The new Fantastic Four cartoon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I didn't see another thread about this, if there is one...well...my ass is big enough for you all to kiss.

It comes on cartoon network and it's really good. The shows follow the comic word for word almost.

The first one was about Ronin the Accuser. Yeah! Who would have thought they'd start off with that guy?!

The second one was about Doom and Reed switching bodies. It was awesome.

I'll give it a 7 1/2 out of 10.

badabing
It's not bad but I liked JLU more.

long pig
Originally posted by badabing
It's not bad but I liked JLU more.
I don't get JLU on my TV.

I agree though, JLU is much better. Flash was awesome in every show.

Darth Vicious
The animation is good but I find the storylines lacking so far. Johnny is annoying as f**k.

masterkit
2 threads on this already...

use the one in the comic book movie forum

King_Mungi
Really? I assumed it was just going to be a kiddy popper Pokeman style show. I guess I have to check it out now.

Validus
I missed the Doom episode but did catch the Ronan one. I liked it. It's no JLU but that shouldn't be expected. JLU was amazing.

long pig
Originally posted by masterkit
2 threads on this already...

use the one in the comic book movie forum
Take a hike.

tru-marvell
I saw the second show, with Doom. Honestly I thought it was crap, and Johnny was more than a little annoying. The way hey depict Sue and Johnny (facially) is very weird...they look like elves from middle earth.

But I'll give time cause I like the story potentials.

grey fox
I saw the first 5 minutes or so of 'Doomed' on youtube (Us brits haven't got it yet) it looks awesome , the Animation is smooth and consistent , the VA's are a little off and Johnny is indeed an annoying bastard but aside from that it looks pretty good.

Mindship
When is this new FF toon on?

Darth Vicious
Tonight at 8pm on Cartoon Network.

manjaro
i think its shaping up, the Doom episode was a little lacking but it was alright..you see the reason they are stuffing so much in the episodes is beucase they dont have the luxury of a full season they were only green lit for like six episodes...and then its after that then CN will decide to renew...but i think we've seen that any Toon that doesnt survive on CN will end up on kids WB(krypto the superdog). for example CN was supposed to unveil the "legion of superheros" , but they canned in and WB picked it up(prem. next Sat. BTW)...so i think that FF will find life elsewhere, at least in syndication on fox kids or fox family

Mindship
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Tonight at 8pm on Cartoon Network.

Cool. Thanks.

Dinalfos
Some of the dialogue is surprisingly witty for such a show. I loved the moment where Doom(in Reed's body!) tried to get some ass, and Susan refused laughing

Validus
Originally posted by manjaro
i think its shaping up, the Doom episode was a little lacking but it was alright..you see the reason they are stuffing so much in the episodes is beucase they dont have the luxury of a full season they were only green lit for like six episodes...and then its after that then CN will decide to renew...but i think we've seen that any Toon that doesnt survive on CN will end up on kids WB(krypto the superdog). for example CN was supposed to unveil the "legion of superheros" , but they canned in and WB picked it up(prem. next Sat. BTW)...so i think that FF will find life elsewhere, at least in syndication on fox kids or fox family
I didn't know LOSH was starting next week. Thanks for mentioning that.

Mindship
I just saw the FF toon...and I'm not impressed. The computer animation part is nice, but the show seems to lack the depth and wit which characterized JL and JLU. I'll check out when they have the Galactus and SS episode (assuming they do that one), but I don't think I am long for this show.

And I agree with tru-marvell: I don't like how they draw Sue and Johnny. For that matter, I'm not crazy about how they draw Reed either. That boyish hairstyle with gray sideburns? Gimme a break. Unless this is the Ultimate FF, Reed should look more mature all around.

One thing I will give them though: when they talk, their chins actually move accordingly, as opposed to so many shows where--whether the mouth is closed or wide open--the chins are immobile as stone.

manjaro
ep. 3 was kinda wack to me...Doom is seeming more lame and desperate THAN usual...i mean, planting a story in the media to make reed look bad.. pffttt. they even mentioned him in the news cast that he may have diplomatic immunity but, he has evidence... geez for a guy who is monarch of one of the most technologically advanced financially stable nations in the world he sure do has some lame villain tactics..

as of episode 3. for me this series is a complete write off..the funny thing is whenever CN comes out with a new series i usually set my VCR, the same way i recorded all but 2 episodes of JLU, bu this just isnt doing it for me

marvelprince
I actually liked it. The storylines have been pretty good, with a few exceptions and some of the characterization has been lacking but overall it has a fun feel and I'm hoping it sticks around. I need my fix of Marvel cartoons lol

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
I missed the Doom episode but did catch the Ronan one. I liked it. It's no JLU but that shouldn't be expected. JLU was amazing.

Amazingly overrated.

Good, but imo, the best Cartoon of the last decade, is easily Gargoyles.

Damn i loved that show sad

Broly92
Originally posted by UniOmni
Amazingly overrated.

That was good but JLU was better

Devil Lance
Meh BTAS pwns all yes

Darth Vicious
I was just watching F4 the movie and damn Johnny is freaking annoying just like in the cartoons. Oh well at least he got beat up in Civil War.

Big Sexy
My list for AS aresadin order)

1. X-men(1990's version)
2. Justice League / JLU
3. Batman (90s version), / Spiderman - their tied too me with the edge to Spiderman
4. Superman TAS/ Batman Beyond

This show will join the ranks of Spiderman Unlimited, X-men Evolution, and the avengers. I never really liked any of those series. The new Superman doesn't look so good either.

Mindship
...the best Cartoon of the last decade, is easily Gargoyles.

Certainly up there. The first couple of seasons had excellent storytelling, characterization and action scenes.

Doc Potato
Originally posted by Big Sexy

1. X-men(1990's version)
2. Justice League / JLU
3. Batman (90s version), / Spiderman - their tied too me with the edge to Spiderman

This show will join the ranks of Spiderman Unlimited, X-men Evolution, and the avengers. I never really liked any of those series. The new Superman doesn't look so good either. I'd put in those shows in a different order myself...
1) Batman TAS
2)Spider-Man
3) X-Men
4) Batman beyind
5) Superman

ashamed to say i've never seen JLU...

manjaro
dont sleep on xmen evolution..that show was awesome. they tried to make sure that all the charcters we knew and love made an appearance

marvelprince
Hmm, I never could get into Gargoyle's. I have no real expectations for LoSH and Superman, for now I'm hoping that FF can get past the first 6 episodes

Accel
I personally liked Batman Beyond along with X-Men Evolution.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by marvelprince
Hmm, I never could get into Gargoyle's. I have no real expectations for LoSH and Superman, for now I'm hoping that FF can get past the first 6 episodes I saw the preview for the new Superman coming to WB. Is it me or does the Batman, FF, and now Superman seem to need better artists.

marvelprince
I saw the preview for the new Superman coming to WB. Is it me or does the Batman, FF, and now Superman seem to need better artists.

I love the animation for FF (and I HATED the style for Code: Lyoko but apparently its the same people doing the art). I wish Sue and Torch's features weren't so sharp though. They look like elves as someone else mentioned. Don't like the Batman animation too much, but I can get around that. And from what I've seen for Superman and Legion I am not impressed.

And I also like X-Men Evolution and Batman Beyond

grey fox
I saw the preview for the new Superman coming to WB. Is it me or does the Batman, FF, and now Superman seem to need better artists.

New Superman ? And by Batman do you mean 'The Batman'

Big Sexy
Originally posted by marvelprince
I love the animation for FF (and I HATED the style for Code: Lyoko but apparently its the same people doing the art). I wish Sue and Torch's features weren't so sharp though. They look like elves as someone else mentioned. Don't like the Batman animation too much, but I can get around that. And from what I've seen for Superman and Legion I am not impressed.

And I also like X-Men Evolution and Batman Beyond I dont know Evolution wasn't bad, I just had trouble getting around the whole kids thing about X-men evolution. It was still good but stuff like sadrarely showing sentinals) and the X-men getting their ass kicked liked every episode really took away from the show to me. The 90s X-men is still my favorite Animated series. I think it had to do with the fact that many of the stories were almost exact from the comics.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by grey fox
New Superman ? And by Batman do you mean 'The Batman' Yes "The Batman". And yes theres a new Superman starting on the WB next week.

UniOmni
The Crapman- Don't need to explain my thoughts.

Gargoyles was the best cartoon America ever made imo. Note that i said america.

Big Sexy
The Crapman- Don't need to explain my thoughts.

Gargoyles was the best cartoon America ever made imo. Note that i said america. I think Gargoyles was awesome up until they started the whole "Goliath Chronicle's" thing. It was still good by not as great as it was earlier on. Their were so many great takes on myth's on that show

grey fox
Yes "The Batman". And yes theres a new Superman starting on the WB next week.

I just went to the Kids WB website and can't find it . Whats it's name ?

Big Sexy
I just went to the Kids WB website and can't find it . Whats it's name ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Super_Heroes_(animated_series)
Legion of Superheroes

grey fox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Super_Heroes_(animated_series)
Legion of Superheroes

Oh THAT. I thought you meant a new solo Supes series.

galan7777777
so the new FF cartoon is on Saturday Nights at 8:00pm?

masterkit
Originally posted by long pig
Take a hike.

no

Big Sexy
Oh THAT. I thought you meant a new solo Supes series. I was referring to it as Superman because of the ways its advertised. They basically said Superman and his team the way they downplayed legion.

Mindship
Originally posted by galan7777777
so the new FF cartoon is on Saturday Nights at 8:00pm?

Here in NYC it was on at 7pm.

manjaro
here too in FL

icemayn
its normally on at 8 but it was on at 7 this past saturday because of the teen titans movie

badabing
I liked the ending when Johnny was ripping Doom apart. laughing

Darth Vicious

1. X-men(1990's version)
2. Justice League / JLU

This show will join the ranks of Spiderman Unlimited, X-men Evolution, and the avengers. I never really liked any of those series. The new Superman doesn't look so good either.

I Think X-men (1990) was great. I regard it as one of the bets cartoons ever, specially for Marvel. For DC I have to go with JLU, if only they had madeThe Avengers like that.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Mindship
Here in NYC it was on at 7pm. normally at 7? we on the east cost are 3 hours behind you guys correct? or is it just 2 hours behind?

Tha C-Master
I dont know Evolution wasn't bad, I just had trouble getting around the whole kids thing about X-men evolution. It was still good but stuff like sadrarely showing sentinals) and the X-men getting their ass kicked liked every episode really took away from the show to me. The 90s X-men is still my favorite Animated series. I think it had to do with the fact that many of the stories were almost exact from the comics. I liked Xmen evolution much more, the different character involvement (particularly Cyke and Jean), animation, and a GOOD sentintel made things a bit more wort watching to me.

Validus
Amazingly overrated.

Shut up.

Black Adam
Shut up.

Gargoyles>>>>>>>>>>JLU

JLU was good but not exactly my favorite part of the DCAU.

Validus
Shut up.

Broly92
Shut up.
Nice comeback laughing out loud

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I liked Xmen evolution much more, the different character involvement (particularly Cyke and Jean), animation, and a GOOD sentintel made things a bit more wort watching to me. It was not more interesting to me. Characters like Spyke, Nightcrawler, and Avalanche were not interesting to me.

Black Adam
Shut up.

NO U mad

badabing
I liked the FF cartoon today with the Hulk.

manjaro
it was alright, its just enuff to change my mind about the series, too bad its only six episodes...and i just cant get over the fact that its the same french mofokers that do code lyoko and totally spies

Grimm22
I still refuse to watch this show.

Im sorry but this, turning classic cartoons into Anime styled EXTREME cartoons fad has to end.

They did it to Batman, GI Joe and now the FF.

Anime is crap, get over it

Broly92
Originally posted by Grimm22

Im sorry but this, turning classic cartoons into Anime styled EXTREME cartoons fad has to end.

No it isn't and please shut up if that is all you have to say.....

I find this series okay but it isn't great for me like it could be!

Grimm22
Yes it is. no expression

99% of anime is just flying around shooting beams and punching eachother in the same repeating motion.

Oh and Spikey hair

America's Creativity >>>>>>>> Japan's Creativity big grin

Broly92
Yes it is. no expression

99% of anime is just flying around shooting beams and punching eachother in the same repeating motion.

Oh and Spikey hair

America's Creativity >>>>>>>> Japan's Creativity big grin
No if you weren't a hater you see that but oh well! off topic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
Originally posted by Broly92
No if you weren't a hater you see that but oh well! off topic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hating Anime = Happiness pirate2

littleredhat
Whooo! Geek fight!

Go for the kindneys.

Now Kiss!

Ricodrayz
Yes it is. no expression

Oh and Spikey hair

America's Creativity >>>>>>>> Japan's Creativity big grin 80% can't fly, you watch Dbz and you think they all fly laughing

Black Adam

there's nothing ANIME EXTREME about the new f4 cartoon beside the character designs being anime influenced...

Bruce Timm's art has also been influenced by anime.erm

no it's not....

America's Creativity >>>>>>>> Japan's Creativity

thats just stupid

there are both good things and bad things to come out of both.

both sides have influenced each other a lot.

Soujaboy
Speaking of Anime, one of the best Anime series i've ever watches is Eureka 7.

That new Anime Trinity Blood looks good, and Full Metal Alchemist was a classic.

Im sorry to say, but most American cartoons are filled with stupidity and sex.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soujaboy

That new Anime Trinity Blood looks good, and Full Metal Alchemist was a classic.

Oh really shifty

Even...

THE MIGHTY DUCKS! eek!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/team27.jpg

Soujaboy
Oh really shifty

Even...

THE MIGHTY DUCKS! eek!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/team27.jpg

Yes, even the Mighty Sucks.

Grimm22
Yes, even the Mighty Sucks.

NEVER! mad

Accel
Originally posted by Black Adam
thats just stupid

there are both good things and bad things to come out of both.

both sides have influenced each other a lot.
It's true. I heard even some Disney works were inspired by Japanese cartoons.

I loved FMA myself. The movie was awesome. One of my personal favorites is Neon Genesis Evangelion (even if it was somewhat confusing).

One interesting thing I find about anime is that what's considered a kiddy program there (One Piece, DBZ, etc) is considered more adolescent material around here unless it's edited.

Ethereal
Damn. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the silver surfer series along with the other marvel and dc cartoons that have been thrown around. embarrasment

badabing

While I don't carry the dislike that you have, I do like the "classic" style cartoons better.

Ethereal
anime style has been around since the 60's-70's. lupin, speed racer, robotech..etc

and alot of the storylines are really kick ass. Anyone here seen Evangelion?

bigbran
Anyone evr notice that in every anime cartoon they always have characters like Goku, Vegito, and they go through bad guys like Wolverine goes through men....

I meant that as a gay comment.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Ethereal
anime style has been around since the 60's-70's. lupin, speed racer, robotech..etc

and alot of the storylines are really kick ass. Anyone here seen Evangelion?

Bah I dont hate ALL Anime, just the big ones

Like Full Metal Alchemist and DBZ, they can burn in hell for all I care.

The classic Speed Racer >x100000 New Speed Racer

Honestly its not speed racer unless there is a chimp and kid in pink overalls proving how awful Speed's parents are stick out tongue laughing

littleredhat
Bah I dont hate ALL Anime, just the big ones

Like Full Metal Alchemist and DBZ, they can burn in hell for all I care.

The classic Speed Racer >x100000 New Speed Racer

Honestly its not speed racer unless there is a chimp and kid in pink overalls proving how awful Speed's parents are stick out tongue laughing

Hmm. How old are you?

Magee
Nobody mentioned naruto. Better than most of the marvel/dc cartoons and most others imo. Though i cant stand the english dubs, beleive it. wink

Accel
Meh, I actually enjoy the Naruto dub. I never care enough about any anime to watch the subbed version any way.

Black Adam
Originally posted by bigbran
Anyone evr notice that in every anime cartoon they always have characters like Goku, Vegito, and they go through bad guys like Wolverine goes through men....

I meant that as a gay comment.

anyone ever notice how people who know absolutely nothing about anime always bring out DBZ as an example of how every Anime show is?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Magee
Nobody mentioned naruto. Better than most of the marvel/dc cartoons and most others imo. Though i cant stand the english dubs, beleive it. wink

thats because every single Show in the DCAU is 10times better then that overrated shonen show.

Soujaboy
Has anyone else watched Eureka 7? that is one of the most real and emotional shows I've ever seen.

Black Adam
Has anyone else watched Eureka 7? that is one of the most real and emotional shows I've ever seen.

It's all right.

Soujaboy
It's all right.

I watched the whole series on youtube, the end was great.

Accel
Don't spoil any thing. I'm still currently watching it on Adult Swim.

badabing
I watched the whole series on youtube, the end was great.
I couldn't find them.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Accel
Don't spoil any thing. I'm still currently watching it on Adult Swim.

I'll just say it gets better.

Soujaboy
I couldn't find them.

Which episode are you currently on?

badabing
Which episode are you currently on?
I believe the last one was episode four and it had the Hulk.

Soujaboy
I believe the last one was episode four and it had the Hulk.

I was talking about the Eureka 7 show embarrasment

badabing
I was talking about the Eureka 7 show embarrasment
Oh, okay.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Magee

Bah, the manga >> The Anime

Rewmac
What is the current episode number?

manjaro
as of last night 22

manjaro
Has anyone else watched Eureka 7? that is one of the most real and emotional shows I've ever seen. i think irs awesome, the theme song almost made me cry a aouple of timesbig grin but i think Rentin is too much of a cry baby for my general purposes

Soujaboy
i think irs awesome, the theme song almost made me cry a aouple of timesbig grin but i think Rentin is too much of a cry baby for my general purposes

It gets better, and I must say that I prefer the Japanese voices over the American voices. big grin

bigbran
anyone ever notice how people who know absolutely nothing about anime always bring out DBZ as an example of how every Anime show is? Actually I do, Dbz was my favorite show. I still know everything, about it.
I used to like Inyuasha too. And a couple more. But if you actually think about it. You have the hero. The bad guy that turns inot a neutral hero, that either doesn't like the hero, or so on.( this is talking about most cases though)

I never said I didn't like anime.

Arahan
cool this became a anime discussion thread.

okay at the moment iam watching bleach. a nice show.

and now back to topic.

I just watched the FF cartoons and i dont like them really.
they are based on the movie and the movie sucked.

and why is alicia black?

manjaro
she was black in the movie...and whats wrong with her being black you freaking bigotmad

Grimm22
Alicia being black dosent bother me that much, but the actress in the movie was awful.

Her teeth scared me eek!

galan7777777
does anyone know when "the coming of galactus" is going to air on the new FF cartoon?

long pig
she was black in the movie...and whats wrong with her being black you freaking bigotmad
It's weird.

Kingpin being black was weird, too.

It's the token black thing that pisses me off more than there being no black folk at all.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by long pig
It's weird.

Kingpin being black was weird, too.

It's the token black thing that pisses me off more than there being no black folk at all. Maybe they couldn't find a fat, muscular white guy to play Kingpin. His frame isn't exactly the easiest to come by. Personally I think the Kingpin in the movie was a good choice but I felt they didn't portray him as dangerous as he really is.

grey fox
Maybe they couldn't find a fat, muscular white guy to play Kingpin. His frame isn't exactly the easiest to come by. Personally I think the Kingpin in the movie was a good choice but I felt they didn't portray him as dangerous as he really is.

Your actually right there , they couldn't find any white guys that could portray kingpin without them being wrestlers.

manjaro
but wrestlers are inherently great actors, so they could have gotten a big dude like big show, or a super muscular guy like kane and put a fat suit on him or just let him gain about 15 lbs worth of pudge

Black Adam
but wrestlers are inherently great actors, so they could have gotten a big dude like big show, or a super muscular guy like kane and put a fat suit on him or just let him gain about 15 lbs worth of pudge

no expression

I'd rather have Michael Clarke Duncan then someone like Kevin Nash

grey fox
but wrestlers are inherently great actors

Manjaro , did you ever consider seeking mental help ?

Grimm22
Hey I would take a black alicia over having some dumb b*tch like Paris Hilton play her any day of the week erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.