Skinny model storm hits London Fashion Week

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

smoker4
LONDON (Reuters) - A furore about overly thin models caused London Fashion Week on Friday to cancel its opening photocall after being criticised for not banning super-skinny women from its catwalks.

The British Fashion Council (BFC), organisers of the five-day event, scrapped the photocall after receiving a barrage of criticism for refusing to follow the lead taken by Madrid and turn away models under a certain size.

Source

I personally hate the 0 size look, much prefer women with some bootaye. Its also so unrealistic.

PVS
the fashion industry tricks impressionable women (suckers) into believeing they have to be anorexic/bolemic to be beautiful.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by smoker4
I personally hate the 0 size look, much prefer women with some bootaye.

thumb up

Soleran
LONDON (Reuters) - A furore about overly thin models caused London Fashion Week on Friday to cancel its opening photocall after being criticised for not banning super-skinny women from its catwalks.

The British Fashion Council (BFC), organisers of the five-day event, scrapped the photocall after receiving a barrage of criticism for refusing to follow the lead taken by Madrid and turn away models under a certain size.

Source

I personally hate the 0 size look, much prefer women with some bootaye. Its also so unrealistic.

size zero is better then to much funk in the trunk.

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS
the fashion industry tricks impressionable women (suckers) into believeing they have to be anorexic/bolemic to be beautiful.

It also impacts on younger girls giving them a false image to be peer pressured with, the only thing i hate more is Paris Hilton ala stupid whore video playset.

Originally posted by Soleran

Nah i like big butts and i cannot lie

Slyððering
Smoke, you dog....
Or should I say Wookie? stick out tongue

Afro Cheese
Though I agree with the general message they're trying to send.. seems a little wrong being forced like this..

smoker4

Lady Fianna
Jesus, JK Rowling's getting involved? disgust That woman needs to shut up, and finish writing her bloody books so everyone can start ignoring her and damm Harry Potter.

I agree that they need more realistically sized models, and that the fashion industry needs to start letting people know that damage models do to their body by staying that thin.

Soleran
Originally posted by Lady Fianna
Jesus, JK Rowling's getting involved? disgust That woman needs to shut up, and finish writing her bloody books so everyone can start ignoring her and damm Harry Potter.

I agree that they need more realistically sized models, and that the fashion industry needs to start letting people know that damage models do to their body by staying that thin.

are you fat?

Lady Fianna
are you fat? How is that relevant?

Soleran
How is that relevant?

very

Lady Fianna
very That doesn't make sense. confused

Soleran
Oh well..............think about it.

smoker4
very

Not relevant at all me thinks

Lady Fianna
Oh well..............think about it. So...you think that if someone is fat they are jealous of skinny models, and that's why they don't like it? What kind of ignorant, narrow minded idiot are you?

Ever consider perhaps it's because they are damaging their own bodies and portraying an image that is unattainable but impressionable young girls will still attempt to reach, often becoming anorexic in the process.

I've seen that kind of influence in action, and it's not a pretty sight.

PVS
are you fat?

are you an idiot?

good news: no need to answer that smile

smoker4
So...you think that if someone is fat they are jealous of skinny models, and that's why they don't like it? What kind of ignorant, narrow minded idiot are you?

Ever consider perhaps it's because they are damaging their own bodies and portraying an image that is unattainable but impressionable young girls will still attempt to reach, often becoming anorexic in the process.

I've seen that kind of influence in action, and it's not a pretty sight. Originally posted by PVS
are you an idiot?

good news: no need to answer that smile

Soleran, your attitude stinks

grey fox

So you like sleeping with sticks ?

FeceMan
Hey, guys?

Soleran's trolling. Don't feed him.

debbiejo
I have to say a person can tell when someone looks anorexic.........and it's not a great role model for girls.......especially when just 40 years ago it was the voluptuous that were considered sexy, ya know curves.....These new girls seem to have sunk in eyes and the clothes just hang off them, you can even see their hip bones............signs of starving themselves............not good.

PVS
Originally posted by FeceMan
Hey, guys?

Soleran's trolling. Don't feed him.

thats all he does is troll. **** him. hes an idiot so ill call him one.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo
I have to say a person can tell when someone looks anorexic.........and it's not a great role model for girls.......especially when just 40 years ago it was the voluptuous that were considered sexy, ya know curves.....These new girls seem to have sunk in eyes and the clothes just hang off them, you can even see their hip bones............signs of starving themselves............not good.

Then surely 'girls' know this too? Unless they blindly base their personal appearance upon fashion models, in which case we can all start despairing.

Nogoodnamesleft
I can't stand this Spanish feminist bullshit. Spain sucks donkeydick if they don't expect women to be thin enough to be attractive. Shoot the fatasses, shoot the mouthy hairy broads, and shoot whoever came up with Fatass Fashion Week. Gimme the anorexic nymphomaniacs with titties the size of beachballs any day.

smoker4
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
I can't stand this Spanish feminist bullshit. Spain sucks donkeydick if they don't expect women to be thin enough to be attractive. Shoot the fatasses, shoot the mouthy hairy broads, and shoot whoever came up with Fatass Fashion Week. Gimme the anorexic nymphomaniacs with titties the size of beachballs any day.

You seem to be obsessed with the whole sucking of dick process!

Lady Fianna
You seem to be obsessed with the whole sucking of dick process! How ironic. Obviously he prefers the more angular, manly shape.

Mindship
Make 'em think normal is wrong, skinny is good, so the diet industry can keep on boomin'. Just one example of the make-'em-sick-then-sell-'em-the-cure facet of our free market economy. Hip-hip-hoorah!

BTW, women with curves beat toothpicks anyday. Damn, if you're gonna be female and starve yourself into having nothing, then what's the point? Might as well be a guy with zero muscle tone.

Was that too harsh?
rolling on floor laughing

Trickster
I think the question is: Was that harsh at all?

Imperial_Samura

Source

What, ther has ever been a time in the last few years when there haven't been super skinny models drifting about?

Personally it is more then a little bit of a turn off with unnaturally thin forms. The waifish look, when natural, can be aesthetically good, but some of those models are just... over the top. Icky. And unhealthy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.