some badass soldiers. I just think that calling them the "best" is an overstatment.

Man to man they might be (I'm not including the special divisions of the military, like the Marines etc. JUST the normal infantry) The problem is that man to man, our army is outnumbered by most countries like 5 to 1. So it really doesn't make any difference in the long run. Are they THE best? Hard to say, but even the US military has adopted some of Canada's training systems, and occasionally even have Canadian officers assist in training they're troops. The same goes with Britain.

Quiero Mota
Man to man they might be (I'm not including the special divisions of the military, like the Marines etc. JUST the normal infantry)

Are you talking about US Marines.

Cause if so, they're not special divisions, just amother branch of the Service.

Smasandian
Well we do have some crazy secret op's that are really below the rader in comparision to SEAL's or Delta Force. I think the name is Joint Task Force 2. They're widely unheared of and usually never shown, but I heard that they're bad asses.
For example, the Gov General of Canada (representive to Canada from the Queen) husband, John Saul went to Afghanistein after 9/11. It was a pretty big news story in Canada, but what the reporters didnt know was that all throughout the hills around the hill the guy was on, was covered by these guys. Nonbody saw them at all, until later when somebody leaked the Joint Task Force was protecting the dude. It isnt crazy story, but it was still nuts on how secretive these guys are.

Anyways, the Canadian Armed Force are pretty damn good, the just dont get any respect.

RZA, I think you might be exaggerating a bit about whole cold Montreal is. Its roughly 4 months of below zero temps.

Quiero Mota
Anyways, the Canadian Armed Force are pretty damn good, the just dont get any respect.

That's true.

debbiejo
The Mounties always get their man

Oh, btw way beer tastes like someone threw a bunch of nails in a bucket of water and let it sit for a month........tastes like rusty nail water............blah...

Smasandian
Those type of Mounties with the red shirt and and big hat are long gone.

Most Mounties have bulletproof vests similiar to what regular cops do.

Imperial_Samura
The Mounties always get their man

Oh, btw way beer tastes like someone threw a bunch of nails in a bucket of water and let it sit for a month........tastes like rusty nail water............blah...

And I thought I was the only one who had tried to distill Alcohol from nails and thus knew the taste.

debbiejo
laughing out loud It is true.............it tastes like rusty nail water with foam to make it look pretty....

Fëanor
So what do you like and not like about this country? What do you think of it? Also, I don't mind if you insult us, but if ur going to then plz say something original instead of "they're not a real country". I've always wanted to travel to a foreign country.Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I like the fact that most of the Canadians I meet are stupid idiots, but in a good way. As opposed to most of the Americans I meet who are just stupid idiots.

I said "most", not "all". your data is wrong and corrupted and unjustifiably unbiased and objectionable...we (americans) may be a lot of things, but we're definitely not "stupid"...idiotic yes, but never stupid.

Imperial_Samura
laughing out loud It is true.............it tastes like rusty nail water with foam to make it look pretty....

Apparently, according to my uncle, one of the greatest cultural travesties of our time is the fact Guinness got "watered" down to and the like so it appealed more to the market outside of Ireland.

I can't really comment since I didn't know the Guinness of the past as compared to the Guinness of today.

debbiejo
Nail water!! sick

Imperial_Samura
Nail water!! sick

But at least it would be high in iron.

fionalin7
i have heard a lot of feedbacks that canada is a peacefull place to stay. but the downside is that they treat you in a different way if your not from canada. is this true?

Fëanor
Originally posted by fionalin7
i have heard a lot of feedbacks that canada is a peacefull place to stay. but the downside is that they treat you in a different way if your not from canada. is this true? only if you don't end your convo with "eh".

~Da Moose~
I love Canada, well not the boring parts after you get out of Windsor....But Toronto is cool...........I also like how they say "aboot and eh".............I used to have many friends there, and I started to pick up the "eh".....I hear Montreal is a real drag (french land want to be)..lol

Good people there! Would love to visit Calgary!! Great White North eh??

Well they claim Santa lives there....

Ouch...I live in one of those boring parts out of Windsor...well, closer to London.... cry

Soleran
Are you talking about US Marines.

Cause if so, they're not special divisions, just amother branch of the Service.

Marines are actually considered a special forces unit!

debbiejo
Originally posted by ~Da Moose~
Ouch...I live in one of those boring parts out of Windsor...well, closer to London.... cry I like london. big grin

The boring parts I refer to are the farm lands...with no trees....

Oh, I've been to the Pinery...It's a cool campsite.

~Forever*Alone~
we dont treat people differently just because your from another contry visiting, at least not in my experience.

i love our army, i plan on joining actually, when im out of school.

debbiejo
Hmmmmm why doesn't Canada say much?

Imperial_Samura
Hmmmmm why doesn't Canada say much?

Actually I believe they do, it just doesn't get to US television News much.

But then it doesn't get to Australian news either.

redcaped
Some of the best ebay sellers are Canadians. Have nada to say?

Kinneary
Originally posted by Soleran
Marines are actually considered a special forces unit!
... US Marines? Because if so, then, no. They're not. They're just another branch of the service.

FeceMan
Originally posted by redcaped
Some of the best ebay sellers are Canadians. Have nada to say?
Oh, snap.

Soleran
... US Marines? Because if so, then, no. They're not. They're just another branch of the service.

Wrong, and your welcome for calling you out too.

Kinneary
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,79698,00.html

US Marines get their own special forces. You can't be a special forces unit and have a special forces. It's kind of pointless to have special forces for special forces.

http://www.marines.cc/content/view/5/6

"The Marine Corps is the second smallest of the five branches..."

You can't be special forces if you're one of the branches of the US military.

http://www.specialoperations.com/Units/military.htm

Lists each branch and their special operation forces. Note that the US Marines are a branch. Not special forces.

You may kindly leave this discussion now.

Soleran
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,79698,00.html

US Marines get their own special forces. You can't be a special forces unit and have a special forces. It's kind of pointless to have special forces for special forces.

http://www.marines.cc/content/view/5/6

"The Marine Corps is the second smallest of the five branches..."

You can't be special forces if you're one of the branches of the US military.

http://www.specialoperations.com/Units/military.htm

Lists each branch and their special operation forces. Note that the US Marines are a branch. Not special forces.

You may kindly leave this discussion now.

Seriously don't think just because it is something intuitive it would be right, Marines as a whole in the USA are a special force. Yes you can be a special force if you're a branch they are the only force 100% combat ready from cooks to infantry no other branch has that.

Kinneary
Do you have any evidence?

Soleran
Do you have any evidence?

That they are all combat ready, are you shitting me. I thought you were in the military. I am not going to paste up the Marines guide vs Army vs Air Force etc, look it up. You are going to have to take my word for it I am not crackalacking on the evidence I have no reason to lie about this.

Kinneary
I don't think you're lying. I think you're misinformed. I've already showed you evidence as to why they're not special forces. They're a branch of the military. Just because they're combat ready doesn't mean anything. The Navy can have a presence anywhere in the world it needs to within 16 hours. That doesn't mean anything. Combat readiness does not equal special forces. Being 'cool' does not equal special forces. You don't go from civilian to special forces. There is no special operations force in the entire military that you can join straight out of high school. In order to join a special op force you have to already be a member of the military. You don't retire from the Navy SEALs or the Army RANGERs. You retire from the Navy. You retire from the Army. You retire from the Marines.

I think you're grossly misinformed. Worse than that, I think you probably know you're wrong at this point, but refuse to admit it.

Soleran
I don't think you're lying. I think you're misinformed. I've already showed you evidence as to why they're not special forces. They're a branch of the military. Just because they're combat ready doesn't mean anything. The Navy can have a presence anywhere in the world it needs to within 16 hours. That doesn't mean anything. Combat readiness does not equal special forces. Being 'cool' does not equal special forces. You don't go from civilian to special forces. There is no special operations force in the entire military that you can join straight out of high school. In order to join a special op force you have to already be a member of the military. You don't retire from the Navy SEALs or the Army RANGERs. You retire from the Navy. You retire from the Army. You retire from the Marines.

I think you're grossly misinformed. Worse than that, I think you probably know you're wrong at this point, but refuse to admit it.

Are you or have you ever been in the military in any branch or force in the USA?

Kinneary
I am in the US Navy. As a Corpsman. Corpsmen are not only the medical support for the Navy, but also for the Marines.

Soleran
I am in the US Navy. As a Corpsman. Corpsman are not only the medical support for the Navy, but also for the Marines.

Great now go review and reread your definition of special forces. No where is there an absolute definition ANYWHERE other then what you specifically looked for.

Facts

Marines spear head operations (First in)

All are combat Ready (army or air force etc take jobs but don't take combat training)

your definition of special forces and mine are clearly seperate.

By the way Marines have two battalions of recon and two companies of forced recon does that mean recon isn't a special forces under your definition soldier?

By the way also when a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi they can call on you far after your service time.

Kinneary
Which has nothing to do with special ops forces.

That's right. Your's is 'they can fight, so they're special forces.'

I'm not a Soldier. Don't call me one. I'm a Sailor. And if I ever go through FMF school, you can call me a Marine.

And no, Recon is not a member of the special ops forces. Some have begun an attempt to integrate under MSSOCOM Det One, however.

Haha, ANY branch can do that. After I get out of the Navy, they can still recall me for another 2 years. When someone enlists, they enlist for 8 years. 4 active duty years (or five/six depending on the contract) and whatever time is remaining is spent in the inactive or active reserves. My dad retired from the Navy in 1994, but was only taken off of the recall list in 2004, for example.

Soleran
this just isn't worth the semantics or splitting hairs as you were.

Clearly you have some right to you.

depending on your role trust me they have a different windoww.

d-fly_girl008
CANADA ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

Kinneary
this just isn't worth the semantics or splitting hairs as you were.

Clearly you have some right to you.

depending on your role trust me they have a different windoww.
No, they don't.

Soleran
No, they don't.

wrong, lets not split hairs.

hey by the way my father just go taken off the "list" of possible recalls he is damn near 70.

Kinneary
It's not splitting hairs. It's you believing that the Marines are a special operations force when they're not. They're not any different from the Navy, Army, or Air Force in regards to pay, time in service, or even schools for the most part. They're just another branch.

Soleran
It's not splitting hairs. It's you believing that the Marines are a special operations force when they're not. They're not any different from the Navy, Army, or Air Force in regards to pay, time in service, or even schools for the most part. They're just another branch.

Please pm me if you have an differences, they are huge at this point.

Kinneary
Seriously I am dumbfounded by this, ok you're an idiot.
Why is this confusing to you? The Marines aren't special ops forces. They never were, they never will be. They're the same as the everyone else. It's an easy concept to grasp.

Rank? Time in service? Retired at what age?

Soleran
20 plus years master gunney

obviously as I said our opinions differ on special forces.

Kinneary
There is no 'opinion' in regard to special ops forces. You either are or you aren't. Look up the USSOCOM and a list of its components. Special Operations Forces are well defined. There's no opinion about it.

And like I said, if your dad retired at anywhere from 38 to 58, he should have been taken out of the inactive reserves regardless. If he wasn't, then that should have been addressed. My father retired a Senior Chief of 20 years, and spent 10 in the inactive reserves which rounded out his 30 years. Though, as I said, it also depends on what age your father retired and how many years he served. It's the same with my mother. When she left the Marines, she was 8 years in of active duty, spent four years in the inactive reserves, and was gone from the service. That said, the Marines are no different from any other branch in that regard. You don't have to serve less years in the inactive reserves just because you're Air Force, Army or Navy.

I suggest you talk to your father about his service and his situation to ascertain exactly why what happened to him happened. But if you were to ask him "If you did everything the same, you were just in the Army/Air Force/Navy, would you spend less time in the reserves?" he'd tell you no.

Soleran
once again you are lurching, shut it, we get it and guess what you are still half wrong. Even being in the military they limit your info.

Kinneary
<.<

What am I wrong about?

debbiejo
Well the great food for one.............Ohhhh that's right, we're talking about Canada.........lol

Smasandian
Well its typical for US-Canadian relations.

~Da Moose~
I like london. big grin

The boring parts I refer to are the farm lands...with no trees....

Oh, I've been to the Pinery...It's a cool campsite.

OMG, the Pinery...we used to camp there all the time..cry

And yeah, I know debbiejo...the parts between Windsor and London are absolutely abysmal. Chatham, Blenheim....crappy little places like that, and LOTS of farmland... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
But its pretty much the same as in the States...they have craploads of farmland too.

WrathfulDwarf
I don't like Canada is too cold.

*eats ice cream cone*

debbiejo
OMG, the Pinery...we used to camp there all the time..cry

And yeah, I know debbiejo...the parts between Windsor and London are absolutely abysmal. Chatham, Blenheim....crappy little places like that, and LOTS of farmland... roll eyes (sarcastic) I know people in Chatham and Tillbury (sp)..........I like Tillbury......It's on the water....Point Peely (sp) is cool also..........Oh, and the Exhibition, I think it's called........the one in Toronto........been there a few times a long time ago...

~Da Moose~
I know people in Chatham and Tillbury (sp)..........I like Tillbury......It's on the water....Point Peely (sp) is cool also..........Oh, and the Exhibition, I think it's called........the one in Toronto........been there a few times a long time ago...

OMG, I used to live in Chatham. Who do you know? laughing out loud And Tilbury isn't quite on the water...and in fact it's probably the crappiest town in SW Ontario, so maybe it's another place you were thinking of? Point Pelee is awesome, near Leamington. The Ex in Toronto is pretty cool too.

Wow, small world. smile

debbiejo
OMG, I used to live in Chatham. Who do you know? laughing out loud And Tilbury isn't quite on the water...and in fact it's probably the crappiest town in SW Ontario, so maybe it's another place you were thinking of? Point Pelee is awesome, near Leamington. The Ex in Toronto is pretty cool too.

Wow, small world. smile No no, these people I knew lived on a peninsula in Tilbury....The person I knew there was Roger Van something.......like 12 letters.............LOL(dutch).............Oh, been to Leamington and got pizza..............lol.............that lake where Point pelee is sooooooooo polluted now.............so sad............. sad

London Cool though.........Old Architecture....loved that.

redcaped
Can you Swim?

debbiejo
Yeah......you?

redcaped
Yes, I can swim but never do.

debbiejo
why?

redcaped
Why are you asking girl?! I would like to swim in my pool but all I've got is a condo. It makes me nauseous to share a public swimming pool.

debbiejo
You may want to see a doctor for that phobia...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

redcaped
Didn't you know girl that people pee in water?

debbiejo
That is what Chlorine is for.........besides don't you know that urine is sterile.

redcaped
Only if you go with me...I uess.

debbiejo
Sorry bud...........I swim in a lake with fish pee.....

redcaped
The Niagara Falls are for swimming.

debbiejo
Yes it is............Just hold on tight to your barrel.

RZA
Ok, it seems this thread has now run its course and I think it's time to close it out in style...

Times have changed,
our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents they just want to fart and curse

Should we blame the government? Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?

No,blame Canada, blame Canada
With all thier beedy little eyes have packed thier heads so full of lies, blame Canada, blame Canada,
we need to form a full assault its canadas fault

Don't blame me for my son Stan he saw the darn cartoon and now he's off to join the klan

And my boy Eric once had my picture on his shelf but now when I see him he tells me to **** myself

Well? Blame Canada, blame Canada, it seems that everythings gone wrong since Canada came along, blame
Canada, blame Canada
They're not even a real country anyway

My son could have been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbeque
Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire

Heck no, blame Canada, blame Canada, with all their hockey hollabaloo

And that ***** Ann Murray too

Blame Canada, shame on Canada, for the smut we must stuff the
trash we must stash the laughter and **** must all be undone we must blame them the cause of fuss before
somebody thinks of blaming us

Btw, anyone notice that the threads started by the banned trolls are the longest?

~Forever*Alone~
hmm? smile

Lyna303
Originally posted by RZA
Ok, it seems this thread has now run its course and I think it's time to close it out in style...

Times have changed,
our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents they just want to fart and curse

Should we blame the government? Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?

No,blame Canada, blame Canada
With all thier beedy little eyes have packed thier heads so full of lies, blame Canada, blame Canada,
we need to form a full assault its canadas fault

Don't blame me for my son Stan he saw the darn cartoon and now he's off to join the klan

And my boy Eric once had my picture on his shelf but now when I see him he tells me to **** myself

Well? Blame Canada, blame Canada, it seems that everythings gone wrong since Canada came along, blame
Canada, blame Canada
They're not even a real country anyway

My son could have been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbeque
Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire

Heck no, blame Canada, blame Canada, with all their hockey hollabaloo

And that ***** Ann Murray too

Blame Canada, shame on Canada, for the smut we must stuff the
trash we must stash the laughter and **** must all be undone we must blame them the cause of fuss before
somebody thinks of blaming us

Btw, anyone notice that the threads started by the banned trolls are the longest?
hehe southpark...

~Da Moose~
No no, these people I knew lived on a peninsula in Tilbury....The person I knew there was Roger Van something.......like 12 letters.............LOL(dutch).............Oh, been to Leamington and got pizza..............lol.............that lake where Point pelee is sooooooooo polluted now.............so sad............. sad

London Cool though.........Old Architecture....loved that.

Oh!! Roger Van something!! Right. Great guy. Used to live on Something or another street....beside the whatchamacallit place. He's married to that lady. I know him well. wink

blink On a peninsula in Tilbury? I think you lost me.

Lake Erie...yes it is, sadly.

debbiejo
Oh!! Roger Van something!! Right. Great guy. Used to live on Something or another street....beside the whatchamacallit place. He's married to that lady. I know him well. wink

blink On a peninsula in Tilbury? I think you lost me.

Lake Erie...yes it is, sadly. I remember now, it's Roger VanBastellar........Isn't that a long name...12 letters.........well he lived on the water in Tilbury......oh, a canal.

After he made me mad and I hated him, I made up acronyms of his last name...

Very
awful
nasty
bugs
are
still
licking
lazy
ass
Rogers.

That's after we broke up..........hmm...........*looks back in time...hmm stupid now, must of been drunk*

~Da Moose~
I remember now, it's Roger VanBastellar........Isn't that a long name...12 letters.........well he lived on the water in Tilbury......oh, a canal.

After he made me mad and I hated him, I made up acronyms of his last name...

Very
awful
nasty
bugs
are
still
licking
lazy
ass
Rogers.

That's after we broke up..........hmm...........*looks back in time...hmm stupid now, must of been drunk*

laughing Wow. That was impressive.

There is a Canal Street in Tilbury, it's one of the main ones....but Tilbury itself is like 20-30 miles from the water.

~Da Moose~
Actually debbiejo, Roger lives in Lighthouse cove...which IS on the water...on Lake St Clair. It's about 20 minutes from Tilbury.

OMG, how pathetic am I?

debbiejo
Actually debbiejo, Roger lives in Lighthouse cove...which IS on the water...on Lake St Clair. It's about 20 minutes from Tilbury.

OMG, how pathetic am I? You know Roger??? confused

And you're right...it is Lighthouse cove......I've been in that lighthouse.

~Da Moose~
You know Roger??? confused

And you're right...it is Lighthouse cove......I've been in that lighthouse.

No...I've never met him, but I was confused about the Canal thing in Tilbury, so I looked in the Chatham-Kent phone book and found his listing. embarrasment

debbiejo
Really?? Call him for me and say deb from MI says hi...Would you like to get together...lol.... eek!

~Da Moose~
Really?? Call him for me and say deb from MI says hi...Would you like to get together...lol.... eek!

laughing out loudYeah, I'll get right on that.

Hey Roger? Yeah, how you doin'? That's good. Listen, you don't know me, but, here's the deal. See, I pretend to be a moose on a message board, and well, that's not really the point. What is, is that I met this lovely woman there who knows you.

That's right, her name is Deb and she's from Michigan, and she was convinced that you lived in a canal in Tilbury. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I lived near Tilbury at one point, and didn't remember any canal. So, I did a little detective work and found you in Lighthouse cove, and well, now, Deb, who, by the way has a lovely anagram for your name, wanted me to call you, OUT OF THE BLUE, and ask if you'd like to get together. With her I assume, not with me.

I don't see any problems with that scenario at all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
laughing out loudYeah, I'll get right on that.

Hey Roger? Yeah, how you doin'? That's good. Listen, you don't know me, but, here's the deal. See, I pretend to be a moose on a message board, and well, that's not really the point. What is, is that I met this lovely woman there who knows you.

That's right, her name is Deb and she's from Michigan, and she was convinced that you lived in a canal in Tilbury. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I lived near Tilbury at one point, and didn't remember any canal. So, I did a little detective work and found you in Lighthouse cove, and well, now, Deb, who, by the way has a lovely anagram for your name, wanted me to call you, OUT OF THE BLUE, and ask if you'd like to get together. With her I assume, not with me.

I don't see any problems with that scenario at all. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, like that.... laughing out loud The anagram too.......lol

Pretend to be a moose...... laughing out loud

I think that should work quite well.......

~Da Moose~
Yeah, like that.... laughing out loud The anagram too.......lol

Pretend to be a moose...... laughing out loud

I think that should work quite well.......

If I pretend to be a moose the conversation would go more like:

grunt...grunt...guttural moose noise....heavy breathing...sound of tongue licking the receiver......belch....

laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
I heart Canada. Moose, Silva Hayden Christensen, Ryan Reynolds and few others come from Canada. love

My boyfriend is Canadian too.

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I heart Canada. Moose, Silva Hayden Christensen, Ryan Reynolds and few others come from Canada. love

My boyfriend is Canadian too.

There's 11 of us altogether.

debbiejo
If I pretend to be a moose the conversation would go more like:

grunt...grunt...guttural moose noise....heavy breathing...sound of tongue licking the receiver......belch....

laughing out loud Please no, don't do it like that.............but I dare ya to call him........ yes eek!

DO IT!!

~Da Moose~
Please no, don't do it like that.............but I dare ya to call him........ yes eek!

DO IT!!

Ok, but since it's long distance, I'll have to wait until I leave work.

And say WHAT to him again? That you want to hook up with him?

debbiejo
Ok, but since it's long distance, I'll have to wait until I leave work.

And say WHAT to him again? That you want to hook up with him? This is sooooooo funny......Ok, tell him that it's been a long time and would he like to get together and email me..............

This might be kind of cool actually.... cool

Well I did break up with him.........lol

*wonders if Da Moose will really do it*

~Da Moose~
This is sooooooo funny......Ok, tell him that it's been a long time and would he like to get together and email me..............

This might be kind of cool actually.... cool

Well I did break up with him.........lol

disgust Ok, but I draw the line at whispering sweet nothings to him.

debbiejo
disgust Ok, but I draw the line at whispering sweet nothings to him. OK.........Wow, you do take dares..........pm me and I'll give you my email.......

Are ya really gonna do it............??

laughing out loud

~Da Moose~
OK.........Wow, you do take dares..........pm me and I'll give you my email.......

Are ya really gonna do it............??

laughing out loud

I've got nothing to lose here, really, except perhaps some dignity.

debbiejo
I've got nothing to lose here, really, except perhaps some dignity. Nah, he will only laugh ................... laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>