Spiderman vs The X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trolly_crouchjr
X-men-Cyclops, Wolvie Iceman( Classic ), Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler
No Telepathy
Battle in the mansion, at night
Spidey has knowledge of his opponents powers.

xmarksthespot
no expression

endrict
xmen v
bangin
^
spiderman

trolly_crouchjr
Sorry lets cut out Jean

trolly_crouchjr
Now couldent Spidey take out cyclops, NC Angel with class 15 punches?

batdude123
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
No Telepathy

hysterical2

endrict
Ice man will free him or the walls so he cant web anything,wolverine will track him and attack with ease while jean holds spiderman with her TK powers and then cyke blast him. night crawl teleport his head off then beast will rip off his arms, while angel stands and laughs at parker.

Ricodrayz
Now couldent Spidey take out cyclops, NC Angel with class 15 punches? Because he could lift 15 Tons, doesn't mean he could punch with the force of 15 tons shock

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Because he could lift 15 Tons, doesn't mean he could punch with the force of 15 tons shock

Some people think so. Personally I don't know nor care.

As for the thread Spidey is doomed. He's good but this is the X-men and their numbers will put him down.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Some people think so. Personally I don't know nor care.

As for the thread Spidey is doomed. He's good but this is the X-men and their numbers will put him down. Spiderman can not and will never be hit evil face

Spider-Man vs X-Men
http://img317.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyxmen11kx.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyxmen27do.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyxmen35so.jpg

endrict
Spiderman can not and will never be hit evil face

becareful on what you say spiderman has been hit before manytimes and will be hit in this fight.

In those pictures xmen will win in time.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by endrict
becareful on what you say spderman has been hit before manytimes and will be hit in this fight.

In those pictures xmen will win in time. But when Spiderman get's hit it is PIS so they don't count. The only way he gets hit is if someone is way faster than him lik ethe Flash or so.

DigiMark007
Yes, we're all aware of the Secret Wars fight. This thread is an obvious reference to it. Spidey still loses this.

That fight is the lone Wolverin/Spider fight where he definitely gets the better of Logan. Other fights have shown it equal or slightly in Logan's favor. He pwns any one of these X-Men, maybe even any two or three (besides Wolverine, who I think he'd beat 1-on-1 but not in a group), but he's in trouble here.

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yes, we're all aware of the Secret Wars fight. This thread is an obvious reference to it. Spidey still loses this.

That fight is the lone Wolverin/Spider fight where he definitely gets the better of Logan. Other fights have shown it equal or slightly in Logan's favor. He pwns any one of these X-Men, maybe even any two or three (besides Wolverine, who I think he'd beat 1-on-1 but not in a group), but he's in trouble here.

Cyclops would waste him.

Omega-level
Iceman alone.

Superboy Prime
He is not being Omega for this fight...basically snow ball throwing iceman. He gets punked.

endrict
But when Spiderman get's hit it is PIS so they don't count. The only way he gets hit is if someone is way faster than him lik ethe Flash or so.

The longer the fight goes x-men will win.

spider-man has the advantage when he jumps them.

wolvertooth
ammmm i think that cyclops and iceman will do "rock paper scissors" to decide who takes spider-man out no expression

batdude123
He is not being Omega for this fight...basically snow ball throwing iceman. He gets punked.

Iceman has always been an Omega, he just didn't realize his potential yet. And do people actually READ the first X-Men issues? Those "snowballs" you're talking about are actually "ice grenades" that could take missles out of the sky with just one of them.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
Cyclops would waste him.

Erm, no.

Originally posted by Omega-level
Iceman alone.

This is classic Iceman. So again, no. And yeah, I know he was "always" omega....but Spidey would punk him in seconds since he was nowhere near potential.

Arctic
This thread is stupid. I like spiderman, and I try to give him great odds on winning in this forum, but come on, this is impossible.

Superboy Prime
I know all of that. I meant he was being the first version of him. The missile destroying snow balls will have a hard time hitting Spidey before he is down for the count.

Needless to say Spidey goes down hard.

trolly_crouchjr
How could Cyclops waste him...

batdude123
I know all of that. I meant he was being the first version of him. The missile destroying snow balls will have a hard time hitting Spidey before he is down for the count.

Needless to say Spidey goes down hard.

He could also create ice shields. Bobby would pose at the very LEAST as a distraction (if not, take him down) to Peter. From there, one optic blast and Spidey goes down.

Ricodrayz
Who exactly is going to hit spiderman in this fight? Spidey dodges them all then Webs most of them so they can not move. Then it becomes one on one after he wbs everyone then spidey uses his massive strength to K.O who ever is left.

wolvertooth
How could Cyclops waste him...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast3.jpg

optic blast? no expression

batdude123
Erm, no.

Erm, yes actually. Cyclops' optic blasts aren't like any "laser" Spider-man has faced before. It's not that he has to "aim" exactly, but rather that he has to LOOK at his opponent, and they go down.

Not to mention he can cover vast areas with the blasts. Spider-man ain't dodging a forest destroying blast, especially considering that if Cyclops even gets a glimpse of him, Peter's toast.

And Cyclops has also hit Quicksilver and Northstar before. Don't see Spider-man walking away from this fight.

endrict
yah cyke wins.

Ricodrayz
Erm, yes actually. Cyclops' optic blasts aren't like any "laser" Spider-man has faced before. It's not that he has to "aim" exactly, but rather that he has to LOOK at his opponent, and they go down.

Not to mention he can cover vast areas with the blasts. Spider-man ain't dodging a forest destroying blast, especially considering that if Cyclops even gets a glimpse of him, Peter's toast.

And Cyclops has also hit Quicksilver and Northstar before. Don't see Spider-man walking away from this fight. Spiderman dodges it evil face

batdude123
Spiderman dodges it evil face

laughing out loud

trolly_crouchjr
If Cyke does that he might kill his teamates...remember, they are in the mansion

Ricodrayz
If Cyke does that he might kill his teamates...remember, they are in the mansion Oh look it's spiderman *Cyke runs in front of team mates and nukes spidey* confused

trolly_crouchjr
Thus brining the mansion down on them...

Ricodrayz
Thus brining the mansion down on them... Ok, w/e it takes to make spiderman win. I am with you buddy laughing

King_Mungi
And Cyclops has also hit Quicksilver and Northstar before. Don't see Spider-man walking away from this fight.

He hit Northstar when he wasn't even looking and was fighting someone else.

Ext@nt
Hasn't Spidey fought them before? I know he did once when they were tracking down the Vanisher.

marvelprince
If Spider-Man also has the element of surprise he wins. If not I can't realistically see him winning this one

blind faith
Overkill for Spidey???

marvelprince

In the graveyard fight I'd definitely say Spider-Man got the better of Logan

Ricodrayz
Spiderman goes invisible Happy Dance and take sthem all out 2 at a time evil face

marvelprince
Thought this was classic Spider-Man. Guess I was wrong. Spider-Man can win then. He goes invisible, and takes em all out one by one

xmarksthespot
If he starts in front of them Cyclops still kills him.

Tha C-Master

And Cyclops has also hit Quicksilver and Northstar before. Don't see Spider-man walking away from this fight. Even Cyke fans know that once Cyke shoots Spiderman's already moved. Cis isn't removed in this match, and Scott taking off his visor is a very bad idea.

marvelprince
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
If he starts in front of them Cyclops still kills him.

MUCH slower than Spider-Man have dodged the optic blasts. Cyke's only chance is to basically yank off his visor, open his eyes as wide as they can do and try to rotate his head at every possible angle. Which btw he won't do seeing as how it might, you know...kill his teammates

Ext@nt
Originally posted by marvelprince
MUCH slower than Spider-Man have dodged the optic blasts. Cyke's only chance is to basically yank off his visor, open his eyes as wide as they can do and try to rotate his head at every possible angle. Which btw he won't do seeing as how it might, you know...kill his teammates

LOL He'd be willing to sacrifice Logan. cool

ExodusCloak
Call me crazy...but I don't believe Cyke wears a visor anymore...whistling1

BTW Classic Snowman Iceman...huh? The one who put down Oblivion for a while with an avalanche?

trolly_crouchjr
The Team can win using cyclops but everyone would be flying

marvelprince
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Call me crazy...but I don't believe Cyke wears a visor anymore...whistling1

Astonishing Cyclops wears no visor? confused

Tha C-Master
The Team can win using cyclops but everyone would be flying Agreed, Spiderman at best would get a win or two, but no more than that.... Are all of these classic?

trolly_crouchjr
All classic cept spidey

ExodusCloak
Astonishing Cyclops wears no visor? confused

Yep..thanks to Emma...she "helped" him in Astonishing #14 which zombified him...now the cover of Astonishing #18 (The Unstoppable Arc I think that's what it's called) shows him and the entire AXM team going into battle without it...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7211380

endrict
jean can hold him, with her TK powers.
night crawler is good enough to keep up with parker.

marvelprince
Yep..thanks to Emma...she "helped" him in Astonishing #14 which zombified him...now the cover of Astonishing #19 shows him going into battle without it...

Sounds cool. I only have Astonishing up till ish 12, I need to hunt down the issues I've missed. Moot point anyway, Cyke will still have trouble hitting Spider-Man. Spider-Man can at least get 4/10 wins, especially if this is Iron Spidey

marvelprince
jean can hold him, with her TK powers.
night crawler is good enough to keep up with parker.

If Jean can locate him sure she can, Kurt can not hang win Peter though. Not even on his best day

ExodusCloak
Sounds cool. I only have Astonishing up till ish 12, I need to hunt down the issues I've missed. Moot point anyway, Cyke will still have trouble hitting Spider-Man. Spider-Man can at least get 4/10 wins, especially if this is Iron Spidey

Secret: The entire series so far of AXM is posted in the Astonishing X-Men thread, credit goes to X...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t419639.html

As for the fight I'd give Iron Spidey 1 or 2 wins...if all of the X team mates are standing next to Scott in a line...Cyke won't have any issues in going all out...and since the battles start off face to face...Scott goes all out...all he needs is one look...Spidey is good but he's not dodging an attack with Forest demolishing range.

BTW Apparently he's only been using a fraction of his power....well according to Civil War X-Men he is...

marvelprince
Secret: The entire series so far of AXM is posted in the Astonishing X-Men thread, credit goes to X...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t419639.html

As for the fight I'd give Iron Spidey 1 or 2 wins...if all of the X team mates are standing next to Scott in a line...Cyke won't have any issues in going all out...and since the battles start off face to face...Scott goes all out...Spidey is good but he's not dodging an attack with Forest demolishing range.

True if Scott goes all out at the beginning then the X-team wins but I just don't see Scott going all out with a blast like that against Peter. Against the Sentinel was a more extreme situation

EDIT: Btw thanx for the heads up on the issues

ExodusCloak
True if Scott goes all out at the beginning then the X-team wins but I just don't see Scott going all out with a blast like that against Peter. Against the Sentinel was a more extreme situation

Good point...CIS is on...

I'll have to wait till AXM #18 comes out...if he has full control of his power now..maybe he can make the blast really wide..and lower the concussive force he emits..

BTW No problem big grin

SpunkySmurph
Well, I think a few key points are being missed here.

Yes, spidey might be able to dodge blasts from cyke (No, he wouldn't go all out in the mansion), or ice grenades from iceman, or (and this is definetley debatable,) get a win-by-majority one on one with Wolvie. But all of these threats at once? Spidey's going down. Hard.

And could he even web Kurt for more then a couple seconds?

Then there's Beast, whose agility is at least around the level of Wolvie, and whose no pushover in the strength field (though Spiderman still obviously beats him, but still).

I'm not sure what Angel would do... except for maybe get the drop on Spidey when he was distracted???

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Even Cyke fans know that once Cyke shoots Spiderman's already moved. Cis isn't removed in this match, and Scott taking off his visor is a very bad idea.

What the f**k?

endrict
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, I think a few key points are being missed here.

Yes, spidey might be able to dodge blasts from cyke (No, he wouldn't go all out in the mansion), or ice grenades from iceman, or (and this is definetley debatable,) get a win-by-majority one on one with Wolvie. But all of these threats at once? Spidey's going down. Hard.

And could he even web Kurt for more then a couple seconds?

Then there's Beast, whose agility is at least around the level of Wolvie, and whose no pushover in the strength field (though Spiderman still obviously beats him, but still).

I'm not sure what Angel would do... except for maybe get the drop on Spidey when he was distracted???

have you forgot about Jean?

Ultraman Baltan
It's Secret Wars again, only easier.

SpunkySmurph
have you forgot about Jean?

No. Have you forgotten that a few posts into the discussion he removed Jean from the fight?

Tha C-Master
What the f**k? Precog works milliseconds before the danger, that means the concussive blast hasn't come out yet.

And why would he remove his visor and take such a big risk with his teammates around?

Spiderman still loses though, I just wanted to point that out to those who say, "Cyke pwns visor snoakjreaoja fawfj". smile

batdude123
Precog works milliseconds before the danger, that means the concussive blast hasn't come out yet.

And why would he remove his visor and take such a big risk with his teammates around?

Spiderman still loses though, I just wanted to point that out to those who say, "Cyke pwns visor snoakjreaoja fawfj". smile

Because Cyclops would take that risk... shifty

B dot Rob
Spiderman would punk them just like how he used to when they were teens big grin

ExodusCloak
Precog works milliseconds before the danger, that means the concussive blast hasn't come out yet.

Since CIS is on....and he doesn't want to kill Parker or damage the X-Mansion...I agree...however say he did go all out....his teamates won't get hurt because when the battle starts they are next to him...well I'm assuming they're next to him shoulder to shoulder...KMC doesn't specify...it just doesn't make much sense for the match to be set up the other way...i.e. they start off in front of him....also he doesn't have/need a visor anymore...

Scoobless
No Telepathy

I'm going to say Spider-Man wins .... no expression

No... really... yes

As it's the mansion at night I'm assuming he's attacking and they aren't all standing together in a large well lit room

It's at night so he has the immediate stealth advantage... plus he can see inthe dark better than anyone here

Angel and Nightcrawler are non-factors here - they aren't strong or fast enough to make a difference

Beast is only a class 2 Spider-Man wannabe who can be incapacitated easily with webbing

Cyclops is Dangerous, but isn't fast enough to get a 'bead' on Spider-Man... especially in the dark

Iceman should be easily KOd - again he isn't very fast and his durability is nothing to write home about

Wolverine would, as usual, be the biggest problem..... but if Spidey can deal with the others quickly and quietly enough in a series of ninja style stealth attacks then he should do fine against Wolverine.... a quick web-straight jacket and it's all over

Then he's off for a shmoke and a pancake.

smokin'

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Scoobless

No... really... yes

As it's the mansion at night I'm assuming he's attacking and they aren't all standing together in a large well lit room

It's at night so he has the immediate stealth advantage... plus he can see inthe dark better than anyone here

Angel and Nightcrawler are non-factors here - they aren't strong or fast enough to make a difference

Beast is only a class 2 Spider-Man wannabe who can be incapacitated easily with webbing

Cyclops is Dangerous, but isn't fast enough to get a 'bead' on Spider-Man... especially in the dark

Iceman should be easily KOd - again he isn't very fast and his durability is nothing to write home about

Wolverine would, as usual, be the biggest problem..... but if Spidey can deal with the others quickly and quietly enough in a series of ninja style stealth attacks then he should do fine against Wolverine.... a quick web-straight jacket and it's all over

smokin'

Damn didn't see the night part...which would probably mean they're all asleep....too....if he sneaks in and takes them out via stealth...then I can see him taking the majority....

Oh well guess this picture's gone to waste...
Anyway if they were standing in a line...the blast wouldn't hit the people next to him...as his blasts are coned shaped...
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6248/untitledde2.th.png

Ricodrayz

No... really... yes

smokin' Wolvie sniffs spidey out and cyke blasts him a new ******* evil face

B dot Rob
Wolverine and Cyclops are likely the first two people Spidey would go after.

Bol Gath

Grimm22
If Cykes were serious in this fight, then Spidey is toast yes

keak da sneak
first off cyclops is a ***** wat can he possibaly do to spiderman he has a spider sence and its at night so cyclops is the weakest link as always but wolverine n beast can take spiderman cuzz wolverine alone would be very difficult for spidey to fight so an addition to beast its over right there

manorastroman
somebody needs to read up on their cyclops comics.

he could probably take anybody in this fight 1 on 1, though spiderman and nightcrawler might be a little tough.

anyway...x-men 6/10.

keak da sneak
no x-men 8/10

spiderman could kill cyclops so easy i could beat cyclops ass wat can he do

batdude123
Originally posted by keak da sneak
first off cyclops is a ***** wat can he possibaly do to spiderman he has a spider sence and its at night so cyclops is the weakest link as always but wolverine n beast can take spiderman cuzz wolverine alone would be very difficult for spidey to fight so an addition to beast its over right there

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
Originally posted by keak da sneak

First of all, your an idiot. no expression

Its quite apparent you have no idea what you are talking about so why don't you do yourself a favor and leave the forums and stop embarrassing yourself

Scoobless

batdude123
Really? ... all the bios I've read that weren't written by fans state that Beast is class 2

That's true. But he has a feat of strength recently that puts him at about class 10 I believe...

trolly_crouchjr
Heres the scenario, spidey is at the x mansion roof when wolvie sniffs out his scent, he then wakes the other and they all gather in the hall.

marvelprince
Heres the scenario, spidey is at the x mansion roof when wolvie sniffs out his scent, he then wakes the other and they all gather in the hall.

If all of the X-men are aware of Spider-Man then the X-men take it 6/10, if Spider-Man gets the drop he takes it. He's faster and stronger than all of them, has the help of his spider-sense to dodge, doesn't have to worry about hurting his teammates like Cyke and Bobby have to plus everyone should know that Spider-Man probably is better facing multiple opponents than anything. He can easily move from one opponent to the next with no problem.

thedude1948
Lol, Spider-Man fanboys are getting bad. He has no chance in this. If Cyclops isnt jobbing, he takes this by himself 10/10.

Even without Cyclops the team takes it 10/10

trolly_crouchjr
i Think your the cyclops fan here...

thedude1948
i Think your the cyclops fan here...

I actually hate Cyclops, but I respect his powers. The fact is most of the time he is holding back his powers alot. When he isnt holding back he can do alot of damage.

marvelprince
Originally posted by thedude1948
Lol, Spider-Man fanboys are getting bad. He has no chance in this. If Cyclops isnt jobbing, he takes this by himself 10/10.

Even without Cyclops the team takes it 10/10

Lol. Its funny cause sounds like you really believe that. Cyclops has trouble hitting Wolverine, do you really think he's gonna get Peter? If Cyclops can't get a good look at Spider-Man please explain how he's gonna get him. Lets not forget what'll happen to Cyclops if Spider-Man goes invisible. What'll Scott do? Open his eyes as wide as they can go and hope he hits Spider-Man? We all know he's not gonna do that in the mansion without fear of hitting his teammates

Broly92
Spiderman has no chance at all without surprise

Scoobless
But he does have surprise... and it's dark.... and the X-Men aren't all grouped together....and half of them can't hurt him either way .... no expression

King_Mungi
Really? ... all the bios I've read that weren't written by fans state that Beast is class 2

The handbook entry state he had 20-30 ton strength but then you read the paragraph on his strength and they say he can lift 2 tons..... that's in the same entry

batdude123
Lol. Its funny cause sounds like you really believe that. Cyclops has trouble hitting Wolverine

Really? 'Cause he's hit him about 5 or 6 times now...

marvelprince
Really? 'Cause he's hit him about 5 or 6 times now...

Did I say he's never hit him? No, he has trouble. Well, not going by Astonishing cause in that Wolverine is everyone's punching/blasting bag

batdude123
Did I say he's never hit him? No, he has trouble. Well, not going by Astonishing cause in that Wolverine is everyone's punching/blasting bag

I didn't even count those times...

And Spider-man ain't dodging a forest-destroying blast which it would be if Cyclops was going all out.

marvelprince
I didn't even count those times...

And Spider-man ain't dodging a forest-destroying blast which it would be if Cyclops was going all out.

Big if. I wasn't aware Cyclops was a killer. He's gonna kick it up a notch but he ain't gonna go that far

batdude123
Big if. I wasn't aware Cyclops was a killer. He's gonna kick it up a notch but he ain't gonna go that far

Doesn't necessarily have to be a forest destroying blast. However, if he does decide to cut loose, I don't see Spider-man coming out the victor in the fight. Not even for 4/10...

Scoobless
Originally posted by King_Mungi
The handbook entry state he had 20-30 ton strength but then you read the paragraph on his strength and they say he can lift 2 tons..... that's in the same entry

typical.....no expression

I'd like to see any feats that back up the class 20+ claims though

marvelprince
typical.....no expression

I'd like to see any feats that back up the class 20+ claims though

The short answer is that no such feats exist

marvelprince
Doesn't necessarily have to be a forest destroying blast. However, if he does decide to cut loose, I don't see Spider-man coming out the victor in the fight. Not even for 4/10...

Which I don't see happening for a number of reasons. Closed quarters. Cyclops isn't gonna be doing anymore stronger than normal optic blasts for fear of bringing the house down (pun intended). The safety of his teammates. With as much as Spider-Man bounds around, and you can bet your left nut he'll be bouncing around non stop here, he won't risk doing a strong blast like that for fear he hits one of his team. Next, he won't want to kill Spider-Man so he ani't gonna be throwing out anything too strong.

BTW, this raises a good point. Since we've seen that Spider-Man's suit can absorb kinetic energy wouldn't it null or at least reduce the amount of damage Cyclop's optic blast will do to him?

Brutacus
The short answer is that no such feats exist

Yes there is lol, X-factor 30 till 33, check it out.
You will be shocked he's strong didn't believe it myself.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Brutacus
Yes there is lol, X-factor 30 till 33, check it out.
You will be shocked he's strong didn't believe it myself.

I meant feats that put him in the 20-30 ton range. Those feats put him no more than 10. I remember you providing the same feats in another thread. They prove he's definitely above 2 ton, but they don't shoot him into 30 category

batdude123
Which I don't see happening for a number of reasons. Closed quarters. Cyclops isn't gonna be doing anymore stronger than normal optic blasts for fear of bringing the house down (pun intended). The safety of his teammates. With as much as Spider-Man bounds around, and you can bet your left nut he'll be bouncing around non stop here, he won't risk doing a strong blast like that for fear he hits one of his team. Next, he won't want to kill Spider-Man so he ani't gonna be throwing out anything too strong.

BTW, this raises a good point. Since we've seen that Spider-Man's suit can absorb kinetic energy wouldn't it null or at least reduce the amount of damage Cyclop's optic blast will do to him?

If he's bloodlusted, that means that whatever he can do to take down Spider-man, he would do.

I don't know if his Iron suit could absorb Cyclops' blasts.

Grimm22
Cykes takes off his visor.

End of story wink

marvelprince
Originally posted by Grimm22
Cykes takes off his visor.

End of story wink

For his entire team

Grimm22
For his entire team

Sacrifices have to be made shifty stick out tongue

Anaconda King
yeah i guess

marvelprince
If he's bloodlusted, that means that whatever he can do to take down Spider-man, he would do.

I don't know if his Iron suit could absorb Cyclops' blasts.

He will, but not at the expense of his team. Think about it anyway, closed spaces + bloodlusted Cyclops = most of team buried under debris.

batdude123
He will, but not at the expense of his team. Think about it anyway, closed spaces + bloodlusted Cyclops = most of team buried under debris.

Ah they'd survive...

marvelprince
Ah they'd survive...

Lol. Nicely put

thedude1948
Doesnt matter if Spidey's suit can absorb kinetic energy, he would eventually get overloaded just like Bishop did in Civil War: X-men.

He also wasnt absorbing the kinetic energy that Cap was giving him either.

Also you said he would have to worry about killing his team, Nightcrawler is on the X-Men side so he can teleport the rest of the team out of the mansion.

Scoobless
Well.... he's invisible.... how would Cyclops know where to aim? .... no expression

xmarksthespot
It's interesting that Cyclops won't use an omniblast, when he has shown the propensity to kill when necessary in the past. While Spider-Man who rarely uses his stealth mode is spending all his time running around invisible.

Scoobless
It's interesting that Cyclops won't use an omniblast, when he has shown the propensity to kill when necessary in the past. While Spider-Man who rarely uses his stealth mode is spending all his time running around invisible.

Well, you see, he's heard about Cyc's occasional kill frenzy with the ol' evil eye.... so he ain't taking any chances

stick out tongue

Grimm22
Well.... he's invisible.... how would Cyclops know where to aim? .... no expression

Easy no expression

Just take off the visor and blast everything big grin

Scoobless
Originally posted by Grimm22
Easy no expression

Just take off the visor and blast everything big grin

But... Spidey's behind him and has already webbed the visor to Cyc's head... with the switch in the "don't kill people I look at" position

I though that was obvious... stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
CIS off. Spider-Man is invisible. Scott just fires an omniblast. Kurt probably survives by teleporting. If the X-Men are behind Cyclops it wouldn't really matter anyway.

CIS on. It works both ways. Cyclops won't fire a killing blast. But at the same time Spider-Man doesn't use stealth, he holds his punches. And he gets hit on occasion. Teamwork would still see the X-Men imo.

Scoobless
CIS off. Spider-Man is invisible. Scott just fires an omniblast. Kurt probably survives by teleporting. If the X-Men are behind Cyclops it wouldn't really matter anyway.

It's still a stealth sneak attack in this thread.... Cyc would be first on the list to take out.... he would never see it coming

xmarksthespot
It's still a stealth sneak attack in this thread.... Cyc would be first on the list to take out.... he would never see it coming One-sided prep makes baby Jesus cry.

thedude1948
Lol, this thread is starting to turn into another thread I remember.

Spider-Man is going to sneak up and take out Cyclops before he noticed, since Spider-Man is a ninja.... lol

marvelprince

CIS on. It works both ways. Cyclops won't fire a killing blast. But at the same time Spider-Man doesn't use stealth, he holds his punches. And he gets hit on occasion. Teamwork would still see the X-Men imo.

Your assuming too many things. Spider-Man has the stealth edge remember. I don't think he'll start out by making himself visible to Cyclops. Seccond, your assuming Cyclops will take the first shot. Nightcrawler is really fast and everyone knows what a loose canon Wolverine is. Chances are either one of those guys will already have tried to engage Spider-Man. And whats Scott gonna do with his face webbed up? Besides Cyclops is not gonna let lose with an omniblast in the mansion. It will literally bring down the mansion around all of them. He's not gonna risk hurting his teammates.

Even with CIS on and Spider-Man not using his stealth he's still more than fast enough to melee all of the X-Men

xmarksthespot
First off it doesn't even say in the OP that he gets the element of surprise - i.e. one-sided prep - that's just a weird assumption that's crept into the thread. They start off facing off as per normal. All it says is that they fight in the mansion at night, and unless they've regressed to the early 1800s the mansion is illuminated by artificial light if people are awake.

What's Scott going to if his face is webbed up. Blast it off.

thedude1948
I am pretty sure Cyclops blasts can go through webbing, also Wolverine is more durable than Spider-Man, even if Wolverine and Spider-Man were already fighting Cyclops would still blast them, for a coupla reasons, first he doesnt really like Wolverine and second Wolverine would survive a blast that Spidey wouldnt.

You also assume that Cyclops cares about the mansion more than someone trying to possibly kill him. And there is no way Spider-Man is going to melee the whole team unless there is massive PIS involved.

Brutacus
I meant feats that put him in the 20-30 ton range. Those feats put him no more than 10. I remember you providing the same feats in another thread. They prove he's definitely above 2 ton, but they don't shoot him into 30 category

Euh he created a earth quake, I guess you didn't look at the comics, those feats put him well in 30 ton range.

Tha C-Master
Spiderman's used some of his tech before and some he hasn't, it's not like he's too stupid to. Again I am not saying some big landslide for him, I'm just saying it's not as hard as people make it out when most "MA" fanboys come from other threads and try to rag on him because he beats their characters. You know who you are. Most of the people on the team can be avoided or taken Care of easily, the main threat is Cyclops.

It's interesting that Cyclops won't use an omniblast, when he has shown the propensity to kill when necessary in the past. While Spider-Man who rarely uses his stealth mode is spending all his time running around invisible. Why would he want to do that? He would want to stay visible to lure Cyke into killing his teammates. This is what I don't get, Spiderman's supposed to take advantage of the fact that his teammates are a liability, not make it a disadvantage to him.

I am pretty sure Cyclops blasts can go through webbing, also Wolverine is more durable than Spider-Man, even if Wolverine and Spider-Man were already fighting Cyclops would still blast them, for a coupla reasons, first he doesnt really like Wolverine and second Wolverine would survive a blast that Spidey wouldnt.

You also assume that Cyclops cares about the mansion more than someone trying to possibly kill him. And there is no way Spider-Man is going to melee the whole team unless there is massive PIS involved. He's been doing it since he was a teen... lol

Anyways, most superheroes are in a life and death situation quite often and they don't resort to killing. Why the hell would Spiderman fight logan on his own terms if he doesn't have to? The point is to let the teammates do the work for him until the big threat is removed, which is mainly Cyclops. Everyone else pretty much agrees that noone else will really be a threat, so basically this is Spiderman vs Cyke, with people going against the rules to make him win. *sigh*.

Scoobless
All it says is that they fight in the mansion at night, and unless they've regressed to the early 1800s the mansion is illuminated by artificial light if people are awake.

Lights would be off in most rooms... and lamps aren't always that good... lots of shadows

And why wouls he be fighting them in the mansion at night unless he's the one attacking?

Euh he created a earth quake, I guess you didn't look at the comics, those feats put him well in 30 ton range.

Can you show this? or give the issue number so someone else can show it?

xmarksthespot
Why would he want to do that? He would want to stay visible to lure Cyke into killing his teammates. This is what I don't get, Spiderman's supposed to take advantage of the fact that his teammates are a liability, not make it a disadvantage to him. Hey I'm not the one saying he's running around invisible...Originally posted by Scoobless
Lights would be off in most rooms... and lamps aren't always that good... lots of shadows

And why wouls he be fighting them in the mansion at night unless he's the one attacking?They know he's coming. The additional set-up is that all the X-Men have gathered knowing Spider-Man is coming.

As far as illumination, it's a mansion in Westchester not a hovel in Rwanda.

thedude1948
Anyways, most superheroes are in a life and death situation quite often and they don't resort to killing. Why the hell would Spiderman fight logan on his own terms if he doesn't have to? The point is to let the teammates do the work for him until the big threat is removed, which is mainly Cyclops. Everyone else pretty much agrees that noone else will really be a threat, so basically this is Spiderman vs Cyke, with people going against the rules to make him win. *sigh*.

Uhh, okay lets say Spider-Man takes out everyone else on the team 1 on 1. How exactly is Spider-Man going to take out cyclops, so he is going to dodge the blasts? how is he going to dodge this? web his face? laughing

Brutacus

And why wouls he be fighting them in the mansion at night unless he's the one attacking?

Can you show this? or give the issue number so someone else can show it?

Sure X-factor 33.

marvelprince
What's Scott going to if his face is webbed up. Blast it off.

Of course he'll blast it, but it'll be a temporary distraction at least. What happens if his webs up Cyke's whole face including the button to the visor so he can't touch it? Or what if he webs Scott's to his sides? Scott is powerful but he's limited by needing his hands free and having to access his visor.

marvelprince
Uhh, okay lets say Spider-Man takes out everyone else on the team 1 on 1. How exactly is Spider-Man going to take out cyclops, so he is going to dodge the blasts? how is he going to dodge this? web his face? laughing

Uhh, and what makes you think Spider-Man is gonna let Scott do this? Why would he take out all the other X-men and leave Cyclops? Please, by the time Scott moves his hands to his visor Spider-Man is already behind him

Tha C-Master
Uhh, okay lets say Spider-Man takes out everyone else on the team 1 on 1. How exactly is Spider-Man going to take out cyclops, so he is going to dodge the blasts? how is he going to dodge this? web his face? laughing He can dodge his none CIS blasts just fine. Unfortunately for Cyke and the rest of the Spiderman haters, that is CIS involved.

How will Cyke hit an invisible Spiderman?

Either way, Scott can't do anything if he's fully webbed up though.

marvelprince

Say what now? In Sensational Spider-Man has been giving his stealth mode some nice use. Can you give more examples of Cyclops using an omniblast against people (not machines or someone with invunerablity)? Besides the point wasn't that he wouldn't use an omniblast against Spider-Man, the point was that he wouldn't use it in such closed quarters cause he could probably bring the house down on his whole team

marvelprince
Sure X-factor 33.

Btw, wasn't that an enhanced Beast at the time? Moot point anyway as Luke Cage before he got enhanced also created earthquakes when he was only 5 tons. Beast is not 30 tons

thedude1948
Uhh, and what makes you think Spider-Man is gonna let Scott do this? Why would he take out all the other X-men and leave Cyclops? Please, by the time Scott moves his hands to his visor Spider-Man is already behind him
Show me one time where someone at Spider-Mans level is fast enough to do that, the only time I remember this happening is Northstar doing it to him but he was moving at the speed of light. Im pretty sure Spider-Man cant move this fast.

He can dodge his none CIS blasts just fine. Unfortunately for Cyke and the rest of the Spiderman haters, that is CIS involved.

How will Cyke hit an invisible Spiderman?

Either way, Scott can't do anything if he's fully webbed up though.
Yeah lets just ignore it roll eyes (sarcastic) , a CIS blast would be all of Cyclops low powered blasts, the fact is Cyclops holds back most of his blasts, and forum rules says that each character will fight to his/her best ability.

how will he hit Spider-Man, unless going invisible means the blasts will go through him (which it wont) he is going to get hit...

Yeah and Cyclops is going to just stand there while Spider-Man is going to web him up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I dont hate Spider-Man I just know he has his limits.

Say what now? In Sensational Spider-Man has been giving his stealth mode some nice use. Can you give more examples of Cyclops using an omniblast against people (not machines or someone with invunerablity)? Besides the point wasn't that he wouldn't use an omniblast against Spider-Man, the point was that he wouldn't use it in such closed quarters cause he could probably bring the house down on his whole team
From the forum rules
"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability,"

marvelprince
Show me one time where someone at Spider-Mans level is fast enough to do that, the only time I remember this happening is Northstar doing it to him but he was moving at the speed of light. Im pretty sure Spider-Man cant move this fast.

Ask and you shall recieve

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fnspiderman4009jl7.jpg

Before Tony's hand can even lower Spider-Man was already behind him and sweeping him off of his feet. Oh and did I mention he wasn't even trying in that pic. Thta was just off instinct. Imagine a Spider-Man trying to speed blitz

Yeah lets just ignore it roll eyes (sarcastic) , a CIS blast would be all of Cyclops low powered blasts, the fact is Cyclops holds back most of his blasts, and forum rules says that each character will fight to his/her best ability

I get this. I'm saying that even with CIS removed Scott won't go all out. He will not endanger his team.

how will he hit Spider-Man, unless going invisible means the blasts will go through him (which it wont) he is going to get hit...

So now Scott is just gonna lash out not even knowing if he's hitting anything? Yea, cause Scott does that alot

Yeah and Cyclops is going to just stand there while Spider-Man is going to web him up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If its too fast for him to react too he won't have much of a choice will he

I dont hate Spider-Man I just know he has his limits

The problem is you presume to know his limits when you don't have much more than an inkling

From the forum rules
"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability,"

From the forum rules
"Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates."

In this CIS Cyclops going batsh** is not CIS cause there is a legitimate reason for him not to, the fear of hurting his team. I guess you can argue that this would be qualified a desperate time or that Cyclops would think that his team can take care of themselves. But that would require ignoring years of character development and advancement. Whatever works for you I guess

thedude1948
Ask and you shall recieve

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fnspiderman4009jl7.jpg

Before Tony's hand can even lower Spider-Man was already behind him and sweeping him off of his feet. Oh and did I mention he wasn't even trying in that pic. Thta was just off instinct. Imagine a Spider-Man trying to speed blitz

He knocks down Tony who is just a normal human who wasnt even expecting it, not impressive at all

I get this. I'm saying that even with CIS removed Scott won't go all out. He will not endanger his team.

So now Scott is just gonna lash out not even knowing if he's hitting anything? Yea, cause Scott does that alot you are assuming the X-men are an idiot team who just started working with eachother. Cyclops is the team leader when he says to get outa the way most of the team probably will, maybe not Wolverine, but that wont matter.

If its too fast for him to react too he won't have much of a choice will he Spider-Man isnt a speedster he isnt going to web up Cyclops before he reacts.

From the forum rules
"Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates."

In this CIS Cyclops going batsh** is not CIS cause there is a legitimate reason for him not to, the fear of hurting his team. I guess you can argue that this would be qualified a desperate time or that Cyclops would think that his team can take care of themselves. But that would require ignoring years of character development and advancement. Whatever works for you I guess

Same as above the X-Men arent some idiot team that just started working with eachother, they probably have more experience with eachother than any team from danger room training, and missions.

marvelprince
He knocks down Tony who is just a normal human who wasnt even expecting it, not impressive at all

As opposed to Cyclops who has super speed, agilty and reflexes right? And I wasn't aware Spider-Man made his opponents aware that he's gonna sneak up on them. You wanted something to prove his speed. Well that showed it. Before Tony's hand could even come down on his shoulder Tony's legs were thrown from under him and SPider-Man was behind him. This was from a Spider-Man that wasn't even trying. You can argue all you point, point is Spider-Man is fast enough move before Cyclops hits his visor.

You are assuming the X-men are an idiot team who just started working with eachother. Cyclops is the team leader when he says to get outa the way most of the team probably will, maybe not Wolverine, but that wont matter.

Not assuming. If Spider-Man is in the midst of them all moving from one to the next you think that when Cyclops yells move he's gonna stay there while the others move. Even though he moves faster than all of them combined and has an early danger warning system. Look's like your the one assuming Spider-Man is an idiot

Spider-Man isnt a speedster he isnt going to web up Cyclops before he reacts.

So says you. I've shown he's fast enough to react to even the slightest of movements. Your gonna have to do more than say no he can't

Same as above the X-Men arent some idiot team that just started working with eachother, they probably have more experience with eachother than any team from danger room training, and missions.

I agree. I'd say they probably have some the best teamwork in all of comicdom. That's exactly why none of them are gonna go all out in such a closed space. They know better

Tha C-Master

Yeah lets just ignore it roll eyes (sarcastic) , a CIS blast would be all of Cyclops low powered blasts, the fact is Cyclops holds back most of his blasts, and forum rules says that each character will fight to his/her best ability.

I dont hate Spider-Man I just know he has his limits.

From the forum rules
"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability," You clearly don't know the rules then, and by that case, Spiderman goes invisible or webs at him, he shoots it and gets hit again. Best to abilities right?

jasofisc
wolverine takes spider alone. I can understand someone saying spiderman wining agenst any of these guys (including wolverine) one on one but all together, it's just a spite thread. Too bad their is just so much x-men hate on this forum for any of the x-men haters to see clearly. Serously people will give cap. america a better chance agenst spider then an entire team of x-men. Face it people the x-men have been working together for a verly long time, their not just a bunch of punk kids that bring their dog with them to solve mysteries.

xmarksthespot
Of course he'll blast it, but it'll be a temporary distraction at least. What happens if his webs up Cyke's whole face including the button to the visor so he can't touch it? Or what if he webs Scott's to his sides? Scott is powerful but he's limited by needing his hands free and having to access his visor. Uh no he isn't.Originally posted by marvelprince
Say what now? In Sensational Spider-Man has been giving his stealth mode some nice use. Can you give more examples of Cyclops using an omniblast against people (not machines or someone with invunerablity)? Besides the point wasn't that he wouldn't use an omniblast against Spider-Man, the point was that he wouldn't use it in such closed quarters cause he could probably bring the house down on his whole team The point was that under CIS - where he actually has a chance at winning - both sides are under the restriction of their self-imposed mental restraint. Five X-Men against a Spider-Man who holds back as much as he normally does due to his own natural mental restraint, he loses.

thedude1948
You clearly don't know the rules then, and by that case, Spiderman goes invisible or webs at him, he shoots it and gets hit again. Best to abilities right?

Yeah best of their abilities. Cyclops does this

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5285/cyclops2cq7.th.jpg

Spider-Man is dead.

Also when Cyclops tells his team to get outa the way they do.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6631/cyclopslv5.th.jpg

Tha C-Master
If you want to play scan game, I could show you where Spiderman has punked the xmen as an adult and teen but it isn't necessary.

Spiderman holds back not to kill but he fights to the best of his abilities, which means he can knock out all but Wolverine easily (if he hit them). So no he isn't holding back as normal, but he isn't killing, why can't people understand that?

Spider-Man is dead.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6631/cyclopslv5.th.jpg With character induced... which means he isn't doing that to his team. If Spiderman turns invisible, Cyke isn't just going to blatantly fire at invisible targets. Can you tell me when he does this?

marvelprince
Originally posted by jasofisc
wolverine takes spider alone. I can understand someone saying spiderman wining agenst any of these guys (including wolverine) one on one but all together, it's just a spite thread. Too bad their is just so much x-men hate on this forum for any of the x-men haters to see clearly. Serously people will give cap. america a better chance agenst spider then an entire team of x-men. Face it people the x-men have been working together for a verly long time, their not just a bunch of punk kids that bring their dog with them to solve mysteries.

I think Spider-Man vs Logan is a good fight too. Point is I think that certain characters fare better against teams than they do alone. Check out Spider-Man vs Fantastic Four.

BTW, Spider-Man kills Captain America

capt it up
I think Spider-Man vs Logan is a good fight too. Point is I think that certain characters fare better against teams than they do alone. Check out Spider-Man vs Fantastic Four.

BTW, Spider-Man kills Captain America
or that could have been shitty writting.

check out wolverine vs alpha flight.

do u honestly think wolverine could take on alpha flight??

do you honestly think spiderman could take on the fantastic 4

xmarksthespot

BTW, Spider-Man kills Captain America Spider-Man fares just as badly against the Fantastic Four as a team as he does against IW alone. Or Mr F alone. He fares worse than when he faces Thing alone despite there not being any mention of CIS being off.

"CIS is on" while technically being the status quo only tends to come into play when someones character dies very easily when it's off and that doesn't sit well. Nearly every thread that has the FF in it begins with everyone saying IW makes brain bubbles or HT goes nova. Threads with telepaths begin with mindrapes, despite that they rarely initiate combat with such means, even when "CIS is on" because otherwise hasn't been specified.

marvelprince
Originally posted by capt it up
or that could have been shitty writting.

check out wolverine vs alpha flight.

do u honestly think wolverine could take on alpha flight??

do you honestly think spiderman could take on the fantastic 4

Yes I think Wolverine can take him. He won't win cause they are mad powerful but he could try

Yes, I don't think he can win against the FF more times out of 10 but I think he can take em

xmarksthespot
Yes I think Wolverine can take him. He won't win cause they are mad powerful but he could tryerm Doesn't that mean you don't think he could take them.
Yes, I don't think he can win against the FF more times out of 10 but I think he can take em Classic or current, and how exactly.

pr1983
No Telepathy

The X-Men have way too much firepower...

and no, spidey doesnt have a hope against the f4...

marvelprince
Spider-Man fares just as badly against the Fantastic Four as a team as he does against IW alone. Or Mr F alone. He fares worse than when he faces Thing alone despite there not being any mention of CIS being off.

"CIS is on" while technically being the status quo only tends to come into play when someones character dies very easily when it's off and that doesn't sit well. Nearly every thread that has the FF in it begins with everyone saying IW makes brain bubbles or HT goes nova. Threads with telepaths begin with mindrapes, despite that they rarely initiate combat with such means, even when "CIS is on" because otherwise hasn't been specified.

You'd be suprised how much a little thing like an indoor setting can put things in ones favor. Torch won't go Nova instead or too close to the others, Sue can't put a bubble into someones head who is leaping all over place. Again not saying Spider-Man will win against him just saying certain situations make things easier.

Off course he fares worst against the Thing one on one. Cause he has to fight him, not hit and run like he normally does.

glad you brought up CIS cause if we're removing that then we have a full strength Spider-Man moving as fast as he can

xmarksthespot
You'd be suprised how much a little thing like an indoor setting can put things in ones favor. Torch won't go Nova instead or too close to the others, Sue can't put a bubble into someones head who is leaping all over place. Again not saying Spider-Man will win against him just saying certain situations make things easier.

Off course he fares worst against the Thing one on one. Cause he has to fight him, not hit and run like he normally does.

glad you brought up CIS cause if we're removing that then we have a full strength Spider-Man moving as fast as he can He fares worse against the Fantastic Four than he does Thing alone. erm

If we're removing it Cyclops kills them all and goes out for dinner with Emma.

marvelprince
erm Doesn't that mean you don't think he could take them.

Take as in take on, not take down

Classic or current, and how exactly.

Current w/ invisibilty, if he sneaks up on them in a pretty small room. 2/10 chance

xmarksthespot
ninja styles... erm

Nightwing can beat Emma Frost 10/10 if he sneaks up on her when she's sleeping.

Anyway I made a separate thread for the FF stuff since it's off topic.

marvelprince

Seen these pics. Way more than I needed to

Spider-Man is dead.

And so is half of the X-team

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6631/cyclopslv5.th.jpg

Did I ever dispute that his team won't listen him? My point is that Spider-Man won't sit there in the open when Scott yells for his team to move. By the time he's told them move Spider-Man has already moved and is knocking him out

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>